PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck, Goodbye, Good Riddance !

Red_Iguana
03-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Beautiful eye candy UBI, thats all I can say. The SP game runs ok, but I bought this thinking the MP side was gonna rock. Sorry to say this is the most pitifull excuse for a multiplayer game I have ever seen or played.

So, the patch even makes it worse. I will venture to my software outlet and request a refund. Pitifully poor MP... you blew it...
Fire whoever made it...

Red_Iguana
03-27-2004, 02:37 PM
Beautiful eye candy UBI, thats all I can say. The SP game runs ok, but I bought this thinking the MP side was gonna rock. Sorry to say this is the most pitifull excuse for a multiplayer game I have ever seen or played.

So, the patch even makes it worse. I will venture to my software outlet and request a refund. Pitifully poor MP... you blew it...
Fire whoever made it...

Mister_Bump
03-27-2004, 02:42 PM
Don't let the door hit you on the way out. ****.

Why don't you head over to the UT2k4 forums and complain that the single player in that game is crap, just to really complete your status as moron.
-----
Argument (ar*gyou*ment) n. A discussion that occurs when I'm right, but they haven't realised it yet.

Toy Room (http://www.btinternet.com/~olly.howard/projector2.htm)

P4c 2.6Ghz HT 800 FSB
Hercules Radeon 9800 Pro
1Gb Corsair PC3200 XMS LL
Abit IC7-G
2x120Gb WD SATA-150 RAID 0

Shuzer
03-27-2004, 02:49 PM
I hope you are unable to get your money back or get another game.

seinfeldrules33
03-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Well it really is a pretty bad MP. If you cannot honestly see that then you need to open your eyes. The number of issues on this forum should be plenty of proof...

ThePsycold
03-27-2004, 02:56 PM
You people have no faith and no patience, this community needs less people like you nay-sayers. Just leave without having to announce how stupid you are to the world, the bandwidth you wasted is worth more than your sorry excuse for a life.

Incognitogamer
03-27-2004, 02:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seinfeldrules33:
Well it really is a pretty bad MP. If you cannot honestly see that then you need to open your eyes. The number of issues on this forum should be plenty of proof...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, if you ONLY look at the posts on this forum, then all you'll see is people *****in... cause everyone else is out there, playing the game and couldn't care less that for some reason your game is ****ed up.

Go cry to mommy somemore, kid.

5fbb4a9053183eb79fcc552c8b15f945
03-27-2004, 03:09 PM
Incognitogamer is right (although he was a meany when he said it). Most people are playing. The ones who have problems come to the boards. It would be a mistake to draw any sort of statistical information from the things you read on the forums.

That said, the SP game in FarCry rocks....modding potential is huge, and with a little bit of time the problems in the MP parts of the game most certainly will be fixed.

To the original poster: What on God's green earth led you to believe that the MP in FarCry was gonna "rock"? Everything I've read on the 'net said it's a great SP experience and the MP was just so-so. Did you read some reviews? Sounds like you were led to believe wrongly.

Red_Iguana
03-27-2004, 03:23 PM
Well children, I have just returned from my local EB store with a refund. And to those of you who "like" the "play it one time and put it on the shelf" one time shooter, play your little hearts out. For a online game, if you don;t think this MP sucks, you are the morons. By the way, the local manager said I was the 34 person to return this game today.. So you got a lot of space on the "servers" with lag out of this world, and the great PB protection that really blows..

Have fun! Guess I am not the only one from reading the rest of the forum posts whose not happy with a buggy game that can't run right on a $3700 gaming server. I don't have time to sit and wait for more buggy fixes. To many other new games that WORK! Bye -bye (and feel free to flame away) I am busy playing a game at 100 fbs on servers that don't kick you every five minutes...

Shuzer
03-27-2004, 03:25 PM
Ah, he has a pre-built. Figures, people who buy pre-builts aren't very bright in the first place.. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BRAVO_01
03-27-2004, 03:26 PM
graphics are great and single player storyline was good to me havent tried multi-player yet their does need to be a better ingame save feature,So far I cant really find anything to ***** about

later
my system
P-4/3.2
2 gig kingston hyperx ddr 466
asus p4c800-e deluxe
bfg tech 5950 ultra
soundblaster audigy 2 zs
2 120 gig western digital seral ata drives

[This message was edited by BRAVO_01 on Sat March 27 2004 at 02:39 PM.]

