PDA

View Full Version : All the information about Assassin's Creed for the PS Vita

Cpt_Yanni
01-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Nowadays we don't know very much yet about the Assassin's Creed-title that will appear on the PlayStation Vita. Because I'm one of the persons that loves to be up-to-date so I'm setting up this topic. I will edit this post to place the latest news, details and rumors about the PlayStation Vita-version. And I hope that you guys will post everything you know about the title in this topic ;)! Please also discuss about this title and make guesses about the setting, I'm pleased to read all your theories ;).

Rumors

The game will have 'Assassin's Creed III: Liberation' as title.
The main character of this game will (again?) be Alta´r, this is speculated with a couple of 'screens' that appeared in august. - Denied, Ubisoft has stated that it will be a complete new main character, according to LightRey.
The PlayStation Vita-game is rumored to be Assassin's Creed III, according to a developer of Ubisoft (watch link here (http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1388830/assassins_creed_3_headed_to_ps_vita_rumour.html))
The main character will be Aveline, she has a mixed heritage of french and black.
The game will be set in New Orleans and the Gulf of Mexico.
The game will feature the same time period as Connor
There will be alligators in the game (and other swamp life).
It will be a full Assassin's Creed-experience. It will feature large gameplay areas where you can run, climb, fight and explore the entirety without loading.
The game is released as a propaganda tool by Abstergo. The company wants templars to experience the gray area through the eyes of an assassin.
Desmond won't be in the game.
The game will have a multiplayer that is specifically built for the Vita.
Aveline's mentor is Agate, a former slave that is now the leader of the Assassin's in New Orleans.
The game will be released on the 30th of october 2012.
Denied Rumors: Red
Confirmed Rumors: Green

Facts

The game will appear this year, 2012.
At the gamescom press-conference in 2011 this new title was announced. It was said that the game will feature new characters and a new location.
This title will feature a complete new main character (according to LightRey)
More details weren't given yet. But stay tuned, when someone knows something more, you'll read it here in this topic!

LightRey
01-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Won't be Alta´r. Ubisoft has stated several times already that they were done with Alta´r and Ezio after ACR.

AntiChrist7
01-18-2012, 02:55 PM
funny how two rumors completly contradict each other

Cpt_Yanni
01-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Edited ;) Thanks!

LightRey
01-18-2012, 03:07 PM
funny how two rumors completly contradict each other

Not a rumor. It has been mentioned in many interviews that ACR was the game that wrapped up the stories of both Ezio and Alta´r completely.

Cpt_Yanni
01-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Hmm yea, but before AC:Revelations it was also stated in an interview that there wouldn't be an 'main' AC-title in 2011 (By Jean-Francois Boivin). So yea... I'm not sure either, but as they've already stated it in the official announcement at gamescom that it would be a whole new story with new characters, I'm almost certain that LightRey is right about this...

LightRey
01-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Hmm yea, but before AC:Revelations it was also stated in an interview that there wouldn't be an 'main' AC-title in 2011 (By Jean-Francois Boivin). So yea... I'm not sure either, but as they've already stated it in the official announcement at gamescom that it would be a whole new story with new characters, I'm almost certain that LightRey is right about this...

There's also the problem that there isn't exactly much of Alta´r's life left to feature in a game.

Cpt_Yanni
01-18-2012, 03:40 PM
That's a fact... Conclusion: We need more information about this game... NOW! :rolleyes:

Hamoddaa
01-18-2012, 05:16 PM
might be Darim

D.I.D.
01-18-2012, 08:13 PM

Which was true. By "main" title, they meant a numbered title game with a new storyline. Brotherhood and Revelations are acknowledged to be supporting titles to ACII, continuing its storyline.

Will_Lucky
01-18-2012, 11:24 PM
might be Darim

Darim isn't the ancestor of Desmond, so that doesn't exactly work.

RzaRecta357
01-18-2012, 11:38 PM
Ahhhh. I didn't want to get a vita but now I'll have too. I bet the main character is the AC3 ancestor.

JumpInTheFire13
01-19-2012, 12:01 AM
I highly doubt it will be the AC3 character. I could see that being possible if the Vita game came out after AC3, but they wouldn't continue the story of a character introduced in a portable game, on a console. AC3 will be a completely new, never seen before character (my opinion.) And hopefully the Vita game is a new character as well. As much as I love Ezio and Altair, I'm sick of them and I want a new character in a new setting. And it should be a good quality game, not like Bloodlines or the DS games.

Cpt_Yanni
01-19-2012, 10:07 AM
Which was true. By "main" title, they meant a numbered title game with a new storyline. Brotherhood and Revelations are acknowledged to be supporting titles to ACII, continuing its storyline.

I'm pretty sure that he tried to point out that there wouldn't be a full game (like Brotherhood or Revelations) in 2011...

SweetsMachineGun
01-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Can we have a game starring Malik? : D Assassin's Creed: One Armed and Dangerous

mattahleen
01-20-2012, 04:19 AM
I highly doubt it will be the AC3 character. I could see that being possible if the Vita game came out after AC3, but they wouldn't continue the story of a character introduced in a portable game, on a console. AC3 will be a completely new, never seen before character (my opinion.) And hopefully the Vita game is a new character as well. As much as I love Ezio and Altair, I'm sick of them and I want a new character in a new setting. And it should be a good quality game, not like Bloodlines or the DS games.If you do not remember they did that for ezio(discovery)

JumpInTheFire13
01-20-2012, 04:48 AM
If you do not remember they did that for ezio(discovery)

But Discovery was released a bit after AC2. He was first introduced to us with the full console/pc game.

LukewarmPoptart
01-20-2012, 05:10 AM
I'm betting it will be starring the character from AC3

SaintPerkele
05-06-2012, 03:28 PM
If it's a new ancestor/main character, I really, really hope that they won't waste a location/time period that most of us would like to see featured in a main game. I can see them working with Shao Jun though actually, seeing how both Project Legacy and of course Embers hinted to some big things going on in China during that time period. Some things from Embers (the box) were left unexplained for a purpose for example. Also, but maybe that's just me, virtues is something I mainly connect to Eastern/Asian tradition.

Cpt_Yanni
05-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Embers opened a new interesting story, so yea, it would be cool if they did something with that for AC Vita. I hope they'll finally give us some information and gameplay on E3 about the game...

rileypoole1234
05-06-2012, 05:57 PM
I'm betting it will be starring the character from AC3

That's highly doubtful.

SleezeRocker
05-06-2012, 06:00 PM
I love me some Assasisn's Creed form my PSV! ( I could buy bloodlines for 20$ on download but why really do that when I already have the disc/PSP game :P)

If it's not with Connor, then I can imagine them making either a game with SHao Jun or probably Nikolai Orelov.
I wonder of the PSV AC game can feeature coop multiplayer? That be pretty neat :)

This is slightly off but I don't mind (in the future of course) a portable AC BRotherhood or Revelations, that's just me, I know i'll get flamed cuz some believe they suck but I personally wouldn't mind a good/short AC game on the go ;)

Will_Lucky
05-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Personally I wouldn't want a game based on Shao Jun, didn't really strike me as a good character and not too sure on China as a setting.

But my favourite option would be something based on the Fall still.

SaintPerkele
05-07-2012, 02:22 PM
With The Chain coming up and The Fall and Project Legacy, I have the feeling that every important part of Nikolai's life is already covered. Also, since I don't think that I'll buy a PS Vita, I'd be disappointed if I couldn't play with Nikolai in a main game :P

Cpt_Yanni
06-02-2012, 09:55 PM
I've updated the list with the rumors of Neogaf. (click here (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38430752&postcount=1))