PDA

View Full Version : Ghost ,please help-who is this character?

Robjigga
03-30-2012, 12:27 AM
Ok,im confused.I tried to find out who this guy is and cant find any info on his name.I looked it up even on wiki and it shows names,but the guys are from the live action commerical. This character with the white 'mask' is one of the main guys right,do we have a name for him? Hes in both multi and campaign right?

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3096/559310full.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/6/559310full.jpg/)
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/3175/ghostreconfuturesoldierw.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/ghostreconfuturesoldierw.jpg/)

Bassie52
03-30-2012, 12:53 AM
that's Kozak, he gather's intel by pulling a drone out of his a$$..
the other one with the helmet is afroamerican and called ghost lead..
the one with the bonnet is a redneck called Pepper and he is a sniper..
the one with the baseball cap is 30k and he just slaughters people.

Robjigga
03-30-2012, 01:17 AM

Thanks for the info.I hope kozak is the cool member lol. Wonder if hes the 'baird' of the ghost team.

Hortey
03-30-2012, 02:39 AM
I like the name Kozak. Do we know if his name is actually Something Kozak or is it his nickname (usually spec ops guys have nicknames or call signs, like the delta commander from Operation Anaconda was Panther)? I think Kozak is an alternate way to spell cossack. Maybe that's a hint to his backstory or where he came from, might have immigrated from the Ukraine or Southern Russia before joining US forces. Or maybe just his family.

Rufeezo
03-30-2012, 02:56 AM
His name is crabapple mcnasty.

Tyrone1985
03-30-2012, 03:58 AM
I really like the look of 30K

shobhit7777777
03-30-2012, 04:40 AM

XD

I like 30K the most.

suolucidur
03-30-2012, 06:10 AM
Thanks for the info.I hope kozak is the cool member lol. Wonder if hes the 'baird' of the ghost team.

I read somewhere he is the FNG :-P. I think it was on a store page somehwere (so not the most reliable source possible).

GuZZ33
03-30-2012, 09:40 AM
I like the name Kozak. Do we know if his name is actually Something Kozak or is it his nickname (usually spec ops guys have nicknames or call signs, like the delta commander from Operation Anaconda was Panther)? I think Kozak is an alternate way to spell cossack. Maybe that's a hint to his backstory or where he came from, might have immigrated from the Ukraine or Southern Russia before joining US forces. Or maybe just his family.
Info from internet about GR:FS 2010... Captain Edward Kachenko [nickname: Kozak] an American soldier with Russian roots. Some things have changed over time though, the original 2010 Ghost characters were named Kozak, Bones, 30k and pepper, but Bones is no more and has been replaced with the name Ghost lead by the looks of things, not sure if the original 2010 story is the same?

For the most part, you play the leader of the Ghosts, a commando squad sent to upset the ultra-nationalists' invadey plans. He's called Captain Edward Kachenko (nickname: Kozak), and he's an American soldier with Russian roots, so he has some personal investment in the brutal coup d'etat.

You will, however, spend some time seeing the game through the eyes of incidental characters, such as a non-ultra-nationalist Russian engineer defending his invaded land against neo-terrorists with mere buckshot, and the bodyguard of the soon-to-be-overthrown Russian president.

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Preview • Page 1 • Previews • Eurogamer.net (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ghost-recon-future-soldier-preview)

sameer_monier
03-30-2012, 10:32 AM
And I really love Pepper, Sniper and Stealth is just the perfect Combination.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-z-sKElO7hxM/T2iKhN840_I/AAAAAAAAAdY/Hp0xd5UO4hw/s640/you%20are%20dead%20meat.jpg

NightGhost1994
03-30-2012, 10:41 AM
And I really love Pepper, Sniper and Stealth is just the perfect Combination.
Me too

Btw Isn't Kozak a Ghost lead?

Bassie52
03-30-2012, 01:04 PM
nope, he's sort of the computer nerd..in the 2010 version of future soldier, ghost leads name is Bones..

GuZZ33
03-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Isn't Kozak a Ghost lead?
In this ytv you are a no named Ghost, not sure what is going on here?. If you look Ghost lead is giving you the orders, although the player does not apply the roe lol. No mention of kozak unless of course the gameplay was still a "work in progress" asset?. Where is captain K? :)

http://youtu.be/4K8AKcQNJ60

Bassie52
03-30-2012, 01:26 PM
you play kozak, because he gathers intel and therefore uses the cool gadgets..i only hope that you have the option to choose pepper when playing with 3...alone you have to play with kozak..

