PDA

View Full Version : Are the true tactical players going to get screwed again.

zack991
06-10-2012, 01:59 PM

Ten24.NarcSgt
06-10-2012, 03:07 PM
Well......................is UBI going to treat this game like their new Ghost Recon FS? If so.......YES........

Is UBI gonna add dedicated server file to this game? The only way to keep it on for the long haul and also sell expansion packs!

zack991
06-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Sorry I had a whole thing nice and typed out, but I had brought up another game I am extremely excited about discussing that if UbisoftI was willing to do the following as Ground Branch is they would have their hardcore gamers back. When I had it down it sound like I was spamming the game and I am not looking to get banned. Since I did not save my personal post, below is why I am so excited about the good possibility of there being another true tactical shooter. IDK why UBI is refusing to add these or some of features to their game and everyone would been happy.

REVIVING A GENRE: We are not creating an arcade game; nor are we competing with titles that model "War", like Armed Assault. The closest two working examples of what we are trying to accomplish are the Unreal Tournament modification, Infiltration (INF), and the early Ghost Recon titles (think of our game as sort of the marriage of those two, if that explains it in a sentence). We are focused on creating a tactical shooter that focuses on the realistic aspects of player combat and movement. Those mechanics mean more to us than pure scale (ArmA).
IMMEDIATE ACCESS TO ALL CONTENT (NO KILLSTREAKS, UNLOCKS OR LEVELING): You will have access to all of the weapons and gear, right off the bat.No DLC / Content restrictions, ever. Player skill will be determined by commitment to mastering the weapons, just as much as with their ability to assess, plan and execute strategies with their teams. The reward for playing our game, is a genuine sense of accomplishment.
FUNCTIONAL REALISTIC DETAILS: Weapons and ballistics (including feet per second, bullet drop and simulated wind) are accurately represented. Certain rounds are capable of penetrating various materials, and fragmentation grenades actually produce physical shrapnel, rather than relying upon a generic "kill radius" circular deadzone that most titles use. These dynamic elements add a level of strategy to the game, not found in other titles.
GEAR AND WEAPON CUSTOMIZATION: This is not merely cosmetic -- your choices have a direct effect in game. Some examples include: Varying Levels of Body Armor (provides protection, but has more weight and bulk); Weapon Suppressors (provide reduced shot noise but make weapons more unwieldy in close quarters, and reduce the speed and penetrative capabilities of the projectile). These different effects are all based on real-life properties without any artificial balancing. Players also get to completely customize the look and function of their characters, right down to the number (and type) of pouches and the amount of ammunition they want to carry. The only "limitation" is that teams will be assigned a camo pattern by the server admin, on a per-map basis.
TACTICAL REALISM (A DEPENDABLE SET OF RULES): We have a group of actual combat operators assisting us with nailing the design."If you couldn't do it in the real world, you can't do it here; and it's not just 'could you do it', but also, 'would you do it'," No bunny-hopping tactics, dolphin-diving headshots or dual-wielding arcade gameplay. There is no "Hip Fire", and you can cancel a reload cycle at any time to switch to your secondary weapon. Movement is restricted by real-world limitations (based on feedback from our military advisers, as well as our mantra "you have a spine" -- meaning that you can't lay prone and spin 360 degrees, instantaneously). Things like gear weight and fatigue are taken into consideration. Your gear selection, spacial awareness, route choices, team plan, training and execution will all play into your success or failure.
METHODICAL GAMEPLAY: Players must work and train together, learn to identify friendlies from tangos, communicate over VoIP, and adapt to unexpected scenarios (grenade physics are a blessing and a curse), and learn to respect their opponents. Training maps and exercises (shooting ranges, obstacle courses, in-game armories and a "Kill House" for practicing building entries) will be provided to address many of the scenarios players will face in the combat maps.
NO ARTIFICIAL BALANCING: Using our "NORG" Philosophy (see below), we provide the realistic world, and players are given a fair playing field. Weapons and gear are implemented, indiscriminately, and their respected real-world pros and cons will be modeled. For example: while a Light Machine Gun (LMG) like the M249 provides an "unfair" advantage to a carbine (like the M4) in terms of amount of ammunition and pure firepower, it is extremely heavy and unwieldy, making it unfavorable to use in CQB, and inaccurate while standing and moving. Think of it as a natural game of "Rock, Paper, Scissors". We have a saying "bring the right tool for the job". Instead of implementing things like ammunition restrictions, Class Slot Limitations or conefire (randomized projectiles within a decaying radius), we are focused on the effects of the weapons platforms on the player (Is their view restricted? Is it difficult to carry?).
NO SERVER-SIDE "CLASS" RESTRICTIONS: We don't want players fighting over the "Sniper Slot", and teamkilling / griefing someone over a weapon. Ground Branch operatives do not operate like your typical military force (like in the US Army, for example), so this gives us a create "free pass" to bypass an annoying system. Clans are encouraged to create their own squads, with the correct roles for the right situation.
NON-LINEAR GAME DESIGN: No scripted "monster closets" or corridor shooting. Maps have open designs and include plenty of open terrain as well as structures/buildings with multiple entry points and routes. We are even working on game types that will randomly block or allow access to certain routes, so that no two back-to-back rounds are identical. The matches will be as dynamic as your strategies allow.
REALISTIC HEALTH SYSTEM: No regenerating health here. Our system allows a player to bandage a non-life-threatening wound, however you will not be able to regain health at any time in a match though, only stop it from getting worse. Respawns will depend on the game mode and server settings.
WOUNDING SYSTEM: Not everyone comes out clean. Depending on what kind of projectile hits you, the speed of it, your body armor coverage, or the location of impact in your body (vitals, non-vital areas), your player will be effected. Wounds modify in-game abilities by various degrees. Adverse effects like stumbling if shot while running, staggering and limping when wounded, directly effect your combat effectiveness in game.
MORE THAN DEATHMATCH: Not everyone cares for basic deathmatch, and needs a bit of strategy to have fun. Good News: Our main gametype is a variation of "Assault", where one team defends and protects a series of objectives, while the other attacks and attempts to gain ground. This gametype is included to provide a challenge to players, by forcing them to come up with dynamic strategies against a dynamic opponent.
SERVER TOOLS: Players will be able to host servers however and wherever they want. Admins will have control over camo patterns, gear availability, allowed weaponry, and basically every other setting we can think of or support. We miss this amount of player customization, and we support it. Period.
MOD SUPPORT: As far as we're concerned: modding is the lifeblood of PC gaming. Full modding support will be available very soon after launch. We are committed to supporting the mod community to the best of our abilities, for the lifetime of the product, and look forward to the content our community will create. We will not only support it in the sense that the engine is capable of it, but we will go out of our way to provide various asset libraries, and we will showcase quality mods on our website.

