PDA

View Full Version : New GRFS coop mission footage!!!

paardezak
03-21-2012, 05:32 PM
http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/03/21/ghost-recon-future-soldier-co-op-gameplay

Looks great!!!

GR90
03-21-2012, 05:46 PM
Looks amazing can't wait to play this game.

Kaiskune
03-21-2012, 05:52 PM
any chance you can find it on youtube? IGNs new age system is pathetic

JaRuTo
03-21-2012, 06:04 PM
What the hell... How can't AI not see the soldiers up to four meters even if there are less invisible?

GR90
03-21-2012, 06:15 PM
Because the player was using his camouflage cloak and the soldier was not looking in his direction.

sameer_monier
03-21-2012, 06:42 PM
any chance you can find it on youtube? IGNs new age system is pathetic
The old and new one non the less, why the hell do they have a Youtube channel and don't upload there videos there and then embed the youtube videos on their article ?!, It's really beyond me.

BTW anyone who saw it, Are there any new missions ?!, cause I feel like I already saw alot of SP footage, so I want to save a map or two for the release, so a little help here, not sure though if I can keep myself from watching, Sigh.

suolucidur
03-21-2012, 07:18 PM
It got uploaded on youtube just moments ago, have fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DzYz54NZx0

DanHibikiFanXM
03-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Man...WHY did they bring back the chopper gunner missions from the GRAW games? Those were probably my least favorite missions.

FistyMcBfPunch
03-21-2012, 07:41 PM
OMG. So cool!!

JaRuTo
03-21-2012, 08:14 PM
Because the player was using his camouflage cloak and the soldier was not looking in his direction.

No, soldiers should catch the corner of eye so close that something ghosts blurry. AI is blind as hell.

theonlytime
03-21-2012, 08:21 PM
A lot of interesting details, so the game in Co-Op Mode is in fact a "one life to live" mode. I am curious to now, for instance, if one teammate is shot down, and not revived on time, therefore Mission Failure, will the team have to start from square one or will continue from a previous checkpoint like GRAW (I think)? The idea to make the campaign mode much more difficult and serious like going back to square one after a KIA or death, may seem frustrating to several, checkpoints work better for most part, esp. if a level seems lengthening. To be in a Mission Failure and restart, or resume constantly can be the result from a lack of teamwork.
At first, I thought the footage would be the MP gameplay of FS. To play in a non-respawn mode online would be challenging, yet fun if all goes well.

JediMonkeyxDoW
03-21-2012, 08:32 PM
@ theonlytime I like the way you talk lie you are an artificial intelligence, just saying...

I am sure it will be checkpoints make sense anyway. The footage looks totally amazing, including the gun ships! great that you can lay down suppressing fire for your team mates. All we need now is the beta date and some cool mp footage to keep us going.

sameer_monier
03-21-2012, 08:41 PM
No, soldiers should catch the corner of eye so close that something ghosts blurry. AI is blind as hell.
maybe cause every video is probably being played on Easy, so let's wait and see how Hard will be like, if they will see us or not, then judge.

JaRuTo
03-21-2012, 08:54 PM
I have a bad feeling that the difficulty level will not change anything... but okay, Well see if it's true.
Othervise, looks promise.

NightGhost1994
03-21-2012, 08:55 PM
maybe cause every video is probably being played on Easy, so let's wait and see how Hard will be like, if they will see us or not, then judge.
Let's wait for a full game. I thought that Scc is piece of cake when I watched how devs play.

suolucidur
03-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Let's wait for a full game. I thought that Scc is piece of cake when I watched how devs play.

Well... Splinter Cell Conviction IS a piece of cake :-P.

JaRuTo
03-21-2012, 09:03 PM
Well... Splinter Cell Conviction IS a piece of cake :-P.
It's true! : D SCC was not that hard like older Splinter Cell games <3

Bassie52
03-21-2012, 09:20 PM
wow!, the graphics of the water is really something..the way the ghosts move and interact...the weather/ enviroments/.this one could kick scc of 1'st place..

Kaiskune
03-21-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm still not impressed with the 2 primary weapons system. I've hated it in every game they put it in. if you're playing with others its just not necessary. if you could actually change your RoF mid mission you wouldn't need to carry 2 assault rifles in campaign to begin with.

i cannot see the need for a rail shooter in the game either just like the fact they've kept the fuel air bomb Vs Hind Ds moment. I expected a game that shows the grittiness of war and not some Hollywood induced moment in invincibility
I'm wondering why its a black hawk again as well... i would have thought they'd replace it with the Osprey or the GosHawk from EndWar by now if somehow the yanks magically have invisibility suits by 2020

but i have to side with Jaruto, if you can get that close still on gravel the Ai still needs work.

