PDA

View Full Version : Really curious to see teams & their tactics

xHyPnoSiSx
03-29-2012, 03:35 PM
I have always been a big GR fan, since I started playing GRIT in 2003. I have seen many teams play. Some fast paced, and some that play at a complete stand still in their spawns. And I think out of all the games that come out, The Tom Clancy games offer the most tactical based gameplay. I love running & gunning with the best of them, but fear that gaming has forever been changed. Yes teams will try and run & gun, but never fully will when they are getting beat, and beat badly. So this with the advantage of 3rd person view, have made gaming a bit different. But where one way has been changed, other aspects have been added. Smoke plays a big part in what to use when playing. You can use it for cover, or distractions. Cover fire could also be a big help in advancing across the map. Letting the other team know exactly where you are to draw them out and have your team kill them. Pre firing, depending on the game settings boom shots, and now there might be more stuff added to the game like advanced radar and motion sensors or whatever they have now.
I've always been a big run & gun guy, but have def understood that you can't run & gun as much when you have a team that camps at their 10 yrd line from the start of the game. So I feel I will be using a bit of everything to help my team win.
What I miss about GR: The competitiveness and how nail biting some of the matches are
What I will not miss: The amount of camping, cheaters that try and dispute cuz they get slapped, and room droppers.

What are your thoughts on how this game excels in tactics, and what type of style will you/your team use to win?

DEBRUSK519
03-29-2012, 05:37 PM
I think we are going to have to get our hands on the game first. ;)

xHyPnoSiSx
03-29-2012, 06:22 PM
For sure. I'm just really excited for the game to come out already! I was not looking forward to it at 1st, but now, after seeing vids, it's getting me back in the mind set of old recon style of gaming!

JaRuTo
03-29-2012, 09:39 PM
Yeah, and that's good sign for ghost recon series : )

xHyPnoSiSx
03-30-2012, 12:10 AM
For sure! I'm super excited about the game, it looks actually pretty cool, brings a whole new concept to 3rd person and gaming in general. I'm really looking forward to playing the game and seeing what MP maps they have!

Bassie52
03-30-2012, 01:45 AM
we are a group of 3 and we all have different tasks and spec's..i'm sniper, but i'm constantly on the move, surching for a good spot with the view that i want, to give coverfire and info for the other 2, who are on a task to gather intel or other objective..i constantly change my position when i shoot someone, but when i leave i lay a welcome back claymore at an obviouse spot and watch from a distance, how high he's flying..when the other 2 are not on a task, they are always close to me and when we move or not, we all know were to look so we constantly have 360' degrees surveillance over the battlefield..for the rest we have some more ways to work together or tactical ways to fool the enemy, but that's between us...

shobhit7777777
03-30-2012, 04:39 AM
I don't have a fixed 'team' as such but my playstyle is- Problem Solver. Basically I am a Lone Wolf but doing things which support the entire team. So if you have an enemy sniper racking up kills, I hunt him down. Pinned down by a heavy enemy fire? I'm the one putting up the smoke for the team and putting down fire with a SAW. Enemy forces in a house locking down an area? I'm the one who goes in to clear it. You are downed and desperately need a revive? I'll be there in 1. Got a terminal to hack? On it. Especially difficult target to kill? No problem.
Since I don't give a **** about my KDR...I am very persistent and almost always do my job....being a sneaky cunning bastard also helps :)

I usually lurk around the battlefield looking for these situations...and then immediately get on it.
So for GRFS...you'll likely see me playing as a Scout/Sniper or Engineer. I'll be going around trying to stun-hack people.

Kaiskune
03-30-2012, 03:09 PM
the way I play always depends on my team.
If I've jumped into a random game and no ones talking I admit complete and utter hypocrisy and lonewolf. on BF3 with random players I'd take the Recon and go hunting with my P90 or provide ranged support for those actually trying to go for the M-coms. either that or go hunting the dog tags of the Vassilli Zaitsev wannabes. they always leave themselves so~ wide open when they don't have a spotter to cover them

If I'm running with the usual suspects I take the role everyone else leaves.
on Chromehounds I used to play as either a Scout (as my gamertag icon shows) or as the commander (the latter i usually took due to the fact the guy who actually wanted to be the commander was useless at communicating and we could never understand his accent... never will that poor guy live down the confusion he makes over the letter 'J')
on dragon rising i usually took the medic on the agreement that I was first in line to replace my LMG with something useful. this was mainly just to stop squabbling over who gets the short straw
on BF3 I played as the squad grenadier. we only took recons as a team if we were doubling up to go armour busting