RaulO4
06-04-2012, 06:28 PM
so who coming for the funeral for Sc?

Stealthgamer001
06-04-2012, 06:34 PM
Did anyone catch that? "Hold to pick up body"

Andre202
06-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Yes I have seen it but the prompt comes on a very ridicolous position. Seems to be buggy.

shobhit7777777
06-04-2012, 06:38 PM
BTW Variable speed is back...check out the difference in crouch walk speed just before the Sonar Ping and the Motion Execute and then after, when Sam climbs up the big *** mountain..its faster.

Oh and you can pick up bodies as well..."hold X to pick up body"

NightGhost1994
06-04-2012, 06:39 PM
I'm enjoying watching this game

BTW Variable speed is back...check out the difference in crouch walk speed just before the Sonar Ping and the Motion Execute and then after, when Sam climbs up the big *** mountain..its faster.
Yes, more options, faster execution...
Have you noticed that you can press a jump key while moving from cover to cover to jump over it?

Andre202
06-04-2012, 06:42 PM

Oh and you can pick up bodies as well..."hold X to pick up body"
I have noticed that, doesn't make the unnecessary forced special circumstances better. They could make it the way that it won't trigger if you are Stealthy enough but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Other then that, they didn't give a thing about showing of new features (which are actually old features). They just showed more or less the same as they did in the E3 demo 2009. Yeah we see now a lot more is in there but this video doesn't really calm me down at all.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-04-2012, 06:46 PM
RIP.

Also...really? Golden vision? You've got to be kidding me. This is so freaking stupid and ridiculous. *EDIT* He never wanted moving bodies in SCC, I guarantee that. smh.

CoastalGirl
06-04-2012, 06:49 PM
I haven't seen enough to judge it just yet. I like some of it (bringing back luring and body moving = yay), but that's a whole lotta shooting in broad daylight...

Fingers crossed that there are nighttime missions, and that D-Ops returns.

qJohnnyppp
06-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Unless they either show us proper stealth, including a night mission with a lighting meter and knocking out, NOT KILLING enemies at this E3, we can safely assume this game will not be worth our time.
Also, Spy vs Mercs better have none of that ****.

oh, and that suit looks ******ed

SC1985
06-04-2012, 06:52 PM
No Ironside is a disappointment indeed, but we should have all seen this coming as far as gameplay is concerned. This definitely has GRFS and Assassin's Creed written all over it but there are old school Splinter Cell moves and tactics here. I'm sure there will be night mission's in this game. And they've done what I was hoping they'd do, go back to the geopolitics theme. It's not Chaos Theory but it still looks good. I'll be pre-ordering.

NightGhost1994
06-04-2012, 06:53 PM
Also...really? Golden vision? You've got to be kidding me. This is so freaking stupid and ridiculous. *EDIT* He never wanted moving bodies in SCC, I guarantee that. smh.
It will be fine bud. Just come down.

Andre202
06-04-2012, 06:55 PM
I haven't seen enough to judge it just yet. I like some of it (bringing back luring and body moving = yay), but that's a whole lotta shooting in broad daylight...

Fingers crossed that there are nighttime missions, and that D-Ops returns.

I think a lot of people wanted actually to play a proper Singleplayer Campaign with Sam Fisher.

reddragonhrcro
06-04-2012, 06:56 PM
It will be fine bud. Just come down.

Always same reactions when something new is shown unusual for the series,some like it some hate it,same reactions were for the renewed version of MGR(which was MGSR at the time) and RE: ORC.

RaulO4
06-04-2012, 06:57 PM
...just why is ubi trying so hard to beat uncharted? :(

the last hope is that Co Op is done by the last guy
with more D ops with better Net codings

simple Scc was a game made by Co op side less than the sp side

reddragonhrcro
06-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Ok so we have Spy vs Mercs confrimed which a lot were asking for(including me) but will the Spy vs Spy and other deniable ops be present as pretty much we PS3 players werenīt able to expirience this as SCC wasnīt released for it.(tought i have it on PC but thats not the point)

CoastalGirl
06-04-2012, 07:01 PM
I think a lot of people wanted actually to play a proper Singleplayer Campaign with Sam Fisher.
I want that! ;)

I guess I've just accepted it now, though... I'm ready to be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not going to worry too much about it. At least not yet. lol

RaulO4
06-04-2012, 07:01 PM
SvM
i bet is more TDM than SvM
just got a feeling

generalbrown20
06-04-2012, 07:03 PM
If the game allows you to take a stealth approach, then the fact that there is an action oriented option doesn't bother me. From what I saw, I can't see why this probably isn't the case. However, the only thing that really sort of bugged me was the way Sam scaled that wall. Why didn't they just let him fly over it??

shobhit7777777
06-04-2012, 07:13 PM
Wow..the preamture reactions and the panic...I would NOT like to share a foxhole with most of you. The E3 demo was meant to grab attention...hence the uber cool moments. Lets calm down and analyze the meat of the gameplay:

The Good:
1. This game is clearly SCC2. That means More tactical stealth action.
2. A return to the IW-geopolitical theme.....a throwback to classic SC. The suit, the goggles, the voice-in-the-ear....Classic SC premise is returning
3. Dynamic Executes- Allow the player to increase the pace and tempo....good for aggressive assault minded players. More options=more power. ALso see it being used by aggro-stealth players as a more dynamic and faster takedown strategy. I can visualize isolating the next Execute Giver...marking the folks on the move and executing...for a silent overwhelming takedown. Can be a tactical tool IF the levels are designed smartly and the enemy placement is clever.
4. Variable Speed is back...hopefully this means the AI is not deaf this time around. Thats a hurrah for all Classic Stealth fans
5. Picking up bodies returns. Another win in the classic column
6. Distractions are back...Classic-3 Aggro-Stealth-4
7. Animations have been improved...looks amazing
8. Sam electrocuted two guards..... :D...LTL just pulled a comeback.

The Worrying

1. Sam's appearance. Simply put...bring back Conviction Sam model..the new guy looks idiotic..skinny as hell too.
2. Uber BS plot. Smells like a cliched plot harkening back to Conviction's premise and narrative. I hope to god I'm wrong
3. The Crossbow....I personally don't like it in my SC. So this one is down to MY personal opinion..feel free to disregard it.
4. The uber snazzy knife and the semi-BS knife takedowns...Not impressed

The Horrid
1. Climbing animation.....I ****ing hated the hoppity hop Uncharted climbing. **** it...**** it in the ear.

NightGhost1994
06-04-2012, 07:20 PM
@Shobhit
Agree 100%

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-04-2012, 07:24 PM
"Whenever something new is shown" is not the problem. In fact, most of it's NOT new. They just upgraded mark and execute and made it more fluid. It looks like an awesome game....an awesome BOND game or an awesome DIFFERENT game...but that's just the thing. They kept it almost identical to SCC and everything new is too minimal to really matter. Moving bodies is good but if it's tacked on...meh. Same with the whistle. Who needs it if the game is the way SCC was or even more actiony?

I'm mad that they didn't incorporate new (as in OLD) gameplay elements. It seems like lazy design work to not have him stand with his back to the wall. Or to add in moving bodies (it seems like they havent yet and the prompt is seen but not possible yet...considering how far he was from the body) or split jumps, etc. :c I REALLY want them to show more and prove me wrong. I will be SO happy to be proven wrong in this case, but I just don't think I will be.

Andre202
06-04-2012, 07:28 PM
3. Dynamic Executes- Allow the player to increase the pace and tempo....good for aggressive assault minded players. More options=more power. ALso see it being used by aggro-stealth players as a more dynamic and faster takedown strategy. I can visualize isolating the next Execute Giver...marking the folks on the move and executing...for a silent overwhelming takedown. Can be a tactical tool IF the levels are designed smartly and the enemy placement is clever.
I have a feeling we have to restart another M&E feature. Actually everyone agreed on not making it to powerful. Now it's even more powerful. Seriously, in Coop Mode it's just Godmode on.

The Worrying

1. Sam's appearance. Simply put...bring back Conviction Sam model..the new guy looks idiotic..skinny as hell too.
2. Uber BS plot. Smells like a cliched plot harkening back to Conviction's premise and narrative. I hope to god I'm wrong
3. The Crossbow....I personally don't like it in my SC. So this one is down to MY personal opinion..feel free to disregard it.

