PDA

View Full Version : Believe in Ghosts #2

Ubi_Antoine
03-07-2012, 09:46 PM
http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/03/07/ghost-recon-future-soldier-believe-in-ghosts-video-2 :)

Mest109
03-07-2012, 10:03 PM
OMG i loved the video. I just hope the customization shown at the video is for both SP and MP.

For sure is a first day buy, but antoine i just want to know if there will be any special edition with a steel case for the europe because i saw that signature edition doesnt have a steel case and in the other hand the collectors edition has the steel case, so my question is if there will be any edition in the middle, i mean with a steel case and with a good price.

Bassie52
03-07-2012, 10:05 PM
why am i always smiling when i'm watching these clips for the first time

Kaiskune
03-07-2012, 10:14 PM
would you say thats and FN F2000 at 01:42 or an AUGA3?

that was a intresting video but i think they should have focused on the internals of the weapon instead of spending most of the gun smith visuals cycling the camo. not everyone will bother with the gun camo, i certainly wont

suolucidur
03-07-2012, 10:36 PM
Is it possible it's a TAR-21? I saw this weapon in a gunsmith trailer once.

Kaiskune
03-07-2012, 10:47 PM
I think its the AUGA3 looking at it a bit more that barrel looks too short for the Tar-21 and F-2000 and the stock isnt quite right for the Tar-21

either way it's good to see a decent selection of weapons from around the world. i think i may have seen a PP-2000 on there as well. I tend to avoid American weapons if i can help it

FistyMcBfPunch
03-07-2012, 11:01 PM
THAT WAS SOO SICK!!! Can't wait to pre order it.

XBGCAMEL
03-07-2012, 11:04 PM
Sex wee. Ive said it before and ill say it again this will get GOTY. Looks amazing.

Elcuco1227
03-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the vid Antoine. The intial breaching clip appears to be theatre mode or playback. Is this going to be in the final product? I noticed in the MP loadout selection that there was a level guage. Is this similar to a ranking or XP meter?

sameer_monier
03-07-2012, 11:28 PM
any youtube links ?!, I hate IGN player

SNAPDRAGON1973
03-08-2012, 01:38 AM
Can't wait to play the campaign.

french.ryan
03-08-2012, 05:07 AM
Ok now I'm actually starting to hyperventilate, this looks amazing.

shobhit7777777
03-08-2012, 06:43 AM
any youtube links ?!, I hate IGN player

This ^

I saw the vid....seemed a bit hammy compared to the first one...you guys should ask Mack to tone it down a bit..I can understand him doing it on a discovery show for the housewives and the kids but not to seriosu gamers who actually have an idea.

Gunsmith is awesome. No two ways about it. I like the toned down AR...and the thermal/night vision looks significantly better from the first trailer. That shot of a ghost prone in the grass ambushing a Russian patrol in the woods is the reason why I'm getting GRFS.

I notice some redundant tech...you have sensor for seeing through walls...and you have X-ray...to see through walls..hmmmm.

suolucidur
03-08-2012, 07:37 AM
I notice some redundant tech...you have sensor for seeing through walls...and you have X-ray...to see through walls..hmmmm.

You have a limited number of sensor grenades. Whereas the x-ray scope (which I assume isn't actually x-ray, because x-ray doesn't work that way) can always be used but has a limited range.

Here's the video on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2t5FPEbEJ9w

l NiS l
03-08-2012, 09:37 AM
the video make me smile again =)

JaRuTo
03-08-2012, 01:52 PM
What happened to the exoskeleton attached to the legs of ghosts? It's still be there this technology?

http://www.gamingtruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/GRFS_51.jpg

Bassie52
03-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Hell no, terminator is gone...

JaRuTo
03-08-2012, 02:45 PM
So how i could believe that ghosts have their guns which weights a lot jackets and their suits and can run as fast as new trailer and "Inside Recon Cover" shows.
More, over runing from cover to cover they can run so fast that is nearly impossible with the weight and weapons they have.
Next bull**** is breach the door closed with kick from such a close range? How i can take those things seriously even without prototype exoskeleton?