NightGhost1994
03-21-2012, 09:24 PM
wow!, the graphics of the water is really something..the way the ghosts move and interact...the weather/ enviroments/.this one could kick scc of 1'st place..
No. SC is way better than GR, but doesn't matter much anyway. Both games are made by Ubi and that's what's important.

xoSoul
03-21-2012, 09:40 PM
splintercell convictions was super easy, but ghost recon,imo the AI was sort of dumb in the old games but like towards graw 1 and 2 if you set it to a high difficulty they we are smarter, sometimes they would out flank you when you trying to flank them, so i have no doubt the difficulties will a difference on gameplay, ps..this game is going to be grrrrrrrreat ;p

Vyper82
03-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Looks very good, very good indeed.

One thing though in the video @ 0.50 - 0.53, the ghost moves out from behind cover but his view is severely restricted by the wall, I hope there is a switch shoulder option as that looked a little awkward, I'd like the option to switch it from my left to right shoulder and vica versa when the need arises. Does anybody know if this feature is in?

DanHibikiFanXM
03-21-2012, 10:35 PM
splintercell convictions was super easy, but ghost recon,imo the AI was sort of dumb in the old games but like towards graw 1 and 2 if you set it to a high difficulty they we are smarter, sometimes they would out flank you when you trying to flank them, so i have no doubt the difficulties will a difference on gameplay, ps..this game is going to be grrrrrrrreat ;p

While you are correct on the AI of the old games I will say that I don't think we played the same GRAWs then. Are you talking PC or Console? On console the enemy AI was a joke regardless of the difficulty setting you had it on. About the only thing I could see that was different on the elevated risk settings was Mitchell not being able to take as many hits. The only time I could ever recall being flanked in those games was when it was scripted and enemies spawned up on rooftops or during those last stand moments at the embassy in GRAW and the part where Rosen's blackhawk gets shot down in GRAW2.

Hmm.

Mumpert9
03-22-2012, 12:05 AM
Looks very good, very good indeed.

One thing though in the video @ 0.50 - 0.53, the ghost moves out from behind cover but his view is severely restricted by the wall, I hope there is a switch shoulder option as that looked a little awkward, I'd like the option to switch it from my left to right shoulder and vica versa when the need arises. Does anybody know if this feature is in?

There is a switch shoulder option i believe... also in that shot the player does something really weird.. it would have made more sense to stay in cover and shoot at the enemy instead he pulls back and then shoots.. I don't that would be a common issue even if shoulder switch isn't in the game..

GuZZ33
03-22-2012, 12:07 AM
Looks smooth, framerate must be polished :), steady 60fps? or film trickery? haha :)

Mumpert9
03-22-2012, 12:11 AM
hah could be either... I'm hoping with the amount of time and effort put into it the frame rate is high and steady

theonlytime
03-22-2012, 01:03 AM
@ theonlytime I like the way you talk lie you are an artificial intelligence, just saying...

I am sure it will be checkpoints make sense anyway. The footage looks totally amazing, including the gun ships! great that you can lay down suppressing fire for your team mates. All we need now is the beta date and some cool mp footage to keep us going.

Lol, if only I could speak as equally as my writing/typing follows. I would be the happiest person w/ an artificial mind. Having watched the trailer now urges me to play it already. I'm disappointed in Ubisoft for not making an exclusive beta for PS3 as well. I guess it's due to the fact of PSN and it's rules.

Only 2 months to go!

sameer_monier
03-22-2012, 01:28 AM
Lol, if only I could speak as equally as my writing/typing follows. I would be the happiest person w/ an artificial mind. Having watched the trailer now urges me to play it already. I'm disappointed in Ubisoft for not making an exclusive beta for PS3 as well. I guess it's due to the fact of PSN and it's rules.

Only 2 months to go!
Don't worry we will get our Beta too, First will be the SCC owner, then it will be open for both Xbox and PS3, I think.

Anyway It is confirmed that the beta is coming to the PS3, and I really can't wait.

Bassie52
03-22-2012, 01:47 AM
@nightghost: your right about sc beeing better than GR, but this one could turn it around for me..maybe the next sc wil top FS, but i doubt it..loving the co-op SEALs genre to much..and the game also has stealth now, so..

theonlytime
03-22-2012, 01:47 AM
Don't worry we will get our Beta too, First will be the SCC owner, then it will be open for both Xbox and PS3, I think.