The Horrid
1. Climbing animation.....I ****ing hated the hoppity hop Uncharted climbing. **** it...**** it in the ear.
Climbing reminded me on AC too. There is also the special circumstances, which make another time no sense when you are stealthy. There is also no option to take down the enemies non lethaly when in cover. SCDA next gen had the best cover grabs. I am not sure why they didn't take them...

sameer_monier
06-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Wow..the preamture reactions and the panic...I would NOT like to share a foxhole with most of you. The E3 demo was meant to grab attention...hence the uber cool moments. Lets calm down and analyze the meat of the gameplay:

The Good:
2. A return to the IW-geopolitical theme.....a throwback to classic SC. The suit, the goggles, the voice-in-the-ear....Classic SC premise is returning
4. Variable Speed is back...hopefully this means the AI is not deaf this time around. Thats a hurrah for all Classic Stealth fans

The Worrying

The Horrid
Shobhit I find no need to say any more, you can speak on my behalf

((though I liked the Knife killing animations))

Also a little something to add
- Cover take downs, a whole better than UC2, and like DA more or less
- Dynamic movements, Sam is waving his hands when bullets are flying.
- Some new gadgets like Breach.

kloss_hans
06-04-2012, 07:33 PM
Climbing is not that bad. You want to see something really horrible? Try Dead or Alive movie ;)

DerSeeBaer
06-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Climbing is not that bad. You want to see something really horrible? Try Dead or Alive movie ;)

Eeh.. the climbing does look REALLY bad though...

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-04-2012, 07:36 PM
DA had nonlethal...why couldnt I hit RT and do these knifing ones or LT for the DA awesome neckjabs and stuff? Those were fantastic.

The climbing is terrible...that wasn't even AC...if it was AC's climbing...I'd be fine with that. Especially the "slow" movement in AC which would still be pretty quick....this was like he was flying. I agree with that Shobit. I also wouldnt care about so much aggro and assault gameplay if it seemed like there'd be more of a focus on stealth. It seems like they went even more action with stealth elements rather than half stealth/half action which already is way different than stealth with action elements hah...haha sigh...

I will say his movements while crouched are much better and more fluid/dynamic than SCC. Who knows? Maybe the gameplay may actually allow for ghosting. Right now though it seems like its going to have those **** scripted sequences where you HAVE to shoot and fight.

shobhit7777777
06-04-2012, 07:42 PM
"Whenever something new is shown" is not the problem. In fact, most of it's NOT new. They just upgraded mark and execute and made it more fluid. It looks like an awesome game....an awesome BOND game or an awesome DIFFERENT game...but that's just the thing. They kept it almost identical to SCC and everything new is too minimal to really matter. Moving bodies is good but if it's tacked on...meh. Same with the whistle. Who needs it if the game is the way SCC was or even more actiony?

I'm mad that they didn't incorporate new (as in OLD) gameplay elements. It seems like lazy design work to not have him stand with his back to the wall. Or to add in moving bodies (it seems like they havent yet and the prompt is seen but not possible yet...considering how far he was from the body) or split jumps, etc. :c I REALLY want them to show more and prove me wrong. I will be SO happy to be proven wrong in this case, but I just don't think I will be.

How can you be so Obtuse?

Bob, No offence but can you really not see what the addition of those to mechanics does?
It opens up a whole new gameplay loop previously missing in Conviction..the classic gameplay. Designers do NOT include mechanics like Luring and carrying bodies for the heck of it...pulling of such mechanics is not super easy. If a mechanic is added to a game...you can be **** sure you will have the option to use it.

Its just like the Absolution forums....I was dead right about the gameplay there (Being more open an flexible than previous games with a broader spectrum of options) and I am dead right here.

SCB will have scenarios which will allow Full on assault, Aggro-stealth, classic stealth and even to some degrees ghosting. Add to that the new premise you can be **** sure that this game is a great blend of SCC and SCCT

BTW the Stand with back to wall was downright ******ed and I'm glad its gone...NO ONE in their right minds stands like that....ever.

And check out THIS IGN preview echoing my sentiments:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/04/e3-2012-splinter-cell-blacklist-fearing-sam-fisher

Its bringing both the styles together!

Relax all ye panic mongers and give the game a chance!! FFS I though us SC vets would be steadier and calmer than this. You lot have disapointed me.

Si1entDark
06-04-2012, 07:45 PM
@shobit

Can you point out where in the video that variable speed is ? It looked like the same crouch animation from conviction.

MasterAssasin84
06-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Personaly i like what ive seen , especialy the new combat manouvers , but is it me or is ironside no longer doing sam's voice ?

Si1entDark
06-04-2012, 07:47 PM
Personaly i like what ive seen , especialy the new combat manouvers , but is it me or is ironside no longer doing sam's voice ?

Yes, Eric johnson is the new voice of sam fisher.

mortpenguin
06-04-2012, 07:49 PM
How can you be so Obtuse?

Bob, No offence but can you really not see what the addition of those to mechanics does?
It opens up a whole new gameplay loop previously missing in Conviction..the classic gameplay. Designers do NOT include mechanics like Luring and carrying bodies for the heck of it...pulling of such mechanics is not super easy. If a mechanic is added to a game...you can be **** sure you will have the option to use it.

Its just like the Absolution forums....I was dead right about the gameplay there (Being more open an flexible than previous games with a broader spectrum of options) and I am dead right here.

SCB will have scenarios which will allow Full on assault, Aggro-stealth, classic stealth and even to some degrees ghosting. Add to that the new premise you can be **** sure that this game is a great blend of SCC and SCCT

BTW the Stand with back to wall was downright ******ed and I'm glad its gone...NO ONE in their right minds stands like that....ever.

And check out THIS IGN preview echoing my sentiments:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/04/e3-2012-splinter-cell-blacklist-fearing-sam-fisher

Its bringing both the styles together!

Relax all ye panic mongers and give the game a chance!! FFS I though us SC vets would be steadier and calmer than this. You lot have disapointed me.

I don't trust the IGN preview. Same optimism was given in Conviction, but unfortunately it seems no one at IGN truly understands the magic of Splinter Cell.

Blending stealth and action is one thing. Any game can do that. The question is whether the game is able to give two separate spheres of gameplay options in addition to the combined aspect, if you can picture a Venn diagram. Hitman has never detracted from its roots - I'm actually replaying Blood Money now and Absolution looks to be a BUILD ON from that. Blacklist however, is looking to be an upgrade of Conviction, not an upgrade of Splinter Cell.

You're entitled to your opinions, since you liked Conviction. But you have to understand how the rest of us feel because Conviction was already a letdown and this doesn't appease any of our concerns.

Anyway how can you be dead right about something when it's only the first video, just like how you dissed our concerns as invalid? Contradictory not?

Andre202
06-04-2012, 07:52 PM
Please shobhit, you are seriously using an IGN article to prove your points?
A perfect blend would be to give everybody the freedom to do the mission the way he wants it. I don't think that's the case. Maybe this level is just to showcase some features but I don't like them to force the player to go into an action loop they never wanted to go into. People said this with Conviction and they will say the same with this title.
Why do people praise the DLC maps? Because they could literally ghost if there would be a mode for that. They could do everything they wanted to do. The Singleplayer seems to force again the player to do things they never wanted to do.

The demo does remind a lot of the Demo of SCC in 2009. The End is exactly the same. They know you are there because you needed to go out loud.

benjaminlim36 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/751478-benjaminlim36): Completely agree. Hitman Absolution does really look like Blood Money and both are pretty near to the original concept. In Blacklist this doesn't seem to be the case.

CounterCellOps
06-04-2012, 07:52 PM

The Good:

The Worrying

The Horrid

Please dude. The series is done. They said the same thing about Conviction on how you can go stealth if you want but that was a lie. Did you see the turret part? What the hell was that about and the drone? Ubisoft ruined another franchise. They need to have that company shutdown they are useless.

It also seems to still have forced action sequences. And the AI seems to be on a set path for action attacks.

Man Nintendo better have some actual games or I'm done with games. And this is one of my favorite hobbies.

EDIT: Just look at the latest Ghost recon. This is the pathetic direction games are going. Rainbow six already shows how bad it's gonna be. Why are they doing this?

KenTWOu
06-04-2012, 07:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mZBDssn0jqI
Another walkthrough with minor difference near the jeep.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Yeah. This is my point Shobit...

simply adding in moving bodies is not enough. They need to make it feel the same as the old games when I'm going stealthy. When I go action. it should feel like SCC. That's not the case. They're belnding a few elements together rather than making it feel like two separate games. Obviously that'd be a LOT of work but it would be worth it in the long run. They decided to opt for the faster approach and go with SCC and SOME elements from the previous games.

Andre202
06-04-2012, 08:03 PM
Yeah. This is my point Shobit...

simply adding in moving bodies is not enough. They need to make it feel the same as the old games when I'm going stealthy. When I go action. it should feel like SCC. That's not the case. They're belnding a few elements together rather than making it feel like two separate games. Obviously that'd be a LOT of work but it would be worth it in the long run. They decided to opt for the faster approach and go with SCC and SOME elements from the previous games.

I don't think that's the way to go either, but it's still pretty clear that SCC took the priority over SCCT. I cannot judge the Sound system. But they didn't heared Sam when he ran over the water there which was pretty loud.

