PDA

View Full Version : Rocksmith Guitar PC Official Bugs and Issues Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Black_Widow9
08-07-2012, 05:22 AM
Hello,
Welcome to Rocksmith Guitar PC!

Please post all bugs, repeatable crashes and any major gameplay technical issues in this thread for Rocksmith Guitar PC. Do not make new threads since this can result in your problem getting lost and the Topic getting closed.

This is not a means of Direct support but a means to collaborate all issues. You should also report any bugs or glitches directly to Ubisoft Support. The direct link is in my Signature.

Please find your Console/Issue from the links below if you have a separate Issue-

Rocksmith Official Bugs and Issues Threads (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/704396)

If you have any gameplay feedback please post in one of these Threads-

Guitar- Rocksmith Guitar Official Gameplay Feedback #2 (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/704402)
Bass- Rocksmith Bass Official Gameplay Feedback (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/704399)

Thank you for taking the time to report any issues.
Rocksmith Forum Team

rurbaniak
10-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Problem: Did not get the Achievement "Half K" for a 500+ note streak. I leveled up Go With the Flow and was 100% with 973ish note streak.

Also noticed that 0% of the community have it as well: http://steamcommunity.com/stats/205190/achievements

Opened ticket with Ubisoft as well.

halitburak
10-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Hello

First of all I am not sure if I should be posting this here, so bear with me if I should have opened this elsewhere please.

My Rocksmith cable suddenly stopped being recognized by windows. I have downloaded asio4all drivers as people suggested on friday and had pretty much zero issues all weekend, even played through guitar rig and overloud; but today I started getting driver errors on Windows 7 (namely error code 10, apparently). Reinstalling asio4all did pretty much nothing and I don't really know what I should do at this point.

Any ideas?

rurbaniak
10-01-2012, 09:54 PM
Hello

First of all I am not sure if I should be posting this here, so bear with me if I should have opened this elsewhere please.

My Rocksmith cable suddenly stopped being recognized by windows. I have downloaded asio4all drivers as people suggested on friday and had pretty much zero issues all weekend, even played through guitar rig and overloud; but today I started getting driver errors on Windows 7 (namely error code 10, apparently). Reinstalling asio4all did pretty much nothing and I don't really know what I should do at this point.

Any ideas?

I don't thin the asio4all is a supported method. I'd probably remove the asio4all to begin with and try to get the cable working by itself. Uninstall the rocksmith cable in device manager too. Reboot, plug in the cable and it should install itself, then try it out. If it works, then probably the asio4all is the problem. But you could try reinstalling the asio4all after it's working. But support most likely will say that asio4all not supported.

UndoingBus943
10-01-2012, 10:00 PM
Playing the demo, I get a slight audio lag in the amp. When I pluck the string, I hear it delayed by a short amount. Could this be caused by my onboard sound and/or drivers, would it work better if I upgraded my sound hardware?

From dxdiag:
-------------
Sound Devices
-------------
Description: Speakers (Realtek AC'97 Audio)
Default Sound Playback: Yes
Default Voice Playback: Yes
Hardware ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0059&SUBSYS_812A1043&REV_A2
Manufacturer ID: 1
Product ID: 100
Type: WDM
Driver Name: RTKVAC64.SYS
Driver Version: 6.00.0001.6305 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
Date and Size: 6/18/2009 19:45:06, 3491616 bytes
Other Files:
Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
HW Accel Level: Basic
Cap Flags: 0x0
Min/Max Sample Rate: 0, 0
Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 0, 0
Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
HW Memory: 0
Voice Management: No
EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No[/FONT]

halitburak
10-01-2012, 10:12 PM
I don't thin the asio4all is a supported method. I'd probably remove the asio4all to begin with and try to get the cable working by itself. Uninstall the rocksmith cable in device manager too. Reboot, plug in the cable and it should install itself, then try it out. If it works, then probably the asio4all is the problem. But you could try reinstalling the asio4all after it's working. But support most likely will say that asio4all not supported.

First of all, thank you for your input. Greatly appreciated.

After countless reboots and reinstalls I got it working again. Only issue / funny thing is the Device Manager in Widnows now thinks the Rocksmith cable is called "hoksmit".

Oh well... :)

LumensAquilae
10-03-2012, 06:11 AM
- Loading a tone in the Amp causes icons to disappear. They reappear if you scroll the screen back and forth far enough to knock them off the screen and bring them back. This has happened to me every single time I have tried to recreate it. Possibly related: I've also had the Guitar icon disappear right after launch where the game asks for Guitar or Bass.

- I've had a lot of issues getting Palm Mutes to register in the Technique Challenge. The 360 version appears to be a bit more lenient as I had fewer issues there, though it was still a bit picky.

- Also in regards to Palm Mutes, the technique challenge song doesn't contain most of the notes from the song you hear even when fully leveled up. Is this a bug or working as intended?

- None of the note streak achievements appear to be working. 0.2% of players have the 100 note streak achievement, though I have passed 100 note streaks many times without being rewarded the achievement. (as mentioned above, I thought I'd add this here since I've noticed it too)

KinchBlade
10-03-2012, 12:23 PM
Every now and then the mouse pointer pops up on the screen. Mega distracting. By the time I've finished swearing it disappears again though.

And since I'm here why is it [Spacebar] to select some things and [Enter] to select others? Quirky.

zarlorz
10-04-2012, 02:14 AM
I also have major problems with simple note recognition on the "Palm Mute Challenge". It works fine in the "Try it" part and in all of the songs I do it on (every time), but the in the challenge it's missing even when I don't bother doing the palm mute with it at all! Definite problem there.

Brick235
10-04-2012, 02:35 AM
Been playing the beta for a bit now. Definitely notice a lot of video lag especially when performing. This was a minor problem on PS3 when the crowd was there but it is just about unplayable for me on PC. I even noticed it a few times in rehearsal. My PC is pretty new and not a low end machine. I set the vid quality to low but it's still there.

ripper253
10-04-2012, 03:28 AM
Had a slight issue during tuning.

I tuned my guitar to Drop D in the tune on the main menu, didn't use precision tuner or anything like that, then, without going through amp mode or anything like that, went to play the Combo arrangement on Higher Ground, tuned back up to Standard E, but when the game went back to prompting a check on the strings again, The G(4th/Orange) string was marked as always being played, assuming this was an issue with the connection with my guitar, disconnected it from the RealTone cable, no-change, re-connected it, no change.

Was all fixed with a quick restart though, guitar was still in tune, song played normally (badly :P)

not sure where the issue might lay, I may try a few things to see if it's changing tunings on songs that bugger it up, or just the fact I used the main-menu's tuner.

copynmail
10-04-2012, 08:12 AM
- Loading a tone in the Amp causes icons to disappear. They reappear if you scroll the screen back and forth far enough to knock them off the screen and bring them back. This has happened to me every single time I have tried to recreate it. Possibly related: I've also had the Guitar icon disappear right after launch where the game asks for Guitar or Bass.

Yup, icons disappear when loading tones. I can recreate the bug; it's not a random thing.

mansonite87
10-04-2012, 01:55 PM
I purchased the PC version from Steam and started the game up.

No problem registering the sound levels and tuning the guitar the first time however when it then says that it will then go through and double check that the guitar is in tune it always says the red string is out of tune (minus 5) so I retune it, the circle fills up and... thats it... it just keeps saying Play the red string and will never let me move past.

I have tried 2 different guitars, 2 different rocksmith cables, closed the game, restarted it, uninstalled it, reinstalled it... IT WILL NOT LET ME PAST THE TUNE! Game is completely useless as it is.

Can anyone tell me how to fix it?

zarlorz
10-05-2012, 03:18 AM
To add to the palm mute issue (these are with Bass, BTW, not sure if the Guitar also has the same issues as I haven't tried the challenges there yet) it looks like the slap and pop challenge is also a bit buggy as it doesn't seem to register the note hits very well there, either.

LumensAquilae
10-05-2012, 04:00 AM
I haven't had any luck getting the "Play Super Slider" achievement to unlock. Anyone else?

LumensAquilae
10-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Another weird thing happened regarding achievements. I got the 1 mil achievement in Chord Dead and the game paused/froze when the Steam achievement popped up on the screen. By pause/froze I mean the zombie animation continued playing and they chattered stuck to the screen for 10 seconds along with the game freezing for a second or two here and there. When the game resumed it seemed to stop registering the guitar signal and I lost the game, the machine guns continued firing over the game over screen. Reconnecting the cable restored guitar function. I don't know if this was a bunch of unrelated things or not, I've been unable to reproduce and I've never had any similar issues.

incubus0
10-05-2012, 10:37 PM
I tested the PC beta yesterday and I am noticing a good amount of lag ~100 ms. It just doesn't feel right!

I have just put together a new Ivy bridge i5 3770k + 7970GHz + Windows 8 consumer preview machine. The game runs super smooth but I can very clearly feel the lag between plucking a note and hearing it from my Klipsch 2.1 pro media speaker through an Asus Xonar DSX sound card.

I have done everything that was mentioned in the PDF that resides in the Rocksmith folder without any success. I am not sure if other people are also noticing the same lag but I have this Zoom G1 guitar pedal which I use to connect my guitar to computer through USB and eventually get audio from my speakers with a lot of custom amp effects and I don't *feel* any lag using that.

This game is very cool though and would be super fun without lag!

luckyrod
10-05-2012, 11:49 PM
Every day when I start playing Rocksmith on PC I need to go through a long cycle of rebooting and plugging and unplugging the real tone cable until it starts working. I have no idea why it eventually works but I'm losing half hour every day before playing until I can make things work.

I followed the FAQ and tried everything that I could from there without any success.

I also noticed that my rocksmith cable never shows in the list of recording devices

Always that I plug the cable it shows on the list of hardware devices with a warning, when I check the status on the properties it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"

Black_Widow9
10-06-2012, 12:23 AM
Every day when I start playing Rocksmith on PC I need to go through a long cycle of rebooting and plugging and unplugging the real tone cable until it starts working. I have no idea why it eventually works but I'm losing half hour every day before playing until I can make things work.

I followed the FAQ and tried everything that I could from there without any success.

I also noticed that my rocksmith cable never shows in the list of recording devices

Always that I plug the cable it shows on the list of hardware devices with a warning, when I check the status on the properties it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"
I see you tried the FAQ's but this didn't work for you?

Problem: When I plug in my Rocksmith Real Tone Cable, it doesn’t show up or Windows has trouble starting the device.
Solutions: Make sure that the USB port that you’re plugging the cable into is providing enough power to the cable and configured for Full Speed (12Mbit/s) or faster. Make sure that the Rocksmith cable is being listed in the “Recording” tab of the Sound control panel. If the cable is being recognized by Windows, then the game should be able to access it.
For best results, plug the Rocksmith cable directly into a powered USB port on your PC.

luckyrod
10-06-2012, 02:04 AM
I see you tried the FAQ's but this didn't work for you?

Problem: When I plug in my Rocksmith Real Tone Cable, it doesn’t show up or Windows has trouble starting the device.
Solutions: Make sure that the USB port that you’re plugging the cable into is providing enough power to the cable and configured for Full Speed (12Mbit/s) or faster. Make sure that the Rocksmith cable is being listed in the “Recording” tab of the Sound control panel. If the cable is being recognized by Windows, then the game should be able to access it.
For best results, plug the Rocksmith cable directly into a powered USB port on your PC.

Yeah, I checked that. The port is fast enough and is powered. It works fine, the problem is that it not always works.

I noticed that if I keep plugging/unplugging and rebooting, it eventually works, but I have no idea what is different between when it's working or not. I also noticed that when it's working the warning sign disappears and a new microphone appears in the recording devices: "Microphone 3-USB Audio Device"

I also checked if the cable had any problem, but that's not the case, I can use it on PS3 and it works 100% of the time. I also have a second cable that behaves in the same way.

The game has been working perfectly when the cable is detected properly, but usually it takes a while to make it work and I can't reproduce the conditions to make it work. It never works straight away either.

incubus0
10-07-2012, 10:27 PM
I have fixed my lag issues by tweaking the INI file.
Setting LatencyBuffer = 2 and MaxOutputBufferSize = 288 did the trick for me. The lag is nearly unnoticeable now, feels like 30ish (ms).

theonecynic
10-08-2012, 03:21 PM
Having problems with note recognition on the slides on the intro to 'Good Enough' on the combo guitar part. Using the Riff Repeater on the Free Speed setting, I can see that it recognises that I've started playing the note, but doesn't recognise the whole slide, and the backing track stops until I try the slide again. This happens for most of the slides.

rurbaniak
10-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Parts of a song is sometimes locked when going straight to Riff Repeater. I generally use Leveler, and have noticed this a couple different times, here's a screen shot of the Interlude on Mean B*tch

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/902102437593936895/878EF7390DF348917DCD792CF005F13E6DDE0002/

I can get to unlock by playing the song and then coming back to riff repeater.

The intro on Next Girl was the same way for me.

the_korben
10-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Hi,

I have a weird problem on the PC with lag and my bass guitar.
Every now and then when I start (or restart) a song, it either stops recognizing that I'm hitting any notes at all (even though I can still hear the bass)
or suddenly has a very noticeable lag. When I restart the song, then pull out the USB cable and plug it in again, it usually plays fine.

Cheers,
the_koben

bo3bj
10-10-2012, 11:03 AM
Played the demo to get a feel for how well it works in stereoscopic 3D, using the NVidia 3D Vision glasses. Works pretty well. Well enough that I bought the second copy for the PC, even though I have DLC on the XBox.

The reason to play in stereoscopic is to get a much better feel for where the notes are on the neck. There are many times playing flat that I can't even see another note hiding behind a prior one, or the auto-pan will go waay up the neck, making it difficult to tell what upcoming notes are in the low frets. In stereoscopic I can get enough info to see what lane they are in.

The venues are all rendered in a full 3D space, including the practice room with that skanky red couch. They look terrific in stereoscopic, and really make you feel like you are there.

I use a dedicated projector, but this should work for all those 3D TVs out there too.

For bug/issue feedback- the UI is marginally busted in stereoscopic. The overlays for songs and the nav arrows are in different planes, which makes them not line up. It would be better if the song name displays are at screen depth with the other UI / HUD elements.

To test it easily, any computer that has an NVidia graphics card can show stereoscopic using the old school (albeit lame) red-blue anaglyphs. Easily good enough to tweak some of the UI elements or see what I'm talking about.

If anyone wants to see some screen shots:

http://photos.3dvisionlive.com/bo3bber/album/506ac26ea3e067fe78000000/

techman83
10-11-2012, 03:06 AM
With the Duck mini-game in the beta, I note that I had to rest against the fret left of the centre or it would active the next one to the right. I checked the guitar tune, so either that's intended or something is off slightly. Thoughts?

rcole_sooner
10-11-2012, 03:36 AM
I don't think you should be resting against frets anyways. You should be fretting somewhere in between the frets.

Granted in the upper frets the spaces are so small I sometimes have my finger over the previous fret, to the one I am fretting, but I always have my finger behind that fret. Or I try to.

If you actually fret on the target freet, you can get fret buzz, ghost notes, and other strange business.

AFAIK.

techman83
10-11-2012, 03:44 AM
I don't think you should be resting against frets anyways. You should be fretting somewhere in between the frets.

Granted in the upper frets the spaces are so small I sometimes have my finger over the previous fret, to the one I am fretting, but I always have my finger behind that fret. Or I try to.

If you actually fret on the target freet, you can get fret buzz, ghost notes, and other strange business.

AFAIK.

That's what I thought. The only way I can get it to activate in the correct spot (according to the game) is by resting on the fret, making the duck game unplayable at the moment.

Modu Raziel
10-11-2012, 04:11 AM
Unlike others in this thread, who only have this problem ittermitently, I am completely unable to play the game because the cable simply does not work on my computer. I have tried every USB port available, front and back. Sometimes the cable detects in device manager as hocksmit, sometimes as rocksmith, as well as an 'unknown device'. Then the computer tries to download drivers for both and fails to find them. It does not show up in my recording devices at all, ever.

I have tried the various solutions I could find on the net, and nothing is working. I *really* hope this gets fixed before release, cause I bought this on PC, already owning a copy on xbox, and if it turns out that it doesn't work, I will be rather cross about the $50 I just paid for something I can't use.

rcole_sooner
10-11-2012, 04:25 AM
Did you look through this thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/716851-Rocksmith-PC-Configuration-and-FAQ-s

j_gets
10-11-2012, 04:56 AM
I haven't played any console versions of this to know if the behavior is similar to what I'm seeing, but on PC the noise gate is far too aggressive, even with hot single-coil pickups. It cuts off sustain and strangles softly-picked notes like no one's business.

Please either drastically reduce the threshold, or give us some kind of slider/config file option to tone it down. It's distracting and really detracts from the experience.

Modu Raziel
10-11-2012, 02:35 PM
Did you look through this thread:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/716851-Rocksmith-PC-Configuration-and-FAQ-s

Yes. As I said, I have looked through all the various troubleshooting tips available online. Nothing works.

rcole_sooner
10-11-2012, 03:28 PM
Maybe you got a bad cable.

Does the cable work on your xbox?

You can also contact Ubisoft support via the links in my sig.

Modu Raziel
10-11-2012, 03:42 PM
Maybe you got a bad cable.

Does the cable work on your xbox?

You can also contact Ubisoft support via the links in my sig.

Yes, it works fine on the xbox.

I'm not sure Ubi support will be able to help, unless they can provide me with the correct driver for the cable. That is the issue that's occurring here: my computer cannot obtain the correct drivers when I plug the cable in.

rcole_sooner
10-11-2012, 03:59 PM
The same driver software should work for everyone, AFAIK. Other people have it working. I do not think the driver software is your problem.

You need to go through the thread I posted, and double check your setup.

Modu Raziel
10-11-2012, 04:14 PM
The same driver software should work for everyone, AFAIK. Other people have it working. I do not think the driver software is your problem.

You need to go through the thread I posted, and double check your setup.

It is not that the driver is not working, it is that the driver is not DOWNLOADING and INSTALLING when I plug the cable in. If i could be provided an .exe to said driver, i can manually install it, and that should resolve the issue.

And as I mentioned, I went through that entire thread, everything is configured correctly. I have tried multiple usb ports, but the root of the problem is that windows is unable to install appropriate drivers when the cable is plugged in, regardless of what port it is in.

rcole_sooner
10-11-2012, 04:34 PM
I dunno, but I hope you get it figured out.

luckyrod
10-11-2012, 10:47 PM
I have the same USB cable problem where it is not always recognized. I have to keep plugging and unplugging until it is recognized. I find it curious that Windows says that it failed to install the driver or that it failed to initialize device with error code 10, but then if I keep trying eventually it works fine.

I checked everything from the FAQ and it all seems fine when the cable is detected properly. The cable is perfect because I use it on PS3 without any problems.

It always works, but I always have to do the plug/unplug cycle usually between 3 to 10 times

rcole_sooner
10-12-2012, 05:57 AM
I purchased the PC software today, loaded it up tonight, and gave it a test run.

Using Steam was a little confusing. It was my first time to download SW from them. It seemed I downloaded the stuff twice, but I could not tell what it was doing.

Once it decided to install it, however, it did so and ran without a single problem

I plugged my cable in , and it detected it and loaded drivers fine. (I actually plugged in the cable before installing Rocksmith, and it recognized the cable as a Rocksmith audio device.)

There was some static and popping during the sound check that concerned me, but it was not present during later game play.

rml0214
10-12-2012, 07:51 AM
For those of you having problems with the cable, it might be that the level is too low.

If it comes up in your audio devices (Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter), you can select it, and hit properties. There should be a level tab. Mine was set down to 46 or so. I jacked it up to 90ish and it was detected. Not sure what a good level is without distorting.

As for me, my problem is that I can't see anything.

When I go to soundcheck, I get a lot of flashing colors that vaguely look like an audience and a guitar headstock. And thoughout the initial stages, when a text box is on screen and moves, I see ghost images of them.

I can't even see what I need to do for tuning.

Had the ghosting problem on XP and Windows 8. Never got far enough in XP to get to soundcheck (although I didn't change the levels).

gargravar
10-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Whoo hoo! Good find!

I had the microphone panel displayed then when I plugged in the real-tone cable I saw another microphone device come up. Its level was only about 25 so I bumped it up to 90 or so and sure enough rocksmith then detected the cable!

I am running a Macbook pro Retina model using Windows 7 on bootcamp. I setup the headphone jack to go to my receiver and the HDM outputI to the 55inch TV and it all worked perfectly.

