PDA

View Full Version : Text Chat suggestions

nl37tgt
06-26-2012, 02:23 PM
switching channels is pretty clunky right now in my opinion. a tabbed chat window would be more efficient and streamlined.

here's what i'm thinking, 4 tabs would cover all the major channels. out of focus tabs (the channels you're not currently viewing) blink when a new message is received. match and squad channels gray out when not in a match. whispers can be received, and replied to, on any channel and don't have their own dedicated tab.

also, an idea for the GM's. allow GM's (and devs) to hotlink to websites. primarily knowledge base articles, maybe the user created wiki, and pertinent forum posts. although, chat logging might be necessary to deter rouge GM's from pasting undesirable links.

Nitram31416
06-28-2012, 02:24 AM
I agree with this, the current chat system is not very functional, the button to switch channels is small and I didn't know what it was at first. There is also no way to lock a chat room, for example when I join a Fireteam with my friend, I'm going to talk to him in there, I don't want the Squat/Match room appearing when the match lobby is created as I still have 1 minute before the match anyway.