Guys we have time til Spring. So we need to make our concerns clear NOW!

shobhit7777777
06-04-2012, 08:06 PM
I don't trust the IGN preview. Same optimism was given in Conviction, but unfortunately it seems no one at IGN truly understands the magic of Splinter Cell.

Blending stealth and action is one thing. Any game can do that. The question is whether the game is able to give two separate spheres of gameplay options in addition to the combined aspect, if you can picture a Venn diagram. Hitman has never detracted from its roots - I'm actually replaying Blood Money now and Absolution looks to be a BUILD ON from that. Blacklist however, is looking to be an upgrade of Conviction, not an upgrade of Splinter Cell.

You're entitled to your opinions, since you liked Conviction. But you have to understand how the rest of us feel because Conviction was already a letdown and this doesn't appease any of our concerns.

Anyway how can you be dead right about something when it's only the first video, just like how you dissed our concerns as invalid? Contradictory not?

I have a sense (I kid you not) for gameplay and game mechanics. I have been dead right about every game I have previewed. I can extrapolate a helluva lot from a 6 minute vid regarding the overarching gameplay design...and it is usually correct. I did it with SCC, Arkham City, Hitman Absolution (You won't believe how right I was there) etc. Not blowing my horn or anything...but everyone is exceptional at some things....understanding game mechanics is my superpower. It'd better be or I'd be a crap designer.
I see things you don't. Simple :)
I am the God**** Batman of piecing together game mechanics and how they all will play out.

Now, IGN may not understand the beauty of Classic SC like you or I do...but they certainly show an appreciation for innovative stealth mechanics and gameplay. Their SCC previews were spot on despite the optimism.

Also, blending stealth and action to form a true hybrid is not at all easy, in both design or from a technical POV. Please do not make such statements as this makes light of developers like Rocksteady and Ubi montreal who are pioneers in this genre. It is a ***** to get right. Otherwise you would have had such games 5 years ago.

I completely understand you position on Conviction...but is it realistic for you to expect that SCB would be anything BUT SCC2 with a little more classic elements? They won't discontinue an entire gameplay model...especially one that is so successful.

SCC was one of the few truly innovative stealth games...a breath of fresh air alongside Batman AA and AC. A new addition to the Stealth genre. It won't be scrapped that easily.

BTW Looooooong ago....while discussing SC6...I had made a detailed thread about the Core classic mechanics that would definitely find their way into SC6 (and HAVE to be included) as they would enhance BOTH classic and Aggro Stealth gameplay. Guess which ones were they?
Blacklist has Diversions, LTL options and Variable Speed.
See what I did there? You can call me Batman or the Prophet :cool:

Unless I am dead wrong about the Variable speed..in that case I will be uber embarassed and very disappointed

@SilentDark

The crouch walk speed changes when Sam climbs the mountain and moves around after killing the first guy from cover.

CounterCellOps
06-04-2012, 08:09 PM
I have a sense (I kid you not) for gameplay and game mechanics. I have been dead right about every game I have previewed. I can extrapolate a helluva lot from a 6 minute vid regarding the overarching gameplay design...and it is usually correct. I did it with SCC, Arkham City, Hitman Absolution (You won't believe how right I was there) etc. Not blowing my horn or anything...but everyone is exceptional at some things....understanding game mechanics is my superpower. It'd better be or I'd be a crap designer.
I see things you don't. Simple :)
I am the God**** Batman of piecing together game mechanics and how they all will play out.

Now, IGN may not understand the beauty of Classic SC like you or I do...but they certainly show an appreciation for innovative stealth mechanics and gameplay. Their SCC previews were spot on despite the optimism.

Also, blending stealth and action to form a true hybrid is not at all easy, in both design or from a technical POV. Please do not make such statements as this makes light of developers like Rocksteady and Ubi montreal who are pioneers in this genre. It is a ***** to get right. Otherwise you would have had such games 5 years ago.

I completely understand you position on Conviction...but is it realistic for you to expect that SCB would be anything BUT SCC2 with a little more classic elements? They won't discontinue an entire gameplay model...especially one that is so successful.

SCC was one of the few truly innovative stealth games...a breath of fresh air alongside Batman AA and AC. A new addition to the Stealth genre. It won't be scrapped that easily.

BTW Looooooong ago....while discussing SC6...I had made a detailed thread about the Core classic mechanics that would definitely find their way into SC6 (and HAVE to be included) as they would enhance BOTH classic and Aggro Stealth gameplay. Guess which ones were they?
Blacklist has Diversions, LTL options and Variable Speed.
See what I did there? You can call me Batman or the Prophet :cool:

Unless I am dead wrong about the Variable speed..in that case I will be uber embarassed and very disappointed

@SilentDark

The crouch walk speed changes when Sam climbs the mountain and moves around after killing the first guy from cover.

No. Conviction was not innovative. And it was not stealth. The only thing they did right was the movement. Even that was too fast at times and had not control.

And yeah you're obviously a master at looking how a game will be.......

If the game has an option to remove action completely then I'll give it a try but if it can only be a mix of the two then this game can f off.

mortpenguin
06-04-2012, 08:09 PM

Ubisoft recognises fans' disappointment, returns Blacklist to the drawing board.

Game delay announced. Media blackout ensues.

Talks about a '07 Conviction saga go rampant.

New consoles announced at E3 2013. No appearance by Blacklist.

Media blackout continues.

2014. First screenshots of new Blacklist emerge.

E3 2015. Even more different gameplay. Fans accept that SC is dead. Media outlets hail the 'revolutionary' changes to 'reinvent the franchise'.

Bassie52
06-04-2012, 08:13 PM
It's just a fast paced preview, packed with action and showing a couple of features, for the people at E3!..
Everything still remains optional, just like conviction and future soldier..in the end YOU can decide your pace and what you want to use, to clear the room..

It looks freakin awesome to me and i can't imagine what the maps will look like!!.What the co-op will be like!!...
Thank you Ubisoft!!!

Andre202
06-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Ubisoft recognises fans' disappointment, returns Blacklist to the drawing board.

E3 2015. Even more different gameplay. Fans accept that SC is dead. Media outlets hail the 'revolutionary' changes to 'reinvent the franchise'.
Yeah, I see what you did there. Could be very well the case.

It's just a fast paced preview, packed with action and showing a couple of features, for the people at E3!..
Everything still remains optional, just like conviction and future soldier..in the end YOU can decide your pace and what you want to use, to clear the room..

It looks freakin awesome to me and i can't imagine what the maps will look like!!.What the co-op will be like!!...
Thank you Ubisoft!!!
Nothing stays optional. It didn't in Conviction. It's completely wrong to say so. Seems like SCCT will be unbeatable.

CounterCellOps
06-04-2012, 08:16 PM

Thank you Ubisoft!!!

Eh you have no clue what you're talking about. It's like you've never played both games you mentioned.

kloss_hans
06-04-2012, 08:19 PM
I don't think that's the way to go either, but it's still pretty clear that SCC took the priority over SCCT. I cannot judge the Sound system. But they didn't heared Sam when he ran over the water there which was pretty loud.

True. Still no confirmation, if they achieved beta status. I'm glad that finite pistol ammo returned as well as whispering.

The_5_Freedoms
06-04-2012, 08:22 PM
Yeah, I see what you did there. Could be very well the case.
No.

Judging by what you said, you didn't read the interview where Beland talked about Old Conviction. It wasn't about fan reaction, it was about missing the launch deadline for Christmas 2007 and the higher-ups feeling that what they currently had was not Splinter Cell. The only chance of Blacklist being scrapped and redeveloped is if it misses launch in Spring 2013 and if the higher-ups feel that what they have is not Splinter Cell.

Since they chose to continue with the gameplay that Conviction established, then this is obviously what Splinter Cell should be and it looks right on track to being released next year.

goclo822
06-04-2012, 08:23 PM

The sad thing is I'm actually hoping for this. Never thought I would hope for a delay, a media blackout and a revamp. Especially in regards to a Splinter Cell game. Congrats Ubi, you've achieved the impossible.

Andre202
06-04-2012, 08:26 PM
True. Still no confirmation, if they achieved beta status. I'm glad that finite pistol ammo returned as well as whispering.
Infinite Ammo is still THERE!!! What a shame...

Andre202
06-04-2012, 08:32 PM
No.

Judging by what you said, you didn't read the interview where Beland talked about Old Conviction. It wasn't about fan reaction, it was about missing the launch deadline for Christmas 2007 and the higher-ups feeling that what they currently had was not Splinter Cell. The only chance of Blacklist being scrapped and redeveloped is if it misses launch in Spring 2013 and if the higher-ups feel that what they have is not Splinter Cell.

Since they chose to continue with the gameplay that Conviction established, then this is obviously what Splinter Cell should be and it looks right on track to being released next year.

