PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Recon Future Soldier Frag Dolls interview at PAX East!

EvilPixieGrrr
04-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Hey Ghosts!

The Frag Dolls will be interviewing a Brand Manager at PAX East about Ghost Recon Future Soldier on Sunday,
April 8 from 5-5:30pm, EST. The interview will be live streamed on the Frag Dolls' Twitch TV Channel (http://www.twitch.tv/fragdolls) . You all should check it out!

Enjoy!!

Bassie52
04-05-2012, 01:25 AM
hope i can see it on you-tube..a new interview would be nice..
i looked for another one and found one with roman in it..
he explains, that the more people play co-op the harder the game get's ..the enemy is pretty smart and is not programmed to do the same everytime you play, so i can play the campaign till i sh!t myself!!..
you can only play co-op with friends, because that gives your gameplay the attention that it needs..in a firefight, the enemy could try to outsmart and flank you, if you don't position yourself wright. and as he told it, it's like the enemy shoots like a trained soldier suppose to shoots and as with the enemy, you to are down when hit by 2 bullets...sounds freakin good if you ask me..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgiZ84vK6Ys&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Hortey
04-05-2012, 01:53 AM
can you link to that interview bassie? I'd like to see it.

EDIT: lolblind

Colorblind with blue hues :)

Bassie52
04-05-2012, 01:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgiZ84vK6Ys&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ok?^^ don't know if your jokin?.. :|

Hortey
04-05-2012, 02:07 AM
Not joking. I just didn't notice the link in your original post until after I posted, I can't detect blue because of my colorblindness as well and didn't see the link.

EDIT: I love the crawl animation that's in the game now, the one from gears looks like the person is trying to catch their breath, but the one at 0:40 in the interview footage looks like he is just crawling because injured. Much more immersive.

Lol at 3:56 ish mark where he goes "the computers are better at recon than real players, sometimes when you set up a 4 person kill a human player will miss or not press the trigger. Sometimes sh** happen when you play with a player" Love it.

I also like how he states that the AI upgrades when playing with more human players, so the AI is smarter and more aggressive when you have a team to work with.

What I don't like is that he states how later missions are harder, that the basic missions take a long time to teach you how to play. So mission 1 will be easier and probably played less in coop because of it's simplicity.

Bassie52
04-05-2012, 02:19 AM
O ok, i wil keep space inbetween the tekst and link in the future..

Hortey
04-05-2012, 02:22 AM
O ok, i wil keep space inbetween the tekst and link in the future..

A separate line like you did in the second post would do wonders to help me out, thanks bassie.

JediMonkeyxDoW
04-05-2012, 09:22 AM
Nice one Bassie cheers.

Bassie52
04-05-2012, 11:18 AM
thanx fellas..i don't know if he said that though, hortey..i wil try to listen again tonight, but i think he said that the game allready starts of tough and the first view missions are there to teach you through the game..mission 10 wil be a lot easier if you follow those first missions..you can also jump right to mission ten, when playing co-op with a friend, but that wil be a lot harder..it sounds like a pretty tough game and stealth seems essential.

Alastor100
04-08-2012, 05:18 PM
U guys ready for this?

paardezak
04-08-2012, 07:12 PM
Not joking. I just didn't notice the link in your original post until after I posted, I can't detect blue because of my colorblindness as well and didn't see the link.

EDIT: I love the crawl animation that's in the game now, the one from gears looks like the person is trying to catch their breath, but the one at 0:40 in the interview footage looks like he is just crawling because injured. Much more immersive.

Lol at 3:56 ish mark where he goes "the computers are better at recon than real players, sometimes when you set up a 4 person kill a human player will miss or not press the trigger. Sometimes sh** happen when you play with a player" Love it.

I also like how he states that the AI upgrades when playing with more human players, so the AI is smarter and more aggressive when you have a team to work with.

What I don't like is that he states how later missions are harder, that the basic missions take a long time to teach you how to play. So mission 1 will be easier and probably played less in coop because of it's simplicity.

Hahaha i had the same problem. I also didn't saw the link! I'm partially blind (left eye is blind and right eye partially) Blue is a very hard colour to spot!!!
Great Post Bassie!!! Thanks!!!:)

gameshoes
04-08-2012, 08:01 PM
he explains, that the more people play co-op the harder the game get's ..the enemy is pretty smart and is not programmed to do the same everytime you play, so i can play the campaign till i sh!t myself!!..
you can only play co-op with friends, because that gives your gameplay the attention that it needs..in a firefight, the enemy could try to outsmart and flank you, if you don't position yourself wright. and as he told it, it's like the enemy shoots like a trained soldier suppose to shoots and as with the enemy, you to are down when hit by 2 bullets...sounds freakin good if you ask me..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgiZ84vK6Ys&feature=youtube_gdata_player
I watched both videos, thanks for providing them.
But one thing I'm bummed out with though is that there is no matchmaking co-op.
It's friend invite only. Yes, they have a point with that you will get a better experience with those that you know but what if you're the only one playing that day?
I don't exactly feel that going onto the forums having to ask for friend invites is an appealing gaming experience for me. This especially with the chance of getting a sour "friend" and then having to go through the process of leaving that person, deleting him from your friends list, and then having to go back to the forums and requesting another friend invite.
That's no good.

theonlytime
04-08-2012, 10:39 PM
The Ubi. rep during the FragDolls interview mentioned current or already-known info found here, and a bit of good news for PSgamers apart from the mentioning of Co-op or solo w/ AI bots completing wave after wave in Guerilla Mode, PS+ subscribers will gain access to the GRFS beta on the 19th. And Gunsmith will be PSMove compatible. Luckily the PSEye and Move ctrl will be of use, but how? Other than that, I cannot wait for May 22nd.

Hortey
04-08-2012, 10:48 PM
http://www.twitch.tv/fragdolls/b/314375853

That is the link of the interview recording, watching it now.

DEA31
04-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Ya I agree I dont really like that there is no matchmaking for co-op or guerrilla mode either, that is the only thing negative IMO, not alot of people will like that there is no matchmaking for co-op even the interviewer thought it was a stupid move on ubisofts part cuz he questioned the lead designer as soon as he mention there was no matchmaking

Hortey
04-08-2012, 11:19 PM
How about mic activated matchmaking?

To be put with other people via matchmaking you have to say a sentence into the mic? The only reason for no matchmaking was they wanted people communicating (and the ability to save your guerrilla mode which I dunno how to work around) so that would work. I don't really know, honestly I don't even care, the coop is FOUR PEOPLE... so you only have to find like 3 other people to play with. When this game launches, even acknowledging that half the people I play tac shooters will be 8 to 10 hours plus or minus, I will likely have too many people playing GRFS coop to be able to fit into one game.

I'm goanna miss 8 person competitive... right now we have the option to play with 3 to 5 friends..... there's no way to get even the whole XBL party into a single game without going up against each other. oh how the mighty have fallen.

gameshoes
04-09-2012, 01:34 AM
Just watched the recorded video and ha...... no PC information.
Don't even know if a Signature Edition for the PC exists or not.

SuperDJBling
04-09-2012, 02:59 AM
I have to say, those Mega64 guys were making laugh like there was no tomorrow with that small clip of there's at the end. 'Its like an all you can kill buffet" :P

Nice to here about GR:FS and some more details about it.

lucio_484
04-09-2012, 01:13 PM
fragdolls interview = no news under the sun

Ataxia-Geezer
04-09-2012, 04:26 PM
Thanks for that link Bassie....I just posted that on my FB page for my friends to see.