XBGCAMEL
03-08-2012, 04:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwNlas4F3ao

here you go folks

Bassie52
03-08-2012, 05:00 PM
@jaruto..i once kicked a wooden door in, from that range.. you let yourself fall forward and use youre weight to kick it open..
and i hope you realise that youre watching the video of a computer game..
You can always find something that's not realistic in any shooter out there..this is not a simulator, but it's closer to one, then cod or those other shooters..
The game has to be fun..people arn't going to buy a game were the soldiers run around like kung fu panda....
You have to find the balance between realism and fun gameplay...and i personally like the fact that i can conviction my a$$ threw the camps..

suolucidur
03-08-2012, 05:08 PM
It really also depends on the type of door you are kicking in. In the Netherlands (and I believe most of western Europe) we use relatively heavy doors, with a lock and usually two deadbolts on outer doors. In the United States they already use lighter doors (I think, not completely sure). But the Ghosts are operating in (no disrespect) poorer countries, where you will have lighter, less secure doors. And the way they are kicking in the door in the video is a method they actually use in the Navy SEALs (as seen in one Future Weapons episode). It has the benefit of the person who is kicking in the door being out of the way, so the breaching team can immediatly storm in. The video does however place Kozak at the wrong side of the door. Unless the door is already open, the person who kicks open the door wants to be on the side opposite of the hinges. And of course, you won't get wood and splinters flying around like in the video, but eh. Stuff like that should be taken with a grain of salt.

Also, about the load, in GRAW2 you could take a similar amount of weapons with you, and I don't think you were much slower there (when sprinting). Like Bassie said. Gameplay vs realism.

shobhit7777777
03-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Why the hell are the Ghosts not packing breaching charges....I mean they are carrying two long weapons with ammo but not a single Ghost is equipped with charges? especially when they expect FIBUA and Hostage-rescuing?

suolucidur
03-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Don't know. But I could think of a number of possible reasons:
- Kicking a door doesn't make nearly as much noise as blowing it to pieces.
- Most of the breaching we see takes place at wooden houses, which hardly warrants breaching charges as you can just blow the wall away with a decent shotgun.
- How many breaching charges should they take with them? These things can be quite large afaik, so it'd be weird if you could carry more than two charges per person.

Maybe someone with more knowledge (I am looking at Dan :-P) could give some insights on how it goes in real life.

shobhit7777777
03-08-2012, 09:33 PM
Don't know. But I could think of a number of possible reasons:
- Kicking a door doesn't make nearly as much noise as blowing it to pieces.
- Most of the breaching we see takes place at wooden houses, which hardly warrants breaching charges as you can just blow the wall away with a decent shotgun.
- How many breaching charges should they take with them? These things can be quite large afaik, so it'd be weird if you could carry more than two charges per person.

Maybe someone with more knowledge (I am looking at Dan :-P) could give some insights on how it goes in real life.

1. Inconsequential. If you're kicking down doors then rest assured you're more concerned with speed and surprise than stealth
2. We've seen two instances. Wooden doors are heavy. Breaching charges would also incapacitate the people behind the door. Why take a chance with a shotty when you have det-cord?
3. If you're going into an urban area...with Hostage rescue in mind..you **** well pack explosive ordnance. Spec Ops troopers would always carry it. These things can be large but usually they aren't and if a larger one is required the Demolitions guy is more than capable of cooking up a larger device

If I am going into built up environment with HRT and CQC in mind..I'd be carrying a charge. Flashbangs would be welcome as well :)

Learn 2 Die 101
03-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Mack is the man, just saying.

NightGhost1994
03-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Mack is the man, just saying.
I agree. Great job Ubi

Bassie52
03-09-2012, 10:31 PM
if you watched the future weapons series you would agree with us..mack is the man, yep..
He know's like other SEALs, something that we wil never know..and the way he tells the story is just pure emotion..these guy's dedicate there lives to this and even ex SEALs are waiting for a change to get back in the game every day..

