PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow 6 Patriots Characters

sameer_monier
02-22-2012, 10:03 AM
I think this is a disorder with every FPS, the disorder is Silent Character, they got nothing special to them, they are just there to shoot enemies, they don't contribute whatsoever to the story, especially the main character, moving around, not responding when someone talks to him, when someone asks him, he still doesn't answer, the whole story to me turns into mono-layer story, the Devs want immersion, but that breaks the immersion for me, I want the Main Character I am controlling to talk, to respond, to re-act, to have opinions, I want him to develop as a character

I hope in R6P the Main Character won't be the silent kind, I am actually making this thread for the Devs to read, make a true character who responds to what's going around him, instead of having no effect other than shooting people, that way you can really present a story, and don't worry some games did it before, Resistance series, Kill Zone series, even COD:Black Ops did it, so you should definitely make it

mateus99
02-22-2012, 09:59 PM
yes i agree. i think that the main character in the game should talk and share his opinions maybe we could even hear his thoughts. although im pretty sure that the games main characters will have a personality and be more "alive".
there are some games though (halfl-life) where the characters dont need to talk for you to immerse yourself in the story

sameer_monier
02-22-2012, 10:57 PM
totally agree, I didn't play half life, but the FPS I played without a talking character felt like a diluted experience, that's why I stick more to the TPS, but I really love the scope of the story in Patriots, so I want the character to be alive, and evolve through the campaign

Dieinthedark
02-23-2012, 12:00 AM
Yep, this is a must. The characters in RB6V1/2 were quite sad really. I think personally that if they could play on the whole concept of doubts and say hey you made that choice and maybe it was hard for you as a player but also have the character doubting what actions they took...could be interesting.

sameer_monier
02-23-2012, 12:48 AM
Yep, this is a must. The characters in RB6V1/2 were quite sad really. I think personally that if they could play on the whole concept of doubts and say hey you made that choice and maybe it was hard for you as a player but also have the character doubting what actions they took...could be interesting.
exactly in the target footage, you hear the guys saying "what have you done!", I want them to have their own opinion, to disagree, maybe go as far as to refuse hearing my orders in one mission, a dynamic relationship between the main character and the 2 characters following him

Dieinthedark
02-23-2012, 03:54 AM
exactly in the target footage, you hear the guys saying "what have you done!", I want them to have their own opinion, to disagree, maybe go as far as to refuse hearing my orders in one mission, a dynamic relationship between the main character and the 2 characters following him

Oh man, that would be deep. You order your men to shoot a target, they don't trust your judgement, you know best, (or do you) bad press, RB6 exposed......oh the possibilities!

sameer_monier
02-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Oh man, that would be deep. You order your men to shoot a target, they don't trust your judgement, you know best, (or do you) bad press, RB6 exposed......oh the possibilities!
Actually Binary Domain got a similar system, but I see it in R6P alot better, it won't be like Binary Domain about your relationship with other characters, it would be about your actions, if you mess up one time and kill a hostage or something, or sacrifice alot of people, your teammates become unsure if you are fit for leadership anymore, and imagine in some situation they act on their own benefit, trying to do what they think is right (remember the movie S.W.A.T the bank scene ?!)