PDA

View Full Version : NEW INFORMATION from GHOST RECON NETWORK Video

Insistor
04-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Whilst the Beta storm is sweeping through town, I feel we may be missing some interesting details here. Thanks for the update today Mush and Antoine.

So, here's a very tasty grab from the Network video which asks a few questions:

http://s13.postimage.org/ttyxrdc53/GAME_MODES.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
image host (http://postimage.org/)

1. So the FOUR MP Game Modes are here Conflict / Saboteur / Siege / and DECOY - anyone have any thoughts on what DECOY might turn out to be?
2. Other items are listed alongside the game modes, are these modes being held back for DLC? I suspect so. Especially as Team Deathmatch is one. So what is Stockade and Takedown, a collect and a VIP mode? Very good if they're going to expand this way.
3. Transmedia Unlocks - expect lots of tie-ins and free weapons skins..

Maher21
04-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Good eye. This almost makes it look like there is 7 game modes

ii_Regret
04-05-2012, 08:52 PM
Awesome find, if these are all game modes then thats great. Just hope they are not going to be contained in DLC. Also it would be really cool if Takedown is a VIP mode!

Vyper82
04-05-2012, 09:48 PM
Shame they'll all be respawn minus siege

SG RiverDan
04-05-2012, 09:54 PM
Good eye. Looking forward to messing about with this.

Insistor
04-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Thanks fellas. Thought you'd find it interesting.

kingGILLEY
04-06-2012, 02:57 AM
This is very interesting. Sabateur isnt even in that list. Im not sure what that is a list of then.

Hortey
04-06-2012, 03:08 AM
conflict and team deathmatch....

conflict is supposed to be their team deathmatch.

Perhaps they call the modes by different names depending on if respawns are on or off? Maybe we will see all modes played without respawns?

Siege is respawn, safehouse is one life
TDM is Respawn, Conflict is one life

Or maybe some of those are maps? Safehouse, decoy and takedown might just be map names. We wont know for a while probably.

Vi01ence
04-06-2012, 03:15 AM
I've read that the modes will be customizable, so you can disable spawns, set a spawn timer, etc on probably all of the modes.

Hortey
04-06-2012, 03:16 AM
Looks a lot like what EA did with veteran status and battlelog.

Problem is, it's been such a long time since I've played my last GR... or many UBI franchises, so how retroactive is this going to be?

I played GR1/2 a LOT, I played every splinter cell up until conviction, endwar sp on ps3, along with far cry games and lots of others. But I never tied any of them with a uplay account until I got to these forums or bought graw2 a month ago. Hope the things you get are small so I won't feel left out even though I've supported many of UBI's franchises for a long time.

With dice I was able to track my veteran status all the way back to BF2 + all it's expansions when bc2 released.

Hortey
04-06-2012, 03:17 AM
I've read that the modes will be customizable, so you can disable spawns, set a spawn timer, etc on probably all of the modes.

I really hope you can set respawns to a wave instead of everyone spawning 10 seconds after death one by one.

kingGILLEY
04-06-2012, 03:56 AM
conflict and team deathmatch....

conflict is supposed to be their team deathmatch.

Perhaps they call the modes by different names depending on if respawns are on or off? Maybe we will see all modes played without respawns?

Siege is respawn, safehouse is one life
TDM is Respawn, Conflict is one life

Or maybe some of those are maps? Safehouse, decoy and takedown might just be map names. We wont know for a while probably.

If you're right I'm going to flip out..... in a good way. :cool:

kingGILLEY
04-06-2012, 03:57 AM

I hope you're right, but where have you "read" this?

Hortey
04-06-2012, 05:17 AM
I hope you're right, but where have you "read" this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc7mS4N2r3U