PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell series to follow AC in different media

im3jia
07-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Maxime Beland, Creative Director at Ubisoft in an interview with NowGamer:

He also spoke about his desire to expand the Splinter Cell universe in a similar way to how the Assassin's Creed franchise appears in different media and on multiple platforms. Beland suggests we may even see a Splinter Cell film in the future.

"Assassinís Creed does an excellent job building a consistent and compelling game universe that expands successfully beyond the console game into mobile, web, comics, books and even film with last yearís Embers. We certainly look to model that success with Splinter Cell as we expand our own game universe in a connected and integrated way that will really excite fans of the franchise."

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1464612/splinter_cell_blacklist_will_give_gamers_freedom_t o_choose_their_play_style.html

Aphex_Tim
07-03-2012, 10:25 PM
Not sure if i like it... Splinter Cell is an excellent series but they shouldn't make it too big.
I didn't like what they did with Conviction and Blacklist looks cool but i don't like what they've done to Sam Fisher.
I feel like they'll f*** up the series if they do this.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Blacklist seems like AC...WAY too much like AC.
Kinda like how BioWare did with Dragon Age. Why cant Splinter Cell do it's own thing?
But too be fair, BioWare is run by EA, and EA is well...EA.

SSgt Carmine
07-03-2012, 11:14 PM
Not sure if i like it... Splinter Cell is an excellent series but they shouldn't make it too big.
I didn't like what they did with Conviction and Blacklist looks cool but i don't like what they've done to Sam Fisher.
I feel like they'll f*** up the series if they do this.

Yeah, the focus on stealth is practically non-existent, and Sam Fisher just isn't the same without Michael Ironside. It makes sense, I suppose. They're a business, and if they make more money pandering to the "Call of Duty bang boom explosion slow-mo flip shot" crowd then why wouldn't they? The loss of revenue from loyal fans is far surpassed by the gain from all the Michael Bay idiots out there.

De Filosoof
07-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Splinter cell died long ago.

freddie_1897
07-03-2012, 11:39 PM
Blacklist seems like AC...WAY too much like AC.
Kinda like how BioWare did with Dragon Age. Why cant Splinter Cell do it's own thing?
But too be fair, BioWare is run by EA, and EA is well...EA.
Telling the same joke twice kills it btw

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Not a joke, I never intended it too be one, it is just what I think of EA.

SSgt Carmine
07-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Splinter cell died long ago.

Chaos Theory was the best IMO, Double Agent was alright, Conviction was "meh" and it looks like Blacklist will be *gag*. It looks like an awesome game, just not an awesome Splinter Cell game. As long as I pretend it isn't supposed to be Splinter Cell, I'll enjoy it.

HaSoOoN-MHD
07-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Track and kill? running Assassinations with guns.
Bravo.

reddragonhrcro
07-04-2012, 12:13 AM
Wait wasnīt there already some talking about a SC film?