PDA

View Full Version : Vehical Controls :(

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 04:34 AM
Does anyone else think the controlling of the buggy is a little bad. Is there a way to put it into 3rd person as i find 1st person in the vehical pretty annoying.

I find it also abit annoying the the vehical takes damage with every little thing it touches. Sure its more realistic but its meant to be pretty tough after all, once you hit a tree u try to revrse and hit a rock the back into a wall and u already lost half the vehicals life.

I would really love to see halo's vehical control, it was always soo easy. Just turn cursor in the direction you want to travel then let the car straighten out.

Any other opinions?

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 04:34 AM
Does anyone else think the controlling of the buggy is a little bad. Is there a way to put it into 3rd person as i find 1st person in the vehical pretty annoying.

I find it also abit annoying the the vehical takes damage with every little thing it touches. Sure its more realistic but its meant to be pretty tough after all, once you hit a tree u try to revrse and hit a rock the back into a wall and u already lost half the vehicals life.

I would really love to see halo's vehical control, it was always soo easy. Just turn cursor in the direction you want to travel then let the car straighten out.

Any other opinions?

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 07:40 AM
Sketch01 wrote:
- Does anyone else think the controlling of the buggy
- is a little bad. Is there a way to put it into 3rd
- person as i find 1st person in the vehical pretty
- annoying.
-
- I find it also abit annoying the the vehical takes
- damage with every little thing it touches. Sure its
- more realistic but its meant to be pretty tough
- after all, once you hit a tree u try to revrse and
- hit a rock the back into a wall and u already lost
- half the vehicals life.
-
- I would really love to see halo's vehical control,
- it was always soo easy. Just turn cursor in the
- direction you want to travel then let the car
- straighten out.
-
- Any other opinions?
-
-

Yeah, they control like crap. And its even harder in FP. There is a way to enable 3P. Just look around on the forums. Makes it much better. I still wish they controlled like Halo cause Halos vehicles are perfect.

AMD Athlon64 FX 51
Asus SK8N nForce3 Pro 150 AGP8X
120GB 7200 RPM ATA 100
ATI Radeon 9800 XT

AMD Athlon64 FX 51
Asus SK8N nForce3 Pro 150 AGP8X
120GB 7200 RPM ATA 100
ATI Radeon 9800 XT

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 07:54 AM
Yes, buggy controls suck much ***. Also, it takes AGES for it to stop then reverse if you're moving forward, and vice verse. You have to press jump for the hand brake to stop quickly.

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 07:59 AM
X_I_Z_O_R wrote:
I still wish they
- controlled like Halo cause Halos vehicles are
- perfect.
-

Emm but than you can't aim and drive the other dirction!
It nice too be in 3rd person sure & much easier too see,
but i dont see it happen unless you mod and cheat it!
Its very unrealistic!

But remind you i myself would rather play in 3rd person too but in final version you going too have too cheat too get veiw i bet!

http://upl.mine.nu/uplfolders/upload5/misery_and_agony.jpg

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 07:59 AM
Start the demo using -DEVMODE attribute and press F1 during gameplay.

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 08:39 AM
this might have been brought up before but a third person view/controls in the same vein as halo would cause problems in a game of this type as the camera would continuously get stuck behind trees and plants. Third person should be an option though

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 08:52 AM
Halo mindless vehicle controls. Might as well give up on the vehicle and have magic running shoes

http://home.san.rr.com/cneal92/images/lawfulneutral.png (http://home.san.rr.com/cneal92/lawfulneutral.html)

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 09:37 AM
Yer true that if the controls were like halo you wouldnt be able to shoot. But i think that problem is solved (MP only) with the 2nd passenger controlling the guns.

But still hmm true SP you wouldnt be able to drive and shoot. There must be something they could do with it. At least bulletproof so you can hide behind it for cover.

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 04:04 PM
Yeah, the vehicles shouldn't explode so quickly either, as I find it impossible to hide in the boat or behind the buggy/humvee...

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 05:28 PM
yes i was shoocked when i noticed how bad the controls are really they must fix it otherwise its not worth using the vehicles.

Master_82
============================
System Specs:
XP2500+ @ XP3200+ (200fsb)
512MB DDR PC3200 KINGSTON HYPERX
GeForce4 4800-SE 128 MB (310/675)
WD 80GB+120GB (BOTH 8MB CACHES)
Windows XP Pro Corporate Edition
DirectX 9.1a
http://mywebpage.netscape.com/HawksBurk/transam.jpg

XyZspineZyX
01-30-2004, 10:14 PM
neh the humvee = easy 2 handle

XyZspineZyX
01-30-2004, 10:20 PM
TBL-Tetsuo wrote:
- neh the humvee = easy 2 handle
-
-
Yep.. But I'd say that the HEMTT is even easier.
It also works on rougher terrain than humvee..
AND IT'S WAY BIGGER AND HAS 8 WHEELS /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-30-2004, 10:29 PM
Haha, ya, that would be sweet, with a couple of 50. cal's on it and a rocket pod /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif , lol

"** My future Rig (in 3 months W00T!!) **"

- Athlon 64 3200+ w/ThermalTake A1838 - Silent Boost -
- MSI K8T Neo-FIS2R -
- 1GB Corsair TWINX 3200C2PRO (2 X 512) -
- ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB -
- Western Digital 120GB w/8MB Cache -
- ThermalTake VM2000A Xaser III Lanfire Series - Aluminum Case -
- Antec TrueBlue 480 watt PSU -
*""-------------------------**"

XyZspineZyX
01-30-2004, 10:57 PM
How about controls like you have in the Desert Combat Mod for bf1942 where you can switch to 1st person when ur firing or 3rd when just driving or flying?