PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 controller support

timberwolf3000
03-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Well i was so looking forward to ghost recon online, Till i notice that you can't play with control pad. Not going to continue playing the game with ****ty WASD shift to run, It's awkward. XBOX 360 CONTROLLER SUPPORT IS NEEDED PLEASE. a.s.a.p.

DavidRuiz2012
03-07-2012, 08:57 PM
I disagree and I would assume you have played games without any kind of game pad before. I play SKYRIM and a few others over these past 20 some odd years no problem using the keyboard also in some respect i feel it gives me the edge when playing online. IT MIGHT BE AWKWARD TO YOU BUT ALSO MIGHT BE SMOOTH AND COMFORTABLE TO OTHERS

XBOX 360 CONTROLLER SUPPORT IS NOT NEEDED PLEASE

timberwolf3000
03-07-2012, 09:39 PM
Why does it bother you that i want to play with a control pad, You can carry on with keyboard, I don't care what you use. Very ridiculous comment from someone your age.

Hman04
03-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Yea, if someone wants to use it I have no problems with it. And for the record, yes mouse is way better to aim with but controller does allow for more natural movement. They each have their perks. I would never use my pad for this game, but if people want to they should be allowed to. I'll vote for it's implementation. :cool:

ukdarkfox
03-08-2012, 03:55 AM
i used a mapping program as i play all games all formats and some i use a xbox 360 pad within 5 mins of using my controller on GRO i went back to mouse this game is so made for k/b mouse and is not a console game sadly but you can always wait for future solder as i think this will support a game pad but since this is not a sad console port with rubbish mouse lag why use a pad its so smooth on a mouse and with the hold or toggle option makes it dream to play

Hman04
03-08-2012, 04:26 AM
I just saw another thread that said they won't be getting game pad support. Sorry guys.

Twinfun2
03-09-2012, 09:33 AM
Well I'm sure, if you want to use the game pad badly enough, you can just map your game pad to keys on the keyboard.

BreadPrincess
03-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Plug in your 360 controller before you start the game. Its undocumented and unsupported at this time but should work well.

Haderach
03-09-2012, 09:39 PM
There are ways use controller bro.First off you need program called Xpad then you can map keyboard settings on xbox 360 controller. The all you do is game and have fun :P Hope this helps. Frag you later

DavidRuiz2012
03-09-2012, 10:07 PM
I' am not going to chat it up with you on this one, cause i don't believe you even know what you wrote. Don't make attacks lil dude you expressing yourself like a snot nosed little kid.

I agree with what you said HMAN04 however you mentioned with the game pad you get better natural movement I don't agree with this.

A better question is when the Kinect drivers gonna be available for GRO?

spikevamp84
03-09-2012, 10:18 PM
If there's someone using a gamepad on a server I'm on, I'd be praying they were on the opposite team, easy kills :p

mfryers50
03-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Gro should support gamepad too as we all play different that's what is good about pc how different we all play . I for one would prefer gamepad but still will get this game , I agree mouse is faster for aiming but pad is better for movement ( for me ) so come on ubisoft. Let all players have the choice between game pad and mouse and keyboard .

anfieldhero
03-14-2012, 08:33 PM
i think this is fine, give ppl the support they want. but you have to realize there really is no competition for a keyboard and mouse. i am primarily an xbox player so i love gamepads and i am very comfortable with them, but using one in a pc shoter would only lead to frustration and poor performance.

ANTIHERO01
03-16-2012, 03:03 AM
See the point of a game is that it IS a game and that people should be able to play it together . Why would it matter what or how someone plays the game as long as they aren't cheating ? I have no idea why someone would want to segregate games by deciding what they can or can't play with . If you wanted to use a controller and I wanted to play with the keyboard , why should I care what you use as long as I have someone to play with . Why do you care if he or anyone else uses a controller ? Why does it matter to you at all ? Maybe you couldn't afford an Xbox or he couldn't afford a decent laptop or PC ? Point is it's a FREE online game . Just play the **** game .

Creepermoss
03-16-2012, 03:18 AM
See the point of a game is that it IS a game and that people should be able to play it together . Why would it matter what or how someone plays the game as long as they aren't cheating ? I have no idea why someone would want to segregate games by deciding what they can or can't play with . If you wanted to use a controller and I wanted to play with the keyboard , why should I care what you use as long as I have someone to play with . Why do you care if he or anyone else uses a controller ? Why does it matter to you at all ? Maybe you couldn't afford an Xbox or he couldn't afford a decent laptop or PC ? Point is it's a FREE online game . Just play the **** game .

Why would the devs slow down the development process for something like 2% of the playerbase will ever use? When there is free software available (xpadder, for one) that will allow you to configure your gamepad to act as a mouse and keyboard, the dev's shouldn't spend time on something trivial (yes, it IS trivial, considering the low numbers of folks that actually use gamepads online), when they could be fixing bugs that affect everyone instead.

rhyz6
08-20-2012, 03:30 AM
Why would the devs slow down the development process for something like 2% of the playerbase will ever use? When there is free software available (xpadder, for one) that will allow you to configure your gamepad to act as a mouse and keyboard, the dev's shouldn't spend time on something trivial (yes, it IS trivial, considering the low numbers of folks that actually use gamepads online), when they could be fixing bugs that affect everyone instead.

And people wonder why there is such a small percentage of games that go to PC that aren't some budget mainstream crap, if they just added controller support to all games i reckon alot more people would play pc games.
In turn game devs would start to see PC as a more profitable platform and thus more games would come to PC.

But because they don't add this support most of the time, most people probably don't see it as a good platform to play on, which is ridiculous as it is the best platform really!!

This is just my theory but it makes sense really (For me anyway LOL).... For someone that plays solely PC games with K/B and mouse i apologize if this has offended you but you gotta see it from this point of view too as a lot of people i know share this view...

Just ask someone who only plays consoles wether they would play PC games more if they all used Xbox controller support? Wonder how many would agree with me & how many people would even know that you could use an xbox controller.... LOL

Note: K/B & Mouse is brilliant don't get me wrong, but its not appealing at all to a lot of the gaming community switching from xbox to pc (me included).:nonchalance: