PDA

View Full Version : Inside Recon #3 - Guerrilla Mode

Ubi_Antoine
03-29-2012, 05:13 PM
http://youtu.be/hAfFqPyyuno?hd=1

ecma4
03-29-2012, 05:19 PM
Looks fun, thanks for posting! HUD is very busy, would be nice if that was toned down. The best HUD is no HUD in my opinion, the information here is very visually intrusive.

You'e said the videos are not platform specific, does that mean this is representative of the PC version too?

Cjail
03-29-2012, 05:19 PM
Question: can you play split screen in two, or you must be in 4?

Ubi_Antoine
03-29-2012, 05:32 PM

You can definitely play with a friend at home on the same TV and without any additional guys.

Basically you can do:
- 2 players split screen
- 2 players split screen with 2 players split screen
- 2 players split screen with 1 or 2 additional players (LAN or over the Internet).

ecma: in this specific video, you see a lot of Xbox in the HUD, so this is not the most platform-agnostic video I ever made ;-)

DEBRUSK519
03-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Lol did anyone notice at 0:25 the guys rifle vanished.

paardezak
03-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Great maps. I like the changing strategic positions.

shobhit7777777
03-29-2012, 05:34 PM

You can. it supports 2 player splitscreen.

Kaiskune
03-29-2012, 05:40 PM
I have to agree with Ecma4, that HUD is a eyesore. I can only hope you can remove the minimap AND the persistent score. you might get bonuses for team play but score systems only lead to selfish gameplay. I hoped for a feeling of having to survive not rack up points like some carnival shooter

and once again I'm seeing a state of the art IFV being given the coup de grāce by a frag grenade, you constantly go on about having spec ops advisers and a authentication adviser yet we are still seeing things like this.

BUT

I did like that video I still don't understand why you cannot use gunsmith for your starting weapon but it looks like it might just keep Future Soldier going after the initial hype blows over
watching it brings up a question however. in the vid you see the player in at least 2 outfits, one as a merc reject and the other in a russian outfit. does that mean player can choose their operator or are they just set avatars for each map?

FifaJay
03-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Lol did anyone notice at 0:25 the guys rifle vanished.

Lol nice catch,reminds me of the same thing that used to happen it Graw2,dont worry Im sure we will see this when the game is released,and more. :)

spydah22
03-29-2012, 06:07 PM
This video looks so fun! Can't wait! Man the graphics are looking very nice! I love the smooth gameplay. I am sure some competitive multiplayer is on the way next.

Vyper82
03-29-2012, 06:08 PM
Looks good, although I'm not a huge co op player, I prefer MP. This looks like it'll be worth playing with my friends, it's fun and tactical.

Cjail
03-29-2012, 06:10 PM
You can definitely play with a friend at home on the same TV and without any additional guys.

Basically you can do:
- 2 players split screen
- 2 players split screen with 2 players split screen
- 2 players split screen with 1 or 2 additional players (LAN or over the Internet).

ecma: in this specific video, you see a lot of Xbox in the HUD, so this is not the most platform-agnostic video I ever made ;-)

Thank you very much.

Hortey
03-29-2012, 06:12 PM
I have to agree with Ecma4, that HUD is a eyesore. I can only hope you can remove the minimap AND the persistent score. you might get bonuses for team play but score systems only lead to selfish gameplay. I hoped for a feeling of having to survive not rack up points like some carnival shooter

Yea, hud really is something I don't like in my games... I like that you are able to turn a lot of it off in graw2, killzone and other games. The reason I'm taking a break from BF3 atm is because of the hud, all the icons are in my face and sightlines so often that I can't see my enemies. I loved GR's minimalistic hud, but I'm scared that it's going to be like that in multiplayer as well. I really hope there is a way to turn off hud elements we don't want.

The thing I see most when a company incorporates on screen scores and stat tracking is the downfall of options. You can't put the game into the players hands because with leaderboards it has to be fair for everyone. I do hope the game lets us gimp ourselves if we want to though by disabling different hud options. If I could disable the minimap and objective indicators in bf3 i'd be playing it right now instead of messing around with graw 2

xHyPnoSiSx
03-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Looks dope! Will be fun to play! And hope they will have a version of this where it can be 4v4 and not just co-op

JaRuTo
03-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Mr. Antoine am i see it right ? I see the charge/running animation was changed? it looks better than before, good job ubisoft team!

Maher21
03-29-2012, 06:43 PM
one easy thing to reduce the clutter on the HUD would be to get rid of the wave counter. Do we really need that on the screen ALL OF THE TIME? Why not just show us as we complete a wave. You would also show it to us if we hit the back ****on or something.