Learn 2 Die 101
03-09-2012, 10:32 PM
if you watched the future weapons series you would agree with us..mack is the man, yep..
He know's like other SEALs, something that we wil never know..and the way he tells the story is just pure emotion..these guy's dedicate there lives to this and even ex SEALs are waiting for a change to get back in the game every day..

He was also on Deadliest Warrior.

JaRuTo
03-10-2012, 05:21 PM
http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/03/07/ghost-recon-future-soldier-believe-in-ghosts-video-2 http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120113.419/images/smilies/smile.png

Mr. Antoine, i want to talk about problem about your marketing, more preciselly promotion your new Ghost Recon by trailers. I want to start from the point that selling your product using that way results that you get less customers that you want to, and if you want a good selling result, please, listen what i want to say.

You are showing the technolgy, the cooperation of soldiers in way that people who are watching get the idea that ghosts are invinsible, and gameplay may be not worthy, fully linear not making any challenges. Why I know it? I reading the comments on various popular sites where you're trailers are postred and how you're games looks in the eyes of others gamers - i say, it's weak. Problem lies there when not everyone reading the interview's and if he see that presentation hes not convinced enough how many latent potential yours new Ghost Recon trully have. What Shold you do to make things better?

Show the technology which ghosts are using that everyone of gadgets have their pros and cons. Means if you're using optic camouflage, he's got weak points where you get close to the bunch of guards they see you automaticallyn or when u toss a grenade and don't hide behind cover you're get hit fast cause grenade when explodes throws sharp fragments in all directions which can kill people with oncover even whole his body which stands in 30 meter radius or more. Intel grenades are for marking soldiers only to separate them from civilians, cause killing 3-4 reverts you to the last checkpoint. We fans know that kind of things, but casual players may not, and im sure they don't know it, cause you're trailers don't show this kind of things properly.
Show them also various tactical movements at the same level so they'll know, that you can play with tactician all possible ways in the same place, cause levels are quite large, and they can give you more freedom and creativity than other fps games which are getiing released from years, and they don't giving us them. And at the end convince other people through presentations that even when ghosts have all of their gadgets enemies still have advantage and they can stand a challenge.

I hope you can get those opinions from ghost recon fans to hearts and I wish you best cause you try to listen the words of criticism sometimes from fans and cause you want to get good opinion from us, afterall.

Greetings.

Elcuco1227
03-10-2012, 09:40 PM
You make some good points but I think we always tend to focus on one person Antoine ( I am guilty of this aswell). Antoine is a info gatekeeper. Lately he has a done a good job of releasing vids and such. But intially it was like pulling teeth. We would ask and ask and get nothing. Antoine may be very well voicing our concerns to the Dev Team, poject designers but I think others may drop the ball and fail Antoine. Now he can't come back and talk ill of fellow employers or he will no longer be employed.

The question is how does someone (in his position) relays concerns of the consumer bas to the Dev Team to correct or inform their decisions for example the use of COD's regen health. I can understand that giving a player a chance to redeem themselves from a mistake but I'll hide behind this trash can and be all better isn't exactly promoting this. Tactics is what is at the core of GR is being abit sidestepped. I get hurt, I hide, I shoot back, Kill for me. Where as before (w/ no regen ) Imake a mistake, I get killed (bc of no chance of hding behind a trashcan) I rethink my approach, my tactics, and use smoke, move my guys arounds, flank whatever is needed to win objective.

It is those tactics I think that has been side stepped. I can deploy all the gadets at my disposal and yes If I know ahead of time where they are I can change on a fly but the previous versions was a trial by error. And that is something that is lost. It was you wits not how fast you can shoot is what allowed you to win the situation. Ubi is trying to blend tactics with high paced gunfights. That is where most of the community is scratching their heads. if you (the game) does all the work what is there for me to do other than pull the trigger. Especially when the majority of times it is 4 emenies and on the occasion there is a 5th.

imjustpassing
03-11-2012, 06:20 AM
why am i always smiling when i'm watching these clips for the first time

Because you are 8 years old, you love easy games and legal cheats, and ''owning'' a bunch of AIs specifically scripted to act dumb makes you forget that you suck at school ???

suolucidur
03-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Because you are 8 years old, you love easy games and legal cheats, and ''owning'' a bunch of AIs specifically scripted to act dumb makes you forget that you suck at school ???