Steven.

LieutenantDan_
10-12-2012, 12:42 PM
I have a windows 7 64bits sp1, i7 3930, geforce gtx 680 and 32g of ram and the game freezes at the loading screen and my system become unstable.
I tried the closed beta and the demo with no luck.

I bought it pre-order so I hope I will be able to play the game when it will go out on october 16th...

I think the video card is the problem. Anybody else having problems with the geforce gtx 680 ?

luckyrod
10-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Just one update: after the patch earlier today I haven't had any problem detecting the USB cable anymore It seems to be detecting perfectly all the time, not that I want to jinx it :-)

zarlorz
10-12-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm no expert by any means, but from what I've read the proper finger position is to push the string into the front fret bar (thinking of it as pushing it into it at a 45 degree angle down to the space/corner between the fret bar and the neck, if you will.) That should give several advantages, one being that it should reduce any string buzz you might have giving a clearer tone and it should also help a little if you tend to press too hard between the frets (which will bend the string more possible pulling it out of tone). Fretting too hard isn't a problem for a bass, really unless you bend the string out) but I find guitars are a lot more sensitive to the problem and making sure it's set up for good intonation along the neck can also help that some. Don't know if that help any, but I do wonder if by pressing between frets you are getting the proper register that might mean your guitar needs to be properly intonated. (Search YouTube for details for guitar intonation or bring it into a shop if you're not comfortable of have problems doing it on your own.)

rml0214
10-12-2012, 08:01 PM
Just one update: after the patch earlier today I haven't had any problem detecting the USB cable anymore It seems to be detecting perfectly all the time, not that I want to jinx it :-)

Was the patch for the demo or the beta?

Rockin7GG
10-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Hi,

Every now and then when I start (or restart) a song, it either stops recognizing that I'm hitting any notes at all (even though I can still hear the bass)
or suddenly has a very noticeable lag. When I restart the song, then pull out the USB cable and plug it in again, it usually plays fine.

Cheers,
the_koben

I have experienced the same issue today as I was going through the tuning of the bass before playing a song. I would play the Red string, and hear the sound of it but the program did not detect the note.:confused: I switched to emulated bass and then back to standard bass on more than one instance and, once it did detect and the other times it did not detect !!! Also today, I've had my first 'crash' as I was rehearsing in preparation for an event and, as I was performing the "slides" challenges, the monitor screen went totally white and the message came up saying that 'rocksmith.exe' had stopped working and windows was searching for a solution etc......

I restarted and played the entire event without any further issues but, this leaves me to wonder, 'when again' ???

rcole_sooner
10-13-2012, 01:35 AM
One thing I noticed tonight while playing bass on the PC, was the game sounds, like the menu clicks and voice telling us about stuff, is way louder than the music, instrument, or crowd in the game. There does not seem to be any way to set that volume. It is rather loud and annoying. To hear my instrument and the music, as loud as I do on the xbox, I have to turn my PC up until that game menu and voice volume is way too loud.

I don't remember it last night while playing guitar on the PC, but tonight while trying the bass I did.

Anybody else having this issue?

Rockin7GG
10-13-2012, 02:54 AM
One thing I noticed tonight while playing bass on the PC, was the game sounds, like the menu clicks and voice telling us about stuff, is way louder than the music, instrument, or crowd in the game. There does not seem to be any way to set that volume. It is rather loud and annoying. To hear my instrument and the music, as loud as I do on the xbox, I have to turn my PC up until that game menu and voice volume is way too loud.

I don't remember it last night while playing guitar on the PC, but tonight while trying the bass I did.

Anybody else having this issue?

Yes, I've noticed that as well but, it is also present with the Bass expansion on the PS3. It seems to be a variance in the narrator's volume introduced with the bass expansion, because I've never heard this in the original RS release. I sure hope they can streamline this volume discrepancy with a patch soon, in addition to addressing the crackling and popping noises in some songs.

gargravar
10-13-2012, 06:24 AM
Whoo hoo! Good find!

I had the microphone panel displayed then when I plugged in the real-tone cable I saw another microphone device come up. Its level was only about 25 so I bumped it up to 90 or so and sure enough rocksmith then detected the cable!

I am running a Macbook pro Retina model using Windows 7 on bootcamp. I setup the headphone jack to go to my receiver and the HDM outputI to the 55inch TV and it all worked perfectly.

Steven.

Just a note to say that after dumping the demo and buying the beta it took many attempts for my cable to be recognized again. Usually device manager just listed the cable as "USB audio device" or something like the. Other times it would be "ocksmit". The recording tab did not list the device until plugin attempt number 15 or so. The realtone device driver doesn't log anything to the event log making it a bit hard to debug.

Also, going into the game I got feedback. I had to manually disable the internal microphone.

I expect the level change that got the cable working the first time was just coincidence.

gargravar
10-13-2012, 09:52 AM
Been playing the beta for a bit now. Definitely notice a lot of video lag especially when performing. This was a minor problem on PS3 when the crowd was there but it is just about unplayable for me on PC. I even noticed it a few times in rehearsal. My PC is pretty new and not a low end machine. I set the vid quality to low but it's still there.

Yeah, the lag and stutters during performance mode is pretty bad in full screen mode. I switched to windowed mode and even though the game is still taking almost the entire screenI have had no lag at all now. Thank heavens!

My video card is only an nvidia 650m but wi does mode makes it usable. At least for the mouse hole venue...

SideTraKd42
10-13-2012, 04:09 PM
I have a windows 7 64bits sp1, i7 3930, geforce gtx 680 and 32g of ram and the game freezes at the loading screen and my system become unstable.
I tried the closed beta and the demo with no luck.

I bought it pre-order so I hope I will be able to play the game when it will go out on october 16th...

I think the video card is the problem. Anybody else having problems with the geforce gtx 680 ?

I'm running a GTX580 with no issues. I get a little slowdown during events, but I'm also running the game at 2560x1600 resolution... I realize the 680 is a different card for sure, but I can't see how the card could be the issue. Maybe the drivers?

gargravar
10-14-2012, 01:58 PM
Howdy,

On three occasions I have had a temporary loss of audio and note recognition. Two were while playing events. One was during tuning whle going into one of the games.

The two occasions when playing the event it fixed itself after maybe 10 to 15 seconds. In the tuner I gave up waiting after a minute or two and restarted the game.

The rocksmith microphone showed no signal when I strummed the guitar.

cthauber
10-14-2012, 06:08 PM
Howdy,

On three occasions I have had a temporary loss of audio and note recognition. Two were while playing events. One was during tuning whle going into one of the games.

The two occasions when playing the event it fixed itself after maybe 10 to 15 seconds. In the tuner I gave up waiting after a minute or two and restarted the game.

The rocksmith microphone showed no signal when I strummed the guitar.

I've had the same thing...not often, but a couple times, it just stops. I find if I pause the game, unplug cable from USB and plug back in it starts working again.
Happened about 3 times to me so far.

Black_Widow9
10-15-2012, 04:32 AM
Please make sure you are all contacting Ubisoft Support to let them know of any issues you are having. You can find the links in my signature.

syvyorig
10-15-2012, 06:48 AM
Hi,

Cheers,
the_koben

i have the same issue, tried different ports and i have 2 cables. same results, mainly in events. i'll get to say the @third song and notice my score is 0 when i start into the song. pull the cable and plug it back in (after resume option) then it works for a while.

Landozelig
10-16-2012, 05:02 AM
I'll throw this in here since the link for Bass-PC doesn't exist.

I have the standard problem everyone else seems to have with the USB cable suddenly becoming unrecognized. Before this happened though, I did notice a lag start to crawl into my playing. I rebooted and that was when the cable was unrecognized. It also seemed to mess up my reboot (Windows 7 x64 wouldn't restart until I unplugged the cable) and it messed up my USB wireless keyboard.

The other problem was getting stuck in an event because it wouldn't recognize my E string in the tuner. It was maybe the 6th or 7th event I've played. 5 song event. The 4th song was the STP song Between the Lines which required D-tuning. When I was done with the song, it told me my bass would have to be retuned, which I did. It used the precision tuner. Once it was tuned back to E, it wanted me to do the standard quick tune but would not recognize me hitting the E string at all. I tried all different notes, even tuned back down to D. Nothing worked. I had to scrap the event and try again. In the 2nd attempt at the event, the first song was fine, but then 2nd song wouldn't give me a score. As I was playing, the score was flashing, but wouldn't change from 0. At that point I called it a night. Like most PC programs I find that once something goes wrong, you're best off to just reboot and try again.

KinchBlade
10-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Dunno if this by design or not but...
on pc, if a section levels down and I quit out to start again without saving changes, unlike the PS3, it remembers the level down.
I'm then forced out to options to reset to highest achieved - a real pain!!
And why did it level down? Despite the fact I / the game could hear my guitar during tuning, once the song started, the game could not hear the guitar and levelled down. Aaarghh :D

KinchBlade
10-16-2012, 07:00 PM
AARRGHH part 2.
Luckily it was only a messing about account as I haven't really used the PC version much.

It's really far too easy to delete a profile on the PC version - somehow I managed to delte my test profile by accidentally hitting DEL instead of ENTER (or something)

Point is there should be a Y/N confirmation or something one can't do by pressing the normal buttons. Pretty please with sugar on top.

What's odd though is that my Steam profile has the achievements of my now-deleted account but I need to go though all the unbypassable blah-blah of my new account. Haven't done it yet so maybe it'll somehow remember all my achievements.. Who knows?

RiffyDivine
10-17-2012, 02:00 AM
Okay what the **** am I doing wrong, this is pissing me off at this point.

I keep fiddleing around in the ini doing what they said and sometimes I can get sound out my headphones but then it says the guitar is unplugged, then I get no sound at all. Can this honestly not use two USB devices at once?

