PDA

View Full Version : A few gameplay issues I'm still not fully understanding: help appreciated

Bahger.P.
04-26-2012, 03:09 AM
These are rather basic questions but I'm still new to the public Beta so I appreciate your patience:

1. Exactly what is the percentage value in the HUD, Crtical Hit Percentage, or something like that? What happens when it is enhanced by vest power-ups? Why does it sometimes read higher, or lower?

2. Am I correct in assuming that the armored vest power-ups are those little insert things and that you can eqiup two at a time? Am I also correct in assuming that the benefit is not persistent, i.e. as the player's health degrades and he takes hits, they need to be replaced?

3. "Blitz" does not kill enemies but knocks them down on contact, where they can be shot on the ground by teammates?

4. Exactly what function is served by those boxes and crates you get after completing certain goals? They appear to have resale value but who are we supposed to sell them to?

5. How does the equipment resale function work in general? I've noticed that I can buy a gun for, say, 2400 points but its resale value, at about a tenth of this amount, is so low, what's the point of trading it and to whom are we supposed to trade? Is the idea to sell it back to the store? If so, again I ask, what's the incentive when the net loss is so huge?

Agai, thanks in anticipation for your help.

FaLleNx_
04-26-2012, 06:56 AM
These are rather basic questions but I'm still new to the public Beta so I appreciate your patience:

1. Exactly what is the percentage value in the HUD, Crtical Hit Percentage, or something like that? What happens when it is enhanced by vest power-ups? Why does it sometimes read higher, or lower?

Percentage is mainly your chance of scoring a critical hit on someone you're shooting at, it is in no way enhanced by armor inserts as these only boost the stats in your armor (health/regen/toughness etc.)

2. Am I correct in assuming that the armored vest power-ups are those little insert things and that you can eqiup two at a time? Am I also correct in assuming that the benefit is not persistent, i.e. as the player's health degrades and he takes hits, they need to be replaced?

Yep, they're armor inserts and you can equip more than two inserts whenever you buy an upgraded piece of armor from the store. They're also expendable, meaning that eventually they will run out and you'll have to buy more inserts. Durability is affected on how much damage you take while in a match I think.*

3. "Blitz" does not kill enemies but knocks them down on contact, where they can be shot on the ground by teammates?

When you knock someone down with blitz they have a short recovery time in which they cannot move or shoot back. Either you or your teammates can shoot them while they're down. You just have to cancel the ability by pressing F again to shoot them again.

4. Exactly what function is served by those boxes and crates you get after completing certain goals? They appear to have resale value but who are we supposed to sell them to?

Those boxes are called loot, there are three types of boxes: common, rare and legendary. Each box can have grenades, armor inserts, magnum ammo, scopes. You get different things depending on the type of box you get. Scopes and magnum ammo as well as MK 3/4 armor inserts can be found on rare and legendary boxes while common mainly gives nades or MK 1/2 armor inserts. You're not meant to sell them as they give you free loot and its just not worth getting 20 RP when you can get a lot more stuff from it.

5. How does the equipment resale function work in general? I've noticed that I can buy a gun for, say, 2400 points but its resale value, at about a tenth of this amount, is so low, what's the point of trading it and to whom are we supposed to trade? Is the idea to sell it back to the store? If so, again I ask, what's the incentive when the net loss is so huge?

I don't really recommend selling anything you bought mainly because the resale price is just too low as you have mentioned. There really is no incentive to sell back your hard earned guns unless you don't want them or you're in dire need of fast cash. Selling your stuff is just not worth it really.

Again, thanks in anticipation for your help.

/10chars

Bahger.P.
04-26-2012, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the helpful reply.

I'm still a little baffled by the "Critical Evasion" concept, as it does appear to be influenced by the choice of armor inserts, as it's a catgory in that menu screen.

FaLleNx_
04-26-2012, 06:01 PM
Critical evasion makes it so that people get less critical shots on you and possibly evade a 1 shot kill. Also crit. hits seem to be happen more often when you go for headshots.The other night I got a 120 damage critical headshot on someone and they managed to survive. Also your crit. damage percentage increases each time you level up your weapon proficiency. So lets say you have a level 1 gun with 8% critcal, then you level it up and then you have a 9%/10% critical percentage.

*I'm not sure what crit. % each gun has at level 1, so I'm just making examples.

Bahger.P.
04-26-2012, 07:03 PM
Thanks! I'm beginning to understand this but it remains one of the more abstract gameplay devices I have ever encountered.

(Not that it's necessarily bad...I've been more effective in Assault since tweaking my Crit Evasion up via both armor enhancements and weapon level awards)

JasonWeis
04-26-2012, 11:03 PM
I've noticed as a sniper, the crit % changes when you move your sights. So if you stay steady for a few seconds, you get the full crit from your weapon proficiency.

KegaroOne
04-28-2012, 09:23 PM
I've noticed as a sniper, the crit % changes when you move your sights. So if you stay steady for a few seconds, you get the full crit from your weapon proficiency.

This happens on all of the weapons when you are ADS. It happens on my Assault with my Mk.16 and it also happens on my Spec with my MG36. I'm not sure how Crit% works when you hip fire as there is no number indication when you do so, it only shows when you ADS.