Anyway It is confirmed that the beta is coming to the PS3, and I really can't wait.

Oh it's confirmed?!? Well, last time I heard, a GameStop employee (seemingly knows his intel, did not attend to me) mentioned to me FS beta is available only for 360 and there will NOT be a beta for PS3. Thus, we're almost approaching the moment to access the beta. So the employee attending me (thought FS would be on PS3 when I preordered a PS3 copy), instead asked me if I wanted a 360 beta key and I said whatever works. So now I have a beta key for FS and for Fifa Street (both on 360), how odd? So, nothing more can be "camoflauged" here, either a demo is expected for PS3 or otherwise no beta for PS3. Who am to rely on now? Ubi after all selected GameStop to sell one type of preorder incentive.

Hortey
03-22-2012, 03:03 AM
I'm still not impressed with the 2 primary weapons system. I've hated it in every game they put it in. if you're playing with others its just not necessary. if you could actually change your RoF mid mission you wouldn't need to carry 2 assault rifles in campaign to begin with.

i cannot see the need for a rail shooter in the game either just like the fact they've kept the fuel air bomb Vs Hind Ds moment. I expected a game that shows the grittiness of war and not some Hollywood induced moment in invincibility
I'm wondering why its a black hawk again as well... i would have thought they'd replace it with the Osprey or the GosHawk from EndWar by now if somehow the yanks magically have invisibility suits by 2020

but i have to side with Jaruto, if you can get that close still on gravel the Ai still needs work.

Yea it seems like the 2 primary weapon system came out of simple inability to do what they showed us at e3. The weapons there had switching fire modes and you could remove the silencers when they were no longer needed. Now you have one weapon you use in stealth, and one you use when you've been found.

DanHibikiFanXM
03-22-2012, 04:01 AM
Never understood the appeal of having dual primaries. Logistically, it's a silly concept unless you're talking about a small machine pistol. I can say from personal experience that carrying just my M4 in Afghanistan was a pain in the ***. I couldn't imagine being forced to carry an M4 AND something like an EBR...and also carrying full ammo loadouts for both weapons. It's a bonkers concept. I mean think about this.

You've got body armor complete with add-ons like IR strobes, NODs, a computer that runs the Land Warrior/AR, batteries that power the computer, and other misc. items like food and water. Based on what I've worn both on active duty with 10th Mountain and in my current NG unit I can guesstimate it all weighing easily 20-30 pounds...and that's low balling it.

Now let's consider weapons. So let's start off with a M4 with a PEQ-15 IR laser, tac light, ACOG, custom foregrip/pistol grip/stock...and since we're talking SF let's add a suppressor on there. With all that junk added the M4 can easily start weighing over ten pounds unloaded - 15+ if you add something like a 320 grenade launcher.

Now let's add a secondary weapon - a M249 SAW. With similar attachments as the M4 you're looking at around 17-22 pounds depending on if it's loaded or not.

Now let's add a full loadout of ammo for each weapon - 7 thirty round mags for the M4 and say...400 rounds for the SAW. That's going to add at least 15-20 pounds.

Low balling those numbers you're looking at around 62 pounds. Think about that. 62 pounds. Even if you are in peak physical condition that is simply too much weight to be lugging around - not even attempting the warp speed cover swap mechanic or all the rolling, flipping, and whatever else you see these characters doing.

I understand that this is a video game and not real life. However sometimes I REALLY wish game developers would try doing half of the physical feats that their characters do without becoming an instant heat casualty and/or getting smoked in the first 5-10 minutes.

Hortey
03-22-2012, 06:43 AM
Yea I read in some book about Delta Operators that they usually carry no more than 40 lbs. in a backpack as a rule, I know that he counted his sidearm in this weight but I'm not sure if he would count his primary. I do agree though, except there's a good chance that since it's special forces in the near future there is probably some small exoskeleton thing happening under their clothes or something. The outward looking exo was taken off, but they move too fast with too much weight for it to be believable so I choose to assume there's something else in the works.

suolucidur
03-22-2012, 06:53 AM
Another reason why I dislike dual primary, is that it's too easy (from a gameplay point of view). You can take one weapon for stealthy takedowns and one weapon for big firefights, so you are prepared for everything the game can throw at you. Where if you could just take one primary weapon, you really have to look at what type of mission you are facing and choose your weapon accordingly.