00000000: : INIT ExclusiveMode 0
00000000: : INIT LatencyBuffer 5
00000000: : INIT ForceWDM 1
00000000: : INIT ForceDirectXSink 0
00000001: : =====================================
00000001: : CAkSinkPortAudio::Init
00000001: : Pa_Initialize called.
00000001: : before paHostApiInitializers[0].
00000007: : WASAPI: device idx: 00
00000007: : WASAPI: ---------------
00000007: : WASAPI: device ID: {0.0.0.00000000}.{d8be6e49-0ecb-4eaf-a9c0-5e3d7318a1bc}
00000008: : WASAPI:0| name[Speakers (4- Logitech G930 Headset)]
00000008: : WASAPI:0| DefaultFormat nChannels[8]
00000008: : WASAPI:0| form-factor[1]
00000009: : WASAPI:0| def.SR[48000] max.CH[8] latency{hi[0.010000] lo[0.003000]}
00000009: : WASAPI: device idx: 01
00000009: : WASAPI: ---------------
00000009: : WASAPI: device ID: {0.0.1.00000000}.{ad668779-f990-4bd5-a651-0473b88a722e}
00000009: : WASAPI:1| name[Microphone (2- Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter)]
00000009: : WASAPI:1| DefaultFormat nChannels[1]
00000009: : WASAPI:1| form-factor[4]
00000010: : WASAPI:1| vendorid/productid[12ba / ff]
00000010: : WASAPI:1| def.SR[48000] max.CH[1] latency{hi[0.010000] lo[0.003000]}
00000010: : WASAPI: initialized ok
00000010: : after paHostApiInitializers[0].
00000010: : before paHostApiInitializers[1].
00000015: : Setup called
00000015: : Enum called
00000015: : noError = 0
00000016: : Enum called
00000016: : noError = 0
00000016: : noError = 0
00000016: : noError = 1
00000016: : Device 6 has render alias
00000017: : noError = 1
00000017: : Device 7 has render alias
00000017: : Enum called
00000017: : noError = 0
00000017: : Device 9 has capture alias
00000018: : Enum called
00000018: : noError = 1
00000018: : Device 11 has render alias
00000018: : Enum called
00000018: : noError = 1
00000018: : Device 12 has render alias
00000019: : Device 12 has capture alias
00000019: : Enum called
00000019: : noError = 1
00000019: : Device 13 has no render alias
00000019: : Device 13 has capture alias
00000019: : Enum called
00000019: : Interfaces found: 6
00000021: : Device 6 has render alias
00000021: : Device 6 has realtime alias
00000021: : Interface 6, Name: H
00000021: : FilterNew: Creating filter 'HD Audio digital out'
00000021: : FilterNew: Opening filter...
00000021: : DumpConnectionsAndNodes: connections=2, nodes=1
00000021: : Connection: 0 - FromNode=4294967295,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=0,ToPin=1
00000021: : Connection: 1 - FromNode=0,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=4294967295,ToPin=1
00000021: : Node: 0 - {DFF21FE5-F70F-11D0-B917-00A0C9223196}
00000021: : PinNew: Creating pin 0:
00000021: : PinNew: Checking 3 no of dataranges...
00000021: : PinNew: DR major format 73647561
00000021: : PinNew: MaxChannel: 2
00000021: : PinNew: Format PCM 16 bit supported
00000021: : PinNew: Format PCM 24 bit supported
00000021: : PinNew: Format PCM 24 bit supported
00000021: : PinNew: Default sample rate = 44100 Hz
00000021: : Failed PinQueryNotificationSupport
00000021: : PinNew: Finding topology pin...
00000021: : FindStartConnectionTo: Checking 2 connections...00000021: : GetConnectedPin: count=1, forward=1, muxPosition=-1
00000021: : GetConnectionTo: Checking 2 connections... (pFrom = 0153E650)00000021: : GetConnectionTo: Returning 0153E660
00000021: : PinNew: Getting physical connection...
00000021: : PinNew: Physical connection found!
00000021: : PinNew: Creating topology filter '\\?\HDAUDIO#FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_989B&SUBSYS_10438372&REV_1003#4&18dbcfae&0&0001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\DigitalOutputTopo'
00000021: : FilterNew: Creating filter ''
00000021: : FilterNew: Opening filter...
00000021: : DumpConnectionsAndNodes: connections=3, nodes=2
00000021: : Connection: 0 - FromNode=4294967295,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=0,ToPin=1
00000021: : Connection: 1 - FromNode=0,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=1,ToPin=1
00000021: : Connection: 2 - FromNode=1,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=4294967295,ToPin=1
00000021: : Node: 0 - {3A5ACC00-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000021: : Node: 1 - {02B223C0-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000021: : PinNew: Opening topology filter...00000021: : PinNew: Checking for output endpoint pin id...
00000021: : FindStartConnectionTo: Checking 3 connections...00000021: : GetConnectedPin: count=2, forward=1, muxPosition=-1
00000021: : GetConnectionTo: Checking 3 connections... (pFrom = 015572B8)00000021: : GetConnectionTo: Returning 015572C8
00000021: : GetConnectedPin: count=2, forward=1, muxPosition=-1
00000021: : GetConnectionTo: Checking 3 connections... (pFrom = 015572C8)00000021: : GetConnectionTo: Returning 015572D8
00000021: : PinNew: Found endpoint pin id 1
00000021: : GetNameFromCategory: USB GUID 0605 -> 'SPDIF'
00000021: : PinNew: Pin name 'SPDIF Out'
00000021: : PinNew: Releasing topology filter...
00000021: : Pin created successfully
00000021: : PinNew: Creating pin 1:
00000021: : PinNew: Not source/sink
00000021: : PinNew: Error -9996
00000021: : Filter (WaveRT) created with 1 valid pins (total I/Os: 1)
00000022: : Device 7 has render alias
00000022: : Device 7 has realtime alias
00000022: : Interface 7, Name: H
00000022: : FilterNew: Creating filter 'HD Audio digital out 2'
00000022: : FilterNew: Opening filter...
00000022: : DumpConnectionsAndNodes: connections=2, nodes=1
00000022: : Connection: 0 - FromNode=4294967295,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=0,ToPin=1
00000022: : Connection: 1 - FromNode=0,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=4294967295,ToPin=1
00000022: : Node: 0 - {DFF21FE5-F70F-11D0-B917-00A0C9223196}
00000022: : PinNew: Creating pin 0:
00000022: : PinNew: Checking 3 no of dataranges...
00000022: : PinNew: DR major format 73647561
00000022: : PinNew: MaxChannel: 2
00000022: : PinNew: Format PCM 16 bit supported
00000022: : PinNew: Format PCM 24 bit supported
00000022: : PinNew: Format PCM 24 bit supported
00000022: : PinNew: Default sample rate = 44100 Hz
00000022: : Failed PinQueryNotificationSupport
00000022: : PinNew: Finding topology pin...
00000022: : FindStartConnectionTo: Checking 2 connections...00000022: : GetConnectedPin: count=1, forward=1, muxPosition=-1
00000022: : GetConnectionTo: Checking 2 connections... (pFrom = 0153E4D0)00000022: : GetConnectionTo: Returning 0153E4E0
00000022: : PinNew: Getting physical connection...
00000022: : PinNew: Physical connection found!
00000022: : PinNew: Creating topology filter '\\?\HDAUDIO#FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_989B&SUBSYS_10438372&REV_1003#4&18dbcfae&0&0001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\DigitalOutputTopo2'
00000022: : FilterNew: Creating filter ''
00000022: : FilterNew: Opening filter...
00000022: : DumpConnectionsAndNodes: connections=3, nodes=2
00000022: : Connection: 0 - FromNode=4294967295,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=0,ToPin=1
00000022: : Connection: 1 - FromNode=0,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=1,ToPin=1
00000022: : Connection: 2 - FromNode=1,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=4294967295,ToPin=1
00000022: : Node: 0 - {3A5ACC00-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000022: : Node: 1 - {02B223C0-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000022: : PinNew: Opening topology filter...00000022: : PinNew: Checking for output endpoint pin id...
00000023: : FindStartConnectionTo: Checking 3 connections...00000023: : GetConnectedPin: count=2, forward=1, muxPosition=-1
00000023: : GetConnectionTo: Checking 3 connections... (pFrom = 015572F8)00000023: : GetConnectionTo: Returning 01557308
00000023: : GetConnectedPin: count=2, forward=1, muxPosition=-1
00000023: : GetConnectionTo: Checking 3 connections... (pFrom = 01557308)00000023: : GetConnectionTo: Returning 01557318
00000023: : PinNew: Found endpoint pin id 1
00000023: : PinNew: Pin name 'Output'
00000023: : PinNew: Releasing topology filter...
00000023: : Pin created successfully
00000023: : PinNew: Creating pin 1:
00000023: : PinNew: Not source/sink
00000023: : PinNew: Error -9996
00000023: : Filter (WaveRT) created with 1 valid pins (total I/Os: 1)
00000023: : Device 9 has capture alias
00000023: : Device 9 has realtime alias
00000024: : Interface 9, Name: S
00000024: : FilterNew: Creating filter 'SoundMAX HD Audio I'
00000024: : FilterNew: Opening filter...
00000024: : DumpConnectionsAndNodes: connections=2, nodes=1
00000024: : Connection: 0 - FromNode=4294967295,FromPin=1 -> ToNode=0,ToPin=1
00000024: : Connection: 1 - FromNode=0,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=4294967295,ToPin=0
00000024: : Node: 0 - {4D837FE0-C555-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000024: : PinNew: Creating pin 0:
00000024: : PinNew: Checking 1 no of dataranges...
00000024: : PinNew: DR major format 73647561
00000024: : PinNew: MaxChannel: 2
00000024: : PinNew: Format PCM 16 bit supported
00000024: : PinNew: Format PCM 24 bit supported
00000024: : PinNew: Default sample rate = 44100 Hz
00000024: : Failed PinQueryNotificationSupport
00000024: : PinNew: Finding topology pin...
00000024: : FindStartConnectionFrom: Checking 2 connections...00000024: : GetConnectedPin: count=1, forward=0, muxPosition=-1
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Checking 2 connections... (pTo = 0153E690)
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 0153E680
00000024: : PinNew: Getting physical connection...
00000024: : PinNew: Physical connection found!
00000024: : PinNew: Creating topology filter '\\?\HDAUDIO#FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_989B&SUBSYS_10438372&REV_1003#4&18dbcfae&0&0001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\RearLineInTopo'
00000024: : FilterNew: Creating filter ''
00000024: : FilterNew: Opening filter...
00000024: : DumpConnectionsAndNodes: connections=10, nodes=6
00000024: : Connection: 0 - FromNode=4294967295,FromPin=1 -> ToNode=2,ToPin=1
00000024: : Connection: 1 - FromNode=2,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=1,ToPin=1
00000024: : Connection: 2 - FromNode=1,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=0,ToPin=1
00000024: : Connection: 3 - FromNode=4294967295,FromPin=3 -> ToNode=3,ToPin=1
00000024: : Connection: 4 - FromNode=3,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=0,ToPin=3
00000024: : Connection: 5 - FromNode=4294967295,FromPin=2 -> ToNode=4,ToPin=1
00000024: : Connection: 6 - FromNode=4,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=0,ToPin=2
00000024: : Connection: 7 - FromNode=4294967295,FromPin=4 -> ToNode=5,ToPin=1
00000024: : Connection: 8 - FromNode=5,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=0,ToPin=4
00000024: : Connection: 9 - FromNode=0,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=4294967295,ToPin=0
00000024: : Node: 0 - {2CEAF780-C556-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000024: : Node: 1 - {3A5ACC00-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000024: : Node: 2 - {41887440-C558-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000024: : Node: 3 - {3A5ACC00-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000024: : Node: 4 - {3A5ACC00-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000024: : Node: 5 - {3A5ACC00-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000024: : PinNew: Opening topology filter...00000024: : PinNew: Checking for input endpoint pin id (0)...
00000024: : FindStartConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections...00000024: : GetConnectedPin: count=6, forward=0, muxPosition=0
00000024: : GetNumberOfConnectionsTo: Checking 10 connections...00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections... (pTo = 015C09C8)
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 015C0958
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections... (pTo = 015C0958)
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 015C0948
00000024: : GetConnectedPin: count=6, forward=0, muxPosition=0
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections... (pTo = 015C0948)
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 015C0938
00000024: : PinNew: Found endpoint pin id 1
00000024: : GetNameFromCategory: USB GUID 0201 -> 'Microphone'
00000024: : PinNew: Checking for input endpoint pin id (1)...
00000024: : FindStartConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections...00000024: : GetConnectedPin: count=6, forward=0, muxPosition=1
00000024: : GetNumberOfConnectionsTo: Checking 10 connections...00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections... (pTo = 015C09C8)
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 015C0978
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections... (pTo = 015C0978)
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 015C0968
00000024: : PinNew: Found endpoint pin id 3
00000024: : PinNew: Checking for input endpoint pin id (2)...
00000024: : FindStartConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections...00000024: : GetConnectedPin: count=6, forward=0, muxPosition=2
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 015C0998
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections... (pTo = 015C0998)
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 015C0988
00000024: : PinNew: Found endpoint pin id 2
00000024: : GetNameFromCategory: USB GUID 0603 -> 'Line'
00000024: : PinNew: Checking for input endpoint pin id (3)...
00000024: : FindStartConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections...00000024: : GetConnectedPin: count=6, forward=0, muxPosition=3
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 015C09B8
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections... (pTo = 015C09B8)
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 015C09A8
00000024: : PinNew: Found endpoint pin id 4
00000024: : PinNew: Checking for input endpoint pin id (4)...
00000024: : FindStartConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections...00000024: : GetConnectedPin: count=6, forward=0, muxPosition=4
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 00000000
00000024: : PinNew: Done with inputs.
00000024: : PinNew: Setting up 2 inputs
00000024: : PinNew: Setting up input 0...
00000024: : FindStartConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections...00000024: : GetConnectedPin: count=6, forward=0, muxPosition=0
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 015C0958
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections... (pTo = 015C0958)
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 015C0948
00000024: : GetConnectedPin: count=6, forward=0, muxPosition=0
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections... (pTo = 015C0948)
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 015C0938
00000024: : PinNew: Input (0) friendly name 'Microphone'
00000024: : PinNew: Setting up input 1...
00000024: : FindStartConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections...00000024: : GetConnectedPin: count=6, forward=0, muxPosition=1
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 015C0978
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections... (pTo = 015C0978)
00000024: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 015C0968
00000024: : PinNew: Input (1) friendly name 'CD Player'
00000024: : PinNew: Releasing topology filter...
00000024: : Pin created successfully
00000024: : PinNew: Creating pin 1:
00000024: : PinNew: Not source/sink
00000024: : PinNew: Error -9996
00000024: : Filter (WaveRT) created with 1 valid pins (total I/Os: 2)
00000025: : Device 11 has render alias
00000025: : Device 11 has realtime alias
00000025: : Interface 11, Name: S
00000025: : FilterNew: Creating filter 'SoundMAX HD Audio O'
00000025: : FilterNew: Opening filter...
00000025: : DumpConnectionsAndNodes: connections=2, nodes=1
00000025: : Connection: 0 - FromNode=4294967295,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=0,ToPin=1
00000025: : Connection: 1 - FromNode=0,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=4294967295,ToPin=1
00000025: : Node: 0 - {507AE360-C554-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000025: : PinNew: Creating pin 0:
00000025: : PinNew: Checking 1 no of dataranges...
00000025: : PinNew: DR major format 73647561
00000025: : PinNew: MaxChannel: 8
00000025: : PinNew: Format PCM 16 bit supported
00000025: : PinNew: Format PCM 24 bit supported
00000025: : PinNew: Default sample rate = 44100 Hz
00000025: : Failed PinQueryNotificationSupport
00000025: : PinNew: Finding topology pin...
00000025: : FindStartConnectionTo: Checking 2 connections...00000025: : GetConnectedPin: count=1, forward=1, muxPosition=-1
00000025: : GetConnectionTo: Checking 2 connections... (pFrom = 0153E560)00000025: : GetConnectionTo: Returning 0153E570
00000025: : PinNew: Getting physical connection...
00000025: : PinNew: Physical connection found!
00000025: : PinNew: Creating topology filter '\\?\HDAUDIO#FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_989B&SUBSYS_10438372&REV_1003#4&18dbcfae&0&0001#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\RearLineOutTopo'
00000025: : FilterNew: Creating filter ''
00000025: : FilterNew: Opening filter...
00000025: : DumpConnectionsAndNodes: connections=14, nodes=10
00000025: : Connection: 0 - FromNode=4294967295,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=2,ToPin=1
00000025: : Connection: 1 - FromNode=4294967295,FromPin=2 -> ToNode=3,ToPin=1
00000025: : Connection: 2 - FromNode=3,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=4,ToPin=1
00000025: : Connection: 3 - FromNode=4,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=2,ToPin=2
00000026: : Connection: 4 - FromNode=4294967295,FromPin=3 -> ToNode=5,ToPin=1
00000026: : Connection: 5 - FromNode=5,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=6,ToPin=1
00000026: : Connection: 6 - FromNode=6,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=2,ToPin=3
00000026: : Connection: 7 - FromNode=4294967295,FromPin=4 -> ToNode=7,ToPin=1
00000026: : Connection: 8 - FromNode=7,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=8,ToPin=1
00000026: : Connection: 9 - FromNode=8,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=2,ToPin=4
00000026: : Connection: 10 - FromNode=2,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=0,ToPin=1
00000026: : Connection: 11 - FromNode=0,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=1,ToPin=1
00000026: : Connection: 12 - FromNode=1,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=9,ToPin=1
00000026: : Connection: 13 - FromNode=9,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=4294967295,ToPin=1
00000026: : Node: 0 - {3A5ACC00-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000026: : Node: 1 - {02B223C0-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000026: : Node: 2 - {DA441A60-C556-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000026: : Node: 3 - {3A5ACC00-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000026: : Node: 4 - {02B223C0-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000026: : Node: 5 - {3A5ACC00-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000026: : Node: 6 - {02B223C0-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000026: : Node: 7 - {3A5ACC00-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000026: : Node: 8 - {02B223C0-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000026: : Node: 9 - {E88C9BA0-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000026: : PinNew: Opening topology filter...00000026: : PinNew: Checking for output endpoint pin id...
00000026: : FindStartConnectionTo: Checking 14 connections...00000026: : GetConnectedPin: count=10, forward=1, muxPosition=-1
00000026: : GetConnectionTo: Checking 14 connections... (pFrom = 09D1D040)00000026: : GetConnectionTo: Returning 09D1D0E0
00000026: : GetConnectedPin: count=10, forward=1, muxPosition=-1
00000026: : GetConnectionTo: Checking 14 connections... (pFrom = 09D1D0E0)00000026: : GetConnectionTo: Returning 09D1D0F0
00000026: : GetConnectionTo: Checking 14 connections... (pFrom = 09D1D0F0)00000026: : GetConnectionTo: Returning 09D1D100
00000026: : GetConnectionTo: Checking 14 connections... (pFrom = 09D1D100)00000026: : GetConnectionTo: Returning 09D1D110
00000026: : PinNew: Found endpoint pin id 1
00000026: : GetNameFromCategory: USB GUID 0301 -> 'Speakers'
00000026: : PinNew: Pin name 'Speakers'
00000026: : PinNew: Releasing topology filter...
00000026: : Pin created successfully
00000026: : PinNew: Creating pin 1:
00000026: : PinNew: Not source/sink
00000026: : PinNew: Error -9996
00000026: : Filter (WaveRT) created with 1 valid pins (total I/Os: 1)
00000026: : Device 12 has render alias
00000026: : Device 12 has capture alias
00000026: : Interface 12, Name: U
00000027: : FilterNew: Creating filter 'USB Audio Device'
00000027: : FilterNew: Opening filter...
00000027: : DumpConnectionsAndNodes: connections=10, nodes=8
00000027: : Connection: 0 - FromNode=4294967295,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=0,ToPin=1
00000027: : Connection: 1 - FromNode=0,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=1,ToPin=1
00000027: : Connection: 2 - FromNode=1,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=2,ToPin=1
00000027: : Connection: 3 - FromNode=2,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=3,ToPin=1
00000027: : Connection: 4 - FromNode=3,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=4294967295,ToPin=2
00000027: : Connection: 5 - FromNode=4294967295,FromPin=3 -> ToNode=4,ToPin=1
00000027: : Connection: 6 - FromNode=4,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=5,ToPin=1
00000027: : Connection: 7 - FromNode=5,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=6,ToPin=1
00000027: : Connection: 8 - FromNode=6,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=7,ToPin=1
00000027: : Connection: 9 - FromNode=7,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=4294967295,ToPin=1
00000027: : Node: 0 - {9DB7B9E0-C555-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000027: : Node: 1 - {02B223C0-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000027: : Node: 2 - {3A5ACC00-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000027: : Node: 3 - {507AE360-C554-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000027: : Node: 4 - {4D837FE0-C555-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000027: : Node: 5 - {02B223C0-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000027: : Node: 6 - {3A5ACC00-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000027: : Node: 7 - {9DB7B9E0-C555-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000027: : PinNew: Creating pin 0:
00000027: : PinNew: Checking 1 no of dataranges...
00000027: : PinNew: DR major format 73647561
00000027: : PinNew: MaxChannel: 8
00000027: : PinNew: Format PCM 16 bit supported
00000027: : PinNew: Default sample rate = 44100 Hz
00000027: : PinNew: Finding topology pin...
00000027: : FindStartConnectionTo: Checking 10 connections...00000027: : GetConnectedPin: count=8, forward=1, muxPosition=-1
00000027: : GetConnectionTo: Checking 10 connections... (pFrom = 015C0A98)00000027: : GetConnectionTo: Returning 015C0AA8
00000027: : GetConnectedPin: count=8, forward=1, muxPosition=-1
00000027: : GetConnectionTo: Checking 10 connections... (pFrom = 015C0AA8)00000027: : GetConnectionTo: Returning 015C0AB8
00000027: : GetConnectionTo: Checking 10 connections... (pFrom = 015C0AB8)00000027: : GetConnectionTo: Returning 015C0AC8
00000027: : GetConnectionTo: Checking 10 connections... (pFrom = 015C0AC8)00000027: : GetConnectionTo: Returning 015C0AD8
00000027: : PinNew: Getting physical connection...
00000027: : PinNew: No physical connection! Getting the pin name
00000027: : Pin created successfully
00000027: : PinNew: Creating pin 1:
00000027: : PinNew: Checking 1 no of dataranges...
00000027: : PinNew: DR major format 73647561
00000027: : PinNew: MaxChannel: 1
00000027: : PinNew: Format PCM 16 bit supported
00000027: : PinNew: Default sample rate = 16000 Hz
00000027: : PinNew: Finding topology pin...
00000027: : FindStartConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections...00000027: : GetConnectedPin: count=8, forward=0, muxPosition=-1
00000027: : GetConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections... (pTo = 015C0B28)
00000027: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 015C0B18
00000027: : GetConnectedPin: count=8, forward=0, muxPosition=-1
00000027: : GetConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections... (pTo = 015C0B18)
00000027: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 015C0B08
00000027: : GetConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections... (pTo = 015C0B08)
00000027: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 015C0AF8
00000027: : GetConnectionFrom: Checking 10 connections... (pTo = 015C0AF8)
00000027: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 015C0AE8
00000027: : PinNew: Getting physical connection...
00000027: : PinNew: No physical connection! Getting the pin name
00000027: : Pin created successfully
00000027: : PinNew: Creating pin 2:
00000027: : PinNew: Not source/sink
00000027: : PinNew: Error -9996
00000027: : PinNew: Creating pin 3:
00000027: : PinNew: Not source/sink
00000027: : PinNew: Error -9996
00000027: : WDM:\\?\usb#vid_046d&pid_0a1f&mi_00#6&23afcb3&0&0000#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\global vendorid/productid[46d / a1f]
00000027: : Filter (WaveCyclic) created with 2 valid pins (total I/Os: 2)
00000028: : Device 13 has capture alias
00000028: : Interface 13, Name: R
00000028: : FilterNew: Creating filter 'Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter'
00000028: : FilterNew: Opening filter...
00000028: : DumpConnectionsAndNodes: connections=5, nodes=4
00000028: : Connection: 0 - FromNode=4294967295,FromPin=1 -> ToNode=0,ToPin=1
00000028: : Connection: 1 - FromNode=3,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=1,ToPin=1
00000028: : Connection: 2 - FromNode=1,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=4294967295,ToPin=0
00000028: : Connection: 3 - FromNode=0,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=2,ToPin=1
00000028: : Connection: 4 - FromNode=2,FromPin=0 -> ToNode=3,ToPin=1
00000028: : Node: 0 - {4D837FE0-C555-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000028: : Node: 1 - {9DB7B9E0-C555-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000028: : Node: 2 - {02B223C0-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000028: : Node: 3 - {3A5ACC00-C557-11D0-8A2B-00A0C9255AC1}
00000028: : PinNew: Creating pin 0:
00000028: : PinNew: Checking 1 no of dataranges...
00000028: : PinNew: DR major format 73647561
00000028: : PinNew: MaxChannel: 1
00000028: : PinNew: Format PCM 16 bit supported
00000028: : PinNew: Default sample rate = 44100 Hz
00000028: : PinNew: Finding topology pin...
00000028: : FindStartConnectionFrom: Checking 5 connections...00000028: : GetConnectedPin: count=4, forward=0, muxPosition=-1
00000028: : GetConnectionFrom: Checking 5 connections... (pTo = 01565818)
00000028: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 01565808
00000028: : GetConnectedPin: count=4, forward=0, muxPosition=-1
00000028: : GetConnectionFrom: Checking 5 connections... (pTo = 01565808)
00000028: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 01565838
00000028: : GetConnectionFrom: Checking 5 connections... (pTo = 01565838)
00000028: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 01565828
00000028: : GetConnectionFrom: Checking 5 connections... (pTo = 01565828)
00000028: : GetConnectionFrom: Returning 015657F8
00000028: : PinNew: Getting physical connection...
00000028: : PinNew: No physical connection! Getting the pin name
00000028: : Pin created successfully
00000028: : PinNew: Creating pin 1:
00000028: : PinNew: Not source/sink
00000028: : PinNew: Error -9996
00000028: : WDM:\\?\usb#vid_12ba&pid_00ff&mi_00#7&39abd16&0&0000#{6994ad04-93ef-11d0-a3cc-00a0c9223196}\global vendorid/productid[12ba / ff]
00000028: : Filter (WaveCyclic) created with 1 valid pins (total I/Os: 1)
00000028: : after paHostApiInitializers[1].
00000028: : Pa_Initialize returned:
00000028: : PaError: 0 ( Success )
00000028: : Pa_GetDefaultOutputDevice called.
00000028: : Pa_GetDefaultHostApi called.
00000028: : Pa_GetDefaultHostApi returned:
00000028: : PaError: 0 ( Success )
00000028: : Pa_GetDefaultOutputDevice returned:
00000028: : PaDeviceIndex: 0
00000028: : Pa_GetDeviceCount called.
00000028: : Pa_GetDeviceCount returned:
00000028: : PaDeviceIndex: 40
00000028: : Pa_GetDefaultOutputDeviceByHostApiIndex called.
00000028: : Pa_GetDefaultOutputDeviceByHostApiIndex returned:
00000028: : PaDeviceIndex: 32
00000028: : Selected PortAudio Device Id 32 API 1 : SPDIF Out (HD Audio digital out)
00000028: : Pa_OpenStream called:
00000028: : PaStream** stream: 0x0BC60D70
00000028: : PaStreamParameters *inputParameters: NULL
00000028: : PaStreamParameters *outputParameters: 0x0018FA74
00000028: : PaDeviceIndex outputParameters->device: 32
00000028: : int outputParameters->channelCount: 2
00000028: : PaSampleFormat outputParameters->sampleFormat: 8
00000028: : PaTime outputParameters->suggestedLatency: 0.010000
00000028: : void *outputParameters->hostApiSpecificStreamInfo: 0x00000000
00000028: : double sampleRate: 48000
00000028: : unsigned long framesPerBuffer: 256
00000028: : PaStreamFlags streamFlags: 0x0
00000028: : PaStreamCallback *streamCallback: 0x0088D2E0
00000028: : void *userData: 0x0BC60CC0
00000028: : OpenStream:sampleRate = 48000.000000
00000028: : OpenStream:framesPerBuffer = 256
00000028: : Pa_GetSampleSize called:
00000028: : PaSampleFormat format: 8
00000028: : Pa_GetSampleSize returned:
00000028: : int: 2
00000029: : Pin create result = 0x00000000
00000029: : Render pin frames: 0
00000029: : Output frames chosen:480
00000029: : Pa_GetSampleSize called:
00000029: : PaSampleFormat format: 8
00000029: : Pa_GetSampleSize returned:
00000029: : int: 2
00000029: : Pa_GetSampleSize called:
00000029: : PaSampleFormat format: 8
00000029: : Pa_GetSampleSize returned:
00000029: : int: 2
00000029: : PinGetBuffer: SubType_kNotification
00000029: : Output buffer start = 04270880, size = 3840, membarrier = 32
00000029: : BytesPerInputFrame = 0
00000029: : BytesPerOutputFrame = 4
00000029: : Pa_HostApiDeviceIndexToPaDeviceIndex called:
00000029: : PaHostApiIndex hostApi: 1
00000029: : int hostApiDeviceIndex: 0
00000029: : Pa_HostApiDeviceIndexToPaDeviceIndex returned:
00000029: : PaDeviceIndex: 32
00000029: : Pa_OpenStream returned:
00000029: : *(PaStream** stream): 0x015C7120
00000029: : PaError: 0 ( Success )
00000029: : CAkSinkPortAudio::Init - Output Sink created!
00000029: : 48000 / 16 / 2 / Excl:0
00000029: : =====================================
00000029: : pSinkVista->Init() == AK_Success
00000029: : AkCreateThread EventMgrThread 0x404 ID = 9128448
00000029: : Pa_StartStream called:
00000029: : PaStream* stream: 0x015C7120
00000029: : ************* NSoundInputMgr_Win32::SETUP mUsePortAudio 1 mUseNWin32 0 mUseWaveIn 0 mForceDirectXSink 0 mForceWDM 1
00000029: : Pa_Initialize called.
00000029: : Pa_Initialize returned:
00000029: : PaError: 0 ( Success )
00000029: : In buffer len: 0.000 ms
00000029: : Out buffer len: 20.000 ms
00000029: : Timeout = 160 ms
00000032: : PreparePinsForStart = 0
00000032: : Processing thread started!
00000032: : Pa_StartStream returned:
00000032: : PaError: 0 ( Success )
00000033: : StartPins = 0
00000143: : AK::RestoreAudioSink WMFocusCallback00003069: : Pa_Terminate called.
00003069: : Pa_Terminate returned:
00003069: : PaError: 0 ( Success )
00003069: : Pa_AbortStream called:
00003069: : PaStream* stream: 0x015C7120
00003069: : Finished processing loop
00003071: : Pa_AbortStream returned:
00003071: : PaError: 0 ( Success )
00003071: : Pa_CloseStream called:
00003071: : PaStream* stream: 0x015C7120
00003073: : Pa_CloseStream returned:
00003073: : PaError: 0 ( Success )
00003073: : Pa_Terminate called.
00003073: : TerminateHostApis in
00003073: : TerminateHostApis out
00003073: : Pa_Terminate returned:
00003073: : PaError: 0 ( Success )

bozemanmonique
10-17-2012, 03:09 AM
I bought the pc version today and loaded it to my PC. Every time I try to start the game it goes to a black screen with the logo. Then I get a message that there is a problem with the rocksmith.exe and it won't start. Can anyone tell me what is going on or where to look for what the error is?