The same thing happened to Future Soldier. I read the interview and if the reactions aren't that good (which doesn't seem to be the case) they would "restart" too. It was just a scenario benjamin explained which are similar to the one of Conviction and Future Soldier. I am not sure what you are about to tell me with this post. I know that this won't happen.

kloss_hans
06-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Infinite Ammo is still THERE!!! What a shame...

:confused: missed the moment when he switched the guns ... What a shame...

BTW... The last screem at the end of gameplay movie sounds like copy paste from first C&C tiberium world based game...

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Dude. I have a sense for gameplay too. It's not innovative if Arkham Asylum beat them to the punch a whole year in advance. They're so similar only Batman has always been about fea, hence the aggro-stealth. You want your presence known but not your location. You freak them out to scare them and mess them up and then take em out. Perfect BATMAN play. SC isn't like that and realistically speaking...would more than likely die as a result. It's Batman with guns and that's just silly. Batman runs should be saved for Batman games...this is SC -- I could care less if there are batman runs in this or not. I loved both Arkham games for what they are and how they captured the essence of Batman so well with the action and the stealth. Noso with SCC because they forgot about the essence of SC.

I never thought it'd be SCCT2...I simply hope it wouldnt be SCC2 and that they'd try and make a better balance. Doesn't seem like it apart from hiding bodies and luring. Hiding bodies sounds like a big deal until you realize that if they added that to SCC -- it would not change the way the AI reacts, the way the game is designed etc. It's still an action game at its core with some stealth elements. It's not longer stealth with some action thrown in.

reddragonhrcro
06-04-2012, 08:37 PM
Now that i seen the RE6 trailer and gameplay i donīt know anymore at which i m more excited RE6 or SC6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SlXT8JtYSM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY1v4izE-go

shobhit7777777
06-04-2012, 08:41 PM
No. Conviction was not innovative. And it was not stealth. The only thing they did right was the movement. Even that was too fast at times and had not control.

And yeah you're obviously a master at looking how a game will be.......

If the game has an option to remove action completely then I'll give it a try but if it can only be a mix of the two then this game can f off.

Of course you think so... :)
I'm not surprised..most people don't have the ability to grasp lateral gameplay concepts...and yup..I am being a snooty pompous *** ;)

There will be scripted action sequences and there will be cinematic bombastic michael bay bull****. That I can guarantee you...I hate it..but it will be there. If you can look past that at the core gameplay...then MAYBE you might like it..but I doubt it. If you couldn't appreciate Conviction..Blacklist will be a bag of disapointment for ya...especially since they are ramping up the aggro-stealth segments to even higher levels and beefing up the action bits.

I'll be going into the game looking for a tactical stealth experience. That it will deliver. I can (with some difficulty) get past the BS moments if the gameplay is truly sweet, and judging by the new additions (read classic mechanics and elements) I will.

mortpenguin
06-04-2012, 08:48 PM
I'll be going into the game looking for a tactical stealth experience. That it will deliver. I can (with some difficulty) get past the BS moments if the gameplay is truly sweet, and judging by the new additions (read classic mechanics and elements) I will.

Tactical stealth you say? I'm sorry that term died after CoD dominated the industry. And so did most of gaming.

OBMOC
06-04-2012, 08:50 PM
2:19 of vid pick up body prompt appears. CAN'T WAIT!! I even saw the return of the cut fabric for the tent, the door camera, etc.. Please keep it coming UBI!!! SPY vs MERC!!!!! Can't wait.

shobhit7777777
06-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Dude. I have a sense for gameplay too. It's not innovative if Arkham Asylum beat them to the punch a whole year in advance. They're so similar only Batman has always been about fea, hence the aggro-stealth. You want your presence known but not your location. You freak them out to scare them and mess them up and then take em out. Perfect BATMAN play. SC isn't like that and realistically speaking...would more than likely die as a result. It's Batman with guns and that's just silly. Batman runs should be saved for Batman games...this is SC -- I could care less if there are batman runs in this or not. I loved both Arkham games for what they are and how they captured the essence of Batman so well with the action and the stealth. Noso with SCC because they forgot about the essence of SC.

I never thought it'd be SCCT2...I simply hope it wouldnt be SCC2 and that they'd try and make a better balance. Doesn't seem like it apart from hiding bodies and luring. Hiding bodies sounds like a big deal until you realize that if they added that to SCC -- it would not change the way the AI reacts, the way the game is designed etc. It's still an action game at its core with some stealth elements. It's not longer stealth with some action thrown in.

This issue has been settled loooong ago.

If you take into account the development timelines and the E3 presentations...Conviction's aggro-stealth gameplay was already in place..in tandem with Arkham City. The Malta demo is proof. It came before Arkham Asylum's public appearance/release.
So AA released earlier..but the two games were developing aggro-stealth independently...and did a great job at it.

Hiding bodies and luring are not simple additions as one may think. Designers don't just go.."Hey we should add a whistling mechanic" Programmer: *type type type* Ok done!!
The effect of such a mechanic needs to be taken into designing mission and level design. If you incorporate such mechanics you need to design encounters where the player can effectively use them. It also adds another tactical layer to the existing gameplay. It is one more step towards remaining undetected. I like that.

At its core its still an Aggro-Stealth game which focuses on engaging enemies in a silent and covert manner and remaining undetected during and after the act of engagement. It now is including classic stealth into the loop. Action is also now being beefed up (More variety I say..plus it'll get more folks into SC...thats a healthy thing for a franchise)

Tactical stealth you say? I'm sorry that term died after CoD dominated the industry. And so did most of gaming.

Eh? what?

Cool you hate COD..wow thats leet dude.

Andre202
06-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Of course you think so... :)
I'm not surprised..most people don't have the ability to grasp lateral gameplay concepts...and yup..I am being a snooty pompous *** ;)
I am suprised to see such a high level of arrogance from you here now and on the previous post.

There will be scripted action sequences and there will be cinematic bombastic michael bay bull****. That I can guarantee you...I hate it..but it will be there. If you can look past that at the core gameplay...then MAYBE you might like it..but I doubt it. If you couldn't appreciate Conviction..Blacklist will be a bag of disapointment for ya...especially since they are ramping up the aggro-stealth segments to even higher levels and beefing up the action bits.
That's nothing new. Everyone knew it before. They just hoped that this won't be happening and just in case. It's maybe your definition of aggro-stealth which ramped up there but definitely not from these people who were ready to compromise and are disappointed now because there is no "perfect" blend of SCC and SCCT of which you seem to talk about. A perfect one wouldn't prefer one or the other style of Stealth. A perfect one would offer the perfect predator gameplay not a perfect Bourne gameplay. You may be satisfied with that what seems to come. I am not because it's again losing so much potential because it prefers one style and uses the argument that the other style was always forced. What a hypocrite argument.

I really would like to see a video of what you do understand under the term tactical stealth experience. But if you think it's tactical, so be it. It's your opinion.

reddragonhrcro
06-04-2012, 08:57 PM

CoD is ruining every aspect of gaming,just look at horror games for example,once they were survivial horror now they are mostly action-horror(RE5 which in a matter of sense lacked the horror).Companies are looking toward it and try to attract as many people as possible instead of making games for which they are known.CoD is a meance to gaming spreading like a virus and turning more and more people into mindless CoD zombies.

OBMOC
06-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Splinter Cell and Tomb Raider have stolen the show. Both look freaking amazing

mortpenguin
06-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Eh? what?

Cool you hate COD..wow thats leet dude.

Dude you need to stop trying to sound smart. I'm not hating the game or franchise per se, I'm lamenting the fact that every other developer is attempting to emulate CoD because it has become the most successful franchise, while at the same time audiences have become mainstream.

I shall quit discussing with you since we're both adamant about our opinions, but you seem to be hating people who are disappointed with what they have seen.

Bassie52
06-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Eh you have no clue what you're talking about. It's like you've never played both games you mentioned.

Really?..as i recall you have the option to use the gadgets or the marking of enemies..same for sync shots in Future Soldier..
I'm playing campaigns without the goggles and intel crap.I'm not talking about the scripted gameplay here..i'm talking about clearing rooms..

Knot3D
06-04-2012, 09:07 PM
I am suprised to see such a high level of arrogance from you here now and on the previous post.

Nothing has changed here I see hahahaha. Great.

Anyway...For what the quick video showed it looks pretty good ; even more fluid and I like the moves with the knife.

It's WAY to early to draw any conclusions though and indeed I'm sure this daylight action setting is especially chosen for the
sake of introduction amongst other games.

KEY ASPECT evidence which was not showcased in this video ; ANY sign of enemies being apt enough to counter these "tactics".

Well.... we'll see.

and.... of yeah....Sam looks good...except the shape of his head... which is that same God-Aweful Conviction model head.

