PDA

View Full Version : Need help with dedicated server and mission building for it

vogon1
01-22-2004, 04:22 AM
Hi all,
I have made a few missions before, but after seeing the excellent dedicated server Fallen Angels have,I would like to set up something similar.
The server had a limited amount and types of planes, an ongoing ground war, and the server reported the remaining aircraft on each side after any loss.
I have downloaded and installed the IL2 server, but how I generate a campaign on the server and set up all the above, is were I am stuck.
Could anyone give me a pretty much newbie guide to doing this, and/or point me to some helpfull websites.
TIA

vogon1
01-22-2004, 04:22 AM
Hi all,
I have made a few missions before, but after seeing the excellent dedicated server Fallen Angels have,I would like to set up something similar.
The server had a limited amount and types of planes, an ongoing ground war, and the server reported the remaining aircraft on each side after any loss.
I have downloaded and installed the IL2 server, but how I generate a campaign on the server and set up all the above, is were I am stuck.
Could anyone give me a pretty much newbie guide to doing this, and/or point me to some helpfull websites.
TIA

tHeBaLrOgRoCkS
01-22-2004, 01:22 PM
Sounds To me like that server may have been running the script package from this web site

http://www.greatergreen.com/il2/bbz/#fbdstats

stats is one portion of the whole suite but check it out and see what you think

Good Luck Ôž

vogon1
01-22-2004, 04:56 PM
That looks like it, thanks http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

vogon1
01-23-2004, 05:35 AM
Ok, it looks like I have it all almost configured.
Only thing is how do I display the stats that FBDaemon shows, on the chat screen for IL2FB (things like aircraft remaining, users country, superuser joined etc) ?
TIA

TgD-Sammie
01-23-2004, 08:40 PM
Stop by the greatergreen forums and I will help you out. Unfortunately I am so busy these days that it's lucky when I stumble upon a thread like this. I check my forums all the time though. Also, FBD2 is right around the corner, which is a total rebuild of the architecture, rewrite of most of the code, some enhancements, bug fixes, etc. I hope many of the common issues are cleared up in FBD2...

Thanks,
Sammie