PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Combat...?

Compassghost
06-13-2012, 06:49 PM
I have no idea what this is. I was told by a follower to sign up for this random beta and I was like OKAY. So I apparently got in.

From what I can tell, I've basically enlisted to a COD4 clone, complete with gore mode.

What have I done?! X_X

SinGamingZone
06-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Link?

Compassghost
06-13-2012, 06:55 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUf0u76C0HA

I don't even know... I just want to laugh at the absurdity of it all. Apparently, there's also a loot system. You get guns that fall on the ground, and you roll on guns at the end of the game. If the beta is out, I'll probably stream it simply for the laughs. Standard list of guns from every major game in the past year.

SinGamingZone
06-13-2012, 06:59 PM
You were right, the weapons, the graphics even THE MAPS look like Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare or Modern Warfare 2.
The weapons' sounds are terrible IMO.
I actually looked up a video about the game, I'm not joking I'm absolutely serious, I thought it was CoD, here is the link. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHJ6Azrz-vw)

I don't know.. they only did one thing well, it is Free to Play, so CoD fans who couldn't afford CoD will be happy and play it with a really bit of a change.

I'm looking forward to those laugh-fests what You'll stream!

Best wishes,
Sinful

Compassghost
06-13-2012, 07:08 PM
"This is a SCAR." I know what that is.
"This is a UMP-45" I know what that is.
"This is an M4A1" I know what that is.
"This is an AK-74M" I know what that is.

The thing that piques my interest is the loot system and the gore system, which appears over the top hilarious.

Edit - Bahahaha there's a flamethrower.

Watching the M4 reload makes my head hurt.

Turning the gun 45 degrees clockwise and then sticking the mag in, what?

SinGamingZone
06-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Yeah, it seems this is just a typical CoD ripoff (not that CoD is good) and it is even worse than CoD. Well actually from the gameplay trailer I got that there will be game modes and huge maps like in BF3, so this is getting worse and worse.

CoD + BF3 + awful physics and such.

Well, we'll see.

Try not to laugh too much while You stream, it can result in serious aim reduction!

Best wishes,
Sinful

Compassghost
06-13-2012, 07:17 PM
AFAIK, those vehicles are call-ins a la CoD4 Killstreaks. Watching the AT-4 being used for helicopters and people, but the only tank being in the infographic was :skeptical:

Edit, here's how I found out I was accepted.

http://image.webzen.net/AC/event/20120611_pass_em/img_em_01.jpg

I am now part of Task Force 613. *seriousbznz*

Time to... BE THE VETERAN.

PS, I remember answering questions for this.

They asked about how often you played shooters, what you played, what you found most important in first person shooters (Gameplay was not one of the choices, but graphics was).

It also asked players to rank their skill levels from like New, Intermediate, Expert, Master. Yes, it actually said MASTER. No, I did not select MASTER. I selected Expert. I'm not too full of it yet.

SinGamingZone
06-13-2012, 07:22 PM
AFAIK, those vehicles are call-ins a la CoD4 Killstreaks. Watching the AT-4 being used for helicopters and people, but the only tank being in the infographic was :skeptical:

Edit, here's how I found out I was accepted.

pic

I am now part of Task Force 613. *seriousbznz*

Time to... BE THE VETERAN.

Well, think about it, the picture clearly says that ' Be prepared for the worst... ', enough said.

We shall see how the game will succeed or fail.

Best wishes,
Sinful

LovelessMemory
06-13-2012, 09:24 PM
Haha~! You should have seen the name of that thing when it was in CBT. Good god that was a mouthful.

But COD4 clone it is. Basically Call of Duty: Free to Play. Even the gun sounds sound like they were ripped from COD.

Freelancer852
06-13-2012, 09:37 PM
If it was actually Arctic Combat I might be interested.

innoinno
06-13-2012, 11:00 PM
I hate to say it but that game looks pretty fun!

Freelancer852
06-13-2012, 11:51 PM
Did you like Call of Duty? Cause it's just that, except worse.

IMO, not fun at all.

Compassghost
06-14-2012, 02:33 AM
Prepping stream for lulz twitch.tv/compassghost

elke_10
06-14-2012, 06:21 PM
I am also in this game and i lasted a whole 15 minutes before i thought of uninstalling. I might give it another go tonight. I think the Roll for prizes is ******ed as it only goes towards the 1st place player of the 2 teams.<<<<(this will be the end of the game as average or noobies will get all ragey and leave the game as this benefits good to pppl that live FPS to level faster and get all the rolls) So if your not in first place all the time you get nothing. Around the maps are items like airstrikes,flamethowers which are way OP( so OP you dont even have to aim just get moderately close and its insta death), and stationary M249, and a rocket launcher. The sounds blow other then the loud WTF! when you die makes me laugh but gets annoying after time. Gore is over the top cartoonish, maps blow. It's major run and gun. In all honesty if i was stuck between COD,AVA or arctic combat i would play AVA constantly. This game sorta reminds me of Project Blackout minus the dinos.

I must admit their trailers and story line makes the game seem great till you play it then go WTF they aren't even close to what they were trailering

Compassghost
06-14-2012, 06:28 PM
I tried to stream it. It didn't work. The music was really good, but nothing else was.

Freelancer852
06-14-2012, 11:52 PM
Called it.

That loot system sounds like it will drive some people to suicide.

Tecness0
06-14-2012, 11:55 PM
I would be playing, but the "GAME START" button doesn't work for me, so I searched for a fix and eventually found a fix on their facebook. They don't have a forum or a support site for AC.... AND After I hotfixed, I found out that it is timed and just ****ing ended -_-.

Compassghost
06-15-2012, 12:27 AM
Internet Explorer

Tecness0
06-15-2012, 12:40 AM
Who the hell uses IE? I uninstalled that crap an hour after I got my laptop. ANYWAYS. Finally got it working. If you want to play this game, I suggest you go download A.V.A. or Combat Arms, both are superiorly better and have more functions...like being able to alt tab ingame (YOU CAN'T DO THAT)

JDCAce
06-15-2012, 02:45 AM
Who the hell uses IE? I uninstalled that crap an hour after I got my laptop.

Slightly off topic:
What happens when you try to open a link in the GRO launcher? It opens in IE for me regardless of what is set as my default browser.

Tecness0
06-15-2012, 04:52 AM
Slightly off topic:
What happens when you try to open a link in the GRO launcher? It opens in IE for me regardless of what is set as my default browser.

Absolutely nothing. I literally uninstalled IE completely from my computer.

Freelancer852
06-15-2012, 06:01 AM
Yeah, lots of programs that rely on Visual Basic and Visual Studio require IE to be installed... I'm actually surprised you haven't had more issues with various things.

stratgic35_ubi.
06-30-2012, 02:15 AM
The game play does ring a bell of COD, however the weapon sounds were not ripped off. If you play GR Advanced Warfighter 2 for PS3 you'll find the weapons very well developed from sound to background to fuction. Future soldier was an update of that game improving on the multiplayer and differing the campaign feel. It doesn't have the same qualities, however as the Adv. War. 2 which I miss, but I think the online is a more engaging for me than COD (and AW 2) and it is harder for a gamer who likes strategic gaming to get bored as you are forced to use more strategy and you actually get rewarded for teamwork (I think) The ability to win and spend Uplay points is cool as long as you can still unlock stuff by merely playing the game, and the online links in the game menu are convenient and nessesary to maintain your uplay account. I don't like signing up for things a lot, but this may prove to add interest to the game, and other games if other gaming companies follow suit.

SakuyaFM
07-03-2012, 02:13 AM
TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE.

It was good when the KR release came out, but the Global release is just atrocious.