GuZZ33
03-30-2012, 01:33 PM
you play kozak.
Yeah i'm aware we play as captain kojak (haha), but in the video i posted it must of been work in progress or unfinished assets or an early build, strange that Ghost lead is giving the orders and not cap'n kodak (haha). Looking good, innit?.

Bassie52
03-30-2012, 01:57 PM
Well what i'm trying to explain is that it's not so trange, because every ghost has a specific goal within the group..one snipes, one gathers intel, one is the leader and one cuts throats..
the leader doesn't have the drone and what not, therefore you play with Kozak..

NightGhost1994
03-30-2012, 04:29 PM
You can see a Ghost lead above his head. Anyway I think there is a 4th operative who is called Hunter.

sameer_monier
03-30-2012, 04:52 PM
you play kozak, because he gathers intel and therefore uses the cool gadgets..i only hope that you have the option to choose pepper when playing with 3...alone you have to play with kozak..
Remember the pics for Pepper I keep posting, I am having high hopes that we will control him in two missions (with his Dark Green Cameo) I totally love his design, as for Co-Op the first player is always stuck with Kozak I think, while the 3rd is Pepper, I am not sure though if the order.

suolucidur
03-30-2012, 05:36 PM
You can see a Ghost lead above his head. Anyway I think there is a 4th operative who is called Hunter.

Hunter is the name for the entire squad. I believe this is a common name in the US military, but I could be talking out of my back end here.

Bassie52
03-30-2012, 05:49 PM
@ suol; youre right and Sameer my geuss is that you can choose any ghost you want, if your not the host of the game.. so i'm not going to host a game..
in guerrilla mode everyone probably gets a drone, so you can choose who ever you want..

sameer_monier
03-30-2012, 06:51 PM
@ suol; youre right and Sameer my geuss is that you can choose any ghost you want, if your not the host of the game.. so i'm not going to host a game..
in guerrilla mode everyone probably gets a drone, so you can choose who ever you want..

I really hope so.

Hortey
03-30-2012, 07:15 PM
Hunter is the name for the entire squad. I believe this is a common name in the US military, but I could be talking out of my back end here.

yes I'm pretty sure this is correct, the ghost squad is referred to as hunter, and Mitchel(what rank is he now? commander?) refers to himself as overlord. If you play many military games you get used to this concept like in MOH the ac130 is callsign archangel, the delta AFO squad is callsign wolfpack... or in OFP Dragon Rising the tank column is callsign gridiron, and the apache formation is reffered to as callsign longbow. The fact they refer to themselves as Hunter instead of Hunter zero one, or something probably means that there is only one ghost squad anymore. In graw there were like 10 people you could choose from to be in your squad, it looks like these 4 guys ARE the ghosts.

suolucidur
03-30-2012, 07:38 PM
yes I'm pretty sure this is correct, the ghost squad is referred to as hunter, and Mitchel(what rank is he now? commander?) refers to himself as overlord. If you play many military games you get used to this concept like in MOH the ac130 is callsign archangel, the delta AFO squad is callsign wolfpack... or in OFP Dragon Rising the tank column is callsign gridiron, and the apache formation is reffered to as callsign longbow. The fact they refer to themselves as Hunter instead of Hunter zero one, or something probably means that there is only one ghost squad anymore. In graw there were like 10 people you could choose from to be in your squad, it looks like these 4 guys ARE the ghosts.

There are more ghost squads. According to the Redstorm website, that's actually the beginning of the story in GR:FS. A ghost squad gets killed by a dirty bomb, so Kozak et al have to investigate what happened.

NightGhost1994
03-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Switching the characters gives FS that old school GR feel.

GuZZ33
03-30-2012, 09:32 PM
According to the Redstorm website, the beginning of the story in GR:FS. A ghost squad gets killed by a dirty bomb, so Kozak et al have to investigate what happened.
You are correct, I'm behind on the story, still thought it was a Coup d'état from the russian ultra nationalists, lol. I want the shoulder mounted rocket launches for DLC :)

GuZZ33
03-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Switching the characters gives FS that old school GR feel.
Soul switching would be great but i don't think it's in for future soldier?.

