PDA

View Full Version : note highway speeds up

ekffazr
08-07-2012, 04:46 PM
so last night I was playing mean ***** by Taddy Porter (who are they??) combo 1
I have most of it leveled to 100, but then in the middle of the song the notes sped up to like light speed.

is this some sort of known issue on the 360.........is it normal?? (god I hope not, I will never get those little licks figured out at that speed)

after I went and played some other songs and they were at normal speed

sorry if this is addressed somewhere.......I didnt see it
:confused:

rcole_sooner
08-07-2012, 04:53 PM
It sounds like you leveled up a section, that you had not previously completely leveled.

Some sections have so many notes, that they fly by very, very quickly (light speed so to speak).

You (or at least I) have to play by muscle memory, at that point.

To slow these sections down and learn them, either use the RR Accelerator tool, or just find a YT video and stop on those sections.

luckyrod
08-07-2012, 06:36 PM
Even though it seems that the game gets harder when it speeds up, it actually makes it easier to see the notes. It's the best way to deal with parts with too many notes. But, I agree with you, the first time that it accelerates I was just thinking: "Hey, what just happened there?" :-)

ekffazr
08-07-2012, 07:47 PM
sounds logical I guess........first time I have seen this though
I notice the song plays the same, just the riffing section notes are ****her apart to account for the Flash Gordon speed

I tried the accelerator tool....it got going to fast for my old brain to keep up in those sections

I will patiently await the patch and then get it down cold at my own leisure

Shake N Baco
08-10-2012, 12:27 AM
I don't know if it has anything to do with song section or not. I have been playing Rocksmith since release and two weeks ago I bought Just Got to Be by The Black Keys. I played the song once and it was fine. Went to rift repeater for one section and played it about 14 times then all of a sudden it sped up big time. (When I didn't pass the section for the record.) All of a sudden instead of seeing like 14 notes on my screen I'd only see like 6 as it was zoomed in or something. When I went and played the full song the whole song was really quick and hard to see any notes. The song is pretty easy, but I'm essentially playing it from memory because it is moving so darn fast...

The best way to explain the issue is this:

Instead of seeing about 4 seconds worth of notes on your screen you start seeing like 3/4 of a second on your whole screen. It's just weird and basically impossible to use.

Hope this is fixed in next patch.