PDA

View Full Version : Sweet little old lady....

donna577
01-31-2012, 11:11 PM
http://i1084.photobucket.com/albums/j408/donna577/403917_10150656092173465_129446698464_11282293_204 8214852_n.jpg

Wolferz
01-31-2012, 11:38 PM
That's my grandma.;)

cgkstealth
02-01-2012, 02:32 AM
Haha great story there. ;)

I remember hearing one a year or so on the radio that told about how an armed man broke into an elderly woman's house. He, trying to be somewhat nice (robbers....being nice HA!), wasn't apparently too worried about her and that's what cost him. Turns out that she was a black belt in karate and wasn't afraid to let him know it. To make a long story short, she had him on the ground at gunpoint (his own gun) when the cops showed up. http://www.smileys4me.com/getsmiley.php?show=476

WernherVonTrapp
02-01-2012, 11:31 AM
I've seen some pretty unbelievable things throughout my career. Somehow, over the years, I seem to have forgotten a lot of them. Even when the guys recount some the the stories, I have little or no recollection of the facts. The point is, that you can't make this stuff up. Still, there's something about this story, or maybe it's the way in which it is presented, that makes me a little suspicious. Notwithstanding that I'm hopelessly suspicious about everyone/everything. Can anyone else see anything out of the ordinary in the way this story is presented? There's one thing that raised my eyebrow and caused me to question it, not that I'm saying the story is false, but there's definitely something unusual about it. Can anyone else point it out?

fireftr18
02-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Is it that there is a photo of her included?

WernherVonTrapp
02-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Is it that there is a photo of her included?Bingo! Where the heck did they get that (alleged) photo of her? The other thing that caught my attention is the permit to carry. Now, I know NJ has the strictest gun laws in the union, heck, unless you're a retired police officer, Federal Judge or PI, it's next to impossible to get a carry permit here. Still, I know there are states where a carry permit is much easier to obtain or not necessary at all. But here it says that she has a carry permit, so it's safe to conclude that one is required in that state. Now, a permit to carry a handgun (if one is necessary) is usually very specific as to the exact gun which is allowed on the person. They're not blanket permits that allow you to carry any handgun in your arsenal. You would have to get a seperate permit for each and every gun you wish to carry, usually with the stipulation that you carry only one at a time.
Now, I don't know the laws of Minnesota but it would be reasonable to presume that their carry laws are responsible. This is what makes me somewhat suspect of the story.

BigDog1701a
02-01-2012, 02:54 PM
In Texas, if you qualify with a semi-auto pistol, you can carry any handgun you want. If you qualify with a revolver then you can only carry a revolver. There are no other weapon type restrictions and do not need a different permit for different weapons. Not that we should have to have a permit at all.

WernherVonTrapp
02-01-2012, 03:09 PM
In Texas, if you qualify with a semi-auto pistol, you can carry any handgun you want. If you qualify with a revolver then you can only carry a revolver. There are no other weapon type restrictions and do not need a different permit for different weapons. Not that we should have to have a permit at all.Texas and Florida are two of the states I had in mind when I said that some states don't require them.

donna577
02-01-2012, 04:29 PM
It was on f/b, most likely fake, I believe I heard a similar story many years ago....I posted it because it made me laugh. Therefore I was only sharing the laughter, please don't read into it so deeply.

WernherVonTrapp
02-01-2012, 06:08 PM
It was on f/b, most likely fake, I believe I heard a similar story many years ago....I posted it because it made me laugh. Therefore I was only sharing the laughter, please don't read into it so deeply.http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b456/archangel501/Smileys/ad56c571.gif Whoops, sorry Donna. I have an unnatural, natural, tendency to overanalyze things. I had no way of knowing that you knew the story was fake and I didn't analyze it for any specific or personal reasons. It's just a tendency of mine.http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b456/archangel501/Smileys/60615046.gif

paulhager
02-02-2012, 12:47 AM
Buddy of mine pointed me to this a few days ago. Definitely fun.

In the real word, I only carry one pistol at a time, though I must admit to a hankering to carry a brace of Glock-21's in left & right draw shoulder holsters. It would offer a good excuse to buy a new suit...

Wolferz
02-02-2012, 11:30 AM
If everyone was armed, the only crime would be thieves, burglars, etc etc getting their fool heads blown off.

MWolfe1963
02-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Just be careful. We had a guy at the hunting club that shot a nice buck. He carried a 38 revolver in a holster in the woods when hunting. He shot a deer with his rifle but didn't kill
it and used his pistol to finish the deer off. He stuck the pistol in his front pants instead of holster, don't know why but he had ****ed the gun again, he was very excited, first nice buck
kill, just an idiot overall. The pistol went off and no lie, the bullet went between his ****** grazing the bottom side and his nuts grazing them and into the top thigh carving out a nice chunk.
Another degree off he would be missing either his ****** or his nuts, he was lucky.

Wolferz
02-04-2012, 02:46 AM
So he went off full ****ed, MWolfe?:rolleyes:

denis4510
02-06-2012, 02:35 AM
Only the crims have handguns in Australia (and members of gun clubs). The rest of us are not allowed. The Laws on long arms are very restrictive too - no automatics or semi-automatics allowed - even shotguns.

Mescator
02-06-2012, 11:16 AM
Only the crims have handguns in Australia (and members of gun clubs). The rest of us are not allowed. The Laws on long arms are very restrictive too - no automatics or semi-automatics allowed - even shotguns.

I know several people who own weapons outside of those groups. One of them has 3 separate rifles. Obviously not automatic or semi automatic, but getting a non concealable gun is possible. Just make sure it's securely locked up and be responsible with it.

denis4510
02-06-2012, 01:51 PM
I know several people who own weapons outside of those groups. One of them has 3 separate rifles. Obviously not automatic or semi automatic, but getting a non concealable gun is possible. Just make sure it's securely locked up and be responsible with it.

Yes mate that's what I meant by the laws on long arms - if you are a farmer or have a place to shoot like on a friend's or your property and it is over a certain size, you can have a weapon. I handed mine in years ago.

Mescator
02-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Ah, my Mistake Denis :)

swamprat69er
02-07-2012, 11:19 PM

Same here in Canada. It is only cops and other crooks are allowed handguns here. No autos, shotguns with only 2 rounds in the mag and one under the hammer.