PDA

View Full Version : Game downloader failing to start

acedog42
04-03-2012, 05:24 AM
I had recieved the key 2 days ago and tried downloading all went well until i tried starting the downloader then this appeared:
The application failed to initialize properly. Common causes are missing .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or Internet Explorer.

Please make sure the following components are installed
- .Net Framework 3.5 SP1
- Internet explorer

Details:
Objects reference not set to an instance of an object.

So this popped up and i tried doing as it said i used IE to download it again didn't work so i upgraded the .NET framework to 4 and it still didn't work.
Not entirely sure what to do at this point all suggestion accepted ;)

Vanodia
04-03-2012, 08:53 PM
First post here, and well I'm having the same problem.

If anyone knows how to fix it, that would be much appreciated.

tiberian288
04-03-2012, 09:59 PM
if on windows 7 or vista you have to run the launcher on Administrator, to find the launcher this is the path you have to take

C:/Users/yourname/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0

after this there will be a folder called Data and probably folders with numbers and letters as the name, inside those you will find more folders named in the same way

NOW, inside those folders there will be more folders with what looks like extremely long names, inside one of those folders is Launcher.exe, you'll know when you find it because it will have the Ghost Recon icon

ExecutionDay
04-04-2012, 06:23 PM
I had that issue too not to worry try this. Make sure IE is your default browser then check your programs list in the control panel and find out what version of .NET you are actually running. Delete the launcher that you used the first time and re download it. This happened to me is was creating the error loop that wouldn't go away, so by starting over with the launcher download and right click on the launcher and run as administrator if your on vista or win 7 and try to see if it works. If it doesn't feel free to pm me here and I will help you.

This game is awesome and everyone should have a chance to love it or hate it equally.

zeroshadowwild
04-06-2012, 08:05 PM
i have the same problem but i down loaded everything but i dont use windows or have it so if i could get any help that would be great i waited a long time to get my beta key

hemi25
04-07-2012, 09:19 AM
I had recieved the key 2 days ago and tried downloading all went well until i tried starting the downloader then this appeared:
The application failed to initialize properly. Common causes are missing .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or Internet Explorer.

Please make sure the following components are installed
- .Net Framework 3.5 SP1
- Internet explorer

Details:
Objects reference not set to an instance of an object.

So this popped up and i tried doing as it said i used IE to download it again didn't work so i upgraded the .NET framework to 4 and it still didn't work.
Not entirely sure what to do at this point all suggestion accepted ;)

I have had the same problem. I spent most of the night looking for fixes and updating stuff. I have tried all the fixes from the above posters. Now I think since the server is down is why im getting the message now saying I need 3.5 or explorer. I'm tired and wish I got the email sooner then today so i would have had time to work all this stuff out.

Oh well maybe next beta.

ExecutionDay
04-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Those who are still having issue drop me a message and I will try and help you. I have successfully helped over 15 people now that are up and running and enjoying the game.

sabz612damax
04-11-2012, 11:38 PM
From experience as a .Net programmer, everyone once in a while I come across a computer that just doesn't act correctly when it comes to installing a program dependant on the .Net Framework 3.5 SP1.

If you have checked the Control Panel Add / Remove Programs or Programs and Features area, but do NOT have the .Net Framework listed there, you might want to try the full installer instead of the web installer. You can download the full installer at http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe. Yes, a full installer will take somewhat longer to download, but you will have all of the files necessary to do the installation locally.

If you DO have the .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 listed, you might try clicking the Repair ****on and running through those installer screens to repair any problems with the installation of the framework.

Installing a later version or older version will not help ... have to stick with the 3.5 SP1 installers.

Of course, it is best if you are logged in as an administrator when installing the framework. As others have mentioned, right click the download and use the Run as Administrator option to work around UAC.