Black_Widow9
10-17-2012, 03:50 AM
I'll throw this in here since the link for Bass-PC doesn't exist.

I have the standard problem everyone else seems to have with the USB cable suddenly becoming unrecognized. Before this happened though, I did notice a lag start to crawl into my playing. I rebooted and that was when the cable was unrecognized. It also seemed to mess up my reboot (Windows 7 x64 wouldn't restart until I unplugged the cable) and it messed up my USB wireless keyboard.
Have you tried the Troubleshooting for this at the bottom of the FAQ's page?

@riffydevine-
Also on the FAQ's page is this-

Audio Devices
While Rocksmith does support using USB speakers and headphones, we’ve noticed that some PCs need to use more conservative Rocksmith.INI values in order to keep the audio output from crackling. Several computers we’ve tested the game on have been able to use more aggressive latency settings when they use the analog audio ports than when they use USB-based audio output. The settings that needed to be increased were LatencyBuffer and MaxOutputBufferSize.

Black_Widow9
10-17-2012, 03:57 AM
I bought the pc version today and loaded it to my PC. Every time I try to start the game it goes to a black screen with the logo. Then I get a message that there is a problem with the rocksmith.exe and it won't start. Can anyone tell me what is going on or where to look for what the error is?

Can you post your spec's? It may be your resolution or video quality. If you have checked the Rocksmith PC Configuration & FAQ's page (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/716851) and you are still having issue please contact Ubisoft Support. You can follow the links in my signature.

jamshid666
10-17-2012, 04:02 AM
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned it in this thread yet considering all the other threads. When we purchase the large DLC collections, none of the songs are showing up in the game. The singles are showing up perfectly, this problem seems to only be exhibited by the collections and 3-packs.

Black_Widow9
10-17-2012, 04:11 AM
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned it in this thread yet considering all the other threads. When we purchase the large DLC collections, none of the songs are showing up in the game. The singles are showing up perfectly, this problem seems to only be exhibited by the collections and 3-packs.
I have just reported it. Please contact Ubisoft Support and let them know as well. You can follow the links in my signature.

ir2pro
10-17-2012, 04:47 AM

i noticed this as well so i reinstalled but only one song showed up from the 3 pack i bought

CENB
10-17-2012, 05:26 AM
I've got some few bugs

- Sometimes sound will glitches out with screeching noise and then the game will crash when navigating through menu too fast. Sometimes happen when you first log in to the game.
example; Rapidly scrolling through song and imediately press esc to back out or enter to choose something on the menu, I think it's because the game trying to load up the preview of song but crashed because I navigated through menu too fast while the loading are stacked until the game crashed. I also think this cause by when "Audio Exclusivity" enabled.

- Not really a bug. When "Audio Exclusivity" enabled, I can't use my microphone to do anything else like skype or steam voice chat, my way to fix this is to disable "Audio Exclusivity" but the sound quality are downgrade by the noise and buzz.

- Somebody else already mentioned that Songs from DLC like 3 songs pack doesn't appear in game, I just want to remind again.

rcole_sooner
10-17-2012, 05:35 AM
Okay, I got Rocksmith on my PC, and I got a "big" TV, for a 2nd monitor.

I cannot get Rocksmith to run fullscreen on that display.

Yes, I could make the TV be display 1, but that would present other issues.

Does anyone know if there is an ini setting for which display to use in full screen mode?

YP38
10-17-2012, 07:40 AM
I'm having graphics problems. On the screen with the couch facing away, there is a shadow across the background of the image and the shadow is on top of part of the couch. It hides the couch. On the screen with the easy chair facing the screen, the texture on the back of the chair flickers (almost like the shadows and turning on and off rapidly). Finally, while playing tonight, I played a few songs and super slider, and suddenly I was getting big blocks flickering all over the screen. It almost looked like when you tune your TV to a channel that is not broadcasting. You get that snow. This was kinda like that, but really big blocks and it wasn't entirely covering the screen. They were spaced out across the screen.

I have a GeForce GTX 570 (not overclocked) with the latest NVIDIA driver (306.96).

Any suggestions?

zarlorz
10-17-2012, 01:41 PM

Not ALL singles come in perfectly, just some of them. I've purchased the majority of DLC now and only 6 songs show up (Pearl Jam: Black, Evanesence: Bring Me to Life, The Black Keys: Gold on the Ceiling, Incubus: I Hate Everything About You, Pearl Jam: Jeremy and The Black Keys: Tighten Up). I have submitted a ticket, though,as it still seems to be an issue this morning.

Scheppart123
10-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Hello, i am playing the beta for 5 days now. and with two guitars.

i notice a video lag when i play a concert and the programm keeps crashing when i try to exit. sometimes the cable stops working. there is no guitar signal anymore. when i unplug it, rocksmith tells me to plug it back again and then it works again.

greetz

Darthtanian
10-17-2012, 10:20 PM
Pre Order content not unlocked and DLC in the store not working either. Also in amp mode when you enter the packs or gear in the store it tries to update and just says un-identified.

RiffyDivine
10-18-2012, 12:42 AM
Right since you need to take your head out of your jumper and read my problem, it's not static it won't ****ing work at all.

Have you tried the Troubleshooting for this at the bottom of the FAQ's page?

@riffydevine-
Also on the FAQ's page is this-

rcole_sooner
10-18-2012, 03:11 AM
I'm getting 2 or 3 lock ups each night.

I lost a whole event tonight.

The stability of the PC software is much worse than the xbox software.

I going to turn in a ubisoft ticket.

Edit: Done, 3 issues submitted.

1)

I am getting a lot of freezes while playing the game. The game simply stops responding to input, and has to be restarted.

2)

I have to restart (exit and reenter) the tuner and/or songs to get the guitar to register notes. This seems to come right after the tuner says the output on my guitar is too loud. If I don't get that message, I don't usually get the notes failing to register issue.

I have not had this trouble before. I've played the xbox version for about a year, and still do, with the same cable and guitars.

The issue is only present in my PC version of the game.

3)

It would be nice to be able to select which display the game is launched on. I have 2 displays, and Rocksmith always trys to run on my display 1, and I want it on display 2.

A simple entry in the ini file would be good, in the interim, but an in game selection would be ideal some day.

dpereyra
10-18-2012, 03:26 AM
I'm getting 2 or 3 lock ups each night.

I lost a whole event tonight.

The stability of the PC software is much worse than the xbox software.

I going to turn in a ubisoft ticket.

Edit: Done, 3 issues submitted.

1)

I am getting a lot of freezes while playing the game. The game simply stops responding to input, and has to be restarted.

2)

I have to restart (exit and reenter) the tuner and/or songs to get the guitar to register notes. This seems to come right after the tuner says the output on my guitar is too loud. If I don't get that message, I don't usually get the notes failing to register issue.

I have not had this trouble before. I've played the xbox version for about a year, and still do, with the same cable and guitars.

The issue is only present in my PC version of the game.

3)

It would be nice to be able to select which display the game is launched on. I have 2 displays, and Rocksmith always trys to run on my display 1, and I want it on display 2.

A simple entry in the ini file would be good, in the interim, but an in game selection would be ideal some day.

+1

I also have many crashes and sometimes the game stops responding the cable.. I thought it was something in my notebook..

hayiggie
10-18-2012, 03:48 AM
i just got the pc game this last tues. i installed the game and got ready to play. i got the tone cable diconected message. i tryed the cable on several usb's. every one had the same message. tryed each usb with a flash drive and they all worked. tryed with a different guitar, same result. tryed restarting my computer and doing every thing over again. played both guitars on an amp, and they both played fine. took my tone cable to a freinds house who owns the 360 game and it work on his 360. my computer also meats all system requrments. so it must be a soft ware issue? can any one help?

CMoore2004
10-18-2012, 04:05 AM
i just got the pc game this last tues. i installed the game and got ready to play. i got the tone cable diconected message. i tryed the cable on several usb's. every one had the same message. tryed each usb with a flash drive and they all worked. tryed with a different guitar, same result. tryed restarting my computer and doing every thing over again. played both guitars on an amp, and they both played fine. took my tone cable to a freinds house who owns the 360 game and it work on his 360. my computer also meats all system requrments. so it must be a soft ware issue? can any one help?

Can you go to device manager and see if it's installing the drivers properly? Look for anything with a red or yellow mark next to it which will be an obvious problem. If you don't see anything with a problem, expand Sound, video and game controllers and see if "Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter" is listed.

LumensAquilae
10-18-2012, 05:59 AM
Accessing the DLC store through the guitar selection screen brings up the Steam DLC store on top of what used to be the in-game console store with a bunch of null text. See: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=103273384

CMoore2004
10-19-2012, 02:07 AM
So, I put in a support ticket todays ago to Ubisoft about my DLC not working. I also didn't get any of the preorder material. I haven't heard back in two days on the ticket. Not complaining, I'm just hoping Ubisoft doesn't think their last little "fix" solved all of the problems with DLC.

rcole_sooner
10-19-2012, 05:34 AM
I forced my Windows 7 to do an update check, and it found a new Nvidia graphics driver, and I installed that.

After that and a reboot, I have not had anymore freezes, in about 2 hours of playing.

We'll see after a cold boot tomorrow. My fingers are crossed.

tomes7711
10-19-2012, 12:10 PM
Hi Guys,
yesterday i try first time the game, but i have a problem while soundcheck.
The first steps with guitar tuning running without any Problems, the next step with playing A-string (yellow) on 2. thread is also ok.
But in next step playing blank A-String, the program does not recognize it.. i try every thing.. all other strings, tune lightly up and down .. nothing happens.
May be this is a bug in this version. Any ideas?
German version, downloaded at 18.10.2012 on steam.
Thanks,
Tomes

RingoStar23
10-19-2012, 09:51 PM
For problems getting the Rocksmith cable to be recognized on PC try this and tell me if it works. I figure that the Rocksmith Real Tone cable needs extra juice (electric power) in order to be able to run properly. Try plugging it into a powered USB port hub instead of plugging it directly into the computer. A powered USB port hub is a USB hub that has a wall-wart (transformer) that plugs into the wall for extra power. Hey, it works with external hard drives and external DVD drives that need more power! Maybe it will work for this. Anyway having that extra boost of power couldn't hurt. Let me know what you find. Thanks.
P.S. I am going to post this in several spots (in this forum) where people are talking about RS cables not being recognized. Thanks again!

mtech_uk
10-19-2012, 10:43 PM
Received my retail copy for PC today, also can’t get mine to run either.
Just get a blank white screen.
Task manager reports Rocksmith not responding.
Steam reported x minutes in game.

Window XP
nvidia 8600GT Latest drivers etc

P.S I've just checked out the set up thread and it states that "Windows XP is not supported by Rocksmith at this time. However, you may have good luck with it."

Every where I've looked to buy this game states available for vista win 7 and XP

Anyone with XP got this running?

luckyrod
10-20-2012, 01:20 AM
After the last update I lost all my scores and progress in all songs too. It's like if I had a new profile, except that I am level 8 now.

Other than that, the game has been crashing every other time that I start it

zh26
10-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Received my retail copy for PC today, also can’t get mine to run either.
Just get a blank white screen.
Task manager reports Rocksmith not responding.
Steam reported x minutes in game.

Window XP
nvidia 8600GT Latest drivers etc

P.S I've just checked out the set up thread and it states that "Windows XP is not supported by Rocksmith at this time. However, you may have good luck with it."

Every where I've looked to buy this game states available for vista win 7 and XP

Anyone with XP got this running?

I have this running on XP 32-bit, whats your processor?

mtech_uk
10-20-2012, 09:59 AM

AMD 64 x 2 Dual Core 6000+ MM 3DNow 3013Mhz x 2

2gb ram

Windows XP Home 32 bit Ver 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3, all the latest updates.

2 x Fatality 8600GT Gfx Cards, SLI enabled. Tried enabled and single gfx card.

DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904) All diagnostic tests passed.

Just checked windows error reporting:
19/10/2012 20:54 Application Hang Hanging application Rocksmith.exe, version 0.0.0.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address
0x00000000.

This comes up every time I try to launch rocksmith.

Just tried to run Rocksmith this morning, steam came up with updating rocksmith. Still have the same white screen and rocksmith not responding.

Clash90
10-20-2012, 10:54 AM
I've problem with my pc version.. every time i try to play a note, it crash to desktop.
I'm playng (i'm trying..) on i5 win7 64 with gt540m and all drivers are update, i've tried with all guide in this forum but don't work for me. I know that some chipsets are not supported but i've read of people that can play with this specs.
Anyone have same problem or a solution?

MassiveTurd
10-20-2012, 04:52 PM
OK this may be technical issues more than anything else. I have a top gaming pc so not pc issue.

I am getting lagg bad lagg 1/4 second/ I am using headphones and not my 5.1 surround system. I plya chilli peppers and jamaraqui covers in real life so bass skills are up there. How ever I cannot get above 60% on the mos tbasic 3 note rolling stones song due to the lagg, every note says late and so it goes on.. its a constant battle, having to play in time correctly, but out of time for the game..

Goingto amp and doing some slap bass is hilarious its like a delay pedal.

Can anyone help??

Exc0cet
10-20-2012, 08:43 PM
I've problem with my pc version.. every time i try to play a note, it crash to desktop.
I'm playng (i'm trying..) on i5 win7 64 with gt540m and all drivers are update, i've tried with all guide in this forum but don't work for me. I know that some chipsets are not supported but i've read of people that can play with this specs.
Anyone have same problem or a solution?

Me too, just got the game delivered yesterday and it just gets as far as final tuning of the bass then crashes........I have win 7 32 bit 4GB Ram and nvidia geforce 8400gs card I have tried updated drivers rolled them back to earliest drivers , this either has not been tested properly or the hardware cable is incompatable , it is the only game i have pre ordered this year and to say I am disappointed is understatement..

zh26
10-21-2012, 12:50 PM

2gb ram

19/10/2012 20:54 Application Hang Hanging application Rocksmith.exe, version 0.0.0.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address
0x00000000.

Just tried to run Rocksmith this morning, steam came up with updating rocksmith. Still have the same white screen and rocksmith not responding.

Have you tried Verifying the Game Cache?
Also do you know if you have the Microsoft .NET frameworks installed? Preferably 3.5 or 4. And Microsoft C++ redistributable packages?

mtech_uk
10-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Hi zh26 thanks for the reply,

Have you tried Verifying the Game Cache?
Also do you know if you have the Microsoft .NET frameworks installed? Preferably 3.5 or 4. And Microsoft C++ redistributable packages?

Yes verified game cache.

Also have these installed:-

Microsoft .NET Framework 4
Microsoft C++ is included in the rocksmith disk rocksmith\resources vcredist_x86.exe and is installed.

Riwerv1
10-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Impossible to start in Windows 8 Pro 64.

Crash on startup. (with only one device for speakers and rocksmith cable for microphone, all in 48k 16bit).

And my system meet the requirements. (i7 2700k and GTX 660 TI)

Stormx360
10-21-2012, 02:58 PM
Has anyone tried lowering the res?

I have a very odd issue

The game will launch in 1080p with sound if I place my computer in 1080i.

If I have it in 1080p it will launch with no audio and stuck in 720p

Mauadib1
10-21-2012, 05:59 PM
I have updated all my drivers and still cannot get sound out of my razor megalon USB headset. I am in the military and it was my intent to utilize this program for my pc to teach me how to play at my leisure but not have to disturb my fellow comrades sleeping. the USB is recognised as well as my headset so i am at a bit of a loss here. I have not attemped to hook up PC speakers to see if it comes out of the sound card yet, but if this is my only choice i will lose massive sound quality by going anolog stereo. can someone help pls

CMoore2004
10-21-2012, 08:23 PM
I have updated all my drivers and still cannot get sound out of my razor megalon USB headset. I am in the military and it was my intent to utilize this program for my pc to teach me how to play at my leisure but not have to disturb my fellow comrades sleeping. the USB is recognised as well as my headset so i am at a bit of a loss here. I have not attemped to hook up PC speakers to see if it comes out of the sound card yet, but if this is my only choice i will lose massive sound quality by going anolog stereo. can someone help pls

Did you set your headset as the default audio device in the sound configuration? (Control Panel, Hardware&Sound, Manage Audio Devices)

Black_Widow9
10-22-2012, 05:16 AM

2gb ram

0x00000000.

Impossible to start in Windows 8 Pro 64.

Crash on startup. (with only one device for speakers and rocksmith cable for microphone, all in 48k 16bit).

And my system meet the requirements. (i7 2700k and GTX 660 TI)
The system requirements say Rocksmith is playable on Windows Vista or 7 so I suspect this is why you are all having issues. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/716851-Rocksmith-PC-Configuration-and-FAQ-s
Rocksmith Minimum Specs
Rocksmith is built to run well on a majority of PCs released in the last 2-3 years. Our minimum PC specification is:

Intel Core2Duo E4400 @ 2.00 Ghz or AMD Athlon64 3800+ @ 2.0 Ghz
2 GB
256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT or AMD Radeon HD 2600XT video card
USB 2.0
Windows Vista or Windows 7
Our recommended PC specification is:

Intel Core2Duo E6750 @ 2.6GHz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ @ 3.0GHz
4 GB Memory
512MB NVIDIA GeForce 200-series or AMD Radeon HD 3000-series video card
USB 2.0
Windows Vista or Windows 7
Our PC specifications are intended as rough guideline, and are based on mainstream desktop PCs using these specifications. Very often laptop or budget PC manufacturers may carry the same specifications but won’t have nearly as good performance, so your experience running Rocksmith on a laptop or budget PC may be less than optimal.

This is also in the FAQ's. ;) http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/716851-Rocksmith-PC-Configuration-and-FAQ-s
Audio Devices
While Rocksmith does support using USB speakers and headphones, we’ve noticed that some PCs need to use more conservative Rocksmith.INI values in order to keep the audio output from crackling. Several computers we’ve tested the game on have been able to use more aggressive latency settings when they use the analog audio ports than when they use USB-based audio output. The settings that needed to be increased were LatencyBuffer and MaxOutputBufferSize.

mtech_uk
10-22-2012, 10:01 AM
The system requirements say Rocksmith is playable on Windows Vista or 7 so I suspect this is why you are all having issues.

Problem is Black Widow the world and his wife say in their write ups for the sale of this game, that Rocksmith is for the platforms "Windows 7 / Vista / XP "

So now because of this misinformation I’m stuck with software that requires me to upgrade to vista or win 7 at considerable expense, both of which will be obsolete in no time because of the pending Win 8 release or just write off the Ģ34.99 I paid for Rocksmith.

Further more it makes absolutely no sense to me that Ubisoft would limit the use of this software to just two PC operating systems.
I’ve played online games for the past 10+ years and 95% of my worldwide friends are still using XP.

This whole release has been a disaster from the start not just for Ubisoft for but people like me with an XP OS.

AndeeWeir
10-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Just wanted to mention that I was getting the Rocksmith black screen followed by 'rocksmith.exe has stopped working' bug. Fixed it by disabling Audials Sound Capturing in my Device Manager. So Audials One & Rocksmith are not compatible.

Hopefully might help someone else.

rurbaniak
10-22-2012, 04:02 PM
Problem is Black Widow the world and his wife say in their write ups for the sale of this game, that Rocksmith is for the platforms "Windows 7 / Vista / XP "

So now because of this misinformation I’m stuck with software that requires me to upgrade to vista or win 7 at considerable expense, both of which will be obsolete in no time because of the pending Win 8 release or just write off the Ģ34.99 I paid for Rocksmith.

