PDA

View Full Version : Tanking head shots is getting annoying

elke_10
04-06-2012, 06:45 AM
Ok i am not sure what factors are in head shot as i am not the DEV. But frankly this rash of tanked head shots is becoming frustrating and annoying.

I had this happen alot tonight but 4 really stood out to me and gave me the wth feeling.

1: Was on oil rig left side at B all the way to the left where you can crawl under the pipes. I had a spec coming threw crawl i peeked around the corner and BAM snipe right in the top of his pretty nugget at pretty close range. To my surprise i got the head shot icon with only 93 dmg. ???????? lol Ok so he kept crawling so i peeked again BAM in the center of his nugget again this time was a kill head shot icon 168dmg.

2: Was in metro station this happened a few times in this match same person. This time a assault class i was at the top of the stairs he was moving down the left side tracks i squared him up BAM in the forehead head shot icon 133 dmg he had total of 156 still running got assist kill someone else finished him off

3: Was the same metro station same match as above same person moving down tracks i was lying of the tracks he was coming from B check point squared him up BAM again head shot icon 133 dmg. that one he got me followed where the shot came from a short burst i was dead.

4: Was in roof top another sniper was walking away from me at point B and i tagged him in the back of the head, head shot icon 64dmg ??????

So what goes into head shot factoring and why are people tanking head shots now??

Does the hats that people wear offer some sort of defense that we don't know about?

I also noticed and i think its funny that if you really want to get a high crit pretty much 1 shot 1 kill with like 250+ dmg crit snipe someone in the crouch no chest no head the crouch. lol i noticed this by mis-shooting someone and landed them in the crouch lol even got the crit red X marks the spot. I almost fell off my chair laughing. Highest crit so far has been 303dmg with a SRS-1 lvl5 13% crit.

cra2yazn
04-06-2012, 06:54 AM
Many things factor into how much damage you do on somebody. Your weapon's damage, your crit rating, magnum ammo, their armor rating, their toughness, their health, their crit evasion rating, their armor inserts. All those factors come into play when determining if you will kill somebody or not hence the crazy discrepancies between what kills and what doesnt. Also the word is crotch not crouch XD Happy Hunting

elke_10
04-06-2012, 06:58 AM
Ok so your saying which could be true that armor pieces are effecting your head too. And not just the chest piece they are going into?

And ya i know how i spelled it i saw it after i posted and wasn't about just to edit that out.

LOL even you tanked a few head shots from me tonight. In metro station

cra2yazn
04-06-2012, 07:02 AM
Well I have 23% armor usually with some form of armor inserts going to increase my survivability. Yes armor affects the entire body not just where the vest is.

elke_10
04-06-2012, 07:08 AM
Are you sure on this or you just guessing and taking ideas into thought i thought about this too. but was looking for some good word on it.

Creepermoss
04-06-2012, 07:45 AM
From now on, I shoot for the junk.

Pookie223
04-06-2012, 09:04 AM
I'm just wondering what the HP animation will be when you do make the "Wedding Vegitable" kill shot...