The_5_Freedoms
06-04-2012, 09:07 PM
The same thing happened to Future Soldier. I read the interview and if the reactions aren't that good (which doesn't seem to be the case) they would "restart" too. It was just a scenario benjamin explained which are similar to the one of Conviction and Future Soldier. I am not sure what you are about to tell me with this post. I know that this won't happen.
Commercial realities dictate otherwise.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/31100/ubisoft-youre-never-going-to-keep-hardcore-ghost-recon-fans-happy/

Just replace "Ghost Recon" with "Splinter Cell".

EDIT: And for the one time they mention Splinter Cell, replace that with "Ghost Recon".

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Okay Shobit...you need to calm now. You're getting mad at all the classic fans for disliking what is CLEARLY the complete opposite from what they wanted, a clear sign the developers just dont give a **** about us anymore and now you're, to be blunt, being a ****** with your holier than thou "I know better than you" remarks. Save it.

I understand gameplay just fine, and if you didn't see my control setup for this game that I suggested which blended the two styles together...you'd see that. Or maybe I'm not as good as I think because, yknow, that's always a possibility. This game is going even further from the formula. The co-op was almost there in terms of a fairly realistic story and even gameplay wise considering what they had to work with. I hoped they would go off that and make THAT better. Not make more of the same ridiculous, unrealistic events from the single player as the main story for this one. Fourth Echelon is fine. Sam as head AND operative would NEVER happen. It just wouldn't.

shobhit7777777
06-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Dude you need to stop trying to sound smart. I'm not hating the game or franchise per se, I'm lamenting the fact that every other developer is attempting to emulate CoD because it has become the most successful franchise, while at the same time audiences have become mainstream.

I shall quit discussing with you since we're both adamant about our opinions, but you seem to be hating people who are disappointed with what they have seen.

And you're mindlessly jumping on a bandwagon....the same rehashed uneducated opinion about the games industry floating around everywhere. "COD is destroying innovation!"
Take a careful look at the evolution of games in general and you'll see innovation, fresh gameplay and great games everywhere. Times are great for the industry right now.

No offence, but such talk reeks of elitist gamer-hipster BS. "Mainstream". pffft.

And I'm not hating on anyone. I am just one of those rare SC fans that enjoy both the legacy and SCC games because I can appreciate both gameplay styles.

I would be sharing your resentment of SCB if I had not seen the potential of the gameplay and the addition of classical mechanics. You and a lot of the others are making doomsday predictions (RIP SC!) based on 6 minutes of gameplay.

You have already made up your mind about the game. I am still open to it....and can see what it would play like.

I think its a Glass Half Full case with me.....yours is half empty.

@Andre

That's nothing new. Everyone knew it before. They just hoped that this won't be happening and just in case. It's maybe your definition of aggro-stealth which ramped up there but definitely not from these people who were ready to compromise and are disappointed now because there is no "perfect" blend of SCC and SCCT of which you seem to talk about. A perfect one wouldn't prefer one or the other style of Stealth. A perfect one would offer the perfect predator gameplay not a perfect Bourne gameplay. You may be satisfied with that what seems to come. I am not because it's again losing so much potential because it prefers one style and uses the argument that the other style was always forced. What a hypocrite argument

Thats just hoping against hope isn't it?

I never really expected Splinter Cell to go back to its root in a gameplay sense....not after Conviction. Why do you think that in all the threads that we talked about I stuck to hacking, variable speed, diversions and body dragging? Its because they were the only plausible mechanics that could be carried over from Conviction. Heck two out of those won't be in the game in all probability (Variable speed and hacking)
I never created an illusion for myself that I would get Classic SC back with SCB.....I knew that it would lead to a lot of disapointment. I stuck to what was possible and am satisfied with the end result. I thought you all would do as well.

Am I absolutely ecstatic about it? Not really no. But I am excited about Blacklist being its own game

Ironside is gone, SCB is SCC 2.0. I plan to treat it separately from the SC franchise as a whole.

I really would like to see a video of what you do understand under the term tactical stealth experience. But if you think it's tactical, so be it. It's your opinion.

We've done this tango before.

take any D-ops map. Populate it with numerous enemies with complex and dynamic patrol routes, a complex environment for the player to move around with the goal to eliminate/evade the AI. I'll be happy as long as I can sustain a gameplay loop involving observation , prioritisation and execution. That would be the macro-tactical experience of SCC

It would be even better if you add in the micro-tactical mechanics of classic SC.

I also notice you are dismissing the aggro stealth gameplay as 'Bourne' gameplay..which is true but partially so. The cinematic gameplay is but one way of playing it...which is apparently what the devs are encouraging..but the game can be played in a more thoughtful manner. I don't know about you...but I will be keeping away from the dynamic executes in my playthrough. Too Michael Bay-ish.

As for me being arrogant...nope, not arrogant...just feeling confident about the game and my grasp of stealth gameplay in general.

@Bob

Okay Shobit...you need to calm now. You're getting mad at all the classic fans for disliking what is CLEARLY the complete opposite from what they wanted, a clear sign the developers just dont give a **** about us anymore and now you're, to be blunt, being a ****** with your holier than thou "I know better than you" remarks. Save it.

I understand gameplay just fine, and if you didn't see my control setup for this game that I suggested which blended the two styles together...you'd see that. Or maybe I'm not as good as I think because, yknow, that's always a possibility. This game is going even further from the formula. The co-op was almost there in terms of a fairly realistic story and even gameplay wise considering what they had to work with. I hoped they would go off that and make THAT better. Not make more of the same ridiculous, unrealistic events from the single player as the main story for this one. Fourth Echelon is fine. Sam as head AND operative would NEVER happen. It just wouldn't.

I am calm. I'm not mad at the classic fans, I am one of those classic fans...I'm just a little perplexed as to why they were expecting SCCT 2? I'm just asking them to be a little more rational. Just go through some of the older posts and tell me that there was not a wave of extreme negativity towards the game....you being at the forefront of it.

I can understand your reaction to Conviction being overly negative (God knows...SCC has done some vile things to the franchise) but all of you are acting as if by some miracle the devs would go back to the SC1 days.

Nevermind the new direction....inspite of the additions of classic mechanics and themes you have people trashing the game without even getting a full preview vid.

You have body dragging and hiding, you have diversions, you have some LTL options...why not wait for more information on the game before crying out murder. I already told you that there is a good chance that the game will include more options catering to the classic fans...so why not get the whole picture before unleashing a flood of disapointment?

I too am not at all happy about the return of the bombastic moments (UAV splosions and all that)...I am not at all happy that Ironside is gone and that Sam has magically regained 10 years of his youth...and I am absolutely pissed that that Sam is back in the field again.
I cannot do anything about it and frankly speaking....from a narrative POV I wasn't expecting to be impressed (after considering what the team did in Conviction)

I am however confident about the gameplay.

The_5_Freedoms
06-04-2012, 09:20 PM
I think its a Glass Half Full case with me.....yours is half empty.
I think they dropped theirs and spilt it everywhere while they were complaining. :rolleyes:

Yabab_2
06-04-2012, 09:29 PM
Designers don't just go.."Hey we should add a whistling mechanic" Programmer: *type type type* Ok done!!

You'd be surprised...

Besides, I understand you're trying to act all game designer on us - cool that you may want to work as one: fact is a game is only worth as much people buy it in the industry. I was a very vocal fan of Conviction back in the day and it seems the gameplay has really improved from Conviction. We can now carry bodies, whistle - seems like Beland actually took a moment to consider reintroducing the gameplay loop he removed for the sake of supporting Conviction's story. Good for him!

I know for a fact the game will probably do pretty well in sales with the overall mainstream community, people who couldn't notice the difference in Sam's voice from previous games not even if you paid them because - you know - they don't really give a ****. As a fellow professional designer, I think they did everything right: gameplay systems look promising and all. But as a long time fan: i'll probably play the game but I'm not paying full price for that at all and the problem is just one: Ironside. I don't care how much Ubisoft thinks they can push for this Eric Johnson guy with the smooth voice and slick attitude play a 50 year old man so they can market a movie with him in the future. That's just wrong!

Fisher is an integral part of Splinter Cell? Yeah. But only for the people who care - if you're changing the one consistent thing the character has had for the entire franchise, might as well refrain from using him and introduce a new one. You're not appealing to any fans that matter by keeping Sam around with a different voice and the people playing this game who could actually care less about who Sam Fisher is would probably be better off having a younger agent than a middle-aged one.

I'm so disappointed I'm not even mad - I'm just straight up sad to have to witness something like this.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-04-2012, 09:31 PM
Nah, the devs already did that for us. Actually, if we had our eay, we'd be able to throw the glass at the enemy. But thats too slow.