Robjigga
03-31-2012, 03:05 PM
Can we get good pictures of the characters next to their codenames/callsigns? I used bing and i keep getting different sets of pics with names.I found one with 'bones' and clips from that GH commerical-the live action one with the sniper,and rocket packs.

suolucidur
03-31-2012, 03:15 PM
Bones is no more. The rest of the Ghosts are as follows (this is confirmed in several videos, for example the E3 2011 trailer).

Kozak:
http://www.sestren.org/wp-content/flagallery/ghost-recon-future-soldier/grfs_image_render_kozak.jpg

30k:
http://www.sestren.org/wp-content/flagallery/ghost-recon-future-soldier/grfs_image_render_30k.jpg

Pepper:
http://www.sestren.org/wp-content/flagallery/ghost-recon-future-soldier/grfs_image_render_pepper.jpg

Ghost Lead:
http://www.sestren.org/wp-content/flagallery/ghost-recon-future-soldier/grfs_image_render_ghost_lead.jpg

shobhit7777777
03-31-2012, 04:25 PM
Bones is no more. The rest of the Ghosts are as follows (this is confirmed in several videos, for example the E3 2011 trailer).

Probably killed by 30k XD

Seriously....that baseball cap really gives 30 a deranged Sunday killer look :D

I am starting to warm up to the uniforms (or lack of uniforms?) now....From the trailers they seem more "unified" and less Merc.

suolucidur
03-31-2012, 04:27 PM

Not to mention the opening of the Bolivia mission, where he shoots that guy on the phone through his head, holds his body up for a good second, and then in a deep voice says: "Clear."

sameer_monier
03-31-2012, 05:21 PM
Probably killed by 30k XD

I am starting to warm up to the uniforms (or lack of uniforms?) now....From the trailers they seem more "unified" and less Merc.

Not sure if Spoiler or not but you do know that (( The Previous Ghost Team Die, and you are on a journey of revenge + Arms Dealer Thing or something )) maybe Bones was part of them.

Robjigga
03-31-2012, 05:21 PM
suolucidur-incredible pictures,thank you so much for posting these. It seems theres more attention on kozack then the others.Is there any soundbytes of the characters voices?

we really could use a ghost recon mobile app or something,news,ghost logo animations,sounds and more.

suolucidur
03-31-2012, 05:28 PM
suolucidur-incredible pictures,thank you so much for posting these. It seems theres more attention on kozack then the others.Is there any soundbytes of the characters voices?

we really could use a ghost recon mobile app or something,news,ghost logo animations,sounds and more.

The only Ghost that does some talking is Ghost Lead. In the beginning of the Bolivia mission, after 30k killed the guy on the phone, Ghost Lead is having a conversation with Overlord. Apart from that, I think there are only bits and pieces at this time. Also, Kozak received some more attention than other ghosts, as he seems to be the character for Player #1. However, there is also footage available of other Ghosts being played, Inside Recon #2 for example starts with the focus on Pepper.

Not sure if Spoiler or not but you do know that (( The Previous Ghost Team Die, and you are on a journey of revenge + Arms Dealer Thing or something )) maybe Bones was part of them.

Actually, he only time I ever heard mention of Bones, is in the original Live Action trailer. Even in the E3 2010 trailer, you are taking orders from another Ghost, so it is at all possible that back then Bones was already replaced by Ghost Lead (and back then the new plot wasn't there yet).

sameer_monier
03-31-2012, 08:29 PM
^^ yeah could be, I think it doesn't really matter, though Bones as a name is cooler than 30K IMO

Robjigga
04-01-2012, 08:53 PM
ghost lead,overlord,hunter...why were the old names changed?? i liked 'command' and 'ghosts'. I dont know about you guys and girls,but im going to miss 'Ghosts,,this is comand...'' stuff . Overlord and hunter/hunters sounds too much like its a part of an Apocalypse future,like in 2334 or something lol.
I strongly hope they make the characters believable and 'human'. Hopefully they all dont sound the same(cod/MW crap).I like accents,they are cool,but not everyone has to sound the same.Thats why i love the job they did with gears and bad company.

Cant wait to play this.

Honda-kun
06-06-2012, 09:23 AM
dud i like kozak's tactical gear looks like an Urban Ghost PMC Solider