PDA

View Full Version : Add first person modes!!!!

THS-RAMPAGE
01-14-2012, 02:41 AM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, without a normal original first person shooter this will not be ghost recon pc, it will feel like a port.
PLEASE REVAMP AND MAKE A THREAT indicator also, if so i'm all in.
OGR. Was. The. Best.

buzzcocks
01-17-2012, 11:55 PM
Seconded. If it's 3rd person only it's a non-purchase for me.

Mikeseoz
01-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Yep, no FPS no purchase for me...
PC Gamers like FPS no TPS, so keep in mind that Ubisoft if you want to sale good.

mossco
01-23-2012, 12:45 PM
That's rubbish! TPS worked really well for the GR:AW games for 360 which was a helluvalot better and more strategic than the PC version plus those versions were programmed by Red Storm, the original GR and Rainbow Six producers, so I wouldn't be whining if I were you. Grin did a turd of a job. FPS on its own is lame

THS-RAMPAGE
01-23-2012, 09:03 PM
That's rubbish! TPS worked really well for the GR:AW games for 360 which was a helluvalot better and more strategic than the PC version plus those versions were programmed by Red Storm, the original GR and Rainbow Six producers, so I wouldn't be whining if I were you. Grin did a turd of a job. FPS on its own is lame

Personally I remember trying out the demo for GRAW, and was instantly bored because of the 3rd person, It had no challange for me and after playing that demo I understood this game no longer had the lasting appeal as it did started out. As for rainbow six vegas, THAT GAME KNOCKED THE FRANCHISE OUT OF ITS DIMENSION.
I bought that game for 60$$$$$ and brought it back to gamestop within the weeek.

I really don't care about the console version. As for my 'Whinning' I just don't want some console ported lame 3rd person overlooking wall combat for a franchise that started out FIRST PERSON...........................

Xvenc
01-26-2012, 09:44 AM
Agreed. Unless they at least include a FP perspective, I just wont buy it. The Ghost Recon series has always been a tactical shooter which pretty much demands a first person view for that added bit of realism.

GuZZ33
02-01-2012, 01:20 PM
TPS worked really well for the GR:AW games for 360 which was a helluvalot better and more strategic than the PC version.
I think GRIN did a great job for the pc version of GRAW series, i have played the pc and 360 version and the pc was the best for strategic positioning and tactics for your fireteam members.

GuZZ33
02-01-2012, 01:25 PM
a franchise that started out FIRST PERSON...........................
Ghost Recon started out with a very unique cross hair or reticle viewpoint :)

GuZZ33
02-01-2012, 01:28 PM
plus those versions were programmed by Red Storm, the original GR and Rainbow Six producers, so I wouldn't be whining if I were you.
It was Red Storm entertainment that developed Rainbow Six Lockdown, the winning formula is not allways in a name :)

mossco
02-03-2012, 12:59 PM
It was Red Storm entertainment that developed Rainbow Six Lockdown, the winning formula is not allways in a name :)

I beg to differ as the devs who do it best, know it best. Grin were outsiders. As you have 1 example, I stand corrected. But wait, does that mean that even the best aren't allowed to make mistakes? EVERY success story has failure in it, ask anyone who is a captain of their field in ANY industry. Lockdown was a perfect example of below par for this company, I'm sure they agree with that. By the same token, I haven't seen rubbish come out of this company before or since that title

FPS dumbs down the gaming experience. Few games, like Portal, use it to good effect. TPS feel more cinematic, like I'm in the action. I can see the character reacting and connect with the character. One of the BEST Tom Clancy games, Splinter Cell, is TPS. HELLO?!?!? If the new GR:FS has aspects of that aswell as from the original, then THAT is a winner. And from the looks of the trailers, well... I say no more

I'm ready for something new. Having said that, to stop all you little whiny *****es from going on longer because you cant hack change and "We want the OGR!!!", zzzzzzz, Ubisoft, just give them a switchable FPS option as well as the TPS. Square Enix copped this lame bull**** with the Deus Ex reboot with its TPS 'cover mode' included but now everybody liked it after, didn't they...

Honest to god, there are more important things in this world to worry about. Stop playing WoW and jacking off, go outside, exercise, talk to real people face to face, get a life. Hahahaha :D

I trust the devs will do an outstanding job

GuZZ33
02-04-2012, 01:29 PM
And from the looks of the trailers, well... I say no more.
Watching the recent gameplay and trailers Ghost Recon Future Soldier single player is an action shooter. Ubisoft made it quite clear a while ago that the new game is far from the original and even from the GRAW series, they wanted to change the direction. The games shooter market is geared towards the fast paced action shooter fan rather than the slow paced tactical thinking mans game. I prefer the slow paced game with good tactics and choice use of team members like the original and even GRAW, but i'm not really part of the target audience for Future Soldier.

OUT FOX EM
02-05-2012, 01:26 AM

If you don't want to use the FPS option, then don't. My question is, why would you be against it? No one is forcing you to play in first person servers, so why do you care if anyone else does?

