PDA

View Full Version : called ubisoft today and they said beta was delayed & pushed back AGAIN till late apr

smoothjk1983
03-15-2012, 11:40 PM
i called ubisoft today and i was told the beta for consoles had been pushed back again till late april. i give up on this game. i have never seen so many delays and push back of a game and a beta. i mean the game comes out may 22 and they push the beta back till almost may, that not nearly enough time to find out things thats wrong with the game, whats next the game is going to be delayed again. i mean what have u all been doing for the last 6 years for this to keep happening. if i was ubisoft i would clean house and get rid of everyone. NO EXCUSES

suolucidur
03-15-2012, 11:48 PM
First of all, they never promised the beta would come out early or even mid april. Just april. Secondly, it wouldn't be the first time they handed out wrong information over the telephone, I remember someone else who phoned Ubisoft getting told the beta would come out during march. And that was after it was already announced on the forums the beta would be in april. Sorry, but I don't trust anything they say over the telephone.

sameer_monier
03-16-2012, 12:16 AM
First of all, no one here knows, it certainly can happen, but I don't know, SCC owner will get early on the beta, so at least a week ?!, then the rest of the Xbox players and PS3 for another 2 weeks ?!, it will probably take place 15 April or later I think.

2nd thing, this is called Beta, but it isn't, this is more of a MP demo, most of the things won't be tweeked or fixed by launch, a beta is something like Starhawk or Spec Ops The Line where the developer launch the game way early and begin to gather feed back and see how things plays out, GRFS will let you taste how it plays, maybe they will improve certain aspect, but probably after launch (2 weeks or something).

Bassie52
03-16-2012, 12:16 AM
If i was ubisoft?, i'd allready let my dev's work on future soldier 2..

sameer_monier
03-16-2012, 12:37 AM
If i was ubisoft?, i'd allready let my dev's work on future soldier 2..
Not a wise decision, let them release GRFS first, then they need to read every review, no the weakness, check the forums, see what the fans want, what things need to be improved, what to keep, what to change, how the MP holds, how the sales goes on, and at the same time build Yati Engine 2, a new engine to flesh out the next GR better than ever like they are doing with AC3, this process would take a year or something, maybe less if more than one studio is working on it.

Then build GRFS2, build on the foundation of GR1 while adding other stuff like more team commands, this would take another 2 years, so E32014, and a release date of 2015, I for one will be busy in 2013 with R6P and probably with SC6 in 2014, so the best thing is to have a different Clancy title every year.

Bassie52
03-16-2012, 01:34 AM
Wel then the new future soldier wil probably be on the xbox 720 or playstation 4..Seeing what ubi did with vegas and graw, a new fs in a year, isn't that strange..Your totally right about waiting for the people to react on fs 1 though.
I wil be busy with r6 to, but scc is allready 2 years old!!.So i think we wil hear about a new sc sooner than you think..:)

sameer_monier
03-16-2012, 01:43 AM
Wel then the new future soldier wil probably be on the xbox 720 or playstation 4..Seeing what ubi did with vegas and graw, a new fs in a year, isn't that strange..Your totally right about waiting for the people to react on fs 1 though.
I wil be busy with r6 to, but scc is allready 2 years old!!.So i think we wil hear about a new sc sooner than you think..:)
I really hope we hear about SC6 soon, I guess E3 that is.

I don't think they will release FS2 next year, cause they didn't do it with SC, which is a better thing to make a better game, yet on the other hand the expectation are higher when the developers take 3 years of development of a title.

I just hope for GRFS2 they can flesh out a combined form of what we are seeing now, and some old hardcore style with team command or something, to appeal to everyone and not lose their strong hardcore base.

Hortey
03-16-2012, 02:16 AM
This is not a beta, almost all "real" beta testing is done in house nowadays. BETA on xbox 360 is another way of demoing games that are built around MP.

FuchsXSX
03-16-2012, 07:27 AM
Hey Antoine or Mush,

can you confirm this or is the beta still on track (whatever timeframe you had) ?

Thanks

Hortey
03-16-2012, 08:12 AM
Well it's obvious what must be done. Dawn your torches and pitchforks ladies and gentlemen, it's time to riot like it's 1776. Erm...

...where is ubisoft anyway? Nevermind this is too hard, I'll just WAIT FOR IT TO BE READY.

EvilPixieGrrr
03-16-2012, 07:09 PM
We don't have any updates about the beta yet, but an announcement should be coming soon. I know it's frustrating, I'm sorry. We'll be sure you all know when the news comes out. Thanks!

FifaJay
03-16-2012, 09:11 PM
Sc6 "Retribution",wonder if they will change the title again :)

Ubi_Antoine
03-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Hey Antoine or Mush,

can you confirm this or is the beta still on track (whatever timeframe you had) ?

Thanks

Hi,

As you know, I can't unveil information prior to a broad announcement.
However, something is clear: our plans didn't change since 2 months. Keep confident: the beta is coming in April.

Antoine

french.ryan
03-17-2012, 12:32 AM
Yeah the video that they realized said: 'the beta would be available in april' which means they could realize it at any date in april. I also believe that there will be early access for Xbox owners of Splinter Cell Conviction which will be via access from the conviction menu?

smoothjk1983
03-17-2012, 12:35 AM
Hi,

As you know, I can't unveil information prior to a broad announcement.
However, something is clear: our plans didn't change since 2 months. Keep confident: the beta is coming in April.

Antoine

yeah thats code for mid to late april without saying that it was delayed again because we have been told for the longest april 1st at the latest plus last week ubisoft told me it would be end of march and defintly before april.so i would say a bunch of u all are not on the same page. cause everything i have said came stright from ubisoft workers mouths.

Ubi-Mush
03-17-2012, 06:43 PM
Hi guys, information about the beta is coming soon, please be patient :)

french.ryan
03-18-2012, 12:37 AM
Any chance we can know when 'soon' is Ubi-Mush? :3

xoSoul
03-18-2012, 05:44 AM
why do people ***** about it being delayed, first you knew we was getting a beta so of course its going to get delayed..duh and the beta is just an early build that has already has been tested in house, now they wanna make tweaks based on what the consumers say so it can be balance how are you going to criticize or ***** about something or someone whos trying to make the game better, i rather have a polish and good game, than an half *** game

DUBLIN HITMAN
03-18-2012, 06:02 AM
That's true nobody wants a half game but most of the vids we've seen are co-op or single player campaign
si it leaves a lot for hardcore mutilpayer fans to be criticle about
because we haven't seen an awfull lot of mutilpayer footage .
All the other videos have been posted so its just a matter of time til we see multiplayer ones .
As for the beta people are concerned because when it's released in April that leaves a month to tweak or fix the game.
But when we were told a while back that the beta was going to be available in January then the game released in march that was
Cool because they would have had 3 months to fix or tweak the game .
As of now when the beta is released they,ll have a month .
To me when the beta is released and bugs glitches hacks or whatever are found
They won't get that fixed before release.That's why the majority of multiplayer ghost recon fans are concerned about the beta and are. NOw calling the beta a demo

We all want a good mutilpayer but just haven't seen the evidence .

davidbox
03-18-2012, 06:58 AM
Troof ^

Vercun1
03-19-2012, 12:06 AM
I suppose the best assumption here would be that great things take a while but constant delays can get very disheartening. Personally, I see the recent "Believe in Ghosts" series to be an alleviate for the delays but I think the only thing that will sate me now is current MP footage. The beta is...sorta lost on me.

davidbox
03-19-2012, 09:51 AM
I would probably have to agree bit lets hope they male it happen. Maybe we will get lucky an this beta will be released sooner than later in april.