PDA

View Full Version : Any upcoming games that are like the first 3 Splinter Cell's?

sam260689
06-05-2012, 12:37 PM
It's obvious that Splinter Cell is becoming a completely different game to what attracted many of us to it in the first place. I can accept that. For Ubisoft, gaming is business; it's all about money - so if there's more demand for an action game than a stealth game, they will of course make the action game. As I said, this is business for them.

Whilst stealth games are popular with people on this board, most people are far more interested in action. We stealth fans are just too small a niche for the game we want to be a massively profitable one for ubi. If that were not the case, ubi would probably allow some of the big posting forum members to get involved in SC game development. Point is, there simply aren't enough stealth fans to make it worth their while financially.

I've admitted defeat with splinter cell now. I loved the first 3, and also the old-gen version of double agent, and I'll just have to play those again if I want stealth. But what I really came here to ask is, do you know of any other game series coming through that provide realistic stealth? Thief is medievil, the character in Metal Gear isn't even human, Hitman isn't stealth in my book. Are there any upcoming or recent stealth games in the same mould as SC's 1,2 and 3?

kalle90
06-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Xlink Kai or something + classic SvM and co-op

Stealth gaming is a joke now. It's like some person said action-RPG is worthless definition now that nearly all RPGs are action exclusing MMOs.

qJohnnyp
06-05-2012, 12:44 PM
Dishonored and Thi4f are what most stealth fans are looking forward to now. MAYBE that kickstarter thing Republique.

Jamsedreng22
06-05-2012, 04:20 PM
Hitman: Absolution

Si1entDark
06-05-2012, 04:29 PM
@OP

You should really give Deus Ex: Human Revolution a playthrough. It's like a first person metal gear solid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcSQ943wLOQ&feature=related

The_5_Freedoms
06-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Hitman: Absolution
That's some nice reading comprehension you got there.

Hitman isn't stealth in my book.

Jamsedreng22
06-05-2012, 04:33 PM
How I love newcomers. The joke obviously went above your head. Welcome to the forums.

newhenpal
06-05-2012, 04:35 PM
It probably won't happen anytime soon, and when it does, the game will take a minimalist approach to light-shadow stealth and without a doubt will encourage gamers to brutally kill, but you may want to keep your eyes open for the possible release of Manhunt 3.

The_5_Freedoms
06-05-2012, 04:35 PM
How I love newcomers. The joke obviously went above your head.
Joke?

Welcome to the forums.
Thanks. It's good to be here.

Jamsedreng22
06-05-2012, 04:43 PM
Joke?

Thanks. It's good to be here.

Back in the day when I used to be active, it was more or less an uninteded joke, to never pick up on the actual subject, yet provide feedback anyway.

The_5_Freedoms
06-05-2012, 06:10 PM
Back in the day when I used to be active, it was more or less an uninteded joke, to never pick up on the actual subject, yet provide feedback anyway.
Oh, I see. An inside-joke. ;)

mortpenguin
06-05-2012, 07:19 PM

Just ignore him. This newcomer and shobhit are just refusing to partake in meaningful discussion and instead hating on people who dislike certain aspects of the game, thinking that this game deserves everyone's love for every single feature.

It's sad when you realise that the development team is choosing to listen to these forumers instead of hearing out constructive feedback from people who have actually played the game since 2002 and have been here on the forums for many years - the people whom Beland calls ''3 forumers who are dangerous'.

Knot3D
06-05-2012, 08:35 PM
The Last of Us : http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-the-last-of/731120

Slower paced - few weapons/resources / Traversing multiple terrains which can be like a kinetic puzzle.

It certainly has this super tension of being outnumbered / against all odds.

Paragon57
06-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Skyrim. It's not modern, but the stealth in it is actually incredibly well done. Use a bow, and sneak through - and you'll feel like Classic Fisher.

sameer_monier
06-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Just ignore him. This newcomer and shobhit are just refusing to partake in meaningful discussion and instead hating on people who dislike certain aspects of the game, thinking that this game deserves everyone's love for every single feature.

It's sad when you realise that the development team is choosing to listen to these forumers instead of hearing out constructive feedback from people who have actually played the game since 2002 and have been here on the forums for many years - the people whom Beland calls ''3 forumers who are dangerous'.

WOW, I don't think anyone is hating on people, especially Shobhit, he have been in discussions for so long, on different matters about SC, he never offended anyone, though let's be honest some fans are just hating on the game (& I don't mind, each to his own), but by hating they close any sort of possible discussions.

These forumers as you call them, stayed here, discussed alot of things, and always tried to make better suggestions for SC6, while you weren't seen that often if at all, also those people played the game since 2002 too, just cause they like SCC & SCBL more doesn't make them any less of a fan than you, believe it or not some people actually love Agrro Stealth and Fast Paced Stealth.

Respect other members instead of judging them, know that your opinion isn't the only one, and is just an opinion not a fact.

AGENTxxxxx47
06-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Hitman is most certainly stealth when achieving silent assassin ratings , it's social stealth in that no one knows who you actually are because of disguise or environmental manipulations and the deaths are often masked as accidents and/or poisoned sushi (the puffer fish is naturally poisonous) in Japan you need a special license to make sushi from this fish , in one mission Agent 47 manipulates the sushi to include the glands from a puffer fish while the sushi chef is distracted , the chef was already preparing sushi from an actual puffer fish , the target later died after consuming the sushi and Hitman walks out casually from the mission, you could have simply killed everyone in the mission , but the puffer fish poison option is pure stealth brilliance

Since the puffer fish is already being prepared by the chef as sushi , then there's no reason to believe foul play is involved , investigators would simply think that the sushi chef made a mistake and did not remove enough of the poisoned glands to not cause harm to the target.

This is stealth at it's finest if you ask me , make it look like an accident , have the blame on someone else and calmly walk out of the mission area in a nice suit.

Hitman you often sneak crouch as well out sight from patrols,similar to Splinter Cell.

Dishonored is being made by guys who love stealth gaming and will reward players who choose stealthy approaches, the developers constantly talk about their love for the Thief series. While it's not sandbox , each mission is like a sandbox where you can infiltrate as you choose.

WatchDog looks fantastic I can see some stealthy elements in the gameplay demo. But it looks like it's possibly for next gen consoles, that demo must be on PC.

PeaceMaker_101
06-05-2012, 10:51 PM
I guess the one positive thing that I see in the disappearance of a genre, like stealth or adventure, is that it can push you to explore other genres that you may have not given enough attention before. "Disappearance" is actually not as accurate as the word "decline" because it is technically next to impossible for a genre to die out completely. Chances are that we'll still see some sleeper hits from time to time.

When things are bad enough already in a particular genre, you know that the only thing you can really do about it is go and play some different games and hope for the best, seeing how fan feedback (no matter what) never really guarantees that an existing franchise will move in the direction of the fans who were there from the very start. In time, hopefully, you can return after a long hiatus and once again appreciate what is there in any genre.

Justin-x
06-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Dishonored, Far Cry 3 (you can apparently stealth most of the game), and Hitman (this is a choice whether you like it or not). My personal choice that I would add if we were just talking about stealth though is SGW2.

MrGoogleGuy
02-03-2013, 09:27 AM
The manhunt series is very nice...full game is about stelth..and too much fun...but i should say there are some nude scenes of man ans womens...but overall manhunt 1 and 2 are very nice

MrGoogleGuy
02-03-2013, 09:31 AM
:confused:

MrGoogleGuy
02-03-2013, 09:31 AM
just have sex..better than games