PDA

View Full Version : Which guitar should I buy

serkantur
08-06-2012, 09:47 AM
I am trying to choose my bass guitar, please help

Ibanez GSR 200 or Cort Action AB4DLX

These two basses fits my budget and needs but ı couldnt decide which one to buy. I will be a beginner for bass. Which one would you pick or can you recommend any other around same prize. Thank you.

C.Linton
08-06-2012, 12:54 PM
IMO, I would get the Ibanez, for no particular reason but that I've heard more good things about them in general than Cort. You might also want to check out Squiers, especially the Vintage Modified and Classic Vibe series, if you're into Fender style basses. Stay away from their Affinity sereies. Although Affinities can be good, they seem to have more quality control issues than the rest of Squier's basses.

dmatrix2
08-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Myself I am going for one of the Ibanez Mikro basses as I want to go for a short scale being that I play guitar . Also want to be able to jam with my daughter who couldn't handle normal scale bass. Scale is something a lot of people don't tend to think off much when looking at Bass guitars. You can get short medium or long.

PRS_Rocker
08-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Another vote for Ibanez.

ekffazr
08-06-2012, 03:45 PM
I just bought an Ibanez, so I will be an Ibanez fanboy for a couple months, so I vote the Ibanez
:cool:

Funk-n-Stein
08-06-2012, 04:49 PM
I'm looking at some used Ibanez basses myself. You can get an SR400 used for around the price of a new GSR200 - I would recommend looking into used. From what I've read the SR400 is a much better instrument.

Here's guitar center's listing for used SR400s. Some of these you could get them with a year warranty and still be around the price of the GSR200. I just ordered one. :) I called the store and asked about the condition first though.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/Default.aspx?internal=1&browser=&fsrc=used+ibanez+sr400&src=used+ibanez+sr400&o=1

slabossiere
08-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Here's guitar center's listing for used SR400s. Some of these you could get them with a year warranty and still be around the price of the GSR200. I just ordered one. :) I called the store and asked about the condition first though.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/Default.aspx?internal=1&browser=&fsrc=used+ibanez+sr400&src=used+ibanez+sr400&o=1

Looks like the current rash of pre-expansion bass purchases rages on! Not sure how many where there before, but there are now exactly 0 search results. Funk, I think you should see about some commissions here...

Funk-n-Stein
08-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Looks like the current rash of pre-expansion bass purchases rages on! Not sure how many where there before, but there are now exactly 0 search results. Funk, I think you should see about some commissions here...

Hmmmm, I still see several basses there - maybe just go the guitar center website and search for 'used ibanez sr400'

slabossiere
08-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Hmmmm, I still see several basses there - maybe just go the guitar center website and search for 'used ibanez sr400'

I think I see what's happening here. It threw me into the Canadian version of the site, and I'm guessing they don't ship to Canada so they weren't returning any search results. Once I flipped it to the US version I could see a lot of basses. My bad.

Edit: They claim to ship to Canada, so I'm not sure why there are no search results. I even took your suggestion and searched for 'used ibanez sr400' with no luck.

Funk-n-Stein
08-06-2012, 06:15 PM
Hmmm, that's weird, not sure what's going on then. I still see at least 10 SR400s under $200. I got a blue one for $135 (plus $20 for the year warranty and $25 shipping.) It's missing some knobs and has some scratches and dings, but I don't care about cosmetics and knobs are cheap. The guy said play-wise, it's in great condition. All in all, I still got out for $180 which is cheaper than a new GSR200. If anyone else is looking at these, make note that the red one for $149 is an older model and only has the 3 knobs (volume, tone and balance) - the newer ones have 5 knobs (volume, balance and 3 band eq.) Even without the EQ though these should be great basses. I like the mix of the P and J style pickups.

TroutBum69
08-07-2012, 02:08 AM
I think I see what's happening here. It threw me into the Canadian version of the site, and I'm guessing they don't ship to Canada so they weren't returning any search results. Once I flipped it to the US version I could see a lot of basses. My bad.

Edit: They claim to ship to Canada, so I'm not sure why there are no search results. I even took your suggestion and searched for 'used ibanez sr400' with no luck.

I've noticed this on the GC website too. It looks like only certain models ship to Canada. They probably have a distribution center here that only has limited stock or something.

WickedBadz
08-07-2012, 03:49 AM
A used Epiphone Thunderbird would be sweet, excellent playing basses, but in the under $200 range the Ibanez holds it's own, of course Peavey,ESP also make under $200 basses that sound good too. Worst part of the Ibanez is the Active pickups but it's what allows it to sound much better than a $200 bass.