Please give us options to turn some of that off. I'm fine with some HUD elements, but this seems to be a lot

Hortey
03-29-2012, 06:47 PM
Looks dope! Will be fun to play! And hope they will have a version of this where it can be 4v4 and not just co-op

yea I do agree, it looks like a lot of fun. Cant wait to get some guys together for coop once this comes out, probably will be playing through the campaign first though.

ecma4
03-29-2012, 07:20 PM
one easy thing to reduce the clutter on the HUD would be to get rid of the wave counter. Do we really need that on the screen ALL OF THE TIME? Why not just show us as we complete a wave. You would also show it to us if we hit the back ****on or something.

Please give us options to turn some of that off. I'm fine with some HUD elements, but this seems to be a lot

I completely agree. I think most of the HUD stuff does not need to be there all the time, the score for example. And what is there, should be scaled down and moved to the edges of the screen so I'm not constantly trying to look through it. They are putting the "cool" factor above "user experience" and "usability" here.

NightGhost1994
03-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Thank you very much Antione. Guerilla mode looks awesome. The best part is that if feels like a real mission.
1000 000 times better than MW SpecOps

Wait, man on the video said "Next Inside Recon". Can't wait :D

suolucidur
03-29-2012, 07:27 PM
I completely agree. I think most of the HUD stuff does not need to be there all the time, the score for example. And what is there, should be scaled down and moved to the edges of the screen so I'm not constantly trying to look through it. They are putting the "cool" factor above "user experience" and "usability" here.

Just a little wishful thinking on my part, but it could be the HUD has been scaled up for the purpose of the trailer. A lot of people watch these trailers in 360p (the default non-HD resolution on youtube), so you want to make the HUD elements a bit more visible.

Bassie52
03-29-2012, 08:02 PM
the explosions look really good, glowing particals shoot in the air and the zand,dust and other cr4p come raining down afterwards...really fine tuned game..

TRAJEKTURY
03-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Looks good, but seriously it's about time you guys let us know when the beta comes out!!!

Alastor100
03-29-2012, 08:43 PM
I dont see the HUD being problem here unless you guys are playing on a small screen tv then yeah maybe

sameer_monier
03-29-2012, 09:40 PM
Great Video Antonie, I totally love Guerrilla Mode, that mode will really suck alot of time of me and my friend, we will both get the game from Amazon :D

I just got one question if you aren't so busy, Is there a character selection in Guerrilla Mode ?!, you know I like to play as Pepper, and I would love to be able to choose him, or won't I be able to ?!

Bassie52
03-29-2012, 09:49 PM
yes, good question..i also want to snipe with pepper.

SG RiverDan
03-29-2012, 09:51 PM
I don't like a crowded HUD either. But I think the amount of info you'll need, will require it.

Maher21
03-29-2012, 09:57 PM
I don't like a crowded HUD either. But I think the amount of info you'll need, will require it.

Don't know why I would need to see the wave counter at all times......but I guess I could be wrong :p

Maher21
03-29-2012, 10:01 PM
Wait, I just thought of something. I was wondering what the co-op maps were for the signature edition considering the whole campain is co-op. Are those maps Guerilla mode maps?

Kaiskune
03-29-2012, 10:05 PM

I have to disagree, I understand the need of situation awareness but the current HUD is just complete sensory overload.

the kill counter, survival streak markers and scoreboard are all unnecessary, have no purpose in the middle of a fight and are just blocking your vision. all of them would be better off as someone said on an additional over screen activated by the back but.ton (you really need to fix that profanity filter Ubisoft >.>)
the minimap would be useful for the rookies or if you have a designated commander but other wise is not needed when every enemy is lit up like a Christmas tree once a drone has been over. it should be the players preference whether they use the minimap or not.

it looks like they've gone from overboard on the AR in the 2011 E3 demo to a nearly palpable amount on the mission walkthroughs back to over board again for Guerrilla mode

Bassie52
03-30-2012, 01:05 AM
don't the people stay marked by the drone, when you stop using the drone?.., because then you only have to throw the drone in the air and let it back down again and voila, you see al the players in the other team without using a grenade or emptying your drone's batteries..it's a bit like the drone in BF3, just land it nearby and start sniping..you can see the enemy on your mini map..
i really hope you can change the HUD..it rather have nothing on my screen at all..

shobhit7777777
03-30-2012, 04:26 AM
I love the stealth wave. I also like the new in-cover animations. It is now a realistic crouch walk instead of the terrible hop/hobble. The Animations overall are looking great especially the movements ones....but the cover to cover still remains crappy.

