PDA

View Full Version : I want my money back!

oneofseven777
06-08-2012, 06:14 AM
******SPOILER ALERT*****

The MR8 weapon they were using in the 2010 E3 video and others is not in the game. Most of the weapons used are available right now and have been for years. Where is all the Mechs! No Mechs except one level with the WarHound. Even the 25 minute movie "Alpha" had Mechs and the MR8. Where are the shoulder rockets? The bad guys can see you easily, even with the camo. Why have the camo if they can see you as well as if you did not even have it. And The ending really stinks, No Epic Ending! This game was delayed numerous times and the anticipation was building. That usually means technical issues. Then I heard it was delayed once to tone down the sci-fi elements. That is what they were SELLING us!! It was sold to us as a very futuristic epic shooter. Its no more futuristic than MW3. I was really disappointed. I wish I could get my money back. I even bought a map pack that's not even released yet. Let's not get into the Multiplayer issues. And that is something I really like playing. Maybe Black Ops 2 will give us what this one didn't. I hope I did not offend Tom Clancy game Fans. I've been one since Rainbox Six 1. Peace!

HBIFM
06-08-2012, 06:47 AM
******SPOILER ALERT*****

The MR8 weapon they were using in the 2010 E3 video and others is not in the game. Most of the weapons used are available right now and have been for years. Where is all the Mechs! No Mechs except one level with the WarHound. Even the 25 minute movie "Alpha" had Mechs and the MR8. Where are the shoulder rockets? The bad guys can see you easily, even with the camo. Why have the camo if they can see you as well as if you did not even have it. And The ending really stinks, No Epic Ending! This game was delayed numerous times and the anticipation was building. That usually means technical issues. Then I heard it was delayed once to tone down the sci-fi elements. That is what they were SELLING us!! It was sold to us as a very futuristic epic shooter. Its no more futuristic than MW3. I was really disappointed. I wish I could get my money back. I even bought a map pack that's not even released yet. Let's not get into the Multiplayer issues. And that is something I really like playing. Maybe Black Ops 2 will give us what this one didn't. I hope I did not offend Tom Clancy game Fans. I've been one since Rainbox Six 1. Peace!

you can get your money back, it's called a return at the retail store you bought it from.

That said, Black Ops 2 is going to blow. It's MW3 with a different theme, just like MW3 is Black Ops (same engine, etc) with a different theme.

So far, this game is better than I was expecting, considering the history of the past ghost recon games, this is by far the first decent one I've played since the original on the PS2.

morika
06-08-2012, 06:54 AM
That is what they were SELLING us!!

It's what you thought they were selling you, which is wrong. The title refers to the Future Soldier project currently employed by the US military, there is nothing futuristic about it at all. Augmented Reality and interconnectivity. Do developers really need to start sticking "Games may appear less shiny upon release" stickers on E3 promotional footage now? I can only assume your moniker refers to which brain cell decided this was a valid complaint.

Nexolate
06-08-2012, 07:34 AM
This might surprise you but games can change radically from E3 demos which are almost 2 years old!
Perhaps, and this is only a thought, you should look at some media for the product before you buy it next time.

Regards,
Nexo

GRFSisAletdown
06-08-2012, 08:17 AM
This man lost all credibility by saying he wants black ops 2. Shut down this thread. But i will say this is the biggest let down of my life and i also want my money back.

HarleqES
06-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Interestingly, Ghost Recon Online actually IS strikingly similar to the stuff that was teased in the past for this title. And that game is planned for a PC, and then later next-gen consoles, release. I think ultimately what happened is that to get this game out of development hell and off the development table, they scrapped all the high-end plans and basically re-focused to a more, erm... "likely to actually hit the market sometime in the next decade" type of title. GRFS really should have been scrapped a few years ago, but Ubi was already too highly commited to back out.

Travo0159
06-08-2012, 10:34 AM
games don't have a lemon law like cars, too bad for ur monies homie

HBIFM
06-08-2012, 03:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEbTe1GBIIQ for the OP.

Now, let the thread die.

Compassghost
06-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Interestingly, Ghost Recon Online actually IS strikingly similar to the stuff that was teased in the past for this title. And that game is planned for a PC, and then later next-gen consoles, release. I think ultimately what happened is that to get this game out of development hell and off the development table, they scrapped all the high-end plans and basically re-focused to a more, erm... "likely to actually hit the market sometime in the next decade" type of title. GRFS really should have been scrapped a few years ago, but Ubi was already too highly commited to back out.

Ghost Recon Online is only planned for PC and Wii U at the moment. That, and GRO is moving along quite well in terms of progression.