PDA

View Full Version : Species

XyZspineZyX
10-23-2003, 01:55 PM
Now that they have finally released a patch, I've been able to play the demo today and quite enjoyed it!

I like the species logging "mission" and have managed to capture 12 different species and had just over 6000 credits when the demo ended. I was just wondering how many I have missed, so how many have you others captured on "flim"?

What I don't want this post to become, is one telling people where to find certain creatures as this just spoils it, and if someone really feels the need to cheat they can read a walkthrough in a magazine or on the internet. Maybe mention the names, so that they know when they've found them.

Also, I think finding and photographing all the different species is going to be quite interesting and fun, it seems to be the only non-linear part of quite a linear game. I just wonder how long it will last, will it be an ongoing mission throughout the game, or, as it's the first mission, will it be completed (perhaps I should say "completable") at the very beginning.

XyZspineZyX
10-23-2003, 01:55 PM
Now that they have finally released a patch, I've been able to play the demo today and quite enjoyed it!

I like the species logging "mission" and have managed to capture 12 different species and had just over 6000 credits when the demo ended. I was just wondering how many I have missed, so how many have you others captured on "flim"?

What I don't want this post to become, is one telling people where to find certain creatures as this just spoils it, and if someone really feels the need to cheat they can read a walkthrough in a magazine or on the internet. Maybe mention the names, so that they know when they've found them.

Also, I think finding and photographing all the different species is going to be quite interesting and fun, it seems to be the only non-linear part of quite a linear game. I just wonder how long it will last, will it be an ongoing mission throughout the game, or, as it's the first mission, will it be completed (perhaps I should say "completable") at the very beginning.

XyZspineZyX
10-23-2003, 02:03 PM
I think I had as much units at you. 6100 units in totall. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
10-23-2003, 02:44 PM
I also had 6100 units at the end of the demo.
I'm positive it's the maximum you can reach in this demo.

XyZspineZyX
10-28-2003, 03:10 AM
The funny part about taking the species pictures is when you have to fight them and you're trying to take a picture of them and getting your butt handed to you because of it. Pure comedy.

XyZspineZyX
10-29-2003, 02:45 AM
There is one "animal" that I have to post about just because it drove me nuts. If you go up on top of the lighthouse there is a funny walrus-looking thing running around and around on the top of the roof. The camera is such that you can se it from far out, but if you go into camera mode it just barely comes into view beyond the edge, if you find the right spot to stand in. Anyway, I tried for frickin' EVER to photograph that thing, because I didn't realize it was NOT A REAL ANIMAL! No wonder the camera wouldn't lock on to it.

Anyway, I don't mean that as a spoiler, but something to laugh at myself about.

XyZspineZyX
10-29-2003, 06:38 AM
The thing ontop of the lighthouse is actually an animal, a two legged otter. You need the sheilds turned on to take a picture of it.

XyZspineZyX
10-29-2003, 11:47 AM
Yes, it actually IS A REAL ANIMAL! lol

I have a picture of it, maybe you need to work on your technique.

Out of interest Da53hlp, how many different species did you catalogue?

XyZspineZyX
10-30-2003, 07:33 AM
Huh. Damn, I must not've been far enough away fo r a good angle or something. All I know is, I never got the reticle to show up even when it came in sight.

I don't remember how many animals, but I was able to get the zoom lens. What is that, 8? Something like that.

XyZspineZyX
11-08-2003, 02:26 PM
im quite sure you need the zoom lens for the otter...i got 5700 now i got to play the demo all over again

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 08:04 PM
There are 16(15?) diffrent creatures that you see in the demo.Except the alpha thugs(im not sure if they are considered a diffrent species)and the Dom'Z lighthouse monster you can photo the rest.
m not listing them coz its not so hard to find them

And yes for the 2 legged otter you need the shield active2zoom2and some patience

XyZspineZyX
11-14-2003, 08:26 PM
hmm you must have missed one I have 6250 credits. You probably missed the second bug it was quite hard.

XyZspineZyX
12-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Ya I got 6250 too. I want to rent it but they still don't have it at blockbuster.

XyZspineZyX
12-24-2003, 08:41 PM
- Ya I got 6250 too. I want to rent it but they still
- don't have it at blockbuster.
-
-
Just buy the game. It's really worth the money.