PDA

View Full Version : Can't log in! // " this user is already logged in " - anno 2070

XeliumXx
02-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Alright so I would really like to know how long my inactive connection to UPLAY is going to up for.

I ALT-F4'd the game during an online session with a friend as we were saving and leaving.

Ever since then, I can't log into the game, it says "This user is already logged in" It's been like this well over 12 hours now, pretty ridiculous.

Right now the only way I can play ANNO 2070 is to DISCONNECT my internet, open the launcher, LOGOUT, Click OFFLINE MODE, And go into the game that way. If my internet is connected I can't get past the main login screen, even if I choose offline mode. The internet HAS to be disconnected.. To play a game, that I've bought.

UBISOFT ... You are diminishing your customer base with your pathetic DRM. It does NOT stop :mad:piracy:mad:, at all. Anno 2070 was up in the torrents before it was released. That's how good your DRM is.

Claudius5
02-03-2012, 07:28 PM
I am having the same problem .. cant login and cant play offline, I will attempt the process you tried.Thanks.

I see posts on this issue all over the google going back to November of last year, That it has not been rectified since then?? and yet Ubisoft babbles on about all kinds of other new stuff IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE UBISOFT. Can't play because of this practically = Theft. Fix it *******s! And better yet TEST your ****ing systems before releasing the game. This is a pretty **** obvious defect!!

Last Ubisoft game I buy for sure.

Devilz85
02-03-2012, 07:37 PM
I haven't been able to play all day, pretty annoying since I bought a legal copy of the game yet I can't play it. Now I have to wait for them to respond to my ticket and log me out which probably isn't going to happen in a couple of hours...

Nice work :-\

ctinlegs
02-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Just got off the phone with Ubisoft technical support and they said that one of the servers was shutdown last night for maintenance but others stayed on. The representative continued by saying this might be the problem which they are currently working on and it SHOULD be fixed soon.

Ubisot Tech Support: 919-460-9778

phanku
02-03-2012, 10:06 PM
*rubs his eyes*
I know this probably isn't the place to really rant but sorry guys it is going to happen.
I was burned once by Ubisoft in a situation involving wanting to move save game data from one ps3 to another because one is failing. I was told that for some reason, still don't know why, Ubisoft felt the need to bind the saved game data to the console that created the data.

So finally, after at least two years of me not buying a Ubisoft game, because of the last situation, I see this game that peeks my interest until I see it is by Ubisoft.
I think to my self.. its been two years they probably have changed for the better by now.
... Think again.

I bought the game. Played it for many days happily with no problem.
Then last night I was playing and got distracted by a movie.
I paused the game and just let it sit there. After about an hour I noticed it said it had disconnected. Didn't think anything about it.
I have not been able to play the game sense.

"This user is already logged in." is the report the dialog on my screen gives me. "I doubt it, as I don't think any one else could play my account right now." is my thought.

For the love of god. If you are going to force the people who actually want to support you to use some form of DRM than at least have it ready to go.

This is a big bug. I had to go out of my way to post a ticket for a problem that shouldn't exists in this type of system. A type of system that REQUIRES you to be logged in.

*face palm*

Just fix it.

tigerstew
02-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Yeah, I opened a support ticket this morning when I couldn't log in either. Haven't heard back yet

Been playing Anno in offline-mode while I wait and it's not letting me move anything to my Ark for storage (including items). I can only guess it's because I'm not connected to their server. If that's true, hopefully they fix it since piling crap into my Ark is pretty important to gameplay.

ctuchsch
02-04-2012, 12:30 AM
I bought this game on Tuesday and not a single day has gone by that I've been able to play without a problem. Is this typical or a bad week.

Three days of can't connect to the server followed by one day of user already logged in.

I put in a ticket and got a generic response back the next day saying they were aware of the problem.

Can we get a day and time where the servers will be up so we can actually play your game?

mafbarbaar
02-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Same problems here. If they create a systhem to avoid piracy, they better creata a systhem that works for the paying ones, instead of being gready and dont taking care for the honnest people. AS i'm playing World of Warcraft if there is a problem you can take imediately take contact with a gamemaster, who will solve your problem imediately. They also stay in contact until you realy confirm your problem is solved. Here at UBISOFT I cant even find a trace for taking contact. Next time I want to BUY!!! a game and find a UBISOFT logo, even a litle trace of it, I will walk around it at a very long distance. And a message for UBISOFT: next time THINK before you act...

XeliumXx
02-04-2012, 01:09 AM
Just got off the phone with Ubisoft technical support and they said that one of the servers was shutdown last night for maintenance but others stayed on. The representative continued by saying this might be the problem which they are currently working on and it SHOULD be fixed soon.

Ubisot Tech Support: 919-460-9778

Yeah that's the phone number for the Canadian Support. And that number is located in North Carolina, USA. I'm not paying 40+ minutes of long distance bills to listen to automated messages and waiting music.

crustless
02-04-2012, 02:06 AM
I also haven't been able to have a trouble free play session since I bought the game earlier this week. I hadn't purchased an Ubisoft game in a while because of their DRM and general customer care. Anno 2070 tempted me to give them a chance and now I am regretting it. I probably won't buy another game from them until I hear they have changed their ways.

XeliumXx
02-04-2012, 05:59 AM
I also haven't been able to have a trouble free play session since I bought the game earlier this week. I hadn't purchased an Ubisoft game in a while because of their DRM and general customer care. Anno 2070 tempted me to give them a chance and now I am regretting it. I probably won't buy another game from them until I hear they have changed their ways.

I stopped with AC: Brotherhood.. But this game tempted me and I regret it as well.