PDA

View Full Version : My fellow pc ghosts

ghost_iced
05-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Hello to my fellow pc ghosts,
Alright we all know that pc version was close to being cancelled but ubisoft has thought about us pc gamers and given us what we wanted.
I have pre-ordered the game.
And every pc gamer who has pre-ordered or is going to buy it - post here!!!
Show the support.. Post here

Ten24.NarcSgt
05-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Lets see the support of a dedicated server annoucement and we will swamp the pre-orders! I have supported UBI since day one with the Rainbow Six series. Their support started to end with the Rainbow Six vegas series and then the Ghost Recon series where most servers needed an entire server to run the game.

Nexolate
05-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Sure, I plan on picking it up for PC. Me and my friend are gonna coop the hell out of it, though I may end up getting my fill of the multiplayer too.
Just want to know when I can start putting Ghost Recon Network codes in and what sort of offers they're doing for Steam.

Regards,
Nexo

skywarp00
05-13-2012, 03:44 PM
pre ordered the day they announced it!

Anthony123abc
05-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Yep, Pre- ordered the collectors edition!

nh2012
05-14-2012, 01:29 AM
Since they confirmed no servers. I'm gonna get xbox on launch and wait on pc version till a sale. I really wanted it on pc.

GuZZ33
05-14-2012, 09:07 AM
Since they confirmed no servers. I'm gonna get xbox on launch and wait on pc version till a sale. I really wanted it on pc.
PC for me is just for single player campaign, Guerilla Mode and the extra graphical fidelity, 3D Vision? and possibly for benchmarking new computer hardware hahah! :)

Bahger.P.
05-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Pre-ordered. Hope SP is good, MP will have a lot to live up to compared to the GRO Beta.

Wiedzmin89HUN
05-14-2012, 05:01 PM
I preordered that day when it was announced. I read a Hungarian gamer magazine that the single player campign could be 10 hours +.

xT3MP3STx
05-14-2012, 08:10 PM
So you guys are going to support UBI's practices of misleading their customers. They are doing nothing more then a port job. They did nothing extra to "enhance" the PC version.

Lets face facts here,
They'd have to Change the render for PC platform in a Port. They did, they put their art department to work but this doesn't improve the gameplay, it just means the eye candy a shallow feature was increased and the features in all screenshots seem worse then a port because they've abused them
They'd have to change control schemes for a port. They did
They'd have to have some form of DRM. They did it brought the following
-party system /friends functionality

Whoo hoo keep supporting UBI guys because it really helps us get what PC fans want. Except it doesn't and every other game shows that its stripped features out of games. Look at the PC fans of Rainbow Six Vegas 1 + 2 and be prepared to join them shortly.

ignore the fact that we wont get dedicated servers any more
ignore that we wont have mod tools to fix the excrement left on our doorstep at no cost to UBI despite them using the highly modifiable Unreal Engine renamed Yeti.

Nexolate
05-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Text.

And what will boycotting the game do?
Oh that's right, convince Ubi that the PC is an unprofitable platform that they shouldn't even bother with.

Which would you prefer, a console port or no game at all?

Regards,
Nexo

xT3MP3STx
05-14-2012, 08:26 PM
They're already convinced of that and it shows with a direct port. I'd rather they pull their heads from between their cheeks and learn. But you on the other hand are ready to settle just so a "PC" version will be released and in doing so you're supporting their ideals that they should do the least amount of work for the PC market. I support your decision to support inferior products with your money. But when even the console players are asking for dedicated servers, you're condemning them along with the PC market by supporting this crud.