DanHibikiFanXM
03-30-2012, 04:55 AM
I still cringe whenever I see anything relating to "experience points" in a Ghost Recon game. Anyway though this is probably the ONLY game mode I'm interested in at the moment. It looks like fun.

xtraordnry0129
03-30-2012, 07:28 AM
I did like that video I still don't understand why you cannot use gunsmith for your starting weapon but it looks like it might just keep Future Soldier going after the initial hype blows over
What do you mean by that? You can't use gunsmith for your starting weapon? Do you mean we don't get to modify our weapon at the starting point of the Guerrilla mode and the SP campaign?

Kaiskune
03-30-2012, 08:26 AM
What do you mean by that? You can't use gunsmith for your starting weapon? Do you mean we don't get to modify our weapon at the starting point of the Guerrilla mode and the SP campaign?

no just guerrilla mode, in the this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pUrjrZXRtd0) the Dev explains that you all start out with a set baseline weapon and as the rounds progress you can access weapons with attachments.
thats what made me question the point of it all. the arguably biggest gamemode and the longevity of the game doesnt have the shiny gubbins that campaign and competitive has as standard

Insistor
03-30-2012, 09:31 AM
no just guerrilla mode, in the this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pUrjrZXRtd0) the Dev explains that you all start out with a set baseline weapon and as the rounds progress you can access weapons with attachments.
thats what made me question the point of it all. the arguably biggest gamemode and the longevity of the game doesnt have the shiny gubbins that campaign and competitive has as standard

I think it's a good challenge and forced variety. I'll be glued to my favourites in CO-OP campaign and MP, so to have Guerilla mode force me to work with the kit they provide (and then that I earn as the waves increase) makes you behave differently.

That said, I'd like some mod here, now that we can speak about Guerilla mode, just to clarify these few points:

1. Starting gear / Gear Drops: is this defined by map, and fixed every time, or do they change?
2. Characters: I also love the change from Ghosts to different identities for these missions. I assume we can't customize, but I'm confused as Antoine's latest Inside Recon shows some Ghosts playing - are some of the 4 missions ghosts and some special forces / police?
3. AI Randomisation: I think someone, maybe Adrian said somewhere that the AI are randomised and enter the level through random spawns on the perimeter - can you tell us more about how the experience will stay fresh each time. I found the randomisation in Splinter Cell's Deniable Ops very satisfying, always made for some surprises. What's to prevent us camping their entrances?

Thanks - mode looks superb!

MonkieMurdie
03-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Hi all back after quite a big absence, about time I started rakeing over the old posts and driving even more questions back at ubi. like I did in the early days of the mp and campaign q&A sticky threads.

watched the video. had some interesting moments to highlight.
0:44 & 0:49 looks like a civi running across the road to me. are there secondary bonus objectives at random points during guerrilla mode. or was this footage taken from story mode. as no hud!

1:14 to 1:18 apc suppresion creates alot of particle effects! affecting Line of sight adding to the choas, nice but may be over done a tad! I assume the debris from behind the player is the building getting damaged? In addition at a few points during the vid we see destructible scenery. so I imagine the prerequisite for moving between the locations is the fact the cover is trashed by wave 10? EDIT does this mean that a player taking a grenade launcher in graw 2 will be a bad idea and the team will need to think carefully about what explosive charges and grenades are used and when because you are effectively removing your own cover as you progress to wave 10!

furthermore if left would the building collapse due to damage. also if a player dies in this mode does the game finish like in the coop story? or is there a respawn at end of the wave? and please tell me a player cannot take a apc round and live! (crawling around looking for a medic)

1:48-1:50 audio commentary "....get extra points by killing with style..." your not serious are you? did you just say that in gr! was gr about killing with style I thought scoring would reward team play suppression, saving a friend, setting up perimeter defences, etc etc.. maybe taking on intermittent secondary objectives. what happened to play dirty to win? not GRFS bulletstorm edition! LOL kill with style! what next dlc with D&G camo and gucci handbags! but seriously I realise this is a fun mode but I hope your scoring reflects teamplay over headshot kills and kill-streaks.

destructible scenery highlights:- tricky this one we only got about 2 seconds of footage each clip so seeing a building accumulative damage is difficult to gauge hence the question at the bottom of the post.
1:41 no explosion animation this one but clearly the lower ground floor right hand wall is missing
1:47 building roof exploding with alot of smoke? or particle effects from destruction

animation highlights (I have always really liked lighting & animation details in GR games compared to the sterile no weather, poor lighting models, poor sound of other games)
1:42-1:45 blue and white striped canopy blowing in wind gives a nice organic touch
1:50 smoke/mist (hope its a weather scenery effect) moving left to right across the into the scope field of view
explosion of air-strikes animations. at 2:27

question:- can a player setup overwatch in the guard towers at 2:27 and 2:29 I can see ladders on the side of the structure?
is blue on blue on permanently as this mode is chaotic? god i hope so

@ ubi-mush or antoine could you post up some screen-shots of the building deformation models from the art department. obviously this is one of the biggest changes to the GR franchise and I am keen to see the results and it will highlight the work of the animation and art teams and the effort they have put in. And just to be greedy what about some weather screenshots or different time of day, please!.

