PDA

View Full Version : Well, the no encore glitch is back...or is it?

NIPZ82
03-23-2012, 03:06 AM
Haven't had an encore since level 7, have already reset my account to start again and get the bonus songs, got em all. Now at level 9 and haven't had an encore since level 7.

Last show was minimum RS point of 305,100.

By my logic, for 20% over it would be 305,100 x 1.20 = 366,120

So why is it when the final tally is 466,416 no encore? I think this is on purpose. I think it stops giving encores once you've mastered a few songs and reserves them for the master mode setlist exclusively. Or it's a glitch. Who knows, who cares. Got the bonus songs anyway but it was frustrating as all hell the last time when I was ahead in terms of RSP to what I am now and never getting an encore, even when I calculate out what I need to get beforehand as I just did, then having to delete everything and start all over. Especially all the explanations to all the menus...lol.

Nazatin
03-23-2012, 06:15 AM
Well I'm on level 7 and I got no encore so I'm guessing I will have to restart to get the hidden songs. I am willing to restart to get Space Ostrich

Duggle-SD
03-23-2012, 07:02 AM
No, your master mode theory won't work. I already tried that. I had a set of 5 songs that I wasn't getting an encore for (I would quit when I didn't get the encore to save the event for later). I mastered 5 songs and replaced the event songs with the 5 mastered songs. I needed 150,000 for each song for a total of 750,000, plus 20% made it 900,000 which was well over the original songs total of course. I scored over 1,000,000 on the event and still no encore.

I also tried just proceding ahead without the encore and any subsequent events also gave no encore.

WickedBadz
03-23-2012, 07:13 AM
I unlocked all the bonus songs by just using a 5 setlist master mode performance, I was hitting 100%-99% on all 5 of the songs and would pull encores that I was smoking through and had no issues unlocking the bonus tracks. You need to get a certain percentage I believe of notes hit, like 90% I think it is.

Duggle-SD
03-23-2012, 08:18 AM
We're talking about simple encores, not double encores. I had already unlocked all the songs and was earning all of the bonus pedals that aren't given with song tones or purchased in the store. That is until I stopped getting encores.

exolstice
03-23-2012, 01:35 PM
I stopped getting encores around level 7-8 and started getting them again around 9 and above. What changed? I started playing better and swapping out all the songs in an event for songs that I always score above 100K: Do You Remember (single), Go With The Flow (Combo), Next Girl, Angela, and Mind Eraser (single).

NIPZ82
03-24-2012, 12:45 AM
I stopped getting encores around level 7-8 and started getting them again around 9 and above. What changed? I started playing better and swapping out all the songs in an event for songs that I always score above 100K: Do You Remember (single), Go With The Flow (Combo), Next Girl, Angela, and Mind Eraser (single).

Yeah, I'll put an ace in the hole here and there, but look at my score...I way outdid the 20% margin. I even went ahead and looked at it before the event started, opened up windows calculator, entered the number, added 20 percent, and had the screen of the cpu next to the tv on so I'd know if I did it or not. Shattered it but still nothing.

SilentPSA-TBW
03-24-2012, 01:05 AM
i unlocked all 6 songs post patch after reaching lvl 20 by using master mode sets and songs that i was getting 96% on and up. i dont know what the mechanics are for it but this 20% thing that someone came up with doesnt seem to work, personally i think it has more to do with the accuracy percentage than anything else.

NIPZ82
03-24-2012, 01:17 AM
The 20% rule works from what I've seen until a certain level from what I've seen, pre and post patch....weird...

It was level 7 for me anyway.

SilentPSA-TBW
03-24-2012, 01:35 AM
The 20% rule works from what I've seen until a certain level from what I've seen, pre and post patch....weird...

It was level 7 for me anyway.
perhaps thats because alot of the time when you get 20% higher than the required minimum, its because you did well on the accuracy part of things