Mister_Bump
03-27-2004, 03:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shuzer:
Ah, he has a pre-built. Figures, people who buy pre-builts aren't very bright in the first place.. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
So true....

-----
Argument (ar*gyou*ment) n. A discussion that occurs when I'm right, but they haven't realised it yet.

Toy Room (http://www.btinternet.com/~olly.howard/projector2.htm)

P4c 2.6Ghz HT 800 FSB
Hercules Radeon 9800 Pro
Abit IC7-G
2x120Gb WD SATA-150 RAID 0

aka_stevey
03-27-2004, 03:32 PM
We could flame away, but to be honest, it's a waste of everyone's time - dunno what you want to achieve through this, but sorry you don't like the game. Hope the next game you buy you enjoy. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

thedudemanguy
03-27-2004, 03:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by seinfeldrules33:
Well it really is a pretty bad MP. If you cannot honestly see that then you need to open your eyes. The number of issues on this forum should be plenty of proof...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No it isn't. The one glaring issue is lag. This is half the fault that the official servers aren't up cause they are not patched and most servers stink, half the fault of crytek needs to enhance the netcode. The MP is not like it's a stinking pile of poo otherwise, just lag and a few glitches killing it right now. Have you played games before? This is a remarkably polished SP and MP release.

L337Bossman
03-27-2004, 03:36 PM
I don't really think 34 people returned the game to the same EB on one day. EB doesn't even like taking returns, especially if you don't "like" it.

snapey999
03-27-2004, 03:43 PM
The last Ubisoft game I had that used their multiplayer community was sack of sh!t.

And any1 that patches their software the day its released should really be taken outside and hammered into the ground with a cricket bat.

I currently looking forward to the day I see a Far Cry server with a sub 100ms ping.

Blud_E_Gutz
03-27-2004, 03:47 PM
Listen, as a BETA tester for this game, I (and others) posted that the MP was nothing special and the Lag was bad. I said in one beta forum that I hoped the SP game was long and involved because I wouldn't be buying it for the MP play.

Guess they didn't listen to me.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/gwgreer/blud70.gif

JKoopman
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Red_Iguana:
Well children, I have just returned from my local EB store with a refund. And to those of you who "like" the "play it one time and put it on the shelf" one time shooter, play your little hearts out. For a online game, if you don;t think this MP sucks, you are the morons. By the way, the local manager said I was the 34 person to return this game today.. So you got a lot of space on the "servers" with lag out of this world, and the great PB protection that really blows..

Have fun! Guess I am not the only one from reading the rest of the forum posts whose not happy with a buggy game that can't run right on a $3700 gaming server. I don't have time to sit and wait for more buggy fixes. To many other new games that WORK! Bye -bye (and feel free to flame away) I am busy playing a game at 100 fbs on servers that don't kick you every five minutes...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're obviously lying. No game store would ever allow you an exchenge, much less give you a FULL CASH REFUND, simply because you didn't like the multiplayer component of a game you purchased and played through. And I certainly doubt that they'd do the same for 34 other people as well.

If the game was defective, they might allow you to exhange it for another copy, but there's no way they'd give you a refund after you've already opened the packaging and registered that copy's serial number.

brett6969
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by L337Bossman:
I don't really think 34 people returned the game to the same EB on one day. EB doesn't even like taking returns, especially if you don't "like" it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i think he made that up too, maybe thay said 3 or 4 have returned it & in his tinny little brain he heard 34 :P

Ewog
03-27-2004, 03:57 PM
ppl like this clown are the ones that you can always count on when a game is released. These are they guys who have a pre-assembled dell or alienware cool-guy computer and they think that because they paid all that money (I laugh at thee) so they can have a smokin computer and play every game without issues...ESPECIALLY new releases that they don't take into consideration that every game has issues. I paid a third of what he payed and My computer runs just great. I can run all render modes, everything on medium, play in a 32 person server with minimal lag and I don't even have a super DSL, just the regular dsl. BTW, I've been playing MP FPS PC games since before gamespy came out and introduced 99% of these kids to online gaming. It's great being genX.

This game is far ahead of it's time and almost ALL of us in the gaming community knew that issues were to be had indefinitely due to the software/hardware curve. This is only the beginning of a very new and much needed chapter in gaming. I'm proud to be a part of the better side of the community who undersstand al the issues but know how to deal with them.

