PDA

View Full Version : Signature Edition in the UK - GAME only?

Black_Shield
03-25-2012, 02:16 PM
I live in the UK and I was looking at pre-ordering GR:FS and like the extra map and hats etc. of the Signature Edition.
But it seems to be exclusive to GAME here, and with their current financial situation (I think they went into administration last week?) and their failure to honour previosu pre-orders recently such as Mass Effect 3 I am dubious about ordering with them.
Is there another retailer in the UK offering the Signature edition?

DUBLIN HITMAN
03-25-2012, 02:20 PM
You could try GameStop in Belfast or GameStop.ie but I don't know if you,d get it for the day of release ??

Cyberguts
03-25-2012, 06:43 PM
I was in the same boat as you, but as soon as EA pulled out of GAME; I canceled my preorder with them as I knew they would end up in administration!

Now, I have preordered through the UbiShop (http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/pd/ThemeID.8605700/productID.246430000) and you get the Signature Edition at the same price it was in GAME AND get BOTH preorder packs too!

This will be the best place for it!

Mr_Shade
03-25-2012, 06:49 PM
I was in the same boat as you, but as soon as EA pulled out of GAME; I canceled my preorder with them as I knew they would end up in administration!

Now, I have preordered through the UbiShop (http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubiemea/en_GB/pd/ThemeID.8605700/productID.246430000) and you get the Signature Edition at the same price it was in GAME AND get BOTH preorder packs too!

This will be the best place for it!
Indeed.

The Game situation is very sad - but Ubishop will be able to fill the gap - just remember to pre-order, so you're sure :)

Aussieuk2008
03-25-2012, 09:40 PM
I just have 1 question regarding pre-ordering the signature edition of GRFS from UbiShop website and that is why do I see a "Windows XP/Vista/Win 7 (other)" tag underneath the 2 bonus Ghost/Bodark packs which are listed in the checkout basket before I got to pay. When I've already selected the Xbox 360 version of the game not the PC one? Or am I overthinking this? I just don't want to be stuck with download content packs for the PC version of the game which is a bit useless to me since I'm going to be playing the xbox 360 version.

If anyone at Ubi could shed some light on this for me be much appreciated thanks.

JediMonkeyxDoW
03-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Surely if you order direct from the UBI store you wont be getting the game on day of release? If it can be confirmed that the game will be dispatched on a release day delivery, expectation only of course and not withstanding any postal delays, I will gladly change and preorder from amazon to you guys.

EDDS
03-26-2012, 11:55 AM
Just canceled my pre order from GAME and pre ordered it from the UBI shop as I'm not trusting GAME too much atm.

JediMonkeyxDoW
03-26-2012, 12:30 PM
It wont accept my order, debit card is good, billing address is correct but I keep getting a message stating payment authorisation has failed. As far as I know there shouldnt be any payment until the goods have been shipped.

Learn 2 Die 101
03-26-2012, 02:23 PM
What happened to Gamestop and is it only happening in the UK?

Mr_Shade
03-26-2012, 02:44 PM
It wont accept my order, debit card is good, billing address is correct but I keep getting a message stating payment authorisation has failed. As far as I know there shouldnt be any payment until the goods have been shipped.
For billing questions, you need to contact Ubishop support - which are a different department from normal support - so please follow the links on the Ubishop website, and not the ones in my signature.

Same goes for any questions about the contents of game editions or bonus content - please contact the shop directly.

Ubishop normally tries to deliver the game to you for the release day, so you have it in hand - however postal delays can sometimes slow this down.

bazzam1974
03-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Here is a link for promo codes at ubi shop top one got me 5 off GRFS http://coupon.tjoos.com/Coupon-Popup/177873/UbiSoft/activate~a

Cpt_Jagga
03-29-2012, 09:07 PM
HI THERE.i was just wondering.i had the same problem.i decided to pre order it of ubishop..after i preordered a the bottom of the creen in red it said. [CENTER][COLOR=#FFFFFF][B]This order will be shipped after the release date of 25/05/2012 for Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier - BODARK PRE-ORDER PACK.

is this the pre order code only.. as this is the first time i am ordering from ubi shop . will i most likely reccive the a tual game on release day.

and what are ubi shop normally like with physical copies of pre orders?

any help will be appreciated.

thanks

JediMonkeyxDoW
03-30-2012, 09:22 AM
I already asked that questions and they stated that barr postal delays which are out of their control they always try to get the game to the customer on the same day as release. You pays your money and takes your chances basically.

shotpower
03-31-2012, 12:08 AM
So hang on, where can we get the Signature Edition from here in the UK. Can we get it from GAME or not? I'd also like to ask why the hell you devs/publishers have done this nonsense. Making it exclusive to GAME when they have been in the **** for a while. Who comes up with these retailer specific things. It's utterly moronic, especially in this case.

