PDA

View Full Version : An amazing strategy that your team will love you for. (Especially recon)

Nomnomnomeh
04-04-2012, 11:09 PM
Defend the flank.

That is all.

NotPunjistick
04-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Not to mention move up that EXTRA TWELVE FEET so that you're actually inside the capture zone.

jamesremick
04-06-2012, 09:12 PM
Not to mention move up that EXTRA TWELVE FEET so that you're actually inside the capture zone.

If it is not counting you do not count, so to speak.

w0lfhuntrz
04-08-2012, 01:54 AM
How about if your team is attacking D, move up, Recon-Snipers sitting back at A or B are not helping... Just an example.

JoshHardenburg
04-08-2012, 08:36 AM
On Roof Tops if your recon, and A and B have been captured. Grow some Cojones and don't snipe from the bridge, push down and snipe from the lanes!

Noviwan
04-11-2012, 06:24 AM
Reminds of of my favourite advice for recons ... to make your team love you ... don't forget about the F key! Oracle oracle oracle thank you very much.

LiquidX74
04-11-2012, 10:45 PM
I'm a bad recon. I stay as far back, and as zoomed in as I can. But, I do this because my main is an assault - and sometimes you just need to sit back on the beach and enjoy the sun with a margarita and a high caliber rifle.

DAM187
05-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Truthfully if people just mind their surroundings more they wouldn't have to worry about being pinned or flank, but you know how players are they get carried away in the battle. Emotions create motion as I always say.

Compassghost
05-10-2012, 09:40 PM
The consequences of not covering your flank. Full wipe, objective reset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1tZIm2zN1c

DegenesisRein
05-10-2012, 10:04 PM
haha, hands down best video i seen yet.

The dream setup for a Assault with heat. =)

Just wow.

Nomnomnomeh
06-04-2012, 05:33 AM
The consequences of not covering your flank. Full wipe, objective reset.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1tZIm2zN1c

I love the reaction to it xD "Oh my gosh, I have seven of them! HEAT HEAT HEAT HEAT" :P But yeah, thanks for supporting my point much more ;)

Davynelord
06-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Defend the flank.

True...this should be second nature....I mean this should be common sense...what makes people think that when someone is trying to kill you that the only direction they'll come at you is from straight ahead...LOL

That is all.

True...this should be second nature....I mean this should be common sense...what makes people think that when someone is trying to kill you that the only direction they'll come at you is from straight ahead...LOL

How about if your team is attacking D, move up, Recon-Snipers sitting back at A or B are not helping... Just an example.

Ah, if they are sitting back at A or B when your pushing D, Then it's obvious they are noobs that don't know what to do or they are afk or just don't give a crap about playing with the team....either way either talk to them and teach them or get over it....as long as the game is based on PUG's, there is nothing we can do about players like this.

On Roof Tops if your recon, and A and B have been captured. Grow some Cojones and don't snipe from the bridge, push down and snipe from the lanes!

Oh but you underestimate the power of high ground for a sniper...sniping from the lanes is very limited and is highly obstructed and exposes you to the enemy easier...sniping from the high bridge is the single best sniping spot in the whole game so far and often lets snipers support their team better than from anywhere else ..and in my opinion is better than jumping on the point with your team in 90% of cases (at least on that map and capture point)....in my limited experience, most caps fail on that map at that point because players don't know when to try to cap it, not because recon won't help cap or move up and snipe from the lanes....In fact, a decent sniper can shut down the whole area around C capture point by sniping from the bridge...I know because I've done it a few times.....in fact one of my best kill streaks was sniping from that very bridge...it allowed my team to cap the point because I had the other team scared to advance....it was one of my better sniping moments in the game....I only wish I had recorded it LOL.

Cortexian0
06-07-2012, 10:56 PM
The defenders from C on Rooftop can push to the lanes and make your cover fire from the bridge completely useless however. Defending a lane as a sniper is generally a lot better. The problem with objective C on Rooftops is that no one on the attacking side can see around the big generators/air conditioners in the middle of the objective. The entire enemy team can be back there canceling out a capture and there's not much your team can do. The best way to clear out behind that objective I find is to try and coordinate a rush of abilities. A Blitz and HEAT or an AEGIS are a great way to get your team around to the back and clear out the enemy. However once you've done that you can't really keep them away from the objective without being called a spawn killer/trapper.

What did the snipers on the bride do during this? Absolutely nothing since they have such a limited FOV behind the objective. Had they been down in a lane they could have pushed up and helped clear the backside of the objective, or even sniped people dropping down from the defender spawn (at risk of being called a spawn killer/camper).

And that's basically why I don't like sniping from the bridge. Limited view to the important areas.

Compassghost
06-08-2012, 01:35 PM
I love snipers on the bridge. I run right up there and punch them off with my armored elbow.

RealHempman
07-12-2012, 05:26 AM
When you are at or behind the cap and you are defending, that space in front of the cap is open territory for the opponents to move up. Push up, close the open territory. Then your flanks are also less open.