Red_Iguana
03-27-2004, 03:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JKoopman:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Red_Iguana:

Have fun! Guess I am not the only one from reading the rest of the forum posts whose not happy with a buggy game that can't run right on a $3700 gaming server. I don't have time to sit and wait for more buggy fixes. To many other new games that WORK! Bye -bye (and feel free to flame away) I am busy playing a game at 100 fbs on servers that don't kick you every five minutes...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're obviously lying. No game store would ever allow you an exchenge, much less give you a FULL CASH REFUND, simply because you didn't like the multiplayer component of a game you purchased and played through. And I certainly doubt that they'd do the same for 34 other people as well.

If the game was defective, they might allow you to exhange it for another copy, but there's no way they'd give you a refund after you've already opened the packaging and registered that copy's serial number.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure they would.. they did...cause I am a big client of theirs.. and as having a prebuilt.. lol.. My machine is used to DEMO games for my PC business. I buy the game to test.. It flunked. A patch on the FIRST DAY of release? What does that tell you.. (RELEASED TO SOON!)
You noobs..!

Ewog
03-27-2004, 04:02 PM
It wasn't on the first day of release for the US side. And as far as I'm concerned that just means that the Dev's are on top of things 'round here. Now go play your other game.

G512
03-27-2004, 04:07 PM
You sound like a child to me. I think maybe if you reworded your whole post, perhaps people would not be having a go at you.

IMAX3D
03-27-2004, 04:10 PM
MAN, I HOPE THE MP/SP F.C. DOESN'T SUCK CAUSE "PC GAMER" SAID THE PREVIEW OF FAR CRY LOOKED SO GOOD THAT IT MIGHT EVEN BE A CONTENDER WITH HALF-LIFE 2 AND DOOM 3... WERE THEY WRONG???

I was hoping the mp side of far cry would be as good as bf-1942 but not sure... this is a big influencing factor if I should purchase it....hmmmm...

no way that guy got his $$$ back...software is always exchanged and never refunded (due to copying...)

Pip-Boy-Three
03-27-2004, 04:11 PM
24 people brought their game back to 1 store? come off it. gotta love a blatent liar.

Like someone else here said, you cant really come and post about how good the game is when you are too busy PLAYING it.

On the opening day, before any patches, I played multiplayer for 12 hours straight, only requiring me to restart the game once about every hour because of fps (a bug to be sure, but one that I happily dealt with considering how much more fun we were having than with BF:V or UT2k4 which were the other games we played earlier in the lan.

12 HOURS OF FARCRY MULTIPLAYER!

it was GREAT. and it will only get better, with more patchs, and more community content. the good games always do.

incidently, half life 2 will be an over-rated piece of cheat ridden turd by the time it comes out. every one of the gameplay demos so far was scripted, the ai does not perform like that in the actual game.

the next "fps" i am looking foward to is stalker, which, suprisingly enough, is very similar in style to far cry (as far as looks go).

LunnMH
03-27-2004, 04:15 PM
I have to agree with first post. I beta tested this game so played for sometime in multiplayer and i have to say that it does not measure up to a good multiplayer game.

Single player rocks but once i complete it i doubt ill use far-cry again unless the mods are cool.

If this game was released same time as HL2 then i wouldnt even have considered buying it, only bought due to nothing else in the market at the time. Timing is everything and thats one thing that UBI/Crytek done well.

Xaser III SuperTower

P4 3.2 with Hyper Threading 800FSB
Cool Master JET 4 ICB-V83 keeping it cool
Asus P4C800 Motherbaord with Intel 875P chipset
1GB Kingston DDR400 PC3200
Gainward Ultra/1800 Golden Sample 5950U 256Ram
Creative 5.1 Soundblaster
Enermax 460W PSU
Excelstor 80GB UDMA100 7200rpm
3DMark03 Score - 6678

seinfeldrules33
03-27-2004, 04:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Incognitogamer:

Yes, if you ONLY look at the posts on this forum, then all you'll see is people *****in... cause everyone else is out there, playing the game and couldn't care less that for some reason your game is ****ed up.

Go cry to mommy somemore, kid.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh glad to see you couldnt bring any maturity to the conversation. I, along with EVEYONE else i have talked to playing MP says it really needs to be worked over. Glad to see your the only one it works for.

