PDA

View Full Version : nVidia Ispector - know anything about it?

Blowtanks
02-20-2012, 05:44 PM
I downloaded this thing and have it up and running.
It does not however have a profile for SH4. Has one for SHIII but not 4.
What setup would you (I) use for SH4?

thanks...

tambor198
02-20-2012, 05:58 PM
I downloaded this thing and have it up and running.
It does not however have a profile for SH4. Has one for SHIII but not 4.
What setup would you (I) use for SH4?

thanks...

If you're running stock it's very grainy anyway, most supermods like TMO have an env mod that corrects this or just load one of the env. mods like Real Env.

As far as video settings you can check the thread here at subsim about settings.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...128517&page=26 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128517&page=26)

These are the settings most use with nHancer or you can go to your advanced video settings and set them there. Some may not be available if you don't
use a tool like nHancer or nvidia inspector to access them. I don't know if nHancer has an updated version for the latest drivers, so I've been using nvidia
inspector.

- Enhancements page:
check MultiSampling 4x
check Super- Transparency AA
check AF 16x or 8x
check Vertical Sync Applicaion,

- Optimizations page:
check Texture filtering High Quality
check Tril. opt. Off
check Aniso sample opt. Off
check Neg LOd Bias ****p
leave all the others settings unchanged

- Compatibility page:
choose AA Compatibility 20000000: EA Strategy Games

The above was posted by MWolfe in another thread, hope they help you out. :)

Blowtanks
02-20-2012, 07:06 PM
Thanks Tambor 198.
I will give MWolfe's setting a try.:cool:

Blowtanks
02-20-2012, 07:23 PM
MWolfe's settings are for nHancer, not nVidia Inspector.
I am looking for something used by nVidia Inspector.
Thanks anyway.

tambor198
02-20-2012, 07:28 PM
My mistake. Sorry. :o

LouLewis1967
02-21-2012, 03:44 PM
Inspector is new, nhancer was the older tweak program. I have used nhancer but not Inspector although I hear they do roughly the same thing. I also have the Nvidia Control Panel on my system, which seems to be installed when you install new drivers from nvidia's site. Control Panel lets you set up profiles for different programs, using the same basic settings than nhancer uses.

When I installed TMO 2.5, my graphics suddenly looked horrible. Dark areas in the sub became completely black, without any detail. I had to really work with the game settings for gamma and fog/post process effects to get it somewhat useable. Raising the gamma so I could see everything inside made the outside world really bright and washed out. I finally got a balance figured out, but it was a compromise, and not as good as I would like it. Anybody else have a similar problem?

WernherVonTrapp
02-21-2012, 08:06 PM
One thing that I cannot seem to reconcile is that, Nhancer is made by Nvidia for Nvidia. Nvidia Inspector, as far as I can tell, is made by an independent party. If I can tweak the settings manually in Nhancer (and I can), why do I need Inspector?http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b456/archangel501/Smileys/94bcf349.gif It would only be another program taking up space on my PC. What does it do that is better than Nhancer?http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b456/archangel501/Smileys/5d918f15.gif

Blowtanks
02-21-2012, 10:00 PM
As far as I have been able to tell nHancer is not applicable beyond Driver "Whatever" which nVidia is way beyond.
Most people that I have heard, via the internet, think nVidia is better because it is more up to date as far as drivers go.
The surprising thing about it is how little most people know about it...how it works that is.:(

MWolfe1963
02-21-2012, 10:28 PM
All the same settings with the famous nHancer profile for SH4 just use the same numbers for inspector. Inspector does have or access some driver functions that nHancer doesn't, but some only work with certain games that take advantage of it. Try using the nHancer settings above with Inspector, I got the same results as I did with nHancer.

WernherVonTrapp
02-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Well, as far as I've read, Inspector is an GPU overclocker. I don't think you can do that with Nhancer, but then again, I don't need, not with my card. Anyway, I've always read that it's OK to overclock, but that you'd better know what you're doing or else your graphics card will be playing Half-Life for real.

Post Script: What the hell is going on with this forum?! This isn't the first time that words appear double typed when I didn't double-type them in the first place. Then, when I go to edit the double-typed word, it's only typed once. I hit "Save" and it shows up double-typed again.

MWolfe1963
02-21-2012, 11:18 PM
Well, as far as I've read, Inspector is an GPU overclocker. I don't think you can do that with Nhancer, but then again, I don't need, not with my card. Anyway, I've always read that it's OK to overclock, but that you'd better know what you're doing or else your graphics card will be playing Half-Life for real.

Post Script: What the hell is going on with this forum?! This isn't the first time that words appear double typed when I didn't double-type them in the first place. Then, when I go to edit the double-typed word, it's only typed once. I hit "Save" and it shows up double-typed again.

It does contain an overclocker , but a driver tweaking tool like nHancer as well.

Blowtanks
02-22-2012, 01:21 AM
Thank you gentlemen.
I shall try the settings you have provided MWolfe and see how that goes.

Wern,
I can't seem to figure this forum out for nothing.
At times it makes no sense at at.