Ubi_Antoine
03-16-2012, 06:28 PM
http://youtu.be/OFwMbJ3UosQ?hd=1

DUBLIN HITMAN
03-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Not good

Bassie52
03-16-2012, 07:05 PM
looks really good..!so no bullets, but sort of explosive slingshot..

DanHibikiFanXM
03-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the video Antoine. As for the actual content...seems like the drones will be highly irritating in multiplayer just like in every other game. I'm totally going to be trolling people like I did in BF3.

http://youtu.be/i1mKtFSPyEA

Kaiskune
03-16-2012, 07:23 PM
that did not inspire confidence at all.

if the AI cannot spot a drone less than a meter away from them someone has not been earning their pay.
all that showed was the Drone is required too much in the game. it should be an ASSET not a crutch!

the community have been asking about what counters the AI will use against the Ghost Tech. when are you going to show us the challenges that make the game worthy of the Ghost Recon name? so far all you've showed is how easy it will be.

davidbox
03-16-2012, 08:00 PM
I slightly regret seeing this. I dont feeling i need to have my eyes on the sky in an infantry game. This maybe the most annoying thing.

Elcuco1227
03-16-2012, 08:05 PM
@Danhibikifan where did you think they the idea of 3 drones? They saw this on your Youtube channel and thought why not take it a step futher and and make it shoot for major points. Everyone agreed and though this will be great. We needed a use for the emp grenade and now we have 2. the drone and cloak. I can stomach the use of 1 drone but 3. Sorry. It seems like they want to bring it closer to HALO or something. Just bring back the exoskeleton some armor and the shooting drone will be irrelevent.

It would have been nice if they wanted to support the whole "TEAMWORK" idea if they shown it in a MP vid in action iinstead of the majority of being to appear from SP. And why is that the first UAV drone you can not see it on the screen?

sameer_monier
03-16-2012, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the video Antoine. As for the actual content...seems like the drones will be highly irritating in multiplayer just like in every other game. I'm totally going to be trolling people like I did in BF3.

http://youtu.be/i1mKtFSPyEA
you gotta be kidding me, I really never get how serious it was till I saw your video, wow, so a drone can kill a player by hitting him :D LOL, and I think now I can say that you really have a point, especially about how the MP will be like with drones like these.

Edit: and hey, the music totally rocks, loved it, what is the name of the soundtrack ?! :D

@Kaiskune (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/838561-Kaiskune): totally agree, I think before they move on to the MP footage we need to see the counter measures to the Ghosts tech, we really need that, maybe they can even show how will all these gadgets work in the MP without breaking the game apart, seriously after watching that video now I am worried.

Vyper82
03-16-2012, 08:35 PM
This is by far the worst GRFS video released, it's actually putting me off buying the game rather than enticing me in, What's this obsession with the UAVs? I want boots on the ground, not flying around in the sky with a toy helicopter for half the game! Jeez if I want a flight sim I'd buy H.A.W.X 2.

Well this is the first chink in the armour and we have not seen any MP vids yet!!! I dread to think how the UAVs gonna ruin that!!!

Hortey
03-16-2012, 10:14 PM
you gotta be kidding me, I really never get how serious it was till I saw your video, wow, so a drone can kill a player by hitting him :D LOL, and I think now I can say that you really have a point, especially about how the MP will be like with drones like these.

Edit: and hey, the music totally rocks, loved it, what is the name of the soundtrack ?! :D

@Kaiskune (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/838561-Kaiskune): totally agree, I think before they move on to the MP footage we need to see the counter measures to the Ghosts tech, we really need that, maybe they can even show how will all these gadgets work in the MP without breaking the game apart, seriously after watching that video now I am worried.

First off I would like to applaud the makers of the game, we asked for a video about the drones and seeing them get disabled, and within a week they came out with one for us. I don't think that should go completely unnoticed.