Also i have played online games before. Try playing CoD then going to this. Out of the box CoD worked fine on many servers AND gave you a good FPS. This game's netcode is bad and the levels are too big for most to obtain a good FPS.

Hal1ucinogen
03-27-2004, 04:19 PM
I finished FC already, and I started playing it again.

=============================
Windows XP SP1
Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev.2
Athlon XP 2500 @ 2.4GHz
Corsair XMS 512MB DDR400
Radeon 9700 Pro (overclocked)
Maxtor 60+60GB 7200RPM
21" Samsung Monitor
10Mbit Cable

E.Watson
03-27-2004, 04:20 PM
I also think the MP is bad. I didn't know it was going to be like UT4 (arcadish). I hope someone mod the game and make it a little slower.Everyone runs 30mph and its hard to shoot them. I thought the game was going to have a little realness to the MP. As for the SP, its the damn best single player game I have ever played.

oeqvist
03-27-2004, 04:26 PM
Well I couldn´t care less about MP. SP has always been and will always be larger than MP. MP gets repetitive damn quick really. I mean all you do in MP is replaying over and over again. It´s not like IL 2 FB where every dog fight is different. In fps:s it´s just about always the same.

CrypricX
03-27-2004, 04:27 PM
yeah the single player kicks ***, but the multiplayer could use a little work, i mean its cool that they realy didnt change the game to much for multiplayer, you still got the great draw distances, the cool water,and vehicles, but the netcode needs work, but all in all the game is very good.

and red-tampon or whatever your name was, you didnt return the game to EB along with 34 other people, admit it. you sound like your 12 with all the crap you say and obvious lies. get a life Farcry rocks.

IMAX3D
03-27-2004, 04:53 PM
I found this post from "RED IGUANA" (THE GUY WHO STARTED THIS POST)JUST 2 DAYS AGO:" Originally posted from Red Iguanahttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gifosted Thu March 25 2004 05:57 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Geiger:
We are going to be working on improving MP game play ongoing.

Constructive feedback works best.

Kurtis 'Geiger' Buckmaster
Community Director

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

red iguana responds...:
"Didn't mean to sound negative, the game is one of the best out.. in single player. IF you get the MP mode to respond half as well, you have the best shooter ever made. Curently, to much hesitation, delay, and other weird things like players who never get off a shot, yet kill you (has to be a lag issue). I look forward to the patch release and future improvements.
The dollars spent were well it. We are setting up a clan based game and network play is gonna be essential to us. There simply are no good operating MP games out that perform 100%. My comment was meant not as a critisism, but a fact that the Tribes 2 online game is the best at this time for a MP team game. I am sure with the patches and MP support that these current problems (which all new releases have) will be fixed. You seem to have a great support team! Keep up the good work , Red Iguana"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
boy, how red iguana's attitude on this game changed fast....lol

MrPibbo
03-27-2004, 05:05 PM
Iguana. You're lieing.

http://nova.deadlyfear.com/forums/uploads/post-28-1079389247.gif Dark Blood: Apocalypse Tomorow (http://nova.deadlyfear.com/darkblood)

Hertston
03-27-2004, 05:15 PM
Multiplay is poor.. but with a single-player game this good, who cares ?

The era of games that excel at both (and there never were many) is coming to an end. Personally, I'm all in favour of concentrating development on one or the other. Better a game excels in one area than being average in both.

NGResonance
03-27-2004, 05:52 PM
LOL he paid $3700 for a PC...

ROFL!!!!!!!

I pad a $1000 for mine about 6 months ago, and the game run beautifully.

And not to be knit-picky, but when I was reading up on this game a few months ago, it was my uderstanding that this was going to be mainly a SP game. Best $40 I spent in three years! Your loss, sorry you didn't read up on the game before you bought it. But then again you got suckered into spending $3700 for a PC....ROFL Oh excuse me, you purchased a game server.... Even funnier! So are you co-locating that, or is it hooked up to netzero?

Danish12345
03-27-2004, 06:03 PM

Well i did the same http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ****ing bad mp ubisoft get urself 2gether

Hal1ucinogen
03-27-2004, 06:22 PM
Sure they would.. they did...cause I am a big client of theirs.. and as having a prebuilt.. lol.. My machine is used to DEMO games for my PC business. I buy the game to test.. It flunked. A patch on the FIRST DAY of release? What does that tell you.. (RELEASED TO SOON!)
You noobs..!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are the biggest loser and liar on this whole message board, NO store would return or exchange open software, NONE, I have EB games here right here by my house, and their policy is strict, so stop lying and stfu, your making yourself look like an idiot.
Damn children.