Bahger.P.
05-14-2012, 08:29 PM
The games, including Splinter Cell Conviction and R6 Vegas, while not up to the quality of their PC-based forebears, are still good enough to get bought by me, even acknowledging that we PC gamers are second-class citizens in Ubi's world. I have found the ports to be well thought-through and of decent quality. Ubi might be dominated by trend-chasing marketers but we need to support the hard-core of genuine gamers that still seems to exist there and who are probably responsible for getting the company to release its games on PC at all.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Please don't think you are second-class citizens in Ubi's world, this is very untrue. The developers give the same amount of attention to all formats.

xT3MP3STx
05-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Ubi might be dominated by trend-chasing marketers but we need to support the hard-core of genuine gamers that still seems to exist there and who are probably responsible for getting the company to release its games on PC at all.

how is this supporting the Hard-Core genuine gamers? when almost universally they the Hardcore gamer would rather see UBI create a new IP instead of rewriting entire series to fill Actiony shooter 20XX of the year quota then reviving a series only for name sake value and then cashing out with less and less integrity.

Tom Clancy used to be a respectable Tactical Shooter Name, now its mocked as a Call of Duty wanna be by the same fans that built the series.

EDIT: @ UBI_Mush the developers only give the amount of attention UBI allows them to. In most cases its Inferior attention in most regards in comparison to other titles on the platform offered by their competitors.

Bahger.P.
05-14-2012, 08:52 PM
You're right about new IPs but there's not a snowball's chance in Hell that any large corporate game developer can run its business this way, no matter what we think. The economic realities of console vs PC markets are just too stark.

And by far the biggest counter-argument I can muster can be expressed in three words: Ghost Recon Online. This is the most impressively designed and executed team-based PvP tac-combat game I've played since Ubi's Spies vs. Mercs MP for Splinter Cell, and it's PC only. Absolutely superb.

Nexolate
05-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Text.

You know ports cost money too, right? If they were convinced that PC was a totally unprofitable platform then why would they even bother with that? Why not just go back to only releasing on 360/PS3 and leave us "pirates" to Ghost Recon Online?

You have to be reasonable about this. It's not like PC is the largest market for shooters nowadays. Development costs have sky-rocketed and developers quite simply don't have enough time and money to give every platform the attention it requires. If a platform just decides to boycott a product then trust me, it won't make them turn around and suddenly start giving it loads more attention. What's more likely is that they'll just drop that platform and focus on the ones that are actually profittable.

So you're the one who's condemning the product, not me. By not supporting the franchise, you're the one who's basically saying "we don't care about your product, leave us alone".

Regards,
Nexo

Senliten
05-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Pre-orddered standard, way before this whole deluxe nonsense was announced, just hope they at least later on down the road, give people a chance to buy those extras in the form of DLC.

ecma4
05-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Please don't think you are second-class citizens in Ubi's world, this is very untrue. The developers give the same amount of attention to all formats.

Sorry Mush, but how can you say this? Where is the PC attention? We have not seen it. Looking back, from today to the very first Future Soldier announcement, how can you say that the PC platform has been given equal attention? The community developers for Ghost Recon don't even bother to post in the PC forums. Actions speak louder than words.

Nexolate
05-15-2012, 05:43 AM
Sorry Mush, but how can you say this? Where is the PC attention? We have not seen it. Looking back, from today to the very first Future Soldier announcement, how can you say that the PC platform has been given equal attention? The community developers for Ghost Recon don't even bother to post in the PC forums. Actions speak louder than words.

Seconded.
I want the PC version but it really does feel like the platform with the least attention regarded to it.

We've only seen 1 official screenshot which was provided via Twitter. The other 6 we've seen had to be dug up by the community.
Of course, we still haven't seen any videos at all. Got something to hide?

Regards,
Nexo

GuZZ33
05-15-2012, 08:45 AM
WoW, glad i'm only purchasing Ghost Recon Future Soldier PC version for the single player and solo Guerilla Mode. If i was hardcore PC multiplayer i guess i would have to cry me a river.

GuZZ33
05-15-2012, 08:49 AM
Seconded.
Got something to hide?

Regards,
Nexo
It's been confirmed that console and PC are identical games, except the PC version has extra graphical fidelity.

Nexolate
05-15-2012, 09:36 AM
It's been confirmed that console and PC are identical games, except the PC version has extra graphical fidelity.

Yeah I know that much, doesn't stop me from wanting to see it though.
There was a PS3 user in the Console section who wanted to see a trailer of that version and they're even more similar!