sameer_monier
03-22-2012, 08:23 AM
Oh it's confirmed?!? Well, last time I heard, a GameStop employee (seemingly knows his intel, did not attend to me) mentioned to me FS beta is available only for 360 and there will NOT be a beta for PS3. Thus, we're almost approaching the moment to access the beta. So the employee attending me (thought FS would be on PS3 when I preordered a PS3 copy), instead asked me if I wanted a 360 beta key and I said whatever works. So now I have a beta key for FS and for Fifa Street (both on 360), how odd? So, nothing more can be "camoflauged" here, either a demo is expected for PS3 or otherwise no beta for PS3. Who am to rely on now? Ubi after all selected GameStop to sell one type of preorder incentive.
Trust your own Com.Dev who said that the beta is coming to the PS3, probably Gamestop only got early access for the Xbox, but there is no early access for the PS3, also Gamestop isn't a reliable source to get your info from, after all they put alot of release dates on their own record.

sameer_monier
03-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Never understood the appeal of having dual primaries. Logistically, it's a silly concept unless you're talking about a small machine pistol. I can say from personal experience that carrying just my M4 in Afghanistan was a pain in the ***. I couldn't imagine being forced to carry an M4 AND something like an EBR...and also carrying full ammo loadouts for both weapons. It's a bonkers concept. I mean think about this.

You've got body armor complete with add-ons like IR strobes, NODs, a computer that runs the Land Warrior/AR, batteries that power the computer, and other misc. items like food and water. Based on what I've worn both on active duty with 10th Mountain and in my current NG unit I can guesstimate it all weighing easily 20-30 pounds...and that's low balling it.

Now let's consider weapons. So let's start off with a M4 with a PEQ-15 IR laser, tac light, ACOG, custom foregrip/pistol grip/stock...and since we're talking SF let's add a suppressor on there. With all that junk added the M4 can easily start weighing over ten pounds unloaded - 15+ if you add something like a 320 grenade launcher.

Now let's add a secondary weapon - a M249 SAW. With similar attachments as the M4 you're looking at around 17-22 pounds depending on if it's loaded or not.

Now let's add a full loadout of ammo for each weapon - 7 thirty round mags for the M4 and say...400 rounds for the SAW. That's going to add at least 15-20 pounds.

Low balling those numbers you're looking at around 62 pounds. Think about that. 62 pounds. Even if you are in peak physical condition that is simply too much weight to be lugging around - not even attempting the warp speed cover swap mechanic or all the rolling, flipping, and whatever else you see these characters doing.

I understand that this is a video game and not real life. However sometimes I REALLY wish game developers would try doing half of the physical feats that their characters do without becoming an instant heat casualty and/or getting smoked in the first 5-10 minutes.
Totally agree, but TBH I never thought about it like that.

I think a simple solution can help with all of that, for example as you said you got M4, Silencer On/Off for Sneaking or Fire Fight, and adjusting Rate of Fire on the run, 1 Bullet for headshots/snipping and automatic for All out Action, all problems solved.

And that is something I really like about Splinter Cell Double Agent Old Gen, you had SC-20K and had multiple attachment you can use on the flly, Sniper Attachment, Shotgun Attachment, not to mention the shocker, air foil rounds, .......etc, One weapon that can be used in multiple ways, the same kinda goes for Chaos Theory where you could choose your loadout before the missions, either Assault or Stealth, not sure though how SC-20K would work with a Ghost.

I got a question for you though, what do you think of Vector (http://nosbigwerdna.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Vector.jpg), cause I saw it more than a couple of times being used by the Ghosts, it seems for CQC, but I am more used to Silenced MP5 for that, how is it ?!

JediMonkeyxDoW
03-22-2012, 12:23 PM
Guerilla Mode anyone?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/gamesblog/2012/mar/22/ghost-recon-future-soldier-preview

Kaiskune
03-22-2012, 01:49 PM

I'm glad i didnt try to explain it myself. your explainations are always far better Xp

If Ubisoft is so instant that player will need 2 primary rifles then their should be some concessions as well. only carrying half the max ammo for each would be a start.
the only players who really need a second primary are Marksmen or the poor sap lugging about the vehicle buster, they'll need a PDW or smaller for when the going gets up close and personal.

JediMonkeyxDoW
03-22-2012, 02:02 PM
Dont use the secondary weapon?! Sure your character will have to virtually carry it around and he may or may not get virtually fatigued but I am sure that when he has finished virtually killing everyone he can go home/basecamp and put his virtual feet up, sip a lovely virtual beverage and have a nice virtual bath and virtual footspa.