Windows XP SP1
Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev.2
Athlon XP 2500 @ 2.4GHz
Corsair XMS 512MB DDR400
Maxtor 60+60GB 7200RPM
21" Samsung Monitor
10Mbit Cable

Hal1ucinogen
03-27-2004, 06:24 PM
Guess I am not the only one from reading the rest of the forum posts whose not happy with a buggy game that can't run right on a $3700 gaming server. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea too bad you have 386DX with 4MB of ram and integrated video card.
Sore loser.

Windows XP SP1
Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev.2
Athlon XP 2500 @ 2.4GHz
Corsair XMS 512MB DDR400
Maxtor 60+60GB 7200RPM
21" Samsung Monitor
10Mbit Cable

ThePsycold
03-27-2004, 06:28 PM
I am literally laughing out loud reading this Red Iguana's posts, I don't think I've seen someone lie that many times in a row.

infydave
03-27-2004, 06:28 PM
As far as releasing a patch on the 'first day' goes, what did you want them to do - make a patch then wait a few weeks before they released it?

I think it's good to see them trying to support the game from the off. They could have just sat back watching the cash flow in and let everyone moan but they didn't.

I do hope they keep listening to improvements with the multiplayer even though I think its a perfectly fine game as it is - it's just different. And Half-Life DM wasn't particularly good or noteworthy when that was released either. That took a number of patches and a small mod by the name of CS to keep HL multiplayer alive.

I think some people forget that, (like this game) the single player was great and the multiplayer wasn't as good on release and Valve were relatively new developers on the scene too. They were given a chance, so why can't Crytek have one?

TLBatMan
03-27-2004, 06:41 PM

Fire whoever made it...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah game looks great nothing even close right now.

Sorry your not happy good luck where ever you go. Cya guy. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/59.gif

ScopeGlare
03-27-2004, 06:48 PM
funny how peeps jump right on top of the flamebait haha... still good fun tho heh

3700$ worth of gear and you cant run the game properly ? Used for demo'ing **** for yer company ? rofl

haha can you elaborate on your company ? Just wanna make sure I never do business with it, cuz u sure sound incompetent. Or just maybe you're a little kid whose daddy-o bought u "kickass gaming server" and now u cry cuz its not up to par haha

last idiot isnt born yet obviously http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/mockface.gif

seinfeldrules33
03-27-2004, 07:21 PM
Um why are people personally insulting this guy for having a gaming server? I dont think he started off by single handedly insulting everyone. If you need to 'protect' the honor of the game for some reason, then do it in a more mature manner. You have no reason to call him a liar about anything without sufficent proof to back it up. Who knows, he could be telling the truth and then who is the "lying little daddy's boy"?

cuz, looool,rofl http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif get real people.

Shuzer
03-27-2004, 07:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pip-Boy-Three:
incidently, half life 2 will be an over-rated piece of cheat ridden turd by the time it comes out. every one of the gameplay demos so far was scripted, the ai does not perform like that in the actual game.

the next "fps" i am looking foward to is stalker, which, suprisingly enough, is very similar in style to far cry (as far as looks go).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

mmmkay Mr. Speaksfromrear http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Barricade's (the video where he hid behind cars while being shot upon aside Barney, for the less informed) AI was completely dynamic, no scripting involved -- how about you know what you're talking about before mouthing off?

Yes, traptown was scripted, no, VALVe never claimed there'd be no scripts.
Besides, if you knew anything about the HL2 scene, it's that VALVe has stated the "AI" in the final product WILL be completely dynamic; I love how people judge stuff from a stolen build, or from what the IDIOTS in the Half-Life community blindly state (the HL community, while large, is primarily uninformed, opinionated and all together stupid).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by http://pc.ign.com/articles/501/501650p1.html

During the AI portion, the focus was on battle and squad AI, and Kevin stressed once again for us that the AI in Half-Life 2 is complete dynamic, and that nothing we were seeing was scripted. He also mentioned that, using the Source engine, enemies can detect you based on sight, sound or smell, and showed the Antlion demo where Gordon is using the pheromone grenades to control a group of aliens against emplaced turrets.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The E3 demos are old. What was shown was what they expect the AI to act like once the game ships, the public was NEVER supposed to be able to play what was shown at E3. You can't base ANYTHING on that stolen piece of crap build, although there were some good parts, it was, for the most part, extremely dated.