Does this make you feel good about yourself? Insulting people on the internet? If you don't have anything useful to contribute, just keep quiet.

Bassie52
03-11-2012, 03:03 PM
You talk like that and call me 8 years old?..I've read some of your threads before and i have to say that i feel sorry for you..I hope plastic surgery can fix your problem..

Vyper82
03-11-2012, 03:08 PM

How can you say the game is easy with poor Ai when you/we have not even played it yet? For all we know with or without the gadgets, the game may be rock hard!!! I'll find out on the 25th May...

FifaJay
03-11-2012, 03:22 PM
I hope this AI is hard as nails,Im up for intense battle's.But if the AI is anything similar to Scc,then Ill just stick to co-op with my mates,nothing worse than waiting on a hyped up game and having very poor AI.And if it is poor maybe its asking too much to have a patch to intensify them in the future?Will have to wait & see.

suolucidur
03-11-2012, 03:44 PM
I think it's a safe bet to say that the AI will be tougher than SCC. From the gameplay videos I've seen so far, it is very possible to get downed in firefights.

I also hope it will be a tough AI, if the AI is programmed to properly use suppressive fire while flanking you, it could make for some very fun fights I think. Especially if you cannot regenerate health while suppressed. Here's for hoping.

Kaiskune
03-11-2012, 03:51 PM
How can you say the game is easy with poor Ai when you/we have not even played it yet? For all we know with or without the gadgets, the game may be rock hard!!! I'll find out on the 25th May...

just through observation you get a feel for how reactive the AI is. look at the older videos for the campaign play. in the first believe in ghosts vid the player parks the Drone on a Persian rug less than 2meters away from 4+ AI hostiles and NONE OF THEM REACT in any way.

on the vid where the ghosts are fighting in a church the player used the hyperdrive dash and races past 3 hostiles that are meant to be the cream of the Russian Spec forces and none of them even register the player has even moved. that's not good programing that just plain sloppy

Bassie52
03-11-2012, 03:52 PM
really?, you don't regenerate when supressed?.

suolucidur
03-11-2012, 03:53 PM
​really?, you can't regenerate when supressed?..nice

No, I hope it's that way. Don't know if it will be.

Vyper82
03-11-2012, 05:58 PM
just through observation you get a feel for how reactive the AI is. look at the older videos for the campaign play. in the first believe in ghosts vid the player parks the Drone on a Persian rug less than 2meters away from 4+ AI hostiles and NONE OF THEM REACT in any way.

on the vid where the ghosts are fighting in a church the player used the hyperdrive dash and races past 3 hostiles that are meant to be the cream of the Russian Spec forces and none of them even register the player has even moved. that's not good programing that just plain sloppy

We don't know what difficulty level the dev's were playing on during the videos, for all we know and the most likely is that they have it on easy.

They make the videos to demonstrate a portion of the game, what's the point of having it on hard and us watching a video of them stuck/dieing every 10 seconds/not moving for 5 minutes!!! It wouldn't show us anything...

Kaiskune
03-11-2012, 06:23 PM
We don't know what difficulty level the dev's were playing on during the videos, for all we know and the most likely is that they have it on easy.

They make the videos to demonstrate a portion of the game, what's the point of having it on hard and us watching a video of them stuck/dieing every 10 seconds/not moving for 5 minutes!!! It wouldn't show us anything...

a demonstration of how difficult the game is would give an indication that its actually worth playing for the challenge... the ubisoft devs claim how much the game will make you think for yourself yet everything they show gives the impression augmented reality does all the work for you. and quite frankly if the Ai cannot notice a blurry box sat on the rug beside him/her even on the easiest difficulty there is something seriously wrong with the programing

the last few Tom Clancy games the have been incredibly easy even on the hardest difficulty. for all we know that IS the hardest difficulty.