Regards,
Nexo

GuZZ33
05-15-2012, 02:07 PM
doesn't stop me from wanting to see it though.
Fully understand mate. I suppose if anyone is anticipating the PC version and is unsure if they should pre-order or go for a day one retail/digital purchase-to wait it out for a wider audience review/verdict etc. It's the same with most video games now days, the PC does often tail it's counter parts the 360 and PS3 console. When i get the PC version i will give my input here along with screenshots, i probably won't give any multiplayer feedback because i will be playing mp on the console versions, my only feedback for GRFS PC will be how the game installation went with windows 7 x64, what the framerate is like on my PC and audio feedback and of course some screenshots in highest video settings @1920x1080 120Hz. I may try the MP/Co-Op/Matchmaking?.

ghost_iced
05-15-2012, 02:38 PM
It's funny how battlefield 3 revels on pc! And ubisoft is not giving pc enough attention. I know piracy is a factor.. But pc has it's dedicated community.
And why is everybody going to boycott the MP. Sick because Ghost recon's multiplayer looks like a treat. And i don't have a console to play the game's multiplayer...
Here's hoping there's a decent enough community on the pc playing MP

Wiedzmin89HUN
05-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Totally agree with you. I think the R6 Vegas 1-2 and the SC Conviction didn't have a ****ty port.

We have senn a lot of trailer from the consol versions, it's okay, but we want to see how the game works on PC. After the announcment we still have almost nothing. I think the screen shot(s) are looking good. Actually I don't have problem with the console graphic too. I care about the gameplay. If it's good, there is no problem (and as we can see, it's looks like good)

Shifty_98
05-15-2012, 04:02 PM
I preordered the game 2 weeks ago because of the free upgrade to the signature edition.

That being said, I AM still hoping for some PC info. The lack of attention on these forums is pathetic. I've been checking this forum almost every day for a solid week now for any productive reply that might answer some questions, and I've found... like.. ONE, in the dedicated server forum.

So yeah, I'm not happy that Ubisoft is ignoring the PC gaming community (it would seem), but I'm still hopeful for this game, and I believe it can be great. I'm just so grateful that it's not another GRIN failure attempt at a GRAW game. Oh god those games sucked.

And in regards to piracy, does anyone else agree with me when I say that the best way to combat piracy is to spread some hype about the game amongst its community? I know for a fact that my friends and I always pre-order/purchase every game that really interests us, and sometimes we torrent games that don't interest us. My friend was all ready to torrent GRFS, but after I shoed him a few things, he went ahead and preordered it. Why can't companies find ways to counteract piracy without draconian DRM? When Half-Life 3 finally comes out, you think many people will pirate that?

GuZZ33
05-15-2012, 04:42 PM
SNIP
Not gonna go on and on about theft mate, people gain access to unauthorised use of any said computer/console software simply because they can. With regards to HL3 if folk can gain unauthorised access to it they will. When i am unsure if i'm going to like a video game i will not buy it and move on, simple as that really.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
05-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Have you seen this? http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,883095/Ghost-Recon-Future-Soldier-A-technical-showcase-for-PC-gamers/Knowledge/

jasonnoguchi
05-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Pre-ordered and ready to get rocking as a Ghost once again!

I was the famed creator of the M134 minigun 11 years ago for the first Ghost Recon PC game. It was the very first stealth based shooter I have ever played and the first FPS I played multiplayer extensively (loved the barn assault map).

So, here we go again Ghosts! Hope to see some of my old ghost buddies in multiplayer (yes, the multiplayer looks AWESOME! Not just some brainless shooter!)

Wiedzmin89HUN
05-16-2012, 02:43 PM
So, here we go again Ghosts! Hope to see some of my old ghost buddies in multiplayer (yes, the multiplayer looks AWESOME! Not just some brainless shooter!)

Trust me, the multiplayer is awesome, I tried it on console beta :). Anyway I'm waiting better the coop modes :)

co_kkie
05-18-2012, 02:43 AM
already PO. The waiting will be over soon...