Further more it makes absolutely no sense to me that Ubisoft would limit the use of this software to just two PC operating systems.
I’ve played online games for the past 10+ years and 95% of my worldwide friends are still using XP.

This whole release has been a disaster from the start not just for Ubisoft for but people like me with an XP OS.

Not to stir the fire, but XP was released in 2001. With Windows 8 coming out, it's going to be 3 OS's since XP came out. I understand not jumping to Vista, or Windows 7 right away, I just upgraded to Windows 7 within the last 6 months myself from Windows XP. XP was solid, and there wasn't a real reason for me to change, but utilizing Windows 7 64 bit with exceeding the 4gb limit of a 32 bit OS like XP, it a real bonus. Yea, I know XP had 64 bit as well, but it doesn't work as well as Windows 7 64 bit.

All that being said, the price of building a new computer now a days, its real reasonable. My old Athlon 64 X2 system died 2 weeks ago, and I built a new system with case, power supply I5 Quad core cpu, 8 gigs of ram, an SSD boot drive, and dvd rom for under $500.

fotn77
10-22-2012, 06:05 PM
Just wanted to mention that I was getting the Rocksmith black screen followed by 'rocksmith.exe has stopped working' bug. Fixed it by disabling Audials Sound Capturing in my Device Manager. So Audials One & Rocksmith are not compatible.

I just registered here to say THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

but does anyone know why I can't really skip the videos? they are crashing and preventing me from getting to the title screen. VERY buggy this game!

rcole_sooner
10-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Double check all you video and audio drivers.

fotn77
10-22-2012, 07:23 PM
demo runs fine!

fotn77
10-22-2012, 07:35 PM
copied the rocksmith.ini from the DEMO to the full version! now it works! man, that is not MY job, it is the developer's job to make sure the games runs fine in standard settings. that's why I paid 50 bucks! now I had to find out and reconfigure that silly program all night. fun anyone?
maybe tomorrow :(

GAPendragon
10-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Hi Guys,
yesterday i try first time the game, but i have a problem while soundcheck.
The first steps with guitar tuning running without any Problems, the next step with playing A-string (yellow) on 2. thread is also ok.
But in next step playing blank A-String, the program does not recognize it.. i try every thing.. all other strings, tune lightly up and down .. nothing happens.
May be this is a bug in this version. Any ideas?
German version, downloaded at 18.10.2012 on steam.
Thanks,
Tomes

I have this problem too, except with the E string on my bass. It will display a 0 and a white timer thing turning in the circles. But nothing happens after that, even if the timer turns around completely and flashes. Sometimes it changes to 50+ in the last second or so, and if I listen very carefully I can hear the note playing an octave above behind the louder, lower note on those occasions. I do not get this higher note either through my amplifier or un-amplified. My intonation is fine. The bass has only been set up very recently, but I checked it just in case and tried a second bass too. All of the other strings are being muted. Mine isn't a download - I bought the disc for PC. And I'm in the UK and using Vista if that makes any difference at all.

rcole_sooner
10-22-2012, 08:28 PM
That sounds normal while tuning the bass. Just keep lightly plucking the string while you tune it. It takes patience, but it works.

I don't know about the octave thing, but tuning can produce some strange sound effects.

isenhart17
10-22-2012, 09:20 PM
mISSING 3 DOORS DOWN DLC. I bought them they arent in my game.....

GAPendragon
10-24-2012, 09:01 PM
That sounds normal while tuning the bass. Just keep lightly plucking the string while you tune it. It takes patience, but it works.

I don't know about the octave thing, but tuning can produce some strange sound effects.

Ah thankyou. :D It works now. I was plucking the string quite slowly, and also a little harder because it recommended a pick and I didn't have one to hand.

Ministry312
10-27-2012, 05:14 PM
I can't save my game. I tried my friends full version and the demo, neither could store my profile. I create the profile and play normally, but when I exit the game and come back, the profile isn't there anymore.

Can anybody help me?

LojZza
10-27-2012, 05:55 PM
So, I too have problem. In demo version, basically, I can start the game, do soundcheck and tune in with no problems, but when I started my 1st song, as soon as I hit the correct note the game crashes (the generic "rocksmith has stopped working" error). Its weird, because I can play any other note, but as soon as the game recognizes the correct note it goes down... Occasionally it crashes even before the song, when you just pick the strings to see if they are tuned.

I dont think it is a compatibility issue, as I can pretty much play the guitar in the game during the loading, and hear it with no problem.

I have tried to disable other audio devices and messing with the settings. It is too bad, because I was really looking forward for this game. :( Any ideas?

JamesNorcross
10-28-2012, 08:18 AM
In an event, I tune up, play first song no problem second song starts & I can hear the bass but no points registering, pause game, pull cable out - nothing, game doesn't recognize cable has been removed. Exit game, start again...... same problem..

TuxBobble
10-30-2012, 12:18 AM
The game no longer starts up from Steam.

I played the game for 3 or 4 hours last Wednesday, but when I tried to play again today, Steam said Preparing to launch Rocksmith...and then the message went away. Usually after this type of message, the game launches. However, in this case, with no error message, nothing occurs. My Steam Friends list shows me as playing Rocksmith momentarily, and then reverts to saying I'm "online".

Please get this fixed as I can't play the game I just shelled out quite a bit of money for.

eatpoliticans
10-30-2012, 06:42 AM
I've been playing rocksmith and noticed that I'm rocking far too hard...must be a bug.

jk - actually I have had the game crash when I close it. Doesn't effect gameplay and it doesn't do it everytime I quit, but does it probably every other time...

rcole_sooner
10-30-2012, 02:45 PM
I've been playing rocksmith and noticed that I'm rocking far too hard...must be a bug.

LOL! Ya, this is a known bug, and there does not seem to be a fix for it. :D

FruitCakeRonin
10-30-2012, 08:21 PM
I have two things to report.

1. I am having some trouble getting notes to register in Scale Runner. There doesn't seem to be a problem in any other game mode, just in that particular one. Many a time when I play the right note, the sound is played, but it isn't registered, so the runner falls off the track. Very annoying.

2. Not sure if this is a bug, but in Combo 1 of Mean *****, when nearing 100% mastery, the notes suddenly speed up to an insane speed. They are flying off the screen so fast that I'm having trouble seeing what they are before they're gone. This is the only song in which I have experienced such huge speed ups.

luckyrod
10-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Yesterday I started having a problem playing bass events. I'm level 8 and I am stuck in an event because every time I try to play it, RS stops detecting my bass between songs. I can hear the bass as normal, but the game just stops detecting the notes I'm playing. I then leave the game and come back and it starts detecting the bass again, until I reach the same part of the event and the problem happens again.

Initially the event had 4 songs:
- Song 2
- I Got Mine
- Are You Gonna Go My Way
- Burnished

I tried to play 3 times, and every time the detection stopped working in Burnished:

Then I edited the list and removed Song 2
- I Got Mine
- Burnished

now the problem is happening every time again when I start "Are you..."

luckyrod
10-30-2012, 08:35 PM
I just bought Avenged Sevenfold pack on Steam and it's not downloading, when I check the list of DLCs instead of showing the pack and individual songs, the only thing it shows is:

ValveTestApp206177

luckyrod
10-30-2012, 09:06 PM

1. I am having some trouble getting notes to register in Scale Runner. There doesn't seem to be a problem in any other game mode, just in that particular one. Many a time when I play the right note, the sound is played, but it isn't registered, so the runner falls off the track. Very annoying.

2. Not sure if this is a bug, but in Combo 1 of Mean *****, when nearing 100% mastery, the notes suddenly speed up to an insane speed. They are flying off the screen so fast that I'm having trouble seeing what they are before they're gone. This is the only song in which I have experienced such huge speed ups.

2 is not a bug. The game accelerates to reduce the number of notes on the screen to make it easier to see the notes. At first it seems harder, but as you get used to the new speed you'll notice that there's more space between notes which makes it much easier to figure out in what sequence you should play them.

isenhart17
10-30-2012, 10:29 PM
avanged seven fold not showing up
whats up it happened with many dlcs within the last 2 week,s would like to have an answer on what is the problem

luckyrod
10-30-2012, 10:36 PM
avanged seven fold not showing up
whats up it happened with many dlcs within the last 2 week,s would like to have an answer on what is the problem

Yeah, it's exactly the same problem that we had with all packs before, I just added here to make sure they know it's happening again. It would be nice if Steam started selling those packs only after they are working. Or if it's a normal behaviour that they take some time to be refreshed, to have some kind of notice on Steam saying that, so that we know that if we buy them close to the release date, we will have to wait to be able to play.

luckyrod
10-31-2012, 01:55 AM
This worked fine today. I didn't change anything that I know. The only different thing that I did before I started playing is to use the tuner in the menu with my bass volume around 50%

Yesterday I started having a problem playing bass events. I'm level 8 and I am stuck in an event because every time I try to play it, RS stops detecting my bass between songs. I can hear the bass as normal, but the game just stops detecting the notes I'm playing. I then leave the game and come back and it starts detecting the bass again, until I reach the same part of the event and the problem happens again.

Initially the event had 4 songs:
- Song 2
- I Got Mine
- Burnished

I tried to play 3 times, and every time the detection stopped working in Burnished:

Then I edited the list and removed Song 2
- I Got Mine
- Burnished

now the problem is happening every time again when I start "Are you..."

luckyrod
10-31-2012, 01:56 AM
This is fixed now

I just bought Avenged Sevenfold pack on Steam and it's not downloading, when I check the list of DLCs instead of showing the pack and individual songs, the only thing it shows is:

ValveTestApp206177

fraxyl
10-31-2012, 12:13 PM
I'm having the same problem with Scale Runner, only it's also freezing or glitching slightly when I play the right notes.

TheDitherer
11-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Hi All

As other people may have reported, this game has lots of lag when used with an Asus Xonar D2X card. I removed the card in 'Device Manager', installed drivers for my 'board's sound (Realtek alc889), connected it to the Z5500 speaker system with an optical cable and the lag all but disappeared. I was able to decrease the buffer to minimum without crackling, which the D2X couldn't handle. If the soundcard's only handling output, how come this happens?

I'd appreciate a list of known compatible/incompatible soundcards so that I can get sound as good as the D2X's and still play this game (which I'm really enjoying now!).

D_Lundin
11-01-2012, 12:18 PM
The game mostly works fine, but seemingly at random it will stop recognizing anything and I have to unplug and plug the Real Tone cable back in. Very annoying. I can hear my guitar all the time but the game just won't hear a single note. I believe I've seen others with this issue, any patches on the way?

rcole_sooner
11-01-2012, 03:02 PM
I have the same problem with the Real Tone cable, having to be replugged to get note detection back.

It seems worse on the bass. It seems worse during bass events. It seems to happen when songs (and thus effects?) change.

It kinda sucks, in an event, to hammer through the first bar or so of a song, and realize RS is not hearing your notes. I hit pause, replug the cable, unpause, and everything works, but those points for the notes RS missed, are gone.

D_Lundin
11-01-2012, 04:19 PM
It kinda sucks, in an event, to hammer through the first bar or so of a song, and realize RS is hearing your notes. I hit pause, replug the cable, unpause, and everything works, but those points for the notes RS missed, are gone.
Exactly, it's not dealbreaking, but very annoying. I have had it happen during a song too though, cannot remember which one but I missed the entire outro (quite a big section) due to this (and me not realizing the game was at fault at first, and not me).

Kullimarsu
11-01-2012, 05:48 PM
So, I was about to play today, plugged in my guitar and started up the game - stuck on the guitar tuning. I've been playing for 7 hours before, so this is nothing new, but now, it won't recognize the guitar tune no matter what I do. I haven't changed any settings or anything, it just stopped working. Windows finds the guitar alright, so it's not that. I've tried different USB ports and whatnot, but to no avail. And I've turned both volume knobs to max on the guitar, but still nothing.

Any ideas?

Running Win 7 64bit, Phenom X4, Radeon HD6970, 4GB RAM.

cevune
11-01-2012, 07:16 PM
I'm not 100% certain this is the right section, since this problem exists between both guitar and bass gameplay, but since I didn't see a general PC issue thread, I'll post here anyway. First off, I'm playing on windows 7 64-bit, with the game purchased and run via steam. I've been playing for several (~17 hours) already, so the problem is pretty new. While in game, my esc key isn't registering. I've managed to root out keyboard damage as a possibility by testing ctrl+shift+esc, ctrl+esc, alt+esc, etc. functions, and they all work fine. the only thing esc seems to not register in is rocksmith, which can be pretty annoying since I've now lost the ability to pause, quit, restart, or alter options in the middle of a song, not to mention the pain navigating menus has become. I've gone so far as to uninstall and reinstall the game with no results. Everything else works fine (arrow key/space/enter functionality in game, my instrument is picked up properly, the only thing not working is the escape key and only in rocksmith). Any idea what might be going on?

Running Win 7 64 bit, AMD Phenom II x4 810, Nvidia Geforce GTX580, 8GB RAM

zarlorz
11-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Exactly, it's not dealbreaking, but very annoying. I have had it happen during a song too though, cannot remember which one but I missed the entire outro (quite a big section) due to this (and me not realizing the game was at fault at first, and not me).Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but if you contact tech support they seem to have found a fix for this. If you go into Device Manager and open up the Universal Serial Bus Controllers section you can right-click on all of your USB Root Hub entries and go to Properties. Then go to the Power Management tab and UNclick the option for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Apparently the USB Root Hubs don't recognize the RealTone cable as being active and just powers off the port on you.

rcole_sooner
11-02-2012, 03:56 PM
^That^ is good to know. I will try it. :D

D_Lundin
11-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but if you contact tech support they seem to have found a fix for this. If you go into Device Manager and open up the Universal Serial Bus Controllers section you can right-click on all of your USB Root Hub entries and go to Properties. Then go to the Power Management tab and UNclick the option for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Apparently the USB Root Hubs don't recognize the RealTone cable as being active and just powers off the port on you.
Unfortunately being a computer geek, I've already done that, and it's happened after I did it.

I'll double check tonight just to be sure...

rcole_sooner
11-02-2012, 06:30 PM
I've thought more about the "power management" thing, and have my doubts.

I can still hear my guitar. The PC is listening to the device, and I guess even RS is outputting the bass guitar sound. RS is just not registering detected notes in the tuner or the song.

The funny thing is, when this happens, it will work in the precision tuner, but not when I get back to the quick tuner check.

Or if it is just straight into the next song, in an event, without the tuner, I can't do anything expect pause and replug the cable.

But the whole time, I can still hear my bass guitar playing from RS.

zarlorz
11-02-2012, 11:14 PM
You may be right. It seemed to be working fine, but I just did a 7 song set and EVERY song after about the 4th or 5th (including the 2 Encores I got) all started with no notes being recognized. Actually after the 3rd song it happened on I decided that as soon as the next song popped onto the screen I just unplugged the RS cable, waited for the "Resume" screen, plugged it back in and then I was able to keep playing. So I'll reopen the ticket I had on that one. *sigh*

luckyrod
11-03-2012, 12:05 AM
I noticed that the game stops detecting the notes played on my bass very often when it's changing tuning between songs. If that's the case I can switch to emulated bass and back and it fixes the problem.

Many times the game stops detecting the guitar even if I can still hear it. When it's the first event song or practice it's an easy fix, I just restart the event/practice, otherwise I really need to reconnect the cable.

s2046
11-03-2012, 02:25 AM
I've had the same issue with the RealTone cable, where the guitar sound would still be heard, but the game wouldn't recognise the notes. It happened once mid-song when switching effects. Hasn't happened in a little while now though.

I'm not sure if it was connected or not, or whether the timing coincided. I do remember though noticing that in my Windows Audio setting, at some point the cable had set itself down to 44,000kHz again, and I had to switch it back to 48kHz.

Another thing I did, was move it to a different USB slot which isn't on the same bus as other devices.

DSgamer64
11-03-2012, 02:41 AM
I am sure it has been reported already but I have had a number of occasions where the game stops responding to my playing at the start of songs. I am not sure if this is a driver related issue or an issue related to the game itself. Kinda annoying, but I think I have only had it happen 4 or 5 times in the 17 hours of play time I have put into the game.

TuxBobble
11-04-2012, 04:02 AM
Still have yet to hear back from either Ubisoft OR Steam about the fact that I'm completely unable to launch the game...having followed all the FAQ suggestions, I'd like to get some sort of response, even a "We're looking into it", but so far, absolutely nothing.

Wonderful.

rcole_sooner
11-04-2012, 05:29 AM
What OS?

Have you updated your drivers, both graphical and audio?

Where is it failing to launch?

Did you send them a dxdiag output, when you sent your ticket?

Gassolini
11-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Major gameplay technical issue:

After a bit of an ordeal getting the audio to work optimally (including a full reinstall to get the sound back after it just stopped working...), I'm having fun, but also some reservations.

The biggest drawback is that there is no ASIO support, and that is just not good enough for a real time audio application. The result is that latency is rampant. I've been through all information provided on this forum and in the pdf manuals and tried all relevant suggestions - all very basic, and with no magical solutions.

With my MOTU Ultralite and 828 firewire interfaces and their non-ASIO drivers, I could get down to LatencyBuffer=2 and MaxOutputBufferSize=512 which was unplayable. I ended up using the motherboard audio, a Realtek ALC 892, which let me get down to LatencyBuffer=1 and MaxOutputBufferSize=160. With this solution I have 52ms of latency and crap sound quality. BTW, I measure latency properly, so the 52ms is from the string on my guitar moves to the cones in my speakers move. This is about 20-30ms more than I can handle.

Using the "audiodump" logging feature, I can see that Rocksmith PC uses Portaudio for input and output, and it selects the WASAPI driver:
00000130: : WASAPI::OpenStream(output): framesPerUser[ 256 ] framesPerHost[ 160 ] latency[ 3.33ms ] exclusive[ YES ] wow64_fix[ NO ] mode[ POLL ]
00009883: : WASAPI::OpenStream(input): framesPerUser[ 256 ] framesPerHost[ 1152 ] latency[ 24.00ms ] exclusive[ YES ] wow64_fix[ NO ] mode[ POLL ]
From this you would think I could have around 30ms latency (including CODECs), which would be just inside my tolerance, but there seems to be another 1024 samples or so being buffered somewhere, quite possibly in the non-ASIO device drivers for the motherboard CODEC.

It's also revealing that the Real Tone cable seems to use a large (non adjustable?) buffer and introduces lots of latency already there. Can someone from Ubisoft shine a light on that? Perhaps we could get another option in the rocksmith.ini file to set input buffer size?

In conclusion, the game is unplayable with all my audio interfaces. The same goes for many other users who report game breaking latency. My system specs (capable of only a few ms of latency, i.e. not perceptible):
CPU: i7-2700K | RAM: 16GB | MB: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 | GPU: Gigabyte HD 7970 Windforce OC | Audio: MOTU Ultralite mk3 | OS: Windows 7 64bit (I have the latest drivers for everything).

This issue would likely be resolved (to the extent possible) by using ASIO drivers if available. It could be a selection in the rocksmith.ini file, but ideally rocksmith should just pick ASIO if available. Adding this and releasing a patch will only take a few hours for the developers and could well transform the game for large number of your customers from unplayable to huge fun.

D_Lundin
11-04-2012, 10:49 PM
While I don't have a problem with the latency, it wouldn't hurt at all. Even people without "real" soundcards (I have one with proper ASIO drivers too) could get great results with ASIO4ALL.

TuxBobble
11-05-2012, 02:35 PM
FYI, to my "it doesn't launch (with no error) problem", I found an old solution Steam support gave me for a completely different problem--it basically involves wiping the Steam directory (except the SteamApps folder and Steam.exe), restarting my computer, and launching Steam directly from the .exe (with no shortcut parameters).

For whatever reason, it worked. Don't know how something got corrupted. But maybe that will help someone else in the future.

D_Lundin
11-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Maybe do a full checkup of your drive, to make sure the corrupted files isn't part of a breakdown coming up soon.

This is a good tool (works on any drive): http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?groupid=606&sid=3

Run a quick smart test and the extended one if the quick one passes. You shouldn't get any errors if the drive is healthy.

pjacyna
11-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Hello,
I've upgraded from W7 to W8 and problems begin. After playing few notes game crashes with info"rocksmith.exe stopped working". I've tried compatibility modes with no results. Ubisoft answered for my question:"W8 not recommended as minimum requirements". Has anybody had the same problem?

D_Lundin
11-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Unfortunately that's what you can expect right now, few games are supported on Windows 8 out of the box.