ITS NOT REAL PEOPLE! Rather to have the choices and not use them than to not have the choices at all. It doesnt give people an unfair advantage if everyone has the same advantage.

Probably missed the point in which case I apologise but thats my 2 cents worth...

Kaiskune
03-22-2012, 03:01 PM
Dont use the secondary weapon?! Sure your character will have to virtually carry it around and he may or may not get virtually fatigued but I am sure that when he has finished virtually killing everyone he can go home/basecamp and put his virtual feet up, sip a lovely virtual beverage and have a nice virtual bath and virtual footspa.

ITS NOT REAL PEOPLE! Rather to have the choices and not use them than to not have the choices at all. It doesnt give people an unfair advantage if everyone has the same advantage.

Probably missed the point in which case I apologise but thats my 2 cents worth...

you put forward a good point but at the same time Ubisoft are quick throw the claims of using former SEAL operative advisers and a 'authenticity manager' in their gloating about how realistic this game will supposedly be. that a situation like this should not have even arose

its an extreme example but a marksman carrying a AMR would only carry 15 rounds for the big gun and would probably leave a few magazines of carbine ammo behind at base or share them with their team.

another point would be if you join a random team on co-op. you might be seen as a liability to the team being the only one with only a single assault rifle. unless you are playing with like minded players you'll just have red river syndrome all over again

DanHibikiFanXM
03-22-2012, 03:27 PM

You did miss the point haha. No problem though. It seems to be mostly a single player thing since the few MP videos we got from E3 last year showed loadouts consisting of one primary and a sidearm. That is good. No problems there.

However, singleplayer features dual primaries. Even taking realism out of the picture it's still a feature that in my opinion pampers the player and removes much of the thought process from the game as I think Hortey said above me. Allowing for two primaries lets the player be prepared for every scenario. Let's say you've got a sniper rifle and a short barreled AR15 style weapon. You can handle any small arm threat that could possibly come against you in the campaign. That is bad.

Prior to beggining a mission you should have to understand the basic idea of what you're going to be doing and where you're going to be doing it. You know, like recieving the mission briefs in the OGR or even the little text that popped up in GRAW2. Having only one primary adds a subtle layer of tactical depth to the game. You have to make an informed decision on what your character is going to bring. Are you going to bring a specialized weapon like a sniper rifle or SMG? Those types of weapons have serious advantages and disadvantages and would force you to alter your playing style, especially if the game ever decided to throw a curve ball at you and you find yourself in a situation that's less than favorable for you....or you can go the safe route and equip an assault rifle and be the proverbial jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none.

Basically I just think pampering the player and allowing them to be prepared for every possible situation goes against the concept of a good tactical shooter. This is also because dual primaries sucked in SOCOM 4 as well so...yeah. Does that make sense? I don't know maybe I'm just rambling here lol.

JediMonkeyxDoW
03-22-2012, 03:47 PM
I do see your point but at this stage a lot is just speculation and conjecture, I will just check my dictionary for context. A lot of what makes GRAW great is the AI and although pandering to the gamer by giving them unrealistic loadouts may take some of the gameplay and excitement out for the experienced gamer its got to cater for all gamestyles and experience levels and after all it is about putting bums on seats. If you want realism get Arma or one of the other countless strategy battle sims, like CoD or Battlefield (LOL, I cant stress how much that last part is intended as sarcasm).

The tactical part for me has always been the MP aspect of GRAW, Coop for fun with mates and MP for tactics.

Kaiskune
03-22-2012, 05:05 PM
If you want realism get Arma or one of the other countless strategy battle sims, like CoD or Battlefield (LOL, I cant stress how much that last part is intended as sarcasm).

when the developers themselves are constantly trying to claim how realistic the game will be and how much they put into making sure it was authentic why should WE as a consumers have to look else ware for a little logical thinking in how the game plays out.

one of the biggest parts of the mission should be choosing the right weapon for the job. if it includes a lot of long range shots you bring a long rifle, all knife work you bring a carbine or PDW. Players should need to consider what they are carrying and what their team is carrying not just go through from start to finish with the same assault rifle/ sniper rifle combo. mission in mission out

shobhit7777777
03-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Man...WHY did they bring back the chopper gunner missions from the GRAW games? Those were probably my least favorite missions.

Exactly.

On rails section are boring as **** and are quite archaic now. Why?!?!?

Plus Side:
Looks excellent. :D