And I appreciate SCC's gameplay. If it were not SC. The simple fact stands that it's not as unique as you and every fan of it like to think...it's good sure, but not super unique. The old SCs, even while becoming "redundant" or whatever bull were still the only games like that on the market. There were none. Now, I can look at this demo and Conviction and name multiple other games that it seems to derive from. That's not a good thing.

Andre202
06-04-2012, 09:33 PM
Commercial realities dictate otherwise.

http://www.oxm.co.uk/31100/ubisoft-youre-never-going-to-keep-hardcore-ghost-recon-fans-happy/

Just replace "Ghost Recon" with "Splinter Cell".

EDIT: And for the one time they mention Splinter Cell, replace that with "Ghost Recon".

Hitman Absolution tells you that it is possible to keep the core principals while also increasing the fanbase with new features. I heard this talking about "hardcore gamers" from time to time. In a part he is right but on the other hand it's also a easy to excuse the way the game is being made. He is talking about Super Hardcore gamers specificly wanting to have a copy of the first game. The people here are already talking about the Legacy series. That's not just one title. They don't want to have a exact copy too, they just want the next title to deliver a fusion of both the legacy series and Conviction so everybody is satisfied.

They never tried to achieve this goal but are telling us exactly that thing. The hype over Hitman tells a whole different story.

It's WAY to early to draw any conclusions though and indeed I'm sure this daylight action setting is especially chosen for the
sake of introduction amongst other games.
I hope you are right there.

kloss_hans
06-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Half an hour ago splintercell.com was redirecting to Conviction web site. Now it tries to redirect to Blacklist but I'm still getting 404 :(

The_5_Freedoms
06-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Hitman Absolution tells you that it is possible to keep the core principals while also increasing the fanbase with new features. I heard this talking about "hardcore gamers" from time to time. In a part he is right but on the other hand it's also a easy to excuse the way the game is being made. He is talking about Super Hardcore gamers specificly wanting to have a copy of the first game. The people here are already talking about the Legacy series. That's not just one title. They don't want to have a exact copy too, they just want the next title to deliver a fusion of both the legacy series and Conviction so everybody is satisfied.

They never tried to achieve this goal but are telling us exactly that thing. The hype over Hitman tells a whole different story.
So then copy what you just posted and send it to him.

Andre202
06-04-2012, 09:52 PM
So then copy what you just posted and send it to him.
You think he doesn't know? I think he knows it perfectly. If he has the same opinion is another story. There is also the publisher who needs to be satisfied.

bluewolf042000
06-04-2012, 10:02 PM

The Good:

The Worrying

The Horrid

I like shobhit's list here. A few things I might want to add is

1. It APPEARS that the light/dark sensor is back from Double Agent (the one on his back). I don't mind it since its simple and convenient and it eliminates the need for the black&white filter.
2. Climbing animation sucks but the fact that he can now scale certain buildings/walls opens up even more opportunities.

shobhit7777777
06-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Oh and BTW....there is a new Health system

Bottom right of the HUD. This blue bars represent the health. Take damage and the bar goes down by one.

I'm not liking the HUD at all atm.

Andre202
06-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Is there actually a sign of a light meter at all? It seems like we will get a filter again.

shobhit7777777
06-04-2012, 10:19 PM
Is there actually a sign of a light meter at all? It seems like we will get a filter again.

Nope :(

I guess the devs played it smart..showing a daylight level

bluewolf042000
06-04-2012, 10:20 PM
I hadn't noticed cause IGN likes to stick their giant logo everywhere. Well that should give some added challenge, I remember a lot of people complained about the regenerating system not being realistic as opposed to drinking medicine and curing bullet wounds.

Andre202
06-04-2012, 10:24 PM
I mean it's not like I don't daylight missions, because I think the Ship mission in DA next gen was done pretty well, while Kinshasa was pretty linear but had some nice spy feeling to it when placing the listening device in the room where all the terroist chiefs are meeting.

shobhit7777777
06-04-2012, 10:27 PM
You'd be surprised...

Besides, I understand you're trying to act all game designer on us - cool that you may want to work as one: fact is a game is only worth as much people buy it in the industry. I was a very vocal fan of Conviction back in the day and it seems the gameplay has really improved from Conviction. We can now carry bodies, whistle - seems like Beland actually took a moment to consider reintroducing the gameplay loop he removed for the sake of supporting Conviction's story. Good for him!

Nah..I wouldn't....I am in the industry...and you would know that even a small design change can affect following iterations severely.

I agree that the game is just not the same without Ironside....but all things aside...I am a gameplay focussed guy. If thats good I'll be buying it..Ironside or not. I'll just pretend that its a completely new agent.

Sam Fisher, to me, is retired...chilling at home with his daughter.

kalle90
06-04-2012, 10:33 PM
I hadn't notice cause IGN likes to stick their giant logo everywhere. Well that should give some added challenge, I remember a lot of people complained about the regenerating system not being realistic as opposed to drinking medicine and curing bullet wounds.

Atleast drinking medicine symbolizes that you need to treat wounds and doing that isn't fast, common or infinite.

Medicine might be a bit stupid, but what is getting shot 5 times in the same fight and walking it off?

This just goes back to that "Halo mainstreamed, CoD copied, everyone else copied CoD". Regenerating health makes sense in Halo and is all good, but it doesn't make any sense in modern-day games. Just feels off.

Om4zd
06-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Just because it may seem difficult to play it like you would play the old games doesn't mean that you can't. I could go through the Washington Streets, Washington Monument and White House Missions of SCC for example without killing more than 3-4 people unless it was for the purpose of the story...For real.

Poppysmic
06-04-2012, 11:35 PM
I'll miss my stealth... ghosting, quiet as a mouse, sometimes maybe smacking someone on the head and breaking my one rule if they annoyed me enough... because I COULD... ergo I'll miss Splinter Cell. I will have no new adventures such as them, I knows it. *sniff* I'll miss Sam Fisher, too. Who this person pretending to be Sam is, I don't know, but he stinks! His voice has no personality, and he sounds like a frat boy. Beeswax.

Anyway, I had a nice amount of hope for this game, even after Conviction, but looking at this gameplay, I just... no, eww. I'm unable to get excited at all. You know, I'm not jumping on the hate bandwagon that rolls down the hill with fire and brimstone; I'm just on the disappointed one, bobbing up and down with a crooked wheel. It's not getting me anywhere, and eventually I'll abandon it and burn it.

I know it's just a very small portion of the game, but I mean, it represents the game, right? Where are the LTL takedowns? Why is it so linear and scripted? So much forced killing. Where are the options? I thought they would include more of them. Bombs falling from the sky? It's just a straightforward go-there-and-kill-them-for-a-cutscene walkthrough you probably can't deviate from, the type that I'm sure will repeat throughout the entire game...

:(

Well, I still hope it's just an early build or something, and the finished level will offer more freedom and options, or that it's just a tutorial level blah blah blah the rest of the game will be filled with wonders and cookies for aaaaaall the kids! But that's what I thought after I'd seen the Conviction demo. *shrugs* I am a sad little puppy for now.

Andre202
06-05-2012, 01:15 AM
I hoping the same, I mean I hope everyone is hoping that. What is the point costumizing your gear torwards a stealthy playstyle when scripted scenes are forcing you to go all out action or break the immersion of being stealthy? I hope they thought of that option. It's a win for everybody.

We need to be real though. A lot of things we requested is really in Blacklist available and we should be proud about that, but there is still this story issue which now even has the challenge of living up to Michael Ironsides voice acting.

- Non-lethal takedowns equally from which place
- Carrying Bodies
- Whistling
- Tazers and other gadgets
- M&E now seems to be realised the way so the guards doesn't necessarily need to stay in three men group which makes for better guard patterns
- Last Known Position seems not to be there anymore
- Infinite Pistol Ammo
- Scripted Action Scenes
- New Health System

Now the only thing which lead to very harsh critic over Blacklist from some fans (me included) seems to be the Scripted Scenes. In the E3 demo we could actually see alternative ways which doesn't seem to be the case in the Demo level in Blacklist. Maybe they will change that level. So you can play the Demo mission stealthier as you were able in the final version of the Kobin's Mansion level.

While the options will be nice to have now for a stealthier approach (I am curious if you can throw a stone or something), it's somehow useless if you will be detected anyway. So the only thing which is really disturbing me a lot are the red marked things.

shobhit7777777
06-05-2012, 05:01 AM
@Andre

LKP is still there...check out the gameplay vid kenTWOu posted....LKP is clearly seen

Andre202
06-05-2012, 05:15 AM
@Andre

LKP is still there...check out the gameplay vid kenTWOu posted....LKP is clearly seen

Ohh yeah... very difficult to see there. :)

shobhit7777777
06-05-2012, 05:20 AM
Ohh yeah... very difficult to see there. :)

Its there for just a moment
BTW is LTL confirmed?

Ubi Zacks post is good idea....the forum needs some formal assurance.

