PDA

View Full Version : question about rocksmith and my guitar

bigbbubba
02-11-2012, 07:18 PM
Hello, I have an epiphone s-310/b and i was trying to playwell i was trying to play it last night and the game wouldn't pick up my guitar, like something was wrong with the wiring in the guitar in some way,well the guitar wasn't working through the game. i plugged it up to my amp and it works fine. i was thinking maybe you could help me diagnose my problem or something. thanks for the time!

MrKev1n
02-11-2012, 07:31 PM
Make sure the volume on your guitar is turned up, check the break away section in the RockSmith cable and try differant pickup selections on your guitar. You may also just have a bad/damaged cable. Apparently they get damaged very easily and sometimes are bad from the factory.

bigbbubba
02-11-2012, 07:35 PM
well, i did the volume check, i had a friend over, i used his cable as well so i tried 2 different cables so that wasnt the problem. and i also did the different pick up selections.

MrKev1n
02-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Did his guitar work with both cables and your guitar didn't work on both cables? If so, it may be that the cable isn't fully seated in your guitar input jack (or loosely seated).

What exactly happens when you plug it in? No sound at all or missing notes? Did you run the in-game tuner?

Marauder359
02-11-2012, 08:22 PM
How far are your pick-ups from the strings?

crispyfunk
02-11-2012, 09:30 PM
Make sure you check the break away to see if it is solid i had the same problem and my breakaway looked like it was all the way in but when i looked closer the breakaway was just a little bit pulled out of the socket

good luck

bigbbubba
02-11-2012, 09:36 PM
well, both cables worked on his and neither on mine. and the pickups arent far from the strings, i dont know how to describe it or anything sorry. and i couldnt run the in game tuner, it was picking up no sound from the guitar at all.

rcole_sooner
02-11-2012, 09:47 PM
If you can hear your guitar through your amp, your guitar is fine. If the cables work with your buddies gutiar, then the cables are fine. Both can be true.

Sometimes the plugs are not all the same length.

See if the plug on your guitar cable is shorter/longer than the plug on the RS cable.

If they are different, then you can pull the jack on your guitar (only a few screws). Plug both cables in, and see if you can see where there might be a problem.

If you can post some pics, I can try to help you with it.

fatherrock
02-12-2012, 01:42 AM
I blame ghosts in the machine.

Rather odd problem, hope you can nail it down and get back to playing.

Rock On !