Wait for this year's E3, you'll see, if HL2 doesn't deliver on the AI (or, the game in general), there will be alot of unhappy campers.

As for now, it's all speculated crap by a community filled with rumor mongerers. I'd trust what VALVe says (no no, not Doug Lombardi http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif) over what someone in the community says.

Vyer
03-27-2004, 07:58 PM
Goodbye and good riddance is right.

Insecure much?

Incognitogamer
03-27-2004, 08:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Go cry to mommy somemore, kid.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just wanted to reiterate that, since you still think we care more than 2 ****s about you and your problems.

daalig
03-27-2004, 08:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Also i have played online games before. Try playing CoD then going to this. Out of the box CoD worked fine on many servers AND gave you a good FPS. This game's netcode is bad and the levels are too big for most to obtain a good FPS. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Call Of Duty is on a 4 year old Quake 3 Engine, of course it's going to have excellent Net Code and great FPS. So has every game that's came out on the Q3 Engine. (Q3, SOF2, MOH, etc...) CoD MP was nothing new, it copy the same format from CS and different games.

While Far Cry engine is new, the game has tried to be something that you can't find anywhere else. Ofcourse it's going to have some problems when it just came out, nearly all games do. They don't become bug free and lag free until like the 4th or 5th patch. And I'm sure they'll be working on the lag since the MoD Teams need a very smooth game to keep going.

Pose01
03-27-2004, 09:28 PM
i knew this was a single player game,first i read the box before i bought game and says exactly what type of gameplay mp offered...nothing exciting...but think of this the original halflife was same way,sp!! until they release mods and a few patches...play single player,keep with current news and eventually this game is going to be as great as half life 2 is expected to be!! wonder how many people will complain on day 1 of its release?!!

SaWGodFather
03-27-2004, 09:37 PM
I was goint to say something whitty but i like this response by Mister_Bump better lol
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Don't let the door hit you on the way out. ****.

Why don't you head over to the UT2k4 forums and complain that the single player in that game is crap, just to really complete your status as moron.
-----

Toy Room

P4c 2.6Ghz HT 800 FSB
Hercules Radeon 9800 Pro
Abit IC7-G
2x120Gb WD SATA-150 RAID 0 <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> lol
dude you should post more often lol.

Elders_Kurtz
03-27-2004, 09:40 PM
Yeah Iguanas quite a jagoff. Good riddance ********. =P This place is turning into a gladitorial arena except this time its the peasants watching the Romans...hehe.

Kurtz

JonnyY88
03-28-2004, 12:54 AM
Im definately not going to read even a third of these posts, because I hate the ignorance of the people who knock on the MP in this game... The game is as good as you make it, and not all developers are going to try to emulate BF and CS. There's more than one way to play a frickin MP game. There's nothing better than a good 1 v 1 dual, in my opinion, and this game is perfect for it. I don't see how you could complain about the MP anyways, the maps are great, the lens flare is awesome - forces a sniper to look around before he whips out his rifle, and the weapons are fantastic.

plenty of games have a patch on the opening week.

savage did - my favorite MP game. The nearness of the patch if anything should just tell you how much the team cares to get things right.

hell, even completely mp games will have patches even on the first day, there's neocron, SW:Galaxies, and that futuristic something something game that the folk at PCGamer play.

OwenneiL
03-28-2004, 01:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>And any1 that patches their software the day its released should really be taken outside and hammered into the ground with a cricket bat.

I currently looking forward to the day I see a Far Cry server with a sub 100ms ping.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

im glad that they are patching. ive yet seen a game come out that wasnt bug full and that they patched says to me there working on fixing and making it better. battlefield vietnam. is full of bugs yet to be patched, yet i still play it.

and why so much hating on pre build rigs? now thats un called for. hate the owner not the rig

Red_Wagon
03-28-2004, 02:03 AM
Shuzer it's very refreshing to see another person who has their Half-Life 2 facts straight. I mean I frigin *LOVE* FarCry, but Half-Life 2 has got a spot reserved right next to it. This could end up being the best FPS year ever.

