PDA

View Full Version : Sticky Shocker??? Looks like a P90 to me....

MAX4.19
03-03-2004, 10:35 PM
...and what the heck is an M160??? The thing I really liked about the first Splinter Cell is that the weapons was based on real-world models. This is getting to be border-line sci-fi! Say it ain't so, Pa! Say it ain't so!

MAX4.19
03-03-2004, 10:35 PM
...and what the heck is an M160??? The thing I really liked about the first Splinter Cell is that the weapons was based on real-world models. This is getting to be border-line sci-fi! Say it ain't so, Pa! Say it ain't so!

UnSaNiTy99
03-04-2004, 12:03 AM
you shoot sticky shockers, its not the gun...its called the sc-20k and even so, whats the big deal? the game will rock no matter what the heck the guns are called so stop being so picky

"You! bring me the wall street journal! And you two! fight to the death!"

-Family Guy

[This message was edited by S7N on Thu March 04 2004 at 03:07 AM.]

dw91
03-04-2004, 01:05 AM
maybe third echelon modified the p-90 to shoot non-lethal grenades and sticky shockers instead of lethal bullets...

FN57
03-04-2004, 04:48 AM
thed weapons Sam Fisher uses are real life weapons. the FN Five-seveN and the FN F2000.

The weapons the spies and mercenaries get only slightly resemble real world weapons. the Spies gun very loosly based of the FN P90 and the Mercs weapons is just a made up assault rifle with an grenade launcher.

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/FNPhil-FNweapons.jpg

LlQUIDsnip3r
03-04-2004, 04:55 AM
no acutally their prototypes still being used and tested that havnt been announced offically yet

http://www.boomspeed.com/xmidevilx/eminemLtm.gif

Kiithid
03-04-2004, 07:02 AM
sam doesn't get a P-90 nor anything that looks like one. the ShadowNet Spies get a weapon that looks like a P-90 with the butt-stock cut off. It fires sticky shocker rounds that look to recharge while not in use...

If Con is the opposite of Pro, does that make Congress the opposite of Progress?

IronLegionnaire
03-06-2004, 03:50 AM
The reason that they use fake names for RW weapons is that those weapons, and their names, are trademarked, so using them without the company's permission (read: pay them) means you could end up in civil court. If it's too expensive to gain permission to use those trademarked weapons/names in your game, you simply make up fake ones.

Anyone here play 007: Goldeneye? Twas full of RW weapons with fake names. Klobb? Try Skorpion. KF-7 Soviet? Twas the AK-47/AKM, obviously.