PDA

View Full Version : AC1 problems

Liam3997
05-24-2012, 04:10 AM
Hey all! So, last saturday, Steam had their sale where they had the full AC series on for under 50$, so of course I bought it. Thing is, I'm having a problem with the first game. Yes, I know it's not supposed to be as good as the others but I want to at least try it for myself. After about 15 -20 minutes of playing, my monitor just shuts off as if it has lost the input. I've tried unhooking and reconnecting all the monitor cables when this happens, but that doesnt help. I can't even make it past the tutorial. I'm not sure if it's my game or that I'm running it through steam. I'm not sure if it's my graphics card either because I've tried bumping all my settings down to the bare minimum and it hasn't helped. (For reference, I'm running an Nvidia geforce 240. Not great and I'm planning on upgrading, but the Nvidia control panel says the game should still run excellent on my system. The installer also said that the Nvidia Geforce 240 would work fine for the game.

System Specs
Dell Studio XPS 435T
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67 GHz
6 GB RAM
Windows 7 64 bit

I haven't had any problems with my other Steam games. Hope somebody can help!

EDIT: Found out it was a problem with GPU overheating. Will be looking in to this. Since this doesn't seem to be the place for GPU advice, I'll take taht somewhere else. Mods, you may lock this topic.