PDA

View Full Version : NEW SHOP ITEM - Panacea

Katealyst
05-11-2012, 10:59 PM
We just added a new Shop item to the game. It is a Panacea. A panacea is a cure for all medical malady's. This item can be found in the 'Energy' section in the shop. Be sure to click the side arrow as it is not in the first visual section of the Energy Tab.

What does this item do: Once you purchase the item and enable it, it instantly cures all the patients in your ward and all of the patients in your pharmacy!

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd366/CastleEmpire/pana.jpg

Check out the panacea aftermath!

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd366/CastleEmpire/panacea.png

faerieevenstar
05-13-2012, 10:12 PM
100 house points?? Did you not read everyone's feedback about not wanting to buy things with House Points? No way would I spend 100 HP on one tablet anyway. Waaaaay too expensive! :nonchalance:

Not really interested in that in the slightest... but thanks. :o I don't want to seem ungrateful for the coding time, but no... If that was a random reward for clinic cases (generous beneficiaries perhaps?) that would be awesome, but I won't spend a singly penny of my REAL money on that. It's a recession and I could barely afford to buy groceries this week, so I need a lot more temptation that that to spend enough money for 100 HP

baconneggs
05-13-2012, 10:56 PM
100 house points?? Did you not read everyone's feedback about not wanting to buy things with House Points? No way would I spend 100 HP on one tablet anyway. Waaaaay too expensive! :nonchalance:

Not really interested in that in the slightest... but thanks. :o I don't want to seem ungrateful for the coding time, but no... If that was a random reward for clinic cases (generous beneficiaries perhaps?) that would be awesome, but I won't spend a singly penny of my REAL money on that. It's a recession and I could barely afford to buy groceries this week, so I need a lot more temptation that that to spend enough money for 100 HP

Guess you don't understand the concept of pay for item games. The game is free, and those that actually like the game can help the developers by buying in-game items. There are some like yourself that are too cheap to ever pay for games, and that's fine, but there's no need for you to bi.tch about it. Its a FREE game and perfectly playable without the cash items.

rowenacarlos
05-14-2012, 12:07 AM
rowena-carlos@hotmail.com
:)
We just added a new Shop item to the game. It is a Panacea. A panacea is a cure for all medical malady's. This item can be found in the 'Energy' section in the shop. Be sure to click the side arrow as it is not in the first visual section of the Energy Tab.

What does this item do: Once you purchase the item and enable it, it instantly cures all the patients in your ward and all of the patients in your pharmacy!

LadyTexas
05-14-2012, 01:33 AM
Guess you don't understand the concept of pay for item games. The game is free, and those that actually like the game can help the developers by buying in-game items. There are some like yourself that are too cheap to ever pay for games, and that's fine, but there's no need for you to bi.tch about it. Its a FREE game and perfectly playable without the cash items.

it's not the fact that the person might be too cheap or not, Some of us who turn to free web games, don't have the money to splurge on items. And technically he or she wasn't bi.tching they were just posting their opinion. And if you had read what they wrote thoroughly you would have noticed something.

It's a recession and I could barely afford to buy groceries this week
^ I'm in the same boat as that person, And my only entertainment right now, Is free web games. It's hard to earn money like we use to now a days. Would be nice if it was like back in the 90s where things was affordable. and gas was at $1-$2... Than I and those who are "broke" can splurge on items.

I have to agree making it a reward for a case, maybe a hard case would be nice every now and again... Or maybe just maybe lower the price just a bit. So every one can afford it.

Love the game by the way, keep up the great work.

anniessong53
05-14-2012, 01:56 AM
lady texas is right ,there are so many of us that may love the game but at the same time we are on a very fixed income,i'm on disability and that's my only income and we might wish we could afford to pay for some of those things but just can't afford to

ubi-captherp
05-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Thank you for your comments. This is a great item, and suggestions are always welcome on the Feedback and Suggestions forum to help us continue to improve the game.

faerieevenstar
05-14-2012, 09:22 PM
Thank you LadyTexas for explaining what I meant. I'm not an idiot. I've posted some long, well thought out feedback explaining what I personally believe people will and won't shell out money on in game. I'm not "too cheap" and that's actually very hurtful. You know nothing about me! I'm disabled an unable to work so I live off solely my husband's income and the pittance I get in government benefits. I have spent money on several internet based games in the past, but I have explained to the developers here why I don't feel the need to dip into my pockets here right now. I'm poor yes, but with the right incentive and the right price, sometimes I could be persuaded to buy bits and bobs for games as I have done previously.

I've been gaming since I was born in the early 80s and was brought up with the BBC Micro, and I know a good game when I see one, and I also know when it's not. This game is GOOD but some things just aren't balanced right like energy regen and the pricing on extras. It needs tweaking still, and that's why people run beta testing. I'm really enjoying this game, and given time and the right things I'll probably dip into my wallet, but 100 House Points is about 8 ish I think, and I can't afford that by a long shot!!! If I had 8 to spare I'd have bought my cat some cat litter (I'm having to space out the bag I've got now a bit longer) and some other groceries and boring stuff before I could justify buying an imaginary pill to use once and have vanish in seconds...

I'm going off on a tangent, but I guess what I'm saying is, no I'm not cheap, I'm poor and that's different. And I will spend money on the right things. Maybe I'm not the target market and it's aimed more at teens who are all spend spend spend, not someone pushing 30 with too much time to spare! I'd love to see better hairstyles and outfits for the avatars- I would consider buying points. I did notice yesterday that I gained 2 House Points for curing the patient, and I'd not noticed that before (oops! :o ) which means with enough cases we could get enough HP to buy some things (100 would be a way off, but still!)

I'm only ONE person with an opinion and maybe I'm in the minority, but I say what I think... the programmers etc have done well here, but I still think they need to think more about some aspects, and this Panacea seemed a little... odd to me!

ubi-captherp
05-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Again, thank you very much for your thoughts, and we appreciate what you're saying.

steelergal
06-17-2012, 06:25 PM
I just do not understand how I get coins without paying real cash for them

ubi-captherp
07-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Time to close this one, I guess.