Andre202
06-05-2012, 05:50 AM
Maxime confirmed that if you don't have the Karambit (knife) equipped you will be able to do non-lethal takedowns. Although in the demo it shows only Kill again, but he had the knife equipped so...

KenTWOu
06-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Maxime confirmed that if you don't have the Karambit (knife) equipped you will be able to do non-lethal takedowns...
Thanks, Andre, this is the most important news right now!

I know it's just a very small portion of the game, but I mean, it represents the game, right? Where are the LTL takedowns? Why is it so linear and scripted? So much forced killing. Where are the options?
It looks like the first mission of the game. Some kind of heavily scripted tutorial mission of Splinter Cell:Conviction. Even the first M&E sequence at the very beginning looks exactly like M&E tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChWbP7Vyq1U#t=371s) from SC:Conviction, where you have to kill bad guys in front of you daughter.

Andre202
06-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Thanks, Andre, this is the most important news right now!

It looks like the first mission of the game. Some kind of heavily scripted tutorial mission of Splinter Cell:Conviction. Even the first M&E sequence at the very beginning looks exactly like M&E tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChWbP7Vyq1U#t=371s) from SC:Conviction, where you have to kill bad guys in front of you daughter.

Ok, if the tutorial mission is the only one to be using these scripts that heavily I am in for Splinter Cell Blacklist. Otherwise it's again just for Coop, Deniable Ops and Spy vs Merc. Which is a shame because Splinter Cell began as a high quality Singleplayer Campaign experience!

Puppet627
06-05-2012, 02:13 PM
I've been rewatching the gameplay demo and it looks like the Five-SeveN has infinite ammo again... It doesn't have ammo/total like the other weapons (AK and the crossbow).

Also, I think the crossbow is known as the 'Sticky Shocker Bolt' or it could just have a variety of different ammo.

Andre202
06-05-2012, 06:22 PM
We don't knwo what the crossbow will be able to shot other then that Sticky Shocker. I thought they would talk about the Coop too. Didn't they say they would?

logik1911
06-05-2012, 06:51 PM
I was a diehard Conviction fan and so I'm shocked at how disappointing
this demo is. Killing in motion looks cool, but everything else here is a fail. The climbing, running, calling in
airstrikes, the knife takedowns...the game looks like its regressed.
There was just too much action and shooting in broad daylight
and Sam played like a **** nInja.

I ll wait to see more. Before drawing a verdict but I'm underwhelmed so far.
This was uncharted creed: conviction

NightGhost1994
06-05-2012, 06:57 PM
More news on Blacklist. No Co-op news.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pfzZfVZRAI

logik1911
06-05-2012, 07:03 PM
taken from IGN:

"Simply holding down one button will now allow players to sprint through environments, leaping over obstacles and climbing over objects as necessary. Taking out enemies during that dash is as easy as tapping a button. The goal here is to remove the challenges that can come with complicated, frustrating controls. The emphasis and focus should be on dealing with the objective - and opposition to that objective"

is this supposed to excite me? That sounds absolutely ridiculous . I really hope they know what they're doing this time around. I'll need to see a sneaking mission to be comforted, lol

Knot3D
06-05-2012, 07:52 PM

The mobile airplane command center reminds me a lot of the jet in MGS4. Ironically, this still looks like
the better game though.

JaRuTo
06-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Did anyone catch that? "Hold to pick up body"
Rly? Fisher in Conviction had this ability.
Can you pick the body when is dead or asleep? No? Yeah, there you go...

Andre202
06-05-2012, 09:17 PM
Rly? Fisher in Conviction had this ability.
Can you pick the body when is dead or asleep? No? Yeah, there you go...

Lol, yes you can pick up dead bodies in Blacklist!

As said there are several old features back. Personally I only think the scripts are the problems.

Andre202
06-06-2012, 08:43 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxjDfGg8uJY

sameer_monier
06-06-2012, 09:14 PM
We don't knwo what the crossbow will be able to shot other then that Sticky Shocker. I thought they would talk about the Coop too. Didn't they say they would?
It will be able to shot other things too, It is confirmed, we will know later about it though.

michaelanjello
06-06-2012, 09:19 PM

Its funny cuz this is exactly what people wanted. Last time i checked, people complained that too many buttons were being used and that one button should have more functions. People dont know themselves what they want. You guys havent even ****i played the game and you already think the controls are broken. Load of whiners

Andre202
06-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Its funny cuz this is exactly what people wanted. Last time i checked, people complained that too many buttons were being used and that one button should have more functions. People dont know themselves what they want. You guys havent even ****i played the game and you already think the controls are broken. Load of whiners
The only thing I know is that people didn't want one button to do everything which is hopefully the case here. So you won't get into actions like standing next to the door and bashing it because holding someone as a human shield and bashing door are on the same button.

mateus99
06-06-2012, 09:47 PM
Yeah that was anoying in scc sometimes i wanted to open a window and ended up breaking trough it and stuff like that,
But im pretty sure we will get the one button does everything in the game.

michaelanjello
06-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Idk about one button does everything. Ithink wat theyre trying to say this that tapping then holding the button will cause to vault over cover and run at the sametime so you dont bump into stuff when you dont want to. SCC had an amazing control system that could only be improved to get rid of some minor hicupps and increase smoothness. I doubt that we have to worry about the controls.

Edit******
In SCC we had to press the a button in order to jump over cover or a wall. The want to get rid of this by holding down the a button instead in order so u dont turn on a light or start opening doors.

Do u guys understand?

sameer_monier
06-06-2012, 10:11 PM
It seems we didn't see all of the demo yet, Here you can see there are 2 options Extended Demo & Quick Demo, I believe we are only seeing the Quick one all along, probably the extended will have the Interrogation part but I hope for more.

Also Sand Box style Map to tackle different situation, this game is going to be awesome, here watch how he breach the final door this time around, it really is interesting IMO

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6380921/splinter-cell-blacklist-e3-2012-stage-demo

They are building for 3 types of Players -- Ghost, Panther & Action.

BoBwUzHeRe1138
06-06-2012, 10:17 PM
What is it?

I saw Andre post about it and mention it but how does it work? I'm confused.

Also...hopefully there will be a difficulty that turns off LKP and M&E or something. I want a classic experience and if it's true that only the tutorial had heavily scripted action sequences...I'm fine with that because they have to teach people how to use it. I do prefer how DA had a separate tutorial mission (well 2 actually) rather than putting it into the main story. *shrug*

Andre202
06-06-2012, 10:32 PM
M&E is optional there is no sense to turn it off. But since unlimited ammo for pistol is only on with Easy difficulty, I think it's the same case for LKP.

As for the new Health system. I thought there is a new one but I am not sure. Sameer asked Maxime about that already. When you look at the HUD on the right corner you see these four quarters there and I thought this is the Health bar which reminded me of FarCry 2. But it's actually a part of M&E and seems like there is much more to M&E as we think. At the moment it look like they made the overpowered feature more overpowered but since they have that Difficulty Design which I suggested very early with Conviction. That Realistic will be realistic and turns off all the hand helping features. So unlimited ammo is turned off and I think LKP will be turned off and so on. I think these Bars for M&E could be the bars ShadowFox was suggesting. Like somekind of adrenalin. If three quarters are full you can kill three marked guys and so on. But that's just speculation.

@sameer_monier:
You know in Blacklist. The more I hear, the more I love it. In Conviction it was the complete opposite. :D

michaelanjello
06-06-2012, 10:33 PM
What is it?

I saw Andre post about it and mention it but how does it work? I'm confused.

Also...hopefully there will be a difficulty that turns off LKP and M&E or something. I want a classic experience and if it's true that only the tutorial had heavily scripted action sequences...I'm fine with that because they have to teach people how to use it. I do prefer how DA had a separate tutorial mission (well 2 actually) rather than putting it into the main story. *shrug*

I dont think there is LKP

michaelanjello
06-06-2012, 10:36 PM
M&E is optional there is no sense to turn it off. But since unlimited ammo for pistol is only on with Easy difficulty, I think it's the same case for LKP.

As for the new Health system. I thought there is a new one but I am not sure. Sameer asked Maxime about that already. When you look at the HUD on the right corner you see these four quarters there and I thought this is the Health bar which reminded me of FarCry 2. But it's actually a part of M&E and seems like there is much more to M&E as we think. At the moment it look like they made the overpowered feature more overpowered but since they have that Difficulty Design which I suggested very early with Conviction. That Realistic will be realistic and turns off all the hand helping features. So unlimited ammo is turned off and I think LKP will be turned off and so on. I think these Bars for M&E could be the bars ShadowFox was suggesting. Like somekind of adrenalin. If three quarters are full you can kill three marked guys and so on. But that's just speculation.

