PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft: Giving you more than just games

Ubi-Mush
04-14-2012, 09:23 PM
Have you guys seen this video? there is a part about GRFS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXYvOiWntpc&feature=relmfu

snoopyau
04-16-2012, 07:48 PM
Honestly save the money on trailers and game promo media clips and put that time/effort/money into feedback/fixing games/playable demos.

Some of the best games Ive played have no movie scenes but instead just in game npc scenes to quickly move onto gameplay.

Not all gamers want movie storys in all games. Sure single player solo games would be enchanced with it , but for multiplayer games
it may not.

I have found games just come out with gigs of video footage and pictures which is all glossed up isnt that new .
But what gamers need is REAL factual information what gamers need a playable PC demos before games go retail.

Along with LAN support, 4 player coop , fun multi player modes to 8 players , and free standalone dedicated servers.
Also the choice of playing games online with ubi/uplay but instead direct ip.

If you look at your own forum , people need direct communication between customers/community and the company.
Especially when it comes to series like Ghost Recon , Rainbow Six , Splinter Cell .

Its mentioned that games is social , yes , series like GR/R6/SC is very social via coop play but you have reduced the features of coop
over the years. GR1 had LAN coop for 8 players. Old R6 to R6 RS supported 8 coop. Now its hard to find coop with LAN with 1 other mate.

Uplay is a good feature of games, but I would like to see it expand to replace gamespy for the online multiplayer gaming.
It currently doesnt seem to support coop play. Achivments or goals or things completed in the game with your friends/online players.

I would like to see uplay support older games aswell. Also it would be nice to have your character achivments from the past game possibly
replayed in a new game. eg if you killed a enemy in such a spactar fasion in GRAW2 or SCC possibly fit that in the story line that its turned into a saved cutscene
for the new game and somehow its replayed in the new one as footage of your past exploits

snoopyau
04-16-2012, 08:15 PM
By the looks of the trailer interview the game looks good but two things worry me.

Colors - To much like GRAW1 and GRAW2 , why are so many games limited in colors these days, honestly does everything have to be only yellow and brown compared to the colors in Ground Branch PC , Ground Branch looks a lot better in this regard .

Still no PROPER STANDALONE unranked DEDICATED SERVER support on Windows/Linux

Rapier-4
04-17-2012, 06:45 AM
Will the game's Multiplayer be Matchmaking-based or server-based? Because AC Brotherhood and Revelations Matchmaking have been a let down, same with Splinter Cell: Conviction, with all the Port-forwarding issues. Can I look forward to better MP experience with Ghost Recon: Future Soldier?

Kirq
04-17-2012, 09:09 AM
By the looks of the trailer interview the game looks good but two things worry me.

Colors - To much like GRAW1 and GRAW2 , why are so many games limited in colors these days, honestly does everything have to be only yellow and brown compared to the colors in Ground Branch PC , Ground Branch looks a lot better in this regard .

Still no PROPER STANDALONE unranked DEDICATED SERVER support on Windows/Linux

Well, Ground Branch will have dedicated servers and full mod support :)

athenian
04-17-2012, 05:26 PM
Well, Ground Branch will have dedicated servers and full mod support :)

Because Ground Branch is a PC game, GR:FS is not. Just because a game is playable on a PC, does not make it a PC game.

Kirq
04-17-2012, 05:40 PM
Because Ground Branch is a PC game, GR:FS is not. Just because a game is playable on a PC, does not make it a PC game.
I'm perfectly aware of that my Friend.

PS. Your avatar looks familiar, is that You Bota:16?

EDIT

PPS. I've just noticed Your signature :)

athenian
04-26-2012, 07:18 AM
I know, just stating it for others to read. ;)

GuZZ33
04-26-2012, 01:39 PM
All video games are made on the PC, so what you said above is a moot point/issue (i'm not being rude or argumentative just stating the facts). You can't develop/design a game on a console, it's impossible. A PC game is a PC game. What i wanted to know was details for the PC version. Certain PC details for GRFS have been out for a while on this forum, and Ubisoft/Devs have said that they are working on several improvements in order to take full advantage of the PC platform. Any other PC specific features will be updated after the console version, well that's the impression i get.