Why don't you do the sensible thing and not make it exclusive to GAME. They can't even run themselves. It's ridiculous.

Bassie52
03-31-2012, 12:31 AM
@mr shade..i made a poll ragarding tenchu, on the assassins creed forum..i don't know how it's going to unfold, but do the dev's and forum managers notice these polls?..

shotpower
04-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Seriously though, why is this still GAME exclusive?

Kaiskune
04-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Seriously though, why is this still GAME exclusive?

Game must have paid Ubisoft their dues before the bankruptcy. and seeing as Game has been saved there no point in trying to pass it onto another group. dont forget that even with the bailout they are still the leading video game supplier in the UK... that is until someone buys gamestation off them.

when Gamestop's offer only applies the to the Yanks anyway why shouldn't GAME keep the Sig Edition bonus?

shotpower
04-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Exactly what do you get with the Signature Edition that you don't get with the normal edition?

As for the leading video game supplier in the UK, well, not really. Not anymore. They're just the biggest video games only store. And there's a a reason they went into administration. It's because of their poor pricing and people waking up realising we didn't really actually need GAME for what we want. And getting specific editions of a game that you can only get there aint gonna save them.

Kaiskune
04-06-2012, 04:54 PM
2 weapons the MK.14 and AK-47
a headware customization mode
a *cough* 'exclusive' single player map
2 extra gun paints

shotpower
04-06-2012, 05:03 PM
2 weapons the MK.14 and AK-47
a headware customization mode
a *cough* 'exclusive' single player map
2 extra gun paints

And therein lies the problem. GAME are charging 49.99 for the signature edition and that's online where they're cheaper. That's 12 more than the normal edition from a lot of places, one of them being the place that is actually the best place to buy games from these days, shopto.net.

So, am I going to pay an extra 12 just for pitiful amount? lol, no. And GAME wonder why they have gotten into this mess.

Kaiskune
04-06-2012, 05:26 PM
And therein lies the problem. GAME are charging 49.99 for the signature edition and that's online where they're cheaper. That's 12 more than the normal edition from a lot of places, one of them being the place that is actually the best place to buy games from these days, shopto.net.

So, am I going to pay an extra 12 just for pitiful amount? lol, no. And GAME wonder why they have gotten into this mess.

take a look around, EVERYWHERE is charging 49.99 for signature edition. only Gamestop's double standards have given the yanks a free signature edition upgrade to US customersto standard purchasers.
shopto.net is only offering standard edition at 37.99. just like everywhere else

GAMEs problem was they tried to expand to fast in a economy that's still reeling.

shotpower
04-06-2012, 06:38 PM
If by everywhere you mean GAME and the Ubisoft store which are the only places you can get the signature edition then yes, everywhere IS charging 49.99 for it. But that's hardly a surprise is it when the only places are GAME with their terrible pricing and the rip off Ubisoft store that's just as bad, maybe even worse.

As for GAME trying to expand too quickly in an economy that's still reeling, what? GAME was founded in 1991.

xKillalicious-
04-06-2012, 07:07 PM
I just have 1 question regarding pre-ordering the signature edition of GRFS from UbiShop website and that is why do I see a "Windows XP/Vista/Win 7 (other)" tag underneath the 2 bonus Ghost/Bodark packs which are listed in the checkout basket before I got to pay. When I've already selected the Xbox 360 version of the game not the PC one? Or am I overthinking this? I just don't want to be stuck with download content packs for the PC version of the game which is a bit useless to me since I'm going to be playing the xbox 360 version.

If anyone at Ubi could shed some light on this for me be much appreciated thanks.

Its because those items are redeem codes that will be emailed to you

Kaiskune
04-06-2012, 07:16 PM
GAME was founded in 1992, was acquired by electronics boutique in 1995 which went on to acquire several other chains in europe. in 2002 Electronics Boutique re-branded to GAME group plc. in 2004 they bought out gameplay ltd and gamewizards (AUS) in 2006. finally they bought gamestation in 2007. by 2011 they had 1275 stores world wide. Game didn't make any attempts to down size when the recession hit and that affected their profits.
and that's before supermarkets have been undercutting store prices on media or the gradual rise of online purchasing though alternate places like amazon and steam
EA's credit limit put a pretty painful boot in and when capcom jumped on the band wagon.. well... we all know the rest

that 'terrible pricing' is the recommended retail price put forward by Ubisoft. if you actually shop a round the majority are charging 37.99 for standard edition and 49.99 for Signature for in store purchases. its not just GAME group that's using that pricing