Secondly to the above poster, yes it's a HUGE issue in bf3 atm. There are people with 3k mav kills, there are people that go 30+ and 0 deaths in games using just the mav from their spawn... it is a HUGE HUGE issue in bf3 that has yet to be patched. In GRFS it doesn't LOOK like you will be able to "bowl" with them, but mounting a grenade launcher on it for MP is going to be really annoying. I don't care about intel because scouts get smg's/snipers and active camo, soldiers get a metal plate vest and the most destructive weapons in the game, while engineers only get shotguns/PDW's and their drones. What I am worried about is that the UAV can see through the active camo and kill anyone in one hit with the explosive without putting the operator in any danger. This will destroy any hope of a balanced MP one life mode. I really think that MP drones should only be able to mark and stun, not kill.

It is always hard in games to get a hit on something that fast, that small, and that high up... it distracts players long enough for teammates to get a free kill while the enemy is looking/spraying into the air. The issue is with a uav capable of killing, you can't NOT shoot at it or stop paying attention to it because it will swoop down and you are dead. Drone intel should be a huge part of this game, but ATM only ar's are capable of mounting underslung airburst EMP nades meaning only 1 weapon set of 1 class has the ability to hit it with an emp, everyone else is at it's mercy in multiplayer and must try to shoot at it. It's like trying to shoot a hummingbird at 20m during a firefight, but the hummingbird has an RPG.

This needs to be looked at fully before the game launches, and hopefully the killer robot wont be in MP. It's going to be the first thing I do in the MP beta, and if I can exploit it in any way I'm going to do so in every game over and over so that people get mad enough for it to be changed before launch. I don't want to be in siege mode and have the attacking team consist of all engineers with 8 rpg drones in the air killing the defending team until they have no more ammo then rushing us with greater numbers.

Elcuco1227
03-16-2012, 10:32 PM
Hence the reason Ubi should have released a true Beta (earlier this year) instead of this demo cloaked as a Beta in April. The DevTeam would have been flooded with this issue and could have fixed it. Now with the cloaked Beta approaching and the game being launched shortly after, it might be to late or a patch would have to made that would only allow a single shot/emp and for a limited time only.

But I guess since regen health (ala every other shooter) is here to stay so is the killer UCav raining down death and points to be gotten.

sameer_monier
03-16-2012, 10:34 PM
First off I would like to applaud the makers of the game, we asked for a video about the drones and seeing them get disabled, and within a week they came out with one for us. I don't think that should go completely unnoticed.

Secondly to the above poster, yes it's a HUGE issue in bf3 atm. There are people with 3k mav kills, there are people that go 30+ and 0 deaths in games using just the mav from their spawn... it is a HUGE HUGE issue in bf3 that has yet to be patched. In GRFS it doesn't LOOK like you will be able to "bowl" with them, but mounting a grenade launcher on it for MP is going to be really annoying. I don't care about intel because scouts get smg's/snipers and active camo, soldiers get a metal plate vest and the most destructive weapons in the game, while engineers only get shotguns/PDW's and their drones. What I am worried about is that the UAV can see through the active camo and kill anyone in one hit with the explosive without putting the operator in any danger. This will destroy any hope of a balanced MP one life mode. I really think that MP drones should only be able to mark and stun, not kill.

It is always hard in games to get a hit on something that fast, that small, and that high up... it distracts players long enough for teammates to get a free kill while the enemy is looking/spraying into the air. The issue is with a uav capable of killing, you can't NOT shoot at it or stop paying attention to it because it will swoop down and you are dead. Drone intel should be a huge part of this game, but ATM only ar's are capable of mounting underslung airburst EMP nades meaning only 1 weapon set of 1 class has the ability to hit it with an emp, everyone else is at it's mercy in multiplayer and must try to shoot at it. It's like trying to shoot a hummingbird at 20m during a firefight, but the hummingbird has an RPG.

This needs to be looked at fully before the game launches, and hopefully the killer robot wont be in MP. It's going to be the first thing I do in the MP beta, and if I can exploit it in any way I'm going to do so in every game over and over so that people get mad enough for it to be changed before launch. I don't want to be in siege mode and have the attacking team consist of all engineers with 8 rpg drones in the air killing the defending team until they have no more ammo then rushing us with greater numbers.