JaRuTo
03-30-2012, 11:13 AM
1:48-1:50 audio commentary "....get extra points by killing with style..." your not serious are you? did you just say that in gr! was gr about killing with style I thought scoring would reward team play suppression, saving a friend, setting up perimeter defences, etc etc.. maybe taking on intermittent secondary objectives. what happened to play dirty to win? not GRFS bulletstorm edition! LOL kill with style! what next dlc with D&G camo and gucci handbags! but seriously I realise this is a fun mode but I hope your scoring reflects teamplay over headshot kills and kill-streaks.
Good point.

Kaiskune
03-30-2012, 02:07 PM
I think it's a good challenge and forced variety. I'll be glued to my favourites in CO-OP campaign and MP, so to have Guerilla mode force me to work with the kit they provide (and then that I earn as the waves increase) makes you behave differently.

I see what you mean but at the same time its not a good thing if worst case scenario the weapons are the same for every single map. (as an example, M417 base line to start with, followed by the ACR with a scope followed by a SCAR with a suppressor and scope etc every single map you play)

if the player could only chose their baseline model to being with that would be enough for me. that makes it a good mode for testing out new weapons with the worst case i mentioned... you still know you have a adequate weapon to fall back on if you are not comfortable with said weapon.
the player could then have the ability to upgrade their current weapon to a similar level to OR choose the round specific weapon. so players who want to keep a certain weapon can keep it up to date and those who like to use different weapons each round can choose the next gun in the line

I'd like to see a "surprise me" option you can use once a round, it could take your chosen weapon and modify it randomly. or just give you a completely random weapon to use. that would keep players on their toes

Insistor
03-30-2012, 02:41 PM
I see what you mean but at the same time its not a good thing if worst case scenario the weapons are the same for every single map. (as an example, M417 base line to start with, followed by the ACR with a scope followed by a SCAR with a suppressor and scope etc every single map you play)

if the player could only chose their baseline model to being with that would be enough for me. that makes it a good mode for testing out new weapons with the worst case i mentioned... you still know you have a adequate weapon to fall back on if you are not comfortable with said weapon.
the player could then have the ability to upgrade their current weapon to a similar level to OR choose the round specific weapon. so players who want to keep a certain weapon can keep it up to date and those who like to use different weapons each round can choose the next gun in the line

I'd like to see a "surprise me" option you can use once a round, it could take your chosen weapon and modify it randomly. or just give you a completely random weapon to use. that would keep players on their toes

Randomise option is a great idea for longevity. Especially as that functionality is built into the gunsmith. Can't see us getting it though.

Actually, I think I may have answered my own question here, but I think there will be either Ghost missions, or Bodark missions. These will determine which tree of weapons we are playing with. Like I said, if it's the same every time, will get old, agreed - but I think they're smart enough to have countered that somehow..

MonkieMurdie
03-30-2012, 05:20 PM
A random choice eh!

Players in gurrelia will compete against there friends there will always be a tendency to go for the strongest weapon in order to maximise there chances because no doubt there will be a leaderboard. forcing people to have different weapons via drops will lead to a lot of whinners!

However I think that the current setup as I understand it is fine. you have rubbish weapons to enable a rapid infiltration against poorly armed opposition. I hope there are limited support drops. as I would love to see players runout of ammo. and so have to pick up enemy weapons. of course class modifiers I hope are still in effect so the marksman on the LMG is going to have a very tough time in weapon handling and accuracy (slower reloading and higher aim movement when suppressed). as you move through the waves the enemy weapons get more powerful and upgraded (heavy barrel, extended mags etc etc) and so are the chances you can pick up something nice.
till eventually wave 10. I hope for some of the guerrillas stages use the 4 man diamond formation the idea of shooting your way out of that area and moving to the next map hold/defend map point would be kind of neat. they don't need to do every 10 levels but it would be a neat way of moving to the extract at round 50.

I think ordering weapons via a gunsmith preset slot for a air drop is kind of lame! If I was in the middle of a firefight I know that ordering support weapons doesn't mean I am going to get my weapon of choice. It should be about adapting to the weapons available on the fly and on the field. not ordering in a specific build via a drop every time.
does anybody know if dual scoping is in this game? I think it would be the only feature I would like to do between rounds modify add or remove sights/scopes from weapons of course doing this should have a large time penalty to execute. But in no way do I support a change in barrel or compressions gas system as part of a field maintenance activity. EDIT oh and i would forgive extended mags if they showed up.

Prudii_An
05-19-2013, 01:04 PM
How to open the last bonus in Guerrilla Mode?