PDA

View Full Version : Downloading EXTREMELY slow?

Riasenpai
06-19-2012, 02:19 PM
Hey everyone.
I've been having problems downloading/patching the game client.
The problem is that I'm downloading at extremely slow speed of 33KB/s, sometimes it'll be 55KB/s, sometimes it'll be 0MB/s.
So as you can tell already, I'm not having the best of luck when it comes to just patching the game client.
So what can I do to fix this problem?
Here's my speedtest:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2017246492.png

VDEATHMASTERV
06-21-2012, 06:39 AM
yeah im stuck at 0 b/s and have downloaded 0 bytes so some sort of fix to this problem would be nice!

Cortexian0
06-21-2012, 06:46 AM
There are currently issues with the launcher and download servers. It's a known bug and the developers are working on a solution to fix it.

VDEATHMASTERV
06-22-2012, 04:55 PM
Thats nice to know and the faster you guys get it up and running the happier your cumtomers get ;)

Cortexian0
06-23-2012, 02:25 AM
Try this:

If you are having trouble downloading the client please exit the launcher, then go to your control panel and open the internet options control panel. Under the General tab, click the Delete... button under browsing history and make sure that in the resultant window Temporary Internet Files and Cookies are checked--then press delete. You may close out of Internet Options.

Click Start.
In the "Search files and folders" dialog box at the bottom of the start menu type "cmd" and press enter. (you may need to go to programs > accessories > Command Prompt and right-click the icon to run as administrator depending on your system settings).
When the command prompt is open type in the following two commands exactly as shown:

ipconfig/flushdns
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

At this point you must restart your computer.

What these commands do: The first flushes the dns resolver cache and prepares you to receive fresh dns info for everything (this is a good thing to do as regular maintenance anyway http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/smile.png ) and the second resets the tcp stack, which will eliminate a massive amount of potential connectivity issues.

If you are behind a router and are unsure of your router's firewall strictness and/or don't know how to check/configure your router, while your computer is restarting you may want to directly connect your computer to your modem, to eliminate poor NAT translation as a possible contributor to your problem.

When your computer has successfully restarted, you may open the launcher and if all went well you should see your download starting all fine and dandy http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/smile.png

I was able to download everything from home last night at 2-3MB/s through my Time Warner service, so I'm confident the service is working, but there's likely some leftover junk from the previous problem getting in the way.

If you still continue to have issues downloading you may want to consider trying to install GRO to a new directory such as *\Ubisoft\GRO-New --I'll leave it up to you whether or not to uninstall your current installation.

I hope this helps some of you get online and playing GRO. I want to specify this isn't an official fix from our tech team, this is just a series of solid troubleshooting steps derived from seeing similar issues in my many years in support and IT (prior to being your waffle-tastic Community Manager). I'm pretty confident that the above will help many of you, and if not... I tried http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/frown.png

On a serious note: we cannot recommend our users download, install, and utilize a piece of third-party software to circumvent our game tools, even if there are problems and even if the proposed work-around has positive results. If we are complicit, even due to negligence or ignorance, in allowing users to do so and something should go terribly, terribly wrong (such as somehow downloading the Internet's entire library of furry pr0n images), Ubisoft could be held liable. As such I must ask that people not post work-arounds that require any third party software (like torrent clients, no matter how legit they are). I love P2P technology and I personally feel that torrent tech is an amazing way to mass-distribute information. The low-cost/high-yield benefits of torrent technology allow independent producers and artists to deliver their creativity on a scale that previously would have been formidable, if not impossible. I state this to make it clear that the prior request was not born out of an uneducated, paranoid, or "argh those salty pirates!!" mentality. It's the game staff looking to avoid problems on any level that may place ourselves, the company, or our players in a compromising position. So I ask that everyone please bear with us as we work through these problems.

I will personally contact our TechOps team and assess the situation and poke the appropriate individuals to speed up a resolution, if one is needed.

Thank you for your passion and interest in Ghost Recon Online and I hope we can clear up our first real delivery issue sooner rather than later so you all can get to headshotting instead of mucking about with torrent clients and pulling your hair out (whatever's left of it) in supreme frustration.

Cheers!

[UBI]ChemZero

Ghost Recon Online
Community Manager

Cortexian0
06-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Also this:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/685704-Having-download-problems-READ-THIS!