- I'll fix his little red iguana.

- ...man cool just can't be taught.

chrisshiel
03-28-2004, 02:20 AM
yeh far cry has its problems, i only read a few the posts in this thread and got the jist. does anyone remember "tribes 2"???. remember when it came out, it didnt even open lol, let alone having dirty mp that needed a polish. mainly because it was a whole new concept. big open maps that didnt look like mustard smeared everywhere (counter strike). Far cry is the same, with all the different combinations of drivers and hardware of course there will be problems, these eventually will become non existant much in the same way tribes 2 is now awsome. Another example is battlefield 1942, that game over lan on machines that ran it 70fps + had lag like a 700ping, you couldnt shoot people. it too was a whole new concept of multiplay, yeh far in its own way works far better then these did when they first came out.

basically people need to grow up (i'm not being a keyboard warrioir) be patient with these things, it isnt the end of the world remember.

kickassclone
03-28-2004, 02:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shuzer:
Ah, he has a pre-built. Figures, people who buy pre-builts aren't very bright in the first place.. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

only people who do not know any better buy a pre-built p.o.s. and then complain that a $40 game was a waste of money.....my rig will rip an ALIENWARES A$$ for less than HALF the PRICE.

http://home.earthlink.net/~steelie-slayer/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/eocsig.jpg

ElvirB
03-28-2004, 02:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by snapey999:
The last Ubisoft game I had that used their multiplayer community was sack of sh!t.

And any1 that patches their software the day its released should really be taken outside and hammered into the ground with a cricket bat.

I currently looking forward to the day I see a Far Cry server with a sub 100ms ping.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well if we could get ahold of a Linux Dedicated package than I would make a couple of really low ping test servers all over the nation.

Elvir B.
SeaServers / SeaGaming

kickassclone
03-28-2004, 02:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OwenneiL:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>And any1 that patches their software the day its released should really be taken outside and hammered into the ground with a cricket bat.

im glad that they are patching. ive yet seen a game come out that wasnt bug full and that they patched says to me there working on fixing and making it better. battlefield vietnam. is full of bugs yet to be patched, yet i still play it.

and why so much hating on pre build rigs? now thats un called for. hate the owner not the rig<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you made your own comp you would know why WE rip pre-made junk like WE do. You are the first lamea$$ that told me to hate a person instead of a machine. You are a total frickin' doofus.

http://home.earthlink.net/~steelie-slayer/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/eocsig.jpg

OwenneiL
03-28-2004, 04:29 AM
you need to grow up.
i have build my own rig im on it now
so stfu

john19055
03-28-2004, 06:15 AM
I thought this game was a SP and the MP was soso,The game plays great on my $1200 system,but 34 people bringing the game back,that's hard to believe,since I can't even get Walmart to take back a game after it has been opened.

HK_Raven
03-28-2004, 06:47 AM
Well i have to side with the majority of the people and say that this guy(Iguana) is most likely some little kid that's lying through his teeth. They are on most forums. Even on some of the gun forums that i just to watch. Show up claming to have this or that gun even though only military and para-military(S.W.A.T and similiar) organisations are allowed to buy em http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif Same thing goes for refund. There is NO WAY you'll get a refund for a used PC game. Might with a console game but not a PC game, not unless you know someone at the store that can "sneak" it back in for you. As for the 3700USD rig... Now that's just a waste of money and if he indeed had such a rig then FC should run fine. Unless he got some really ****ty GFX card in it.

As for the MP lag.... WELL YOU IDIOTS IT'S LOADING UP HUGE ENVIROMENTS AND "SHIPPING" EM BETWEN THE COMPS AS THINGS HAPPENDS!! Ofcourse it's gonna lag more then some other game sending much less info due to worse gfx,smaller areas and what not.

Ravn_dk
03-28-2004, 08:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Danish12345:
Well i did the same http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif ****ing bad mp ubisoft get urself 2gether<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If your really a Dane, your lying. You cannot return opened games here in denmark. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

imm_moose
03-28-2004, 08:21 AM
you know what? this mp kicks the **** outta counter strike, ut2k3, and ALL the other games ive got.... (ive got about 150) its so much fun and it looks so good that i almost crapped my pants.

Meximusz1
03-28-2004, 08:49 AM
Farcry looks great and all but i have to agree that the MP sucks there are to many bug...but ill just wait till they get fixed