JamboreeEnder
05-18-2012, 08:27 AM
So you guys are going to support UBI's practices of misleading their customers. They are doing nothing more then a port job. They did nothing extra to "enhance" the PC version.

Lets face facts here,
They'd have to Change the render for PC platform in a Port. They did, they put their art department to work but this doesn't improve the gameplay, it just means the eye candy a shallow feature was increased and the features in all screenshots seem worse then a port because they've abused them
They'd have to change control schemes for a port. They did
They'd have to have some form of DRM. They did it brought the following
-party system /friends functionality

Whoo hoo keep supporting UBI guys because it really helps us get what PC fans want. Except it doesn't and every other game shows that its stripped features out of games. Look at the PC fans of Rainbow Six Vegas 1 + 2 and be prepared to join them shortly.

ignore the fact that we wont get dedicated servers any more
ignore that we wont have mod tools to fix the excrement left on our doorstep at no cost to UBI despite them using the highly modifiable Unreal Engine renamed Yeti.

What more is there to be said ! At the release of the PC beta I thought man now here is a company that supports pc gamers! For those to dense to get it! There was no PC beta so enjoy the patches and fixes you will be asking for after paying UBISOFT for a pc beta! Just another example of a former great gaming house becoming another one of the console gaming *****s! Not another brainless shooter ,just another massive let down! I may buy it when its on sale for 5 bucks!

Armeda7
05-18-2012, 08:48 AM
I pre-ordered collectors edition. From what I've seen and heard, it isn't a direct port.

jasonnoguchi
05-18-2012, 10:29 AM
Definitely not a direct port guys and those of you boycotting, well, you guys will still be playing it eventually... after all of us had our fun! :)

xT3MP3STx
05-19-2012, 09:12 AM
Definitely not a direct port guys and those of you boycotting, well, you guys will still be playing it eventually... after all of us had our fun! :)

Either you're completely off basis thinking Ghost Recon Online is the same as Ghost Recon Future Soldier or you're another sucker being sucked in by Ubi's PR BS.

Ubi's singing this song for you misguided ignorant people thinking Ghost Recon Future Soldier isn't a port.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNQRfBAzSzo

Are you ready for this
Are you hanging on the edge of your seat
Out of the doorway the bullets rip
To the sound of the beat
Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Hey, I'm gonna get you too
How do you think I'm going to get along,
without you, when you're gone
You took me for everything that I had,
and kicked me out on my own
Are you happy, are you satisfied
How long can you stand the heat
Out of the doorway the bullets rip
To the sound of the beat

jasonnoguchi
05-19-2012, 09:52 AM
xT3MP3STx: Ah, whatever, you are still going to play it eventually anyways, trust me on that. :) Only diff is, you would only be doing that after I've had **** load of fun with the game.

xT3MP3STx
05-19-2012, 06:23 PM
if you mean **** load of fun being 2weeks then by all means have that fun, I remember having fun with games braneded "Tom Clancy's" being worth like a years worth of fun, and sadly Peer 2 Peer networking and a **** ton of Idiotic developer choices will see this game struck dead within a few months time.

I'll be wisely saving my cash for Ground Branch.

Ten24.NarcSgt
05-19-2012, 07:54 PM
The games, including Splinter Cell Conviction and R6 Vegas, while not up to the quality of their PC-based forebears, are still good enough to get bought by me, even acknowledging that we PC gamers are second-class citizens in Ubi's world. I have found the ports to be well thought-through and of decent quality. Ubi might be dominated by trend-chasing marketers but we need to support the hard-core of genuine gamers that still seems to exist there and who are probably responsible for getting the company to release its games on PC at all.

Vegas 1 and 2 died a quick death on PC...............no support.....needed patches and they never came. The dedicated server file was horrible and most server companies quickly realized it had more bugs that a crack house.

Pr8Dator
05-23-2012, 12:49 AM
Fellow ghost brothers wanting to practise 3rd person squad level cover shooter (the GRFS genre) while waiting for the arrival date can check out Gears Of War. Very similiar play mechanics to get used to that kind of play style.