PDA

View Full Version : Great, Now I have more G.A.S.

Phalaris99504
08-15-2012, 03:15 AM
I was down at my local music shop. picking up some strings, cables, etc.. I was looking at their Amps and Guitars, and I have to say, I found my next pick. It is absolutely stunning. It's an Epiphone SG. And oddly enough, I've searched and searched, and can't find any pictures on Epiphones web site, or anywhere else for that matter. It looks like the SG G-400. Same pickguard, same headstock inlay. But it's painted Ice Tea Burst, but it has a Quilted Maple top. I can't find any SG's on Epi's website with quilted maple. If I had the cash, I would have taken her home. She was calling to me. She shined above the others. The most beautiful girl in the room, an she wanted me as badly as I wanted her.

Phalaris.

rcole_sooner
08-15-2012, 03:38 AM
Quilt tops will do that to a person. They spread that GAS bug bad.

All I can say, is that if the price gets up near a Gibson SG Faded, give the Faded a try first. It ain't quilt, no neck binding, and only has dots for inlays, but they play dang nice.

revtime
08-15-2012, 10:20 AM
The bass DLC has given me chronic GAS. Not that I didn't have a serious case before. I bought 7 guitars in 5 months. I can not do that with basses. I am running out of space on the walls to hang them.

WiiDaLoser
08-15-2012, 06:56 PM
The bass DLC has given me chronic GAS. Not that I didn't have a serious case before. I bought 7 guitars in 5 months. I can not do that with basses. I am running out of space on the walls to hang them.
Good to know I'm not the only one ;)

I'm at 5 guitars and 1 bass in about 7 months. Feel satisfied right now, but have to see how long that lasts

Pancho X1
08-15-2012, 09:57 PM
wow. I thought i was bad. I've bought 2 guitars and 1 bass since rocksmith but I had 3 guitars and 1 bass before..........

Funk-n-Stein
08-15-2012, 10:34 PM
Looks like there was a limited edition quilt top G-400 in 2010...