I'd reinstall Windows 7 (dual boot so you can keep Windows 8 too) and have it as a backup for games that'll give you trouble. In the long run I'm pretty sure all modern stuff will be patched for Win8, but this close after release you can expect some trouble.

luigibr
11-07-2012, 12:21 AM
I got an issue here. I believe my PC meets the recomended settings, but still I am having low FPS issues. If I am playing in the Rehearse mode I get good FPS and no lag, but in the perform it gets umplayable. Sometime the notes start going forward as it should, but then it go backwards. That is really annoying. Anyone having these issues?

My Specs

C2D T9800 OC 3.2GHZ
4GB RAM
HD4650 Mobility 512mb.

rcole_sooner
11-07-2012, 01:45 AM
Yeah, the bigger the venues get, the more video hardware that is needed.

You can try to turn the resolution settings down on the game.

luisaoki
11-07-2012, 02:40 AM
I'm having trouble with the scale runner too.
There are some notes that don't get registered.

Please, if you guys can do something...
The scale runner is one of the best minigames!

Thanks

D_Lundin
11-07-2012, 10:43 AM
I got an issue here. I believe my PC meets the recomended settings, but still I am having low FPS issues. If I am playing in the Rehearse mode I get good FPS and no lag, but in the perform it gets umplayable. Sometime the notes start going forward as it should, but then it go backwards. That is really annoying. Anyone having these issues?

My Specs

C2D T9800 OC 3.2GHZ
4GB RAM
HD4650 Mobility 512mb.

Should be enough, but you may need to turn down your graphics settings. I'd try lowering "Quality" first, and then if that doesn't work try a lower resolution like rcole_sooner suggested. Also, like always, make sure to download the latest drivers (not from the laptop manufacturer, but from AMD!).

bonessia110
11-07-2012, 06:37 PM
I bought my Rocksmith yesterday for PC, but I literally hear no sound at all if I play with my headset logitech g930.

If I change headset it works perfectly fine, and also I can hear everything else from the pc with the g930 just not the game, making it unplayable unless I plug in a different kind of headset or earphones...Quite ridiculous

Any help someone could provide?

cthauber
11-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Lower resolution would be the first thing I would look suggest, then reduce graphic detail after that.
My laptop is running a Core i5 @ 3.1Ghz, 6GB RAM and an ATI HD7450m w/1GB, and if I have the resolution any higher than 1280x720, it gets quite stuttery in the events (rehearsal is fine). At 1280x720, only the biggest events start to show any sign of stuttering (but not enough to be unplayable).

It is basically the 'crowd' that affects it the most.

Kullimarsu
11-12-2012, 06:01 PM
So, any updates on the issue with Rocksmith stopping to recognize input? HUGE annoyance, even if it's just to pause the game and unplug, then replug the real tone cable.

D_Lundin
11-12-2012, 08:07 PM
So, any updates on the issue with Rocksmith stopping to recognize input? HUGE annoyance, even if it's just to pause the game and unplug, then replug the real tone cable.
I'm not sure if there's any channel for that kind of info from Ubisoft to be honest, we'll probably know if/when they release a patch... And yes it's #%#" annoying that's for sure, happens far too often.

Gassolini
11-13-2012, 05:40 PM
RS crashes, seemingly if you have too many audio devices.

On my DAW I have a MOTU 828 with 2 x 8 in ADAT interfaces. That alone is 32 devices for RS to enumerate. Together with the motherboard audio that is more than 32 devices in total. When starting RS on this machine, RS crashes, seemingly after enumerating 32-33 devices (has varied), looking at the audiodump.txt file. If I disconnect the MOTU interface, RS works fine. I attach the relevant portion of an audiodump.txt file for a session with RS crashing during audio device enumeration.

On my HTPC I have a similar MOTU, but without additional ADAT channels. On this machine there is only 18 devices to enumerate. RS works fine on this machine.

00000060: : WASAPI: device idx: 31
00000060: : WASAPI: ---------------
00000060: : WASAPI: device ID: {0.0.1.00000000}.{ce99b5eb-822a-4ea8-8a50-a141b35c2646}
00000060: : WASAPI:31| name[MOTU ADAT Optical B 1-2 (MOTU Audio Wave for 64 bit)]
00000060: : WASAPI:31| DefaultFormat nChannels[2]
00000060: : WASAPI:31| form-factor[7]
00000060: : WASAPI:31| def.SR[44100] max.CH[2] latency{hi[0.010000] lo[0.003000]}
00000060: : WASAPI: device idx: 32
00000060: : WASAPI: device ID: {0.0.1.00000000}.{e64611ab-4f34-4256-bafb-af93a97c5749}
00000060: : WASAPI:32| name[Mikrofonrekke (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC)]
00000060: : WASAPI:32| DefaultFormat nChannels[2]
00000060: : WASAPI:32| form-factor[4]
00000060: : WASAPI:32| def.SR[48000] max.CH[2] latency{hi[0.010000] lo[0.003000]}
00000060: : WASAPI: device idx: 33
00000060: : WASAPI: device ID: {0.0.1.00000000}.{f273e68e-b272-40f8-9eee-2d2d1355e352}
00000060: : WASAPI: failed PaWasapi_PInitialize error[-9986|Internal PortAudio error]
00000060: : TerminateHostApis in
00000060: : TerminateHostApis out
00000060: : Pa_Initialize returned:
00000060: : PaError: -9986 ( Internal PortAudio error )
00000060: !: pSinkVista->Init() != AK_Success

SwiftyTom
11-16-2012, 10:41 AM
Currently most annoying bug for me is when during an event, RS stops registering the notes for one song, even when I just finished the previous one normally. So I sit back and stare at a big fat zero score counter, then the next song comes along and boom, notes register just fine. Maybe it's a protection against the annoying master mode encores? :-)
Or same thing, rehearsing songs just fine, fire up event - can't even tune. Hear the sound coming through is absolutely correct and in tune, but the strings on the tuner won't move.

zarlorz
11-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Currently most annoying bug for me is when during an event, RS stops registering the notes for one song, even when I just finished the previous one normally. So I sit back and stare at a big fat zero score counter, then the next song comes along and boom, notes register just fine. Maybe it's a protection against the annoying master mode encores? :-)
Or same thing, rehearsing songs just fine, fire up event - can't even tune. Hear the sound coming through is absolutely correct and in tune, but the strings on the tuner won't move.

That issue is mentioned a bunch here (I have an open tech support ticket on it and suggest everyone with the problem do the same to help bump the priority of it.) However you do add a new wrinkle I've not see mentioned or tried before. You say you go all the way through a song with no note recognition but on the next song it does begin recognizing again? That's interesting.

My personal "fix' for this, during a set like that, is to just unplug the RealTone Cable between songs until the pause screen comes up, then plug it back in and Resume. That will fix it for you, but it's a royal pain to have to keep doing that.

Steamroller52
11-17-2012, 05:18 PM

My Specs

C2D T9800 OC 3.2GHZ
4GB RAM
HD4650 Mobility 512mb.

Try what everyone else has advised, but then also change your screen from FULL SCREEN to WINDOWED. When I switched to a windowed screen that did away with video lag/note stuttering during events.

Steamroller52
11-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but I've noticed on at least 2 occasions that when I'm ready to quit the game, if I unplug my Real Tone cable right as I'm trying to exit the game from the menu, the game will freeze and not let me exit. Steam won't exit until RS has closed, so basically it just sits there hung up. I tried using Windows Task Manager to end RS, but Task Manager couldn't even close it down. So after about 5 minutes, I decided to plug the cable back in to see what would happen, and sure enough, as soon as I plugged the cable back in RS shut itself down and I was able to exit Steam as usual. So from now on I'll make sure unplugging the Real Tone cable is the final step after closing the game and exiting Steam.

luigibr
11-25-2012, 09:14 PM
Try what everyone else has advised, but then also change your screen from FULL SCREEN to WINDOWED. When I switched to a windowed screen that did away with video lag/note stuttering during events.

REALLY??? Wow never thought of that. Really as far as I can see, must be a bad coding, because the crowd does not do anything special, there is no physics or anything that would justify it to be so heave, specially on those big block notes like powercords. Well, lowering the game quality did improve a lot, I will try your window solution, maybe it should help. Another anoying thing is the game stopping registering notes during events, thatīs not right. Thans in Advance.

D_Lundin
11-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Not sure if it's already been mentioned, but I've noticed on at least 2 occasions that when I'm ready to quit the game, if I unplug my Real Tone cable right as I'm trying to exit the game from the menu, the game will freeze and not let me exit. Steam won't exit until RS has closed, so basically it just sits there hung up. I tried using Windows Task Manager to end RS, but Task Manager couldn't even close it down. So after about 5 minutes, I decided to plug the cable back in to see what would happen, and sure enough, as soon as I plugged the cable back in RS shut itself down and I was able to exit Steam as usual. So from now on I'll make sure unplugging the Real Tone cable is the final step after closing the game and exiting Steam.
I have this problem too now and then. What's worse is that I think it's causing my "System" process to hang somehow, consuming an entire CPU core indefinitely. I won't usually notice this in Windows, but it will make Rocksmith lag a lot and the only solution is a restart of my computer (normally restart it once a month at MOST, several times a week with Rocksmith). I usually have the cable plugged in when this happens, but maybe I'll try and disconnect/reconnect it. If that works, maybe it's connected to the bug that causes notes to not register since replugging the cable works there.

Wrathchild68
11-27-2012, 07:38 PM
Couple of bugs I've had recently are no points being scored even though I hit the notes correctly and can hear the guitar in the game. Another one is when playing an event, sometimes the crowd doesn't move. They all just stand there completely still.

rcole_sooner
11-27-2012, 09:31 PM
Yep, I got that on PC.

Here is what I posted about it.

I solved my Real Tone cable issues by following this advice from ubisoft support.

Start by using the steps below to close some running background applications on the system.

1. Open your start menu and look for Run (Win XP), Start search (Win Vista), or Search programs and files (Win 7)

2. Delete anything on the Open line that you'll find there, and type in the word MSCONFIG and press the Enter key to bring up the system configuration utility

3. Look down the list of startup items (not the tab labeled Startup), and choose Selective Startup (if it is not already selected) (If you don't see this, make sure you've clicked on General, near the top of the window)

4. Once you've chosen Selective Startup, uncheck 'Load Startup Items'

5. Once you're done here, click Apply & OK, and let it reboot your computer

Try running the game again. If the game loads and seems to be working, the problem is most likely related to one or more programs you have scheduled to load with Windows. You can then revert the settings back the way they were, and in a trial and error fashion, disable some programs using the startup tab (in the msconfig utility) to try to find the culprit.

*Keep in mind that this is a temporary solution and any changes can be reverted by returning to the MSCONFIG utility and re-selecting 'Normal Startup"

I then just selected start up items, until I found what the culprit was.

It was the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center startup software, in my case.

I have not had a Real Tone cable issues since. :fingers crossed:

aag8617
11-28-2012, 12:22 AM
Im having issues with the screen. It keeps showing me all these colors and it makes the game impossible to play. Any suggestions to what may be the problem?

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076764233/screenshots/?appid=0&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall&privacy=14

rcole_sooner
11-28-2012, 02:43 AM
The first problem I see, is that I cannot see your picture.

D_Lundin
11-28-2012, 11:44 AM
Im having issues with the screen. It keeps showing me all these colors and it makes the game impossible to play. Any suggestions to what may be the problem?

Picture can be seen here: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076764233/screenshots/?appid=0&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall&privacy=14

That looks mighty weird. What graphics card do you have? I'd start with making sure my drivers are up to date...

deanemj
11-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Well, Rocksmith worked like a champ on Windows 7. However, I just upgraded to Windows 8 and Rocksmith won't play a all! I've tried deleting and reinstalling from Steam twice and verifying the files using Steam. No luck with either.

The game starts and hangs at a black screen. Nothing else happens. Anyone know if Rocksmith is compatible with Windows 8?

valic182
11-29-2012, 08:13 AM

Thanks for the post, fixed my problem as well! ^_^

oyvindogland
11-29-2012, 04:13 PM
I haven't got time to read all 17 pages, so maybe someone else have had the same problem.

Some parts of some songs (not yet sure if it is specific songs or just totally random), the game just doesn't register any of my notes. I've played probably over 100 hours on PS3, so I'm sure that it isn't just me who is missing all the notes. This happened at the "Use Somebody" intro, I restarted the whole game, and then it was working again.

Engvay66
12-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Game runs fine for 10 - 20 minutes then PC shuts completely down.

eastcreek5004
12-01-2012, 07:54 PM
I have tried to install Rocksmith. A "Steam" software tries to install 1st. Here's my results on 2 different PC 's...

1) A laptop running Widows 7. The results were:
"Steam.exe (main exception) : ERROR: copying steamNew.exe to steam.exe failed, Win32 Error32 "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process". A "Steam Login" box did appear, (I am currently waiting for a password from ubi) however I do not have a Rocksmith directory in my "SteamApps" folder so it appears the installation failed? True? How is this repaired?

2) A desktop running Win XP. The results were...
Hangs at the 99% state "Error could not open file bin/FileSystem_Steam.dll. I have attempted some troubleshooting, but even when booting in "Safe Mode" the installation fails since windows "installer" is not running. I even attempted various other boot ups. System Service only, System INI and Win INI only, Diagnostic Start-up. All attempts failed in one way or another.

Any ideas, anyone?

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

UPDATE:

1) I seem to have corrected the issue I was having with the laptop installation. It appears that one not be concerned about the actual "game" installation UNTIL 1st activating a "Steam" account. Once the account is activated (...by you registering with your own made up user name and password at the Steam site) Rocksmith did install so long as I had the disk is in the computer I installed on and had the "Activation Key" available. (Mine took about 30 minutes!)

2) Still haven't figured out why I could not install on my preferred pc.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

UPDATE 2

1) Laptop still works good.

2) Found this minimum system requirement mentioned:

Problem: Does Rocksmith support Windows XP?

Solutions: Rocksmith was designed to work with Windows Vista and Windows 7. Windows XP is not supported by Rocksmith at this time. However, you may have good luck with it.

Since there is a possibility of XP compatibility, I tried it on another XP computer I have. No installation issues there but, the video card isn't up to snuff. The video card in the 1st XP PC I tried to install on is compatible with specs so I think I will pull it out of it and put it in the 2nd. I still would like to know why the 1st fails at the 99% spot of updating. I have a service ticket in with UBI support. Perhaps they will figure it out.

eastcreek5004
12-01-2012, 08:00 PM

Sounds like a low memory issue possibly to me...

Vector_Shift
12-01-2012, 08:11 PM

Sounds like a low memory issue possibly to me...

That actually sounds like memory corruption. Run memtest86 (http://www.memtest86.com/download.html) for a while and see if it detects any errors.

Yrd
12-03-2012, 06:54 AM
I have tried to install Rocksmith. A "Steam" software tries to install 1st. Here's my results on 2 different PC 's...

1) A laptop running Widows 7. The results were:
"Steam.exe (main exception) : ERROR: copying steamNew.exe to steam.exe failed, Win32 Error32 "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process". A "Steam Login" box did appear, (I am currently waiting for a password from ubi) however I do not have a Rocksmith directory in my "SteamApps" folder so it appears the installation failed? True? How is this repaired?

2) A desktop running Win XP. The results were...
Hangs at the 99% state "Error could not open file bin/FileSystem_Steam.dll. I have attempted some troubleshooting, but even when booting in "Safe Mode" the installation fails since windows "installer" is not running. I even attempted various other boot ups. System Service only, System INI and Win INI only, Diagnostic Start-up. All attempts failed in one way or another.

Any ideas, anyone?

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

UPDATE:

1) I seem to have corrected the issue I was having with the laptop installation. It appears that one not be concerned about the actual "game" installation UNTIL 1st activating a "Steam" account. Once the account is activated (...by you registering with your own made up user name and password at the Steam site) Rocksmith did install so long as I had the disk is in the computer I installed on and had the "Activation Key" available. (Mine took about 30 minutes!)

2) Still haven't figured out why I could not install on my preferred pc.

I believe, now that you have the game activated and running through steam, you should be able to download the files through steam. Try that on the desktop. Also, minimum specs require Vista or 7, so you may not ever get it to run on XP.

The only problem I've had with PC version, so far, is the cable stops recognizing any notes periodically, and it seems to do it after nearly every song in an event. So every time I get to a point where the next song is starting, I just unplug the USB end of the cable and plug it back in.

I've noticed the message at the top of the screen says something about the input or output is very high.

Brazzerex
12-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Hello everyone

I've got problem with my Real Tone Cable. My system detected it correctly, installed drivers but..... its not working. Computer placed it in Recording Tab but i cant play RS (cable unplugged error), even record anything (Windows Recorder ,,Cant find recording device'').Cable doesnt send a signal. I cant configure my cable as FAQ says because there is no advanced tab.
Please, someone help me with this.I really want to play this game.

http://pics.tinypic.pl/i/00213/9x4qn1khycqa.jpg

Thanks

PS. Cable isnt defected, I tested it on another PC
PS2. I have this problem on my laptop Dell Precision M6300 (all ports USB 2.0)

eastcreek5004
12-04-2012, 04:04 AM
I believe, now that you have the game activated and running through steam, you should be able to download the files through steam. Try that on the desktop. Also, minimum specs require Vista or 7, so you may not ever get it to run on XP.

The only problem I've had with PC version, so far, is the cable stops recognizing any notes periodically, and it seems to do it after nearly every song in an event. So every time I get to a point where the next song is starting, I just unplug the USB end of the cable and plug it back in.

I've noticed the message at the top of the screen says something about the input or output is very high.

Thanks, I've tried the same installation technique on my main desktop PC running XP. That's what repeatedly fails at the 99% spot of the "update". At this point I am hoping tech support can come up with an idea or 2. XP can work provided minimum cpu speeds and ram specs are met. I've proved to myself that it can run on XP with a 3rd PC I have.

Your issue sounds like a USB port power/compatibility malfunction. The main minimum specs "sticky" here gives some great info on checking the USB port. You might want to check that out.

RafiArricao
12-04-2012, 04:40 PM
I have an Asus Xonar Dx Soundcard, and i have an annoying lag that makes me immposibble to play, i tried everything in ini file, and I cant go futher tha latecybuffer=2 , and max buffer =1024,
I cant understand why the people has better latency with ****ty realtek cards , than a dedicated sound board.
Please fix it with a patch , or let us to play with ASIO Drivers!!

ralph916
12-04-2012, 11:10 PM
For those of you having problems with the cable, it might be that the level is too low.

If it comes up in your audio devices (Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter), you can select it, and hit properties. There should be a level tab. Mine was set down to 46 or so. I jacked it up to 90ish and it was detected. Not sure what a good level is without distorting.

As for me, my problem is that I can't see anything.

When I go to soundcheck, I get a lot of flashing colors that vaguely look like an audience and a guitar headstock. And thoughout the initial stages, when a text box is on screen and moves, I see ghost images of them.

I can't even see what I need to do for tuning.

Had the ghosting problem on XP and Windows 8. Never got far enough in XP to get to soundcheck (although I didn't change the levels).

I'm having the exact same problem!!!
This is happening on the family desktop where I need it but worked fine on my old laptop. Both are running Windows 7. Is there any fix for this? I've spent most of today going through forums and trying almost every common fix but no luck. Please help.

alucard33592
12-06-2012, 07:31 PM
Hello everyone

I've got problem with my Real Tone Cable. My system detected it correctly, installed drivers but..... its not working. Computer placed it in Recording Tab but i cant play RS (cable unplugged error), even record anything (Windows Recorder ,,Cant find recording device'').Cable doesnt send a signal. I cant configure my cable as FAQ says because there is no advanced tab.
Please, someone help me with this.I really want to play this game.

http://pics.tinypic.pl/i/00213/9x4qn1khycqa.jpg

Thanks

PS. Cable isnt defected, I tested it on another PC
PS2. I have this problem on my laptop Dell Precision M6300 (all ports USB 2.0)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the exact same problem, if you find a fix let me know

gorkslasher
12-08-2012, 08:32 PM
I have the following problem in numerous situations:

The note recognition simply stops. This usually happens not mid-song but in transitions. In fact I have seen it happen only in two settings:

*) In a concert the bass needs to be retuned. After retuning, the pitch checker no longer recognizes any notes. Going back to precision tuning will reenable pitch detection. But coming back it will stay unresponsive. The workaround I found for this case is to toggle to bass emulation and then back to bass. After that the recognition works as expected and tuning is properly checked.