DEA31
06-11-2012, 12:34 AM
Just get in it in your head that ubisoft is most likely gunna change the formula by dumbing down the game to make it more accessible for the casual gamer, they did it with splinter cell conviction (i personally liked the that game, I liked the new approach), they ruined GRFS ( that game isnt fun imo in terms of MP, SP was alrite but the games as a whole was dissappointing) and since they did it with both of the other games all signs say they will do it with R6P which is sad

Rainbow six is my favourite tom clancy series and I enjoyed both vegas's, im not a hardcore fan cuz i didn't play the previous titles but i would like to experience the tactical play style alot of the OG fans claim is missing in this generation of games

I also feel that alot of the OG fans are sorta buthurt that games are changing its as if you guys feel ubisoft owes you something, you guys are just gunna have to get over the fact that when it come to making money vs pleasing the hardcore fans companies will always go with the money option which is dumbing the game down so it is accessible to a broader audience which results in better sales

HHH2986
06-11-2012, 11:05 AM
As long as it resembles the R6 franchise i will be happy, I'm sure there will be loads of rubbish in there as that's the casual watered down gamer approach nowadays.

zachanscom
06-12-2012, 12:28 PM
if you haven't learned by now, you never will. when was the last time ubisoft made a realistic tactical shooter? seriously, posting wishlists on their forum hasn't changed their minds in the past, why do you think it'll work for their latest title?

it's getting pathetic. if you're getting served humble pie, who go back for 2nds, 3rds and even 4ths? get it through your head, ubisoft is targetting the mainstream market for profit, they don't give a **** about you people.

zachanscom
06-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Just get in it in your head that ubisoft is most likely gunna change the formula by dumbing down the game to make it more accessible for the casual gamer, they did it with splinter cell conviction (i personally liked the that game, I liked the new approach), they ruined GRFS ( that game isnt fun imo in terms of MP, SP was alrite but the games as a whole was dissappointing) and since they did it with both of the other games all signs say they will do it with R6P which is sad

Rainbow six is my favourite tom clancy series and I enjoyed both vegas's, im not a hardcore fan cuz i didn't play the previous titles but i would like to experience the tactical play style alot of the OG fans claim is missing in this generation of games