I totally agree, I hope it is unlocked in the beta, cause maybe the will lock it or something, I want to experience how the game will feel like, balanced or broken, I don't mind it in the SP, but in the MP as you already said it may be a problem, it is my first time cause I didn't play BF3 due to it's weak SP, so the whole drone thing is a new thing for me, one that I like in SP, but beginning to have concern about in MP, I hope they discuss it at length with us.

@Ubi_Antoine (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/449072-Ubi_Antoine) : why did you stop answering questions from the SP/MP thread ?!, It was a very cool thing, can you try and get some answers to us ?

Elcuco1227
03-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Ubi-Antoine was asking to many of our questions and they put him in the trunk of car.

Ubi_Antoine
03-16-2012, 11:25 PM
@sameer_monier: I wanna do this, but it's kind of difficult for the moment. :cool: Remember, at the end of January, I told you guys that I was working to make sure that we deliver at least one video per week... As you can see, this engagement is respected.

The thing you wanted the most was game footage / I spend every day creating that for you (Inside Recon, Believe...).

I saw pretty good feedback for this video... except on this forum. And as I know what you expect, I'm not surprised. :)

>> I read all your messages. I'll make sure that we release coop and MP footage asap. The wait won't be long.
>> I will work on videos that will better fit your needs.

Hortey
03-16-2012, 11:47 PM
Is there a way to completely turn off something in unranked matches? Say..... combat variants of the UAV, but not completely taking drones out of MP? In BF3 unranked on pc you can disable frag rounds and MAV's without touching the guns or anything else.

Tyrone1985
03-17-2012, 05:10 AM
Not good
I second that. That was actually horrible

ecma4
03-17-2012, 05:15 AM
>> I read all your messages. I'll make sure that we release coop and MP footage asap. The wait won't be long.

Can we expect anything about the PC version soon? If not, when? Thanks!

odi0n2009
03-17-2012, 09:27 AM
@sameer_monier: I wanna do this, but it's kind of difficult for the moment. :cool: Remember, at the end of January, I told you guys that I was working to make sure that we deliver at least one video per week... As you can see, this engagement is respected.

The thing you wanted the most was game footage / I spend every day creating that for you (Inside Recon, Believe...).

I saw pretty good feedback for this video... except on this forum. And as I know what you expect, I'm not surprised. :)

This is true. You did honor your word Antoine. A video a week. Nuf respect on that my man.

What I am noticing, people on here are cautiously concerned with what seems to be the "over powered gadgetry".
Regarding what you said "work on videos that will better fit" the needs of this hard core ghostrecon forum - with respect sir, can you create a video/videos that shows what counters what?

This will help ease some tension, while at the same time shed light on what you guys have been saying all along "these gadgets are balanced".
By the way... you created all those videos? My brother, you have a talent. Good work!!

Please title your next series (Nothing is over powered - all is countered) then show us - how they are countered.

Kaiskune
03-17-2012, 09:29 AM
I saw pretty good feedback for this video... except on this forum. And as I know what you expect, I'm not surprised.

you talk like having harsh critics is a bad thing.
we are not the masses of brown noses that tell you how good it looks on Facebook even if they don't like what is seen.

but there is still credit where credits due. it looks nice and flashy but the majority are pointing out concerns about the over reliance on drones and technology. as I said earlier the technology you get to play with should be an asset that gives you a little edge over the enemy. it should not be be a crutch that you rely on every step of the way

sameer_monier
03-17-2012, 10:17 AM

Yes, you held your engagement, and provided us with gameplay footage, much respect to that, no one can deny it.

I will be waiting the MP footage, and whatever else you got, and whenever you have time try to ask the devs some of the questions that worries the hardcore fans like the over powered drones and how they will work on MP or the counter measures to the Ghosts tech in the SP, No pressure though :)

Edit: Regarding the Co-Op, will you show SP Co-Op ?!, or the other Co-Op missions ?!, there is a Co-Op mode right ?! (aside from the SP)

Lordcrabfood
03-18-2012, 12:19 AM
Please do not have these drones in multi-player or at least have the option to turn them off

Hortey
03-18-2012, 12:31 AM
Please do not have these drones in multi-player or at least have the option to turn them off

I hope the fact taht people are willing to register for the site, just to tell you that they are worried about the drones is enough for the dev team to take a good hard look at them. No killing robots in mp!