*) Between songs in concert. I completed a song. A new song start. But no recognition works. I have tried to find workrounds but failed. Stuff I tried includes alt-tabbing etc. Generally I'll score 0% on the song. Recognition returns for the next song without problems.

Oddly enough it does seem to relate to certain songs. A bass song that required retuning to drop d-g (i think it was unnatural selection but not 100%) persistently caused the issue when retuning and I only managed to complete the event with the emulation trick.

Note that this is not a tuning/loose string issue. I have a 5-string bass and simply played the low d on the b string. No string ever showed the oscillation graphics indicating there is no recognition at all. In songs where tuning fails no note will register on any string not just one or for one pitch.

One can actually hear the bass sound through rocksmith, so this is also not an audio problem.

s2046
12-09-2012, 06:16 AM
I think this is a bug, can't imagine it's intentional.

When you're browing the "songs" list, and you set the event filter to "ON", then select a song and click through. If you press escape to come back out to your list, it now has the Event filter "OFF" and you have to scroll all of them.

Dantproof
12-17-2012, 05:43 PM
Well , i have a "problem in Rocksmith. It's about the lag , i guess. I tried all the options, and don't know what to do now. When i'm playing , i don't see really lag in the game, i can play good and i hit the notes perfectly. But my problem is, don't know why, i got poor points always. I mean, I can do a perfects arrangments of every song , and i always will get a ****ty points. I'm playing guitar for some years, so the problem is not practicing ( if someone was gonna say it ) so... anyone knows what can i do ?

For example , a song did by 98% accuracy , and X streak notes , ALWAYS , my points are the sames than the people who's making 90-95% , and no matter what song is it. Sometimes playing a perfect song , i have problems to reach the 100k for mastered it.

rcole_sooner
12-17-2012, 07:14 PM
If you play a song 100% and have it mastered you will always get at least 100K points.

Groove and other bonuses account for all the other scoring, and has nothing to do with how "perfect" a song is played.

The scoring info is available in the FAQ sticky thread.

Dantproof
12-17-2012, 09:45 PM
If you play a song 100% and have it mastered you will always get at least 100K points.

Groove and other bonuses account for all the other scoring, and has nothing to do with how "perfect" a song is played.

The scoring info is available in the FAQ sticky thread.

Thanks you for your help. You know , i'm getting always 100k on those cases, but i was talking about in some cases that i did 99%-100% of the arrangment and i got 100k o 101k , so in the most of the cases i have to mastered and do a perfect play if i want to reach those 100k.

I'm interested on this FAQ but i can't find it? Can you link it to me?

Again, Thanks.

rcole_sooner
12-17-2012, 10:46 PM
Here is the FAQ sticky thread. There are a lot of helpful links, including one about the scoring.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/445553-Useful-Links-Information

Dantproof
12-18-2012, 11:50 AM
Here is the FAQ sticky thread. There are a lot of helpful links, including one about the scoring.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/445553-Useful-Links-Information

Thanks!!

After read that , i wonder if the only way to don't get the groove bonuses and others , is it the latency? I never cared about points on this game but.. it's a trouble sometimes, comparing with other users. But anyway as i can see, the only way to get better points is have the best perfomance on audio latency.

rcole_sooner
12-18-2012, 03:22 PM
Audio lag can be distracting, but it depends on how much one plays by ear or by sight. I really don't notice audio lag, for the most part. In fact, I thought I had none for the longest time. I am slowly starting to hear it on some of the fastest of the guitar parts/solos. Maybe this game is improving my playing or hearing and that is why.

I play by ear and can only hear audio "disconnect" on a few songs. The Muse Plug In Baby is one that seems like my guitar is floating on top and ahead of the whole song. I don't know why that song.

Setting the video lag makes more of a difference in scoring. If one can set it to a high value and play to the note highway ignoring being out of time with the audio, that is how some of these folks are getting some very high groove bonuses. I myself cannot do it, I get too distracted by the audio.

Dantproof
12-18-2012, 05:26 PM
Lol , that's the same issue is happening to me . I play most of them by ear, so that's why i was confused because i don't noticed lag, but i was getting poor points, doing a good perfomances on songs. So the truth is that i'm playing okay for who's listening , but not for the game, thats why i m not getting groove bonuses.

I tried to put the lag correction in 0 and now i'm getting more points, not alot, but i'm geitting those groove points, i think that i never saw them playing , lol .
Thanks for the help , to me now is enough to play with this way , i hope this issue is gonna be patched soon.

luigibr
12-21-2012, 10:23 PM
REALLY??? Wow never thought of that. Really as far as I can see, must be a bad coding, because the crowd does not do anything special, there is no physics or anything that would justify it to be so heave, specially on those big block notes like powercords. Well, lowering the game quality did improve a lot, I will try your window solution, maybe it should help. Another anoying thing is the game stopping registering notes during events, thatīs not right. Thans in Advance.

Ok, tried that. It has improved a little, but still, the crowd is the big issue here. I see so many bugs, I am wondering if Ubi is thinking on releasing a patch soon, because the only way for me to play the game is at the Rehearse, event is a NO. Well, I will have to go on and choose the songs ramdonly at the songs menu.Thanks for trying.

smallie42
12-22-2012, 01:01 AM
Rocksmith Shop not working on PC version. Rocksmith.exe properties are: date modified: 12/19/2012 7:23 PM, size: 10.3 MB.
Steam.exe properties are: File version 1.021595.686 Product Version: 1.0.0.0 size: 1.29MB, Date modified 12/3/2012 3:36 PM

rml0214
12-22-2012, 06:37 AM
I keep getting stuck on the same 6 song event. I finish the event, and it keeps having me do it over and over.

This is on the PC version. Used to have it happen occasionally before where I completed the event, and sometimes had to do it over, but I've had to do this one about 4 times.

RadiAngel
12-26-2012, 08:08 AM
PLEASE HELP! Got Rocksmith for christmas, installed it, followed config down to the T and still get no sound or anything while playing. So far this game has show its self to be unplayable.

toymachinesh
12-26-2012, 10:12 PM
PLEASE HELP! Got Rocksmith for christmas, installed it, followed config down to the T and still get no sound or anything while playing. So far this game has show its self to be unplayable.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/716851-Rocksmith-PC-Configuration-and-FAQ-s-Forums?

lowpiou
01-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Rocksmith Shop not working on PC version. Rocksmith.exe properties are: date modified: 12/19/2012 7:23 PM, size: 10.3 MB.
Steam.exe properties are: File version 1.021595.686 Product Version: 1.0.0.0 size: 1.29MB, Date modified 12/3/2012 3:36 PM
I have the same problem, if I try to go on the shop, it just loads forever, and i have to crash the game to quit.

lowpiou
01-03-2013, 03:13 PM
I have the same problem, if I try to go on the shop, it just loads forever, and i have to crash the game to quit.

OK, i fixed that, it was just a firewall issue.

SteveRedmon2013
01-04-2013, 07:42 PM
Hello, Firstly, what an amazing game! Got in yesterday played if for a good few hours! So **** good... But yeah - i play a song, sometime two, then i have to unplug the USB, and plug it back in because the guitar just stops working? I've not idea what it is, any help would be greatly appreciated - also, on a side note, the bends in the game, how'd they work, it's simple enough to so, but i think they're going on for too long, ALWAYS goes red at the end of it, asif i've failed it ^^ Thanks in advance!!

scypio42
01-04-2013, 07:46 PM
Hello, Firstly, what an amazing game! Got in yesterday played if for a good few hours! So **** good... But yeah - i play a song, sometime two, then i have to unplug the USB, and plug it back in because the guitar just stops working? I've not idea what it is, any help would be greatly appreciated - also, on a side note, the bends in the game, how'd they work, it's simple enough to so, but i think they're going on for too long, ALWAYS goes red at the end of it, asif i've failed it ^^ Thanks in advance!!

Most likely the USB port gets unpowered by energy saving profile. You should turn off energy saving for RealTone cable as described in the FAQ:

(look up RealTone cable).

SteveRedmon2013
01-04-2013, 07:58 PM
Thanks mate - but i can't seem to see anything on there? :X

scypio42
01-04-2013, 08:24 PM
Thanks mate - but i can't seem to see anything on there? :X

Wow, it's not in the FAQ? it should be IMO. Here is the solution:

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but if you contact tech support they seem to have found a fix for this. If you go into Device Manager and open up the Universal Serial Bus Controllers section you can right-click on all of your USB Root Hub entries and go to Properties. Then go to the Power Management tab and UNclick the option for "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". Apparently the USB Root Hubs don't recognize the RealTone cable as being active and just powers off the port on you.

SteveRedmon2013
01-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Really appreciate the help Scy! Thanks alot! Have a good day! Goodbye ^^ Can finally play without interupption! Gunna be a good weekend! :3

rcole_sooner
01-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Wow, it's not in the FAQ? it should be IMO. Here is the solution:

I have never been able to find the power option on my USB Root Hub. Everytime I see this I go home and try, and I will again tonight. Maybe I'll see what I am missing tonight.

bo3bj
01-04-2013, 10:29 PM
Run Device Manager. Right click on USB hub, select Properties. You might have 5 hubs like this one, so choose the one that RealTone is connected to.

Should look like this, on Win7. Right click on USB

http://en.community.dell.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/3518/6874.usbroothubpowermanagement.jpg

Another option for computers that have power profiles like laptops is to change your plan settings. Click Change Advanced Settings to get the dialog:

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/images/Vista-USB-Power.png

Jonny_Guitar
01-04-2013, 11:52 PM
there is a, in my eyes, major bug in note detection for the pc version.
when playing a conert event, no mather if guitar or bass mode, sometimes the note detection stops working completely for one song though i can still hear my bass or guitar.....
the songs shouldnt be the probleam because they have worked on other events earlier. it seems to happen randomly on any song of an event. dlc songs as well as originas songs.
you can eather stop the event and start over again (probably finding your self in the same situation over and over again on the same song of the set list exept your very lucky) or accept the fact that your complete progress on the song is going to be erased because no note you play is detected. the next song works normal again.
it once already happend at the beginning of an event when you got to tune the guitar... no chance to get past the tuner cause of no tone detection.... but a restart of the event solved it in this case.
this happend to me 3 times today with different songs and its realy realy annoying!
this also seems to be a problem in multiplayer mode, but ive only experienced this for one of the two instruments. not both at the same time. the setup dosent mather. it happend with 2 guitars as well as with 1 guitar and 1 bass (not emulated). never tryed 2 basses :P i dont see any reason to do that :D but i asume it wouldnt make any difference.

im not using any special audio devices or driver. just the regular win 7 aiso driver (updated to the newest version) and win 7 64x.
if any more info about my pc or rs config is helping, feel free to ask.

please fix this ubisoft as this bug is realy destroying the fun of playing (specially multiplayer) and seems to affect other people too.
if anyone has any solutions to this bug please share, because i couldnt find anything but complains about this.

thanks

smedford
01-05-2013, 07:26 AM
when playing a conert event, no mather if guitar or bass mode, sometimes the note detection stops working completely for one song though i can still hear my bass or guitar.....
the songs shouldnt be the probleam because they have worked on other events earlier. it seems to happen randomly on any song of an event. dlc songs as well as originas songs.
you can eather stop the event and start over again (probably finding your self in the same situation over and over again on the same song of the set list exept your very lucky) or accept the fact that your complete progress on the song is going to be erased because no note you play is detected. the next song works normal again.
it once already happend at the beginning of an event when you got to tune the guitar... no chance to get past the tuner cause of no tone detection.... but a restart of the event solved it in this case.
this happend to me 3 times today with different songs and its realy realy annoying!
this also seems to be a problem in multiplayer mode, but ive only experienced this for one of the two instruments. not both at the same time. the setup dosent mather. it happend with 2 guitars as well as with 1 guitar and 1 bass (not emulated). never tryed 2 basses :P i dont see any reason to do that :D but i asume it wouldnt make any difference.

im not using any special audio devices or driver. just the regular win 7 aiso driver (updated to the newest version) and win 7 64x.

please fix this ubisoft as this bug is realy destroying the fun of playing (specially multiplayer) and seems to affect other people too.
if anyone has any solutions to this bug please share, because i couldnt find anything but complains about this.

thanks This very same thing happens to me and is very frustrating. I have tried changing songs and altering my sets but it still happens. at some point an entire song will not register a single note. At this point I just let it play out. It happened to me on an encore about five minutes ago. I wanted to toss my pc in the river. There is not a river near me though thankfully.

SteveRedmon2013
01-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Still having the same problem, i have to unplug & plug back in my USB after every song, sometimes 2, but yeah, it's not the root hub thing, i've sorted all that.. so.;. any other suggestions? : /

smedford
01-06-2013, 04:20 AM
I stopped a couple friends from buying the PC version and am about to get very vocal about it. The fact it just quits detecting notes is beyond annoying. I have been a huge rocksmith supporter since the game came out and about to turn full circle.

PepperX360
01-07-2013, 04:00 AM
Still having the same problem, i have to unplug & plug back in my USB after every song, sometimes 2, but yeah, it's not the root hub thing, i've sorted all that.. so.;. any other suggestions? : /
This problem is also bothering me a lot. It is very often.
It was very difficult to play an entire event without that happen. I do not have this problem in the xbox version.
After I have disabled all recording devices and left only the RS Cable, could play for a few hours without this problem appeared again. I'll be watching.
What happened was a message that came to me after playing for hours, saying that the output volume was very high during the tune check. In this case I switch to bass emulated mode and return to the default mode and everything returns to normal. Almost always works and it is very often too.
This is my case.

velatra
01-07-2013, 06:01 AM
Super Ducks issue: At some point I become unable to "shoot" certain yellow ducks. I can shoot ducks corresponding to every string other than the A string just fine. Likewise I'm able to shoot the first, say, twenty yellow ducks I see, but at some point the game will not respond to my attempts at shooting a number of yellow ducks. Is this unique to me?

RokDog007
01-07-2013, 07:14 AM
I stopped a couple friends from buying the PC version and am about to get very vocal about it. The fact it just quits detecting notes is beyond annoying. I have been a huge rocksmith supporter since the game came out and about to turn full circle.

why not Install Steam on another computer, friends, family or whatever
& then access your Steam RockSmith Account via their computer & see if it runs better.

I have Steam installed on ALL 4 computers in my house & can access Rocksmith from any of them....

if not then perhaps your chord is going bad,
heck turn off your computer & pull the battery & spray your USB Ports & RockSmith Cable ends & your guitars 1/4inch input with some Electrical Contact Cleaner

http://www.amazon.com/CRC-Electrical-Contact-Cleaner-Aerosol/dp/B003NTQCA2

after spraying, let the contact cleaner dissipate/evaporate for a couple minutes & retry it.
AutoParts store's & Radio Shack sell the stuff too

smedford
01-07-2013, 07:52 PM
why not Install Steam on another computer, friends, family or whatever
& then access your Steam RockSmith Account via their computer & see if it runs better.

I have Steam installed on ALL 4 computers in my house & can access Rocksmith from any of them....

if not then perhaps your chord is going bad,
heck turn off your computer & pull the battery & spray your USB Ports & RockSmith Cable ends & your guitars 1/4inch input with some Electrical Contact Cleaner

http://www.amazon.com/CRC-Electrical-Contact-Cleaner-Aerosol/dp/B003NTQCA2

after spraying, let the contact cleaner dissipate/evaporate for a couple minutes & retry it.
AutoParts store's & Radio Shack sell the stuff too

Interestingly enough, I had some contact cleaner for an amp that was pretty dirty. I sprayed my pc down and have run two events without any issues. *crossing fingers.

roscodelbosco
01-07-2013, 11:26 PM
I've had a few issues - having to disconnect all usb devices and headphones so the guitar is recognised, but weirdly I can plug the headphones after it's been recognised without issue. Also pretty much every time I try to exit the game it completely and catastrophically crashes my pc! I have to restart my pc to get it to do anything again!!! Also had numerous missed notes and sudden guitar disconnections. Awesome game when it works though, just very buggy!!!

PepperX360
01-08-2013, 04:10 AM
This week I played Rocksmith more on the PC than on the xbox ...
After performing a few tweaks (disabled some devices), I have had no problem detecting notes during the game, just in tune.
Sometimes, when you quit the game, on the PC I have only 4GB RAM, RS get the message that the program has stopped working, and now instead of this mesagem appeared another to close the "Microsoft C + +" (component that is installed along with the game, I can not remember, not captured screen) saying something about lack of space or memory to handle something.
I do not have this problem on my lap top which has 8GB RAM, I imagine that if I add memory, this behavior should disappear. I'll try and see what happens.

sl4vic
01-08-2013, 05:20 AM
This may be a complete non-sequitur but I switched the rocksmith audio setting to turn off captured audio and I haven't suffered through a cable disconnect\sound drop in about 5 hours of play since. My setup is a little different than most though. Dell Core I7/16GB Win 7 using a PODHD 500 for USB audio driving two monitors. I run the game Windowed to solve some lag stuttering issues.

FxIncinerated
01-08-2013, 06:56 AM
From a thread no one of import reads:

"I experience an issue where it's as if the USB cable completely drops the signal. The most recent time I unplugged and replugged in the USB cable, the whole program went wonky (Everything froze visually while sound continued) and when I used task manager to close the program it took at least 5 minutes (longer than any other program I've ever force closed) before it closed AND THEN my cpu was running at 50% for no reason and I had to reboot to get it to drop. Each port on the hub I use is rated for 500 mA, btw, so I don't believe it's a problem on my end."

Tonight I started up Rocksmith for the the first time since the above and experienced something similar. Signal dropped. This time I didn't unplug and replug in the USB cable until I alt tabbed out. Once back in, the signal had returned. I played it event. It stuttered to no end throughout all songs. I tried a game afterwards, Big Swing, it stuttered to no end. I exited the game from the menu. It took task manager and 3 minutes of trying to end now before it closed, and yes my CPU is spiking again like what happened before. Now I have to reboot to calm that down.

It's too bad Rocksmith acts like it's virus infected software. Positive word of mouth and DLC is where the money is at. I would like to see longevity in this, but with all of those experiencing problems similar to my own, I'm not sure about that working out unless this is taken seriously.

felix.leder
01-09-2013, 11:43 PM
I have solved this on my Windows XP SP3 (even though it was a bit tricky to troubleshoot). I had all the problems that people described for Windows XP:
a) First a white screen but nothing happening (100% CPU load though)
b) After step 1, no sound

Step 1:
---------
Situation: I have a very "smart" realtek sound card that tries to detect what type of device is plugged in to which sound port.

Troubleshooting:
Go to "Rocksmith.ini" into the game folder and set DumpAudioLog=1
In my case this created a 500 MB "audiodump.txt" file in the same folder (don't try notepad to open it). In that file I saw that Rocksmith tried to enumerate the audio devices but got stuck in an endless loop (therefore probably the white screen). Thus, the messages in the log keep repeating. The line that keeps changing is:
"GetNumberOfConnectionsTo: Checking 2 connections...00000024"
The last number was counting up to more than 40000 in my case.

Solution: Disable the sound card (actually I disabled all sound cards) in the device manager.
===> Now Rocksmith was starting (but obviously no sound)

Step 2: Find a soundcard
-------------------------------
Rocksmith needs (a simpler) soundcard. I had a very cheap USB sound card (USB audio device) lying around. After making sure that this is the only sound card I have active, Rocksmith started and seems to work perfectly.

Actually, I still had my HDMI audio active at that point and didn't get sound. So, make sure you really disable _all_ audio devices except the simple (in my case USB) one

For reference:
-----------------
Here is how my Rocksmith.ini looks like (but you don't need to enable the window mode and resolution and ... like I have done)
---
[Audio]
EnableMicrophone=0
LatencyBuffer=4
ExclusiveMode=0
ForceWDM=0
ForceDirectXSink=0
DumpAudioLog=1
MaxOutputBufferSize=0
[Renderer.Win32]
ScreenWidth=800
ScreenHeight=600
MinScreenWidth=640
MinScreenHeight=480
Fullscreen=0
VisualQuality=1
----

KinchBlade
01-10-2013, 11:15 AM
Not so much as an issue as another suggestion...