I also feel that alot of the OG fans are sorta buthurt that games are changing its as if you guys feel ubisoft owes you something, you guys are just gunna have to get over the fact that when it come to making money vs pleasing the hardcore fans companies will always go with the money option which is dumbing the game down so it is accessible to a broader audience which results in better sales

if you want to see the original tactical gameplay, just support groundbranch

Omega1USCG
06-21-2012, 04:19 AM
if you haven't learned by now, you never will. when was the last time ubisoft made a realistic tactical shooter? seriously, posting wishlists on their forum hasn't changed their minds in the past, why do you think it'll work for their latest title?

it's getting pathetic. if you're getting served humble pie, who go back for 2nds, 3rds and even 4ths? get it through your head, ubisoft is targetting the mainstream market for profit, they don't give a **** about you people.

It's discouraging that you call us 'you people', as if you aren't included in the disappointed fan base. That makes you one of two things. Either you are one of the 'mainstream' that they are targeting, or worse, you have simply given up hope. While I agree that it's probably a snowball's chance in hell that we'll ever see anything but glittery dog **** from Ubisoft anymore, I still reserve my feelings for the franchise as it was. Tom Clancy used to mean something on a title, now it's a joke. You put out garbage new games like HAWX and End War with the Clancy title, and now the credibility of it is gone. Rainbow Six used to stand on it's own, as a strong IP. It had a great following, and a dedicated fan base. Now, it is simply seen as 'one of those other games that is shadowed by CoD and BF', Look at a game that doesn't conform to everyone's mainstream BS: ARMA. They have a great following, and have since Op:Flashpoint. Is it on the same level as CoD? No, but why should it be? They aren't trying to market to the masses at the cost of selling the soul of their series. They are trying to advance the Milsim genre in its own right, like Rainbow Six SHOULD have done with tactical shooters.

Here's my tip for UBI. If everyone wanted to just play CoD, they would all just buy CoD. Why would they buy a CoD clone if they can just play the real deal? The only way to make the Rainbow Six name a contender again, is to truly define the genre of a tactical first person shooter again, like the original did. There are a lot of people that like to think when they play shooting games, and want to truly feel like they are getting glimpse into the world of the guys that do it. The original R6 did that. You actually had to think about what routes you would take, where you would insert, what tools you would use, etc. You had to move to the target location without alerting the tangos, or hostages would die. Give us a game that makes us feel like the international elite team that are described in the book. The operating word there is TEAM. If I don't get to control a full 8 man squad like I did in the original, at least give us more depth of field like you did in the first mission of R6V2 where you had more than just your element working the mission. You had another squad moving through and clearing as well. That's at least realistic. Having 3 guys take down a militant army that took over Las Vegas is stupid.

I truly hope this next game is ground breaking. The story telling model seems much closer to the book's style, where you see everything from different perspectives. That is encouraging. What would make it even better, is if the gameplay styles WERE totally different between the different characters. For the Rainbow missions, you get the full tactical control like you would have, being able to control at least a squad of 4 (let me repeat that FOUR including yourself) members. Even if you could just give commands to groups of two a la the first SOCOM game, it is essential that you have someone to back you up on a room entry. Ask any operator, and they'll tell you that a one man room entry is a death sentence, because you can't cover your six. Then, for the terrorist missions, if they have any, have it be more along the lines of a normal FPS, where you are simply being told where to go and what to do, because you are just a pawn in their game anyways.

Ramzanox
07-25-2012, 01:47 AM
probably going to be a crap console port for pc :(

HenriqueRainbow
07-25-2012, 12:14 PM
probably going to be a crap console port for pc :(

There´s something troubling me with that....

If the PCs have more hardware capacity, and a larger fanbase....make the freaking PC version first....then port a crappier version of it to the consoles.
A great example of how Console to PC ports are pure crap: Halo 2....a great game, i played it in a friends X360, then went buying the PC version and what did i find out: String issues, No Controller Detected problems, etc....

Luckily i have DOSBox to play older FPS like DOOM, Quake, Wolfenstein.

goblingee
07-25-2012, 04:20 PM
As long as it resembles the R6 franchise i will be happy, I'm sure there will be loads of rubbish in there as that's the casual watered down gamer approach nowadays.

Sorry, I am confused, when you say "resembles the R6 franchise" do you mean go even further down hill from the original, release a broken game and then 5 years later still don't patch it?

I am not being funny but that seems like a strange request to me.

This is not a dig at you HHH2986;8378383 it is frustration at UBI