@sameer_monier:
You know in Blacklist. The more I hear, the more I love it. In Conviction it was the complete opposite. :D

Im with you man. People are jumping to conclusions. The more i listen to beland and more gameplay style i see and hear, the more i begin to understand what Maxime was trying o accomplish with Conviction. Unfortunately it was a lack of time and cash that screwed them over.

michaelanjello
06-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Btw im watching the video again, and i noticed they took away the bullet trails. Looks just as good and more believable.

But im curious whether we can still roll.

AntiStone
06-06-2012, 10:40 PM
I'm sure everyone sick of hearing the same BS about this, so I'll keep it short.

Double Agent was big enough change for the series, Conviction made it something unrecognizable, and this just tries to appease both audiences but ultimately remaining a sell out. I used to loved Tom Clancy Games. They had great stories and innovative game play, Splinter Cell in particular. They put in a lot of effort to make Sam a likeable character, and his relationship with Lambert and his daughter were great points (especially in the books). I'm a die hard fan and to see all that plot development get tossed to the wind for market sales and competition in the action genre (it's not tactical stealth anymore *******es) just stands to prove, UBI doesn't care about the series, they're just capitalizing on the licenses to sell more bull**** games.

This looks like a great, fun game, but a terrible Splinter Cell game. It's time for me say goodbye and RIP to Sam fisher and the series. I will not be buying this one no matter what. May rent for old time's sake, but it's over everybody.

sameer_monier
06-06-2012, 10:41 PM
@sameer_monier:
Very true, I am so excited too about it, especially the whole HUD thing, and I am not sure but if we can tackle different missions by choice that would be amazing.

As for the new bar, here is what I think and keep in mind this is speculation, I believe every headshot you get light up a par, and after 4 headshots kills you get a M&E token, or maybe there is as you said a whole different side to M&E achievable only by headshots ?!.

Edit: and while Repelling you can invert too :D

Andre202
06-06-2012, 10:54 PM
I like what he says but as many times said I have these worries and they affect every playertype he was talking about. Maybe the E3 demo, the quick demo is the only one which is so linear. Want to see the extended version. While I like the repelling, I would like to see a stealthy approach too.

michaelanjello
06-06-2012, 10:57 PM
You can invert! Are you sure? Like anytime theres a repel? Also does there have to be rope already attached? Or can you carry one with you and do it anywhere?

sameer_monier
06-06-2012, 11:25 PM
I like what he says but as many times said I have these worries and they affect every playertype he was talking about. Maybe the E3 demo, the quick demo is the only one which is so linear. Want to see the extended version. While I like the repelling, I would like to see a stealthy approach too.
well yeah, I am afraid too it may end up being 1/3 Ghosting missions, 1/3 Panther missions, 1/3 action missions or something.

You can invert! Are you sure? Like anytime theres a repel? Also does there have to be rope already attached? Or can you carry one with you and do it anywhere?
yup there was an option, in the demo the rope was there, don't know about when the rope isn't there if you got one or not.

Andre202
06-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Seems like you can get M&E through normal kills too. Four normal kills with the weapon = Stealth Kill = M&E token. I don't know why he gets the M&E token at the end when he bombd the door though. Do they consider this as a stealthy kill?

iusedtoworkhere
06-07-2012, 01:17 PM
Just in case anyone hasn't come across this in the forums

Sign the petition if you would like to see Ironside back as Sam Fisher…

http://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-allow-michael-ironside-to-play-sam-fisher-in-splinter-cell-blacklist (http://www.change.org/petitions/ubisoft-allow-michael-ironside-to-play-sam-fisher-in-splinter-cell-blacklist)

Maybe, just maybe, Ubisoft will listen.

shobhit7777777
06-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Seems like you can get M&E through normal kills too. Four normal kills with the weapon = Stealth Kill = M&E token. I don't know why he gets the M&E token at the end when he bombd the door though. Do they consider this as a stealthy kill?

I think that was scripted for demo purposes

EmmaJordan
06-07-2012, 03:18 PM
taken from IGN:

"Simply holding down one button will now allow players to sprint through environments, leaping over obstacles and climbing over objects as necessary. Taking out enemies during that dash is as easy as tapping a button. The goal here is to remove the challenges that can come with complicated, frustrating controls. The emphasis and focus should be on dealing with the objective - and opposition to that objective"

is this supposed to excite me? That sounds absolutely ridiculous . I really hope they know what they're doing this time around. I'll need to see a sneaking mission to be comforted, lol

This.

We are gamers. For crying out loud - who here has complained about not being able to handle the controls? Sounds like they were trying to appeal to 60 year olds.

KenTWOu
06-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Also Sand Box style Map to tackle different situation, this game is going to be awesome, here watch how he breach the final door this time around, it really is interesting IMO

http://e3.gamespot.com/video/6380921/splinter-cell-blacklist-e3-2012-stage-demo
That was awesome! Very informative interview (fluid H2H knockouts!!!1111) and It's good to see that this short panther style demo already has few routes in it.

Andre202
06-07-2012, 03:53 PM
This.

We are gamers. For crying out loud - who here has complained about not being able to handle the controls? Sounds like they were trying to appeal to 60 year olds.

That was a problem in Conviction. It wasn't really the way like I cannot handle this, but very often you made some interactions which you never wanted to do, because everything was put into one button. Now it seems like acrobatic interactions have a button for itself and interactions with other things like NPCs and weapons or stuff like stones if that's possible are on a different button.

The_5_Freedoms
06-07-2012, 04:01 PM
This.

That wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Andre202
06-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Anybody else think that the screenshot of the HQ of 4E will be actually the Menu? I think R6P has a similar idea.

Si1entDark
06-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Anybody else think that the screenshot of the HQ of 4E will be actually the Menu? I think R6P has a similar idea.

Yeah It seems like the most likely outcome. I noticed this when the screens were first were first outed. I'm also pretty sure Maxime Beland alluded to something very similar to what you said in the Gamespot stage demo he done. I can see it acting as hub space of sorts where you can customise armour, gadgets, weapons with the option to activate missions from inside. It looks to me to be an osprey from the old games.

The_5_Freedoms
06-07-2012, 09:14 PM
I thought that was just the Paladin.

It makes me wonder though, where the 4E HQ is located. I hope it's not another large building in Downtown Washington, D.C. again. That was awful.

I don't think they'd be able to go back to NSA HQ in Fort Meade either.

Anyway, to answer your question, maybe.

logik1911
06-07-2012, 09:18 PM

It makes me wonder though, where the 4E HQ is located. I hope it's not another large building in Downtown Washington, D.C. again. That was awful.

They confirmed that the HQ is a giant Aircraft/mobile HQ...which is actually a pretty intelligent idea given the nature of 4Es missions

JaRuTo
06-07-2012, 09:24 PM
osprey from the old games.
Funny that the osprey reminds me that tactical helicopter from Splinter Cell books.

That was a problem in Conviction. It wasn't really the way like I cannot handle this, but very often you made some interactions which you never wanted to do, because everything was put into one button. Now it seems like acrobatic interactions have a button for itself and interactions with other things like NPCs and weapons or stuff like stones if that's possible are on a different button.
and thank God! Now that everyone is responsible for the different action is better idea than previous. In Conviction If you react faster than normal guy you quickly frustrated by controls from this game because often happened that such a situation, instead of off the gun, as a spy, I jumped the fence and I was losing precious seconds. These controls were insanely bad...

Si1entDark
06-07-2012, 09:29 PM

It's set on a highly modified osprey as far as I can tell. Government funded.

Andre202
06-07-2012, 09:41 PM
The paladin is the 4E HQ!

The_5_Freedoms
06-07-2012, 09:48 PM
That's awesome.

Props to the unnamed Ubi employee who thought of that.

Andre202
06-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Ehhhm is there a way to edit the thread title? I would like to correct my mistake there. :D

Si1entDark
06-07-2012, 10:12 PM
You need to press "Go Advanced" and you will be able to edit from there.

:)

sameer_monier
06-07-2012, 10:16 PM
That was awesome! Very informative interview (fluid H2H knockouts!!!1111) and It's good to see that this short panther style demo already has few routes in it.
Indeed, it seems this SC may really be huge.

I believe in Gamespot demo Beland said it is more of a hub, where you can access Co-Op, SP, Spy vs Merc, ...........etc, that would be pretty cool

Ehhhm is there a way to edit the thread title? I would like to correct my mistake there. :D
Nope, it will only change the title on the first post, but not the thread :(

JaRuTo
06-07-2012, 10:30 PM
What are you worried about? Soon this thread gone : D

Andre202
06-07-2012, 10:36 PM
What are you worried about? Soon this thread gone : D
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg
It will be always on top, because it has the First Gameplay footage of Blacklist. http://www.smiliemania.de/smilie.php?smile_ID=7618 (http://www.smiliemania.de/)

@Si1entDark (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/489248-Si1entDark): Thanks!