If a song is already mastered then it should not level down any more - it's a total pain.
If I come back to a song after a long break it takes a few runs to get back in the swing of the more intricate bits (or even If i already know and am just messing about with improv or timings) and having to keep going back out to reset to highest settings is a complete pain.
Thanks

Scheppart123
01-10-2013, 07:31 PM
i've found a bug!
I haven't got the rocksmith archievment in steam!
ingame i got it when getting enough points in multiplayer mode. but when i change to the bass mode the bassmode is changed from "lv11 rumblesmith" to "lv11rocksmith",
i guess the game is totaly confused now, and i dont have the archievment =(.

also i noticed that "cousins" from vampire weekend crashes sometimes after the tuner. havent got any problems with other songs.

the game often crashed when i try to leave the game
the game sometimes looses the cable without telling you. often after the tuner an somtime while playing. more often in multiplayer mode.

jhardtone
01-10-2013, 10:15 PM

"I experience an issue where it's as if the USB cable completely drops the signal. The most recent time I unplugged and replugged in the USB cable, the whole program went wonky (Everything froze visually while sound continued) and when I used task manager to close the program it took at least 5 minutes (longer than any other program I've ever force closed) before it closed AND THEN my cpu was running at 50% for no reason and I had to reboot to get it to drop. Each port on the hub I use is rated for 500 mA, btw, so I don't believe it's a problem on my end."

Tonight I started up Rocksmith for the the first time since the above and experienced something similar. Signal dropped. This time I didn't unplug and replug in the USB cable until I alt tabbed out. Once back in, the signal had returned. I played it event. It stuttered to no end throughout all songs. I tried a game afterwards, Big Swing, it stuttered to no end. I exited the game from the menu. It took task manager and 3 minutes of trying to end now before it closed, and yes my CPU is spiking again like what happened before. Now I have to reboot to calm that down.

It's too bad Rocksmith acts like it's virus infected software. Positive word of mouth and DLC is where the money is at. I would like to see longevity in this, but with all of those experiencing problems similar to my own, I'm not sure about that working out unless this is taken seriously.

I get this after playing for a few hours in a row too. I googled around some, and found some threads about this kind of behaviour. The stuttering is caused by the cpu spiking. The cpu spiking is caused by "garbage" that remains somehow in the processing of the USB audio and had happened to others using USB audio devices in windows vista or 7.

Playing on another computer with similar hardware, but a more powerful CPU, this hasn't occurred yet. So far I've diagnosed the stuttering and the audio process getting "stuck" to be caused by my PC's less powerful CPU, which is on the low end or at minimum requirements for the game. Since the Realtone cable uses Windows' own usb audio drivers as far as I can understand, I don't know what could be done about it software/driverwise.

I have also connected the cpu spiking to come from disconnecting and reconnecting the cable, but that's just a probable coincidence, as the signal drops happen too.

FxIncinerated
01-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Playing on another computer with similar hardware, but a more powerful CPU, this hasn't occurred yet. So far I've diagnosed the stuttering and the audio process getting "stuck" to be caused by my PC's less powerful CPU, which is on the low end or at minimum requirements for the game. Since the Realtone cable uses Windows' own usb audio drivers as far as I can understand, I don't know what could be done about it software/driverwise.Yeah, it's always struck me as odd that they use generic drivers. I've done some of the same research and come up with similar findings on the problem. I still didn't see anything to keep me from thinking it's a problem they need to address with a patch of some kind. Again, stock drivers for a product you can only buy from them?! My quadcore may not be brand new, but it's good enough that, if they could program the "garbage" out of their product, this shouldn't be an issue. My system runs games way better than any of the current dated consoles that RS is on.

jhardtone
01-11-2013, 08:11 AM
Yeah, it's always struck me as odd that they use generic drivers. I've done some of the same research and come up with similar findings on the problem. I still didn't see anything to keep me from thinking it's a problem they need to address with a patch of some kind. Again, stock drivers for a product you can only buy from them?! My quadcore may not be brand new, but it's good enough that, if they could program the "garbage" out of their product, this shouldn't be an issue. My system runs games way better than any of the current dated consoles that RS is on.

The findings were made stronger by the fact that multiplayer tends to drop one cable or the other about one minute into any song. I too assumed at first that a proprietary driver was the obvious choice here. The audio garbage overload takes up one of my two cores, so maybe the audio driver in Windows only uses one core regardless?

KharisJohnson
01-11-2013, 02:31 PM

Thanks, this worked for me as well.

Meth3rlence
01-11-2013, 03:55 PM

thanks

I have the exact same thing. I've tried raising and oddly lowering (since sometimes it says it's too loud) the volume of the cable in the control panel - and it still drops randomly mid song. You still hear the guitar but the notes stop registering as hits and you just have to sit there waiting for the song to finish or exit back to the menu. This has even happened in the Tuner for me.. Restarting the song doesn't fix it, you have to go back to the menu and start the song (or set) from there again. Highly frustrating. Happens in Tuner, Songs, Minigames - and it's entirely random, I'm never able to purposely replicate it.

Deviate3s
01-12-2013, 08:55 AM
I have the exact same thing. I've tried raising and oddly lowering (since sometimes it says it's too loud) the volume of the cable in the control panel - and it still drops randomly mid song. You still hear the guitar but the notes stop registering as hits and you just have to sit there waiting for the song to finish or exit back to the menu. This has even happened in the Tuner for me.. Restarting the song doesn't fix it, you have to go back to the menu and start the song (or set) from there again. Highly frustrating. Happens in Tuner, Songs, Minigames - and it's entirely random, I'm never able to purposely replicate it.

I've had the exact same issue here. If you pause the game, pull out the USB cable, let it sit for a second until the game gets upset about you unplugging it, then plug it back in it works fine again.

It's done that to me MANY times, although oddly enough it stopped after I sent in a tech support request (nothing was changed - it just stopped messing up at that point).

I don't really see it being a hardware inadequacy issue in my case. My PC is pretty freakin' strong.

FxIncinerated
01-14-2013, 06:16 AM
The findings were made stronger by the fact that multiplayer tends to drop one cable or the other about one minute into any song. I too assumed at first that a proprietary driver was the obvious choice here. The audio garbage overload takes up one of my two cores, so maybe the audio driver in Windows only uses one core regardless?That is interesting about the multiplayer. It takes up 50% of all four of my cores.

Have you submitted a support ticket? I submitted one about usb signal dropping during the beta. They dismissed it since that was the beta. I haven't submitted another ticket until now. I stay away from Rocksmith a lot more than I'd like and it's solely because of this instability.

PyroBillie
01-18-2013, 09:16 PM
How am I supposed to get a double encore, if my first encores are in master mode?
This is not cool...
MM encore is ok if you're playing a MM event.
But I'm not at that level yet, I'm playing normal events so I need normal encores!

rcole_sooner
01-18-2013, 09:24 PM
How am I supposed to get a double encore, if my first encores are in master mode? This is not cool... MM encore is ok if you're playing a MM event. But I'm not at that level yet, I'm playing normal events so I need normal encores! At least you got this one in the right place. Have you got it out of your system yet?

shihdo
01-18-2013, 09:26 PM
At least you got this one in the right place. Have you got it out of your system yet?

Oh its him not me lol Thought I was losing the plot. 4times lol

Wrathchild68
01-18-2013, 11:05 PM
How am I supposed to get a double encore, if my first encores are in master mode? This is not cool... MM encore is ok if you're playing a MM event. But I'm not at that level yet, I'm playing normal events so I need normal encores! If you get a MM encore with an easy song like Go With The Flow then it is possible to get a double encore. To get the double encore you have to score over 90K on the first one. I managed to unlock all the bonus songs by playing events with a MM encore until I got a second song that I knew. Took a few goes but it is possible, you just got to hope it throws you a song that you know note for note.

steveread999
01-19-2013, 09:59 PM
I have Rocksmith up on Win 7Pro 64bit, on a 4-core i5 CPU, 8GB RAM, NVidia GT430 graphics (1GB RAM).

My cable is connected through a powered USB 2.0 hub, partly so it reaches from the back of the PC to where I stand to play, partly because I'm otherwise out of ports on the system unit.

The guitar is a Cort X-2.

Everything is more or less fine - the only real issue I had was a tendency to not hear the fourth (blue) string when tuning. Adjusting the "microphone" level in the Sound control panel up from 21 to 100 fixed that.

Until I started trying to do the Palm Mute technique challenge, where it's all really pear-shaped. On the "here, have a quick try" section at the end of the video, no problems getting the muted notes recognised, nor on the few songs I've tried that have them in. In the challenge itself? No chance. The open-red notes are a little flaky, but generally OK, but the fret4-red notes that are the key to actually being allowed to play more or less any of the rest of the song are a complete mess. With the microphone level set at 21, I get nothing most often, sometimes a "hit", and occasionally a "playing on a too-high fret' arrow (left-pointing). With the level at 100, I get the arrow most of the time, and sometimes a "hit", rarely a complete miss.

But I'm not playing the wrong fret. I can get a hit on one note, then on the next one that's also on the same fret (so my left hand hasn't moved, and nor has my right except to play), it might miss, or it might show the wrong fret arrow. And the one after may work, or not, as it sees fit.

Curiously, I tried closing the string directly on the fret, and that worked 100% of the time. The X-2 doesn't have a bridge as such - the strings run from the nut on the end of the neck directly down to the fine tuners. I don't know whether this is a problem for Rocksmith, but if so, a Strat would have the same problem, and that doesn't seem right.

jammybilly
01-20-2013, 11:10 PM
Hi, I wonder if you can help me?

I have Rocksmith for PC and about every 15-30 minutes into the game it minimizes. I can open it again from the minimized icon and return to the game but I just wondered why it might do this.

I have a Dell Inspiron 530. It now has 4GB of RAM. I have just installed an ASUS GEFORCE GT 610 2GB Graphics card. It has two Intel Core 2 Duo processors E4500 (2.2Ghz).

Thanks
jammybilly

rcole_sooner
01-21-2013, 12:21 AM
Have you got a virus scanner. You might make sure it is up to date and scan your system.

Other legitmate sofware could do it as well.

But it sounds like some other software doing it.

shihdo
01-21-2013, 12:49 AM
Hi, I wonder if you can help me?

I have Rocksmith for PC and about every 15-30 minutes into the game it minimizes. I can open it again from the minimized icon and return to the game but I just wondered why it might do this.

I have a Dell Inspiron 530. It now has 4GB of RAM. I have just installed an ASUS GEFORCE GT 610 2GB Graphics card. It has two Intel Core 2 Duo processors E4500 (2.2Ghz).

Thanks
jammybilly

something is kicking in and demanding focus, these things are sometimes not malicious, possibly a bad driver install or looped startup program, but more commonly its malware, download and run malwarebytes anti malware here (http://www.malwarebytes.org/) and fix anything it comes up with hopefully should prevent anything shifting focus.

imerocall
01-21-2013, 02:19 PM

Until I started trying to do the Palm Mute technique challenge, where it's all really pear-shaped. On the "here, have a quick try" section at the end of the video, no problems getting the muted notes recognised, nor on the few songs I've tried that have them in. In the challenge itself? No chance. The open-red notes are a little flaky, but generally OK, but the fret4-red notes that are the key to actually being allowed to play more or less any of the rest of the song are a complete mess. With the microphone level set at 21, I get nothing most often, sometimes a "hit", and occasionally a "playing on a too-high fret' arrow (left-pointing). With the level at 100, I get the arrow most of the time, and sometimes a "hit", rarely a complete miss.

Hi,

I also had/have some problems with palm muting. However, I think that the problem is mostly a combination of having to low output levels on the guitar and the playing technique. Palm mutes are trickier that I thought to play, just a tiny bit to much pressure and it will not sound at all, to less pressure (or better call it touching) and it will be a normal note.

So also check your cable and the socket in the guitar, I had a bad cable (problem was an expensive locking Neutrik female connector which does not give full contact to the RS cable jack) and after changing that I had much more level (now using a cheap $2 female/female adapter and a normal male/male cable).

Carsten

ctorrillo
01-26-2013, 04:56 PM
Love rocksmith but I do find quite a bit of problems with the realtone cable. I have followed the setup instructions and I have an very powerful 8-core 16GB system and I havn't messed with any of the latency settings but I find two things happen - every now and then Realtone cable just stops working in the middle of a song. the fix is to unplug and replug the cable back in. I also often have an issue where sustains are not working. notes are fine but the game stops recognizing sustains after abut 1-2 seconds even though the sustain is clearly still going and at a high volume. again, same fix is to unplug/replug the cable back in. I have 5 realtone cables and they all do the same things. I have a second laptop that also has Rocksmith and that system does the same thing as my desktop. I'm guessing there is either a bug or issue with the cable driver.

ctorrillo
01-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Rocksmith Crashes/hangs on exit. about 75% of the time Rocksmith crashes on exit. I get the impressions that things are happening to fast at exit and the game can't handle that. It may be related to the speed of a fast SSD drive. I had no issues when I had Rocksmith on my spindle drive, I recently moved the game files (properly via Steam) to my C which is an Intel 520 240GB SSD and 3/4 of the time it crashes immediately upon exit. I've check the content files and no issues there. I moved back to the D: drive (spindle) and it exits perfectly... moved back to SSD and it's starts crashing again.

coldguy2k
01-27-2013, 08:39 AM
I've read a lot of posts on the game intermittently failing to recognize notes entirely. I have had this issue also, but I've experienced someting else along with it, and wonder if its related.

During a song, the music will drop out, but the notes on the noteway will keep coming for a second or two. Then the noteway will jump back a second or two and the music will be back as normal. It doesn't seem like its failing to recognize notes during this, but I miss notes due to the disruption. I can hear my guitar playing the entire time.

It seems like a cpu problem, but I don't know why this game would need so much juice. I'm running it on a HP DV6 laptop with an AMD quad core cpu and a Radeon HD 7690M video card.

Cheese111
01-27-2013, 03:47 PM
Alot of people having a problem with video lag, the noteway takes too long to recognise notes being played:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/749889-PC-Video-lag?

and

http://steamcommunity.com/app/205190/discussions/0/864957912663173175/

None of us have similar hardware, some NVIDIA, some AMD , different brand monitors etc etc.
Basically the game takes half a second to recognise the input from the guitar even though there is no audio latency. For example, when tuning the strings before each song, you play the note but the game doesn't confirm it (string highlights + shakes) until half a second later. Similarly while playing, you're playing notes in time with the song, but the Noteway chart doesn't confirm them until later even though it gives the correct points and timing recognition for playing in time and correctly. It's also very evident in the guitarcade games, it takes over a second for a baseball swing, same for quick pick dash lane switching, same for harmonics on the bomb game.

We've all tried the suggested fixes etc etc. In all simplicity, it feels like the video lag adjuster needs to go below 0 to -100 for the issue to be corrected as going above 0 only worsens the problem.

afatalrash
01-28-2013, 10:42 PM
I bought the game and have yet to play it because when i start the game i get a message saying it is not compatible with my headset. I have a logitech G35 headset that
connects via USB. Is there an update to fix this issue? I've updated windows, my drivers and rocksmith via Steam.

rcole_sooner
01-28-2013, 11:39 PM
You can put this into google to get some threads with folks who had the same issue.

site:forums.ubi.com rocksmith logitech headset

augustovillela
01-29-2013, 06:00 PM
I had some freeze problems playing rocksmith ps3.

First, I had to chance my ps3 user that I usually play guitar in ps3 since I start to use the bass dlc because the game freeze all the times I tryed.

Later, the game freeze sometimes when I'm playing guitar at the exactly time Rocksmith were saving content for a recent ended venue perform and I had lost data. I don't know if is a hardware/ps3 or a software/rocksmith problem, but, if the game freeze in the past, perhaps it has causing the problem. Someone has any idea to solve this problems? Thanks a lot.

rcole_sooner
01-29-2013, 07:00 PM
It is a known issue with PS3. There are several threads on the subject, with lot of things people have tried. Not playing during loading and saving screens is a big one. Limiting DLC content and repairing the filesystem are others.

thoman23
02-01-2013, 01:24 AM
Maybe this has been posted before, but this thread is 24 pages long and I don't see a search feature within a single thread to check.

I qualified all songs in my Event set list on my family room PC last night, but didn't have enough time to play the actual Event. Today, I launched Rocksmith on a different PC in the living room, expecting to play the event, and the Event had a whole new set list with none of the songs qualified. It was the same event, same venue...but all of my progress towards qualifying songs for the event had been lost. Very frustrating.

rcole_sooner
02-01-2013, 01:58 AM
Search Thread at the top of each thread page? :confused: There is even an advanced search option.

I prefer to use google with "site:forums.ubi.com rocksmith", but there are several ways to search.

shihdo
02-01-2013, 02:19 AM
Search Thread at the top of each thread page? :confused: There is even an advanced search option.

I prefer to use google with "site:forums.ubi.com rocksmith", but there are several ways to search. ah I see the problem...there's a big white block covering the bit where you would expect the search box to be..... oh hang on !!

thoman23
02-01-2013, 07:10 PM

I prefer to use google with "site:forums.ubi.com rocksmith", but there are several ways to search.

Sorry rcole and shihdo, but you are wrong. Neither of you pointed out a way of searching *within* a single thread, which is what is needed for these mega-threads that you insist on people using ("use the feedback thread", "use the issues thread", etc.).

rcole_sooner
02-01-2013, 07:11 PM
1homan23 the search function at the top of the "thread" page is for searching within the thread.

It even says "Search Thread". :cool: Just like my post explained.

shihdo
02-01-2013, 07:28 PM
1homan23 the search function at the top of the "thread" page is for searching within the thread.

It even says "Search Thread". :cool: Just like my post explained.

ner ner :p lol

thoman23
02-01-2013, 09:02 PM
ner ner :p lol

Ha ha...you guys win. You're right, there is a search thread tool, *once you are logged in*. I see that now. The problem is this forum never treats me as logged in until I actually go to post, so the "search thread" option was not originally there for me.

rcole_sooner
02-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Did you check the box "Keep me logged in on this PC"?

Shreddi
02-02-2013, 09:10 PM
could guitar rig and overloud have written over RS drivers? Did you reinstall RS? You must be able to save progress by backing up the directory its saved in. Good Luck, im trying to figure out why the **** usb cable doesnt register in device driver all the time. Have to plug and unplug a few times untll it does.

Shreddi
02-02-2013, 09:19 PM
Yeah, I checked that. The port is fast enough and is powered. It works fine, the problem is that it not always works.

I noticed that if I keep plugging/unplugging and rebooting, it eventually works, but I have no idea what is different between when it's working or not. I also noticed that when it's working the warning sign disappears and a new microphone appears in the recording devices: "Microphone 3-USB Audio Device"

I also checked if the cable had any problem, but that's not the case, I can use it on PS3 and it works 100% of the time. I also have a second cable that behaves in the same way.

The game has been working perfectly when the cable is detected properly, but usually it takes a while to make it work and I can't reproduce the conditions to make it work. It never works straight away either.

Where is the Driver for Game Cable? Rocksmith or Windows Directory? Anywhere else. Would like to try and reinstall driver straight from source. It is a pain in the *** to keep plugging and unplugging this cable. It is in a powered usb port which works perfectly with everything and anything else including large drives. Driver location and maybe reassigning priority might help. If not then a patched driver supporting MB's having problems. Asus, Sabertooth used here (that should be a no brainer). thanks much.

Shreddi
02-02-2013, 09:35 PM

Does everyone check their msconfig and uncheck all the garbage that might be running in the backround every time you start your PC? Go to Run type in msconfig, click on startup tab and you shouldnt have more then half dozen, maybe few more depending on what youre running. DO NOT change anything unless you are 100 percent sure you know its not needed by OS. Stuff like itunes, Adobe (have to uncheck each time it updates, just did again), any devices no longer used, etc. etc. All programs will be there and run fine when needed they just will not load every time you start windows. Go to blackviper.com and look up windows (ver your using) configs and services. Use the most conservative suggestions. I have used that sites reccomendations for around 15 years on countless systems and never a glitch.

Shreddi
02-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Run Device Manager. Right click on USB hub, select Properties. You might have 5 hubs like this one, so choose the one that RealTone is connected to.

Should look like this, on Win7. Right click on USB

http://en.community.dell.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/3518/6874.usbroothubpowermanagement.jpg

Another option for computers that have power profiles like laptops is to change your plan settings. Click Change Advanced Settings to get the dialog:

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/images/Vista-USB-Power.png

Thanks this makes sense. I have about 6 Generic USB's and 3 composite. I am guessing I match the address in details to figure which is which? I will try when I get home. Thanks again.