PDA

View Full Version : What I think needs tweaking/change. Do you agree?

Jimbostactics
04-10-2012, 03:39 AM
The sprinting seems too fast and the camera shakes like an earthquake. The gun pointing in the air is weird but whatever.

When you aim OTS, the crosshair seems too open, it should be more compact or tighter.

Seeing enemies glow in red through structures is really overpowered and ruins tactical play.

DanHibikiFanXM
04-10-2012, 03:50 AM
I can agree with the OP. However for me nearly all of my issues and beefs with this game and what I've seen from the multiplayer would be instantly removed with the inclusion of some kind of hardcore mode. No health regeneration, no stupid AR or clutterific HUDs, no mini-map, no gimmicky gadgets, and tweaking the cover system to something more like the High Stakes from the Vegas games.... That's all it would take for me to be totally happy on the multiplayer side. That's it. That's all I want. Just a hardcore mode.

alxn
04-10-2012, 04:10 AM
The sprinting seems too fast and the camera shakes like an earthquake. The gun pointing in the air is weird but whatever.

When you aim OTS, the crosshair seems too open, it should be more compact or tighter.

Seeing enemies glow in red through structures is really overpowered and ruins tactical play.

Let me preface by saying I'm not a Ghost Recon veteran, and I think many of the complaints I see in the forums come from those that don't like the changes from past Ghost Recon titles. I do sympathize with those that don't want to see their favorite franchise change. I wasn't very happy when Mass Effect went from an RPG to an action shooter.

That said, my interest in GR:FS is due specifically to its futuristic elements, and what looks like a decent movement system. Anyway, to address the OP's points:

1)I like fast sprinting. Don't know that I care about the shaky cam; I'll probably get used to it. I also don't have a problem with the gun pointing in the air; I'll be too busy looking for enemies to really focus on the character animations.

2) The OTS crosshairs should represent how accurate the gun is, with three accuracy levels: hip, left trigger zoom, and ADS. In the multiplayer videos, the size of the crosshairs changes with movement, so I believe that how compact the crosshairs are provides information on how much spread you are going to get if you fire at that instant.

3) I love the sensor grenades because I hate campers. I hate it when the enemy can hide from me. One of my favorite things about Brink (a game not many people liked as much as I did) was that the enemy couldn't hide from me so it all came down to tactics and shooting. (Not that hiding isn't a valid tactic; I just don't like it.)

OneEvilPikachu
04-10-2012, 04:41 AM
Here's how i feel.

1) i don't mind the fast sprinting,i mean they're sprinting for a reason,to get to point A to point B fast. Plus i would hate to be pinned down by 2 people and have a 3rd enemy flanking my right and my run/sprint is at the speed of a normal jog. I want to get the hell out of there. There for i like how the running speed to cover to cover is along with the sprinting speed. And the animation with running with the gun pointed in the sky. What does it truly matter? As long as they're not skipping down the yellow brick road into cover, i could care less

2) I believe the OTS crosshairs are reflected on multiple things. One being if you're moving while aiming,if you're out of cover,and how accurate your gun is normally plus how well you customized it to be accurate. So i believe they are fine

3) From what i seen about the sensor grenades, as from what i know right now, there isn't a way to counter them. I said this in another thread if you're going to give us grenades that enables us to see enemies through walls and buildings, sureeeeeeeeeee. I am all for it, BUT being on the other side, if I'm spotted through a wall/ building with a sensor grenade, or camera etc etc. Give me something that will block my position. A jammer grenade or something.

Something should counter sensor grenades. If I'm playing a non-respawn mode and I'm the last one left,and someone throws a sensor grenade. I'm basically fu*ked if the entire team is still alive. Now they all come swarming to my position and I'm left with no way to defend myself. I might as well put the controller down and wait to be shot. I should be able to throw down a grenade to block my position from being broadcasted to them and be allowed a fighting chance and get the hell out of there.

Vyper82
04-10-2012, 05:03 AM
Here's how i feel.

3) From what i seen about the sensor grenades, as from what i know right now, there isn't a way to counter them. I said this in another thread if you're going to give us grenades that enables us to see enemies through walls and buildings, sureeeeeeeeeee. I am all for it, BUT being on the other side, if I'm spotted through a wall/ building with a sensor grenade, or camera etc etc. Give me something that will block my position. A jammer grenade or something.

Something should counter sensor grenades. If I'm playing a non-respawn mode and I'm the last one left,and someone throws a sensor grenade. I'm basically fu*ked if the entire team is still alive. Now they all come swarming to my position and I'm left with no way to defend myself. I might as well put the controller down and wait to be shot. I should be able to throw down a grenade to block my position from being broadcasted to them and be allowed a fighting chance and get the hell out of there.

I've watched the personalisation video and from what I've noticed is that every class can equip a IEM grenade??? Now, my French is terrible so I couldn't read it's description properly but I think it is a chaff grenade which blocks sensor grenades/any electrical devices!

Can anyone who is French or knows French confirm what the IEM grenade actual does,thanks.

OneEvilPikachu
04-10-2012, 07:18 AM
I've watched the personalisation video and from what I've noticed is that every class can equip a IEM grenade??? Now, my French is terrible so I couldn't read it's description properly but I think it is a chaff grenade which blocks sensor grenades/any electrical devices!

Can anyone who is French or knows French confirm what the IEM grenade actual does,thanks.

I would really love to know. I wish someone could confirm this soon. Either that or wait until the beta.

Hortey
04-10-2012, 08:17 AM
1. The reason the sprint is able to be so fast is BECAUSE of the camera shake... this is not a game where sprinting everywhere should be your best option. You get increased speed at the cost of visibility, it's hard to spot movement when sprinting at full speed and if someone holding an area sees you sprinting, it should be easy for them to blow you away before you notice them. I like the shake on sprint... there are far too many games that either have people sprinting everywhere because it's the fastest way to get anywhere while also not interfering with your visibility and it looks stupid (cod, battlefield) or a nade lands near me and my character can't move fast enough... I yell at my xbox "THIS IS YOUR LIFE, ARE YOU TELLING ME YOU WOULDN'T MOVE FASTER IF IT MEANT CERTAIN DEATH?!?".

Like in battlefield when a grenade lands at your feet while prone, you plant your hand, push yourself to your feet, and start running. I would rather have a game where people didn't sprint everywhere because it left them open to attack, but when something like a nade landing at your feet happened, you would run like your F***ING life depended on it.

2. I don't care what the crosshairs are like. I know I will have better handling when prone and still than walking or crouching and still... does it really matter if it shows you the exact spread? If you aren't hitting targets focus on your gun control, don't rely on crosshairs. I would rather have crosshairs that are always bigger, than some that are always closer together and obscuring my view of my target.

3. You can counter the nades by moving away from them, using your own intel, blowing up their sensors, using an engineer with scrambler, or throwing an EMP into the mix. I'd wait to see how it plays out later on when everyone has their unlocks to judge.

Scoliotic
04-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Regenerating health is a game breaker for me. We're 5 games into the OTS view and the still haven't fixed that you can hide behind a rock, but can still see over it. PATHETIC.

jowell24
04-10-2012, 03:08 PM
The shakiness of the camera in sprinting is hardly noticeable in the MP

I'm pretty sure everyone can easily tell there's a substantial difference in camera shaking between SP and MP