PDA

View Full Version : Guess who's back. I'm hearing a Whisper

Whisperer
02-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Hey there all.
It's been some time since i've managed to find my game again. Been doing a lot of re-moddeling in the house and in the proces lost track of several games i realy liked to play. But hey, good news all around,... i've got my boat back! It's also been to llong since i've been here on the forums as well and have to do a lot of reading and catching up again to get everything organised and working agian.

Yep,.. that's right, i'm not just here to make all of you happy with my pretty looks, but need a bit of a hand again to get everything running again the way it used to. I've installed my game again and updated it and am now strugling with those dreaded Nvidia settings again. I've gotten my selve a new computer two months ago and now that i've found my game back i realy expected my game to look even more awesome than it already did before. Unfortunatly this is not the case and no matter what i try to do, i can't find the way to set my settings in Nvidia to prevent my game from looking gritty. So i'm realy hoping there's someone out there with a proper setting for the graphick that could post the settings so i can set mine the same way again and have a smooth look upon my game.

Having fired my most important question and issue in to the group,.... what the hell happened to the forum. Where did our unique SH look go???:eek:

tambor198
02-11-2012, 07:13 PM
Welcome back, Whisperer, long time no see. As for the forums, Ubisoft dropped the Eve software and went with vBullitin for the new forums. Nowadays, we just get eyestrain. ;)

MWolfe1963
02-11-2012, 08:46 PM
If you're running stock it's very grainy anyway, most supermods like TMO have an env mod that corrects this or just load one of the env. mods like Real Env.

As far as video settings you can check the thread here at subsim about settings.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128517&page=26

These are the settings most use with nHancer or you can go to your advanced video settings and set them there. Some may not be available if you don't
use a tool like nHancer or nvidia inspector to access them. I don't know if nHancer has an updated version for the latest drivers, so I've been using nvidia
inspector.

- Enhancements page:
check MultiSampling 4x
check Super- Transparency AA
check AF 16x or 8x
check Vertical Sync Applicaion,

- Optimizations page:
check Texture filtering High Quality
check Tril. opt. Off
check Aniso sample opt. Off
check Neg LOd Bias ****p
leave all the others settings unchanged

- Compatibility page:
choose AA Compatibility 20000000: EA Strategy Games

Whisperer
02-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Hey, Tambor!
Thanks for the welcome! Yea,.. it's good to be back, though i have to say the forum will take some getting used to. Guess that's the price of having been away for a while.

MWolfe, Thanks for the info on the settings. Ive been looking in to those and it seems that you might indeed have a point regarding the enviromental mods. I remember having played this game for a long time with just stock and 1.4 patch. By the time i went to U-boat missions i was also running some mods, but darn me if i could remmeber what those where. Hahaha, better yet,.. i'll have to figure out this forum again first becouse darn me if i could find anything here now! :P

Some things change and some things don't,... The forum changed but the enjoyment for playing my good old game still remains. Think i'll also have to dive in posts way back becouse i remember someone once posted a screeny of their n-vidia settings, though with my new computer and vidio card it also seems that the nvidia version that it's using now has a slightly different setup. Should not be to much of a bproblem, but than i'm very easily confused so it's an issue to say the least.

Well,... gona hit the bed for now but will check back in here later on tomorrow. Hope so see if there's still more of the old folks around.

andypandy1996
02-12-2012, 02:14 AM
Welcome back! :D

Granted I don't know you yet, but welcome back!

tambor198
02-12-2012, 02:25 AM
Hey MWolfe, what version of the nHancer are you using.

cgkstealth
02-12-2012, 03:46 AM
Well welcome back Whisperer! Like Andy I'm afraid I don't actually know you but welcome back nonetheless! :cool:

Yooperbacker
02-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Welcome back Whisperer,

For those that don't know Whisperer, he is the one that put together a tutorial for making missions for SH4.

Whisperer
02-12-2012, 02:14 PM
Thanks, Yooperbacker.

Yep,... amongst other things that's one of the things that i'm to blame for. Gona have to pick up the more advanced manual again sometime and create a new thread for that one (or add it to the existing one). Hahaha, so many things to do and so little time to do them. First off i'll be running a couple of missions and get my mods sorted again. Than need to start rea**** up on some posts of mine to pick up where i left off, and than it's time for a Mission editor II! :P

Well,. there's one pressing matter to attend to first and fore most and that get back to the Sky Walker and pour my selve a cold one!

Celeon999
02-12-2012, 08:18 PM
Whisperer, please check your inbox. you've got a PM from me :)

MWolfe1963
02-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Hey MWolfe, what version of the nHancer are you using.

I use nvidia inspector now. The last time they updated drivers nHancer didn't update at that time, but that was long ago, I would suspect they have updated nHancer for the latest drivers by now, but
I'm use to inspector now.

Blowtanks
02-13-2012, 02:03 AM
MWolfe,
I downloaded that nvidia inspector and was looking around. I see a profile for Silent Hunter III but not for IV.
What profile do you use for SH4?

Thanks...