PDA

View Full Version : Request for developers in SC: Blacklist

AltitudeStriker
06-11-2012, 06:15 AM
I have a request for the game devs to think over. Can we have better 3rd party mod support? I don't know if Ubi can or would be willing to take the same approach like Valve did for Half Life 2+, but I wanted to ask anyway.

Jazz117Volkov
06-11-2012, 07:07 AM
I'd love the to be able to reskin and model swap!

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-11-2012, 07:23 AM
I'd LOVE to download user made missions. OMGGGG But that'd only be for PC version...sighhhh

harbi-117
06-11-2012, 07:38 AM
Imagine if SC Blacklist has the same level editor Far Cry 2 (console) has... oh wow, Blacklist would never die

EDIT:
the level editor for Far Cry 2 (on 360) was only for multiplayer... but SC Blacklist got unscripted A.I. so... UBISOFT... MAKE IT HAPPEN

Jazz117Volkov
06-11-2012, 07:49 AM
afaik SvM used to have a level editor--I think that should return.
Would be neat if they gave us one for D-Ops... thought, it'd take a bit of messing around to get all the NPC spawn point right

harbi-117
06-11-2012, 07:59 AM
^ I'm already picturing a custom Deniable Ops map that I would like to create...

with lots of guards, dogs, regular cameras, thermal cameras, lasers, mines, turrets, locked doors, hackable keypads, retinal scanners, pressure sensitive plates that lights an area (Whitebox-Conviction style) and broken glass everywhere while disabling the Sonar goggles and primary weapons from the D-Ops menu options...

that would be the ultimate test for any Splinter Cell gamer lol

AltitudeStriker
06-11-2012, 09:10 AM
afaik SvM used to have a level editor--I think that should return.
Would be neat if they gave us one for D-Ops... thought, it'd take a bit of messing around to get all the NPC spawn point right

I'm thinking much more than just level editing. I want entire mod creation capabilities. Do devs even check these forums?

Jazz117Volkov
06-11-2012, 09:30 AM
^ yeah, the devs do check these forums
Our community dev is pretty frequent on here atm (maybe you noticed?)

In any case, I'm just sharing what would make me happy.

mateus99
06-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Oh man im already thinking if the game had user created content..imagine the usermade campaings,skins,mods
THE GAME WOULD BE AWESOME.

AltitudeStriker
06-11-2012, 10:23 AM
^ yeah, the devs do check these forums
Our community dev is pretty frequent on here atm (maybe you noticed?)

In any case, I'm just sharing what would make me happy.

Tru tru. I didn't. Lol. Sup Jazz. I assumed devs would have fancy identifier tags that say dev, not senior. I emailed Worldwide Corporate. Official word is not enough time for PM's to implement and meet the launch date.

I don't get it. I've been following this particular series since the first Splinter Cell. I've always been impressed by it and even considered real-life Spec Forces on multiple occasions. I just never really understood why SC has very little 3rd party custom mod support. There are so many competing game titles and companies that have stronger fan bases because they have good 3rd party mod supports. Novalogic, Valve, Bungie... the list is endless.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-11-2012, 11:14 AM
If the console version could at least DOWNLOAD skins and mods from the internet...that'd be soooo cool... :C

shobhit7777777
06-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Oh HELL YES!

I'd love to share simple missions with friends. Tweakable mission objectives, AI placements and basic level designing tools.....SB replayability = Infinite

sameer_monier
06-11-2012, 01:45 PM
I think they would be better addressed to Ubisoft ?!, I mean if they give the developers even more resources then yeah they can add alot, but if Ubi doesn't, then I don't want us to end up blaming the developers for not doing something they could have done.