Ubisoft wants to make the game "more accessible" for everyone, and draw in as many players as possible. That can only be done with MORE options, not less.

Yefrign
02-06-2012, 10:51 AM
I believe the main reason why they went for a TPS is for a few reasons.

1. to make it more cinematic.
2. making 'tactical' orders in a FPS has never been that good. sure R6V does it but its really basic. sure it can be done but before long you will have too many 'order' keys to hamper your HUD while you are shooting in an FPS perspective.
3. making it a TPS it allows more of an RTS-like order system that can still be used effectively WHILE in combat. I dont believe it can really be done with the latter ^

UBISOFT this time wanted to go down to the heart of what the GR series was about; 'realistic' 'teamwork' 'special forces' like gameplay. and from what I have seen so far they have done an amazing job to impliment all 3 AND more.

Soulid_Snake
02-07-2012, 12:11 AM
Even though, I won't play in FP, I think it would definately add more variety. I can remember the 2010 E3 demo having FP in it. But, remember guys this has got ADS.

marc_cro
02-09-2012, 01:45 AM
no no no no and NO! I'm sick of FPS's already!!! 3rd person mode is a huuuge + for me!!!!

GuZZ33
02-12-2012, 03:43 PM
UBISOFT this time wanted to go down to the heart of what the GR series was about; 'realistic' 'teamwork' 'special forces' like gameplay. and from what I have seen so far they have done an amazing job to impliment all 3 AND more.
Firstly, for me, i don't really care if the character/s you play as- in game- is in third person, over the shoulder or first person viewpoint.

Any multiplayer shooter game can have realistic-teamwork-special forces-spec-ops or whatever- gameplay, teamwork is teamwork, of course though that is down to the individual player if they really want to play as a team member, imho. I'm not so sure about their " heart of ghost recon " - Ghost Recon had many aspects for sp and mp that made it a great game to play on the PC. Unfortunately a lot of those aspects that were implemented into the first Ghost Recon game have gone. I think Future Soldier will do well on the console and maybe on the pc? although the pc hardware has much more power, it would be great if ubisoft made use of the newer technology like dx11, good shadow techniques and superior lighting effects, and not forgetting antialiasing techniques and anisotropic filtering and catering well for resolution ,aspect ratios refresh rates etc :)

PanamanianDevil
02-12-2012, 04:19 PM
Third Person is where it's at for watching your character go stealth and watching awesome melee actions! First Person would only ruin that experience. I wouldn't purchase Future Soldier if there was no third person. You have to keep in mind, this is not your previous generation Ghost Recons. A cover system, ghosting effects, and melee kills have been added. These types of things would not look good in first person.

My vote is focus on the third person perspective and the cooperative play. It would be a great game and I'd purchase it without hesitation.

yeti0127
02-24-2012, 05:53 AM
I'll agree with the people saying no FPS no purchase.

The love I've always had for the series comes from application of real world tactics that the FPS has always done so well.
-slicing the pie
-positioning and moving (enfilade and defilade)
-using cover (not being able to see around that cover without sticking your neck out)
-generally working the angles and corners.

No other game has offered the realistic weapons and tactical movements like the Ghost Recon series has. The only 2 complaints anybody had about the last PC version was the nub-tube (read grenade launcher) and the poor AI. Looking at these trailers I'm very concerned it's going to be too sci-fi and too cinematic without enough tacticool.

R0CKY
02-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Third person or First person, it's clear there are two camps and as it's down to player preference, no-one is really right, or wrong, unless you are arguing that Ghost Recon should retain it's identity and remain true to its origins.

The solution is simple, they should code in both as a setup option. Fans modded such an option in GRAW, so surely the devs can do it, at least for the PC version... :D

athenian
02-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Third person or First person, it's clear there are two camps and as it's down to player preference, no-one is really right, or wrong, unless you are arguing that Ghost Recon should retain it's identity and remain true to its origins.

The solution is simple, they should code in both as a setup option. Fans modded such an option in GRAW, so surely the devs can do it, at least for the PC version... :D

That's what is confusing, they could easily have both a first person view and a third person view, but they won't.

yeti0127
02-27-2012, 02:29 PM
It's because stealth. 3rd person is better for a sneaking around game.
I agree with the poster arguing that there are 2 camps. I just don't understand why they wouldn't release this under a different title and keep the Ghost Recon series true to the camp that likes what it was. I don't want to play with tech I can never have.

I want to feel like I'm practicing. You may think that's dumb but consider this. I can go to the range and shoot my guns but there's no place outside of a book to practice positioning. The games had a heavy focus on where to stand, when to move, how to deal with blind spots, keeping head down. It was a lot more than running up to this block or that block and pressing the cover ****on and then magically being able to see around it because 3rd person view is on.

The last game actually did teach me some things about posturing and ammo budgeting, as crazy as that sounds and this is what made it fun.
There are other games like ArmA, which try to be hyper-realistic and they completely suck for it. GR has always had the best balance of realism, freedom and pacing.

So when I say that if it's not an FPS I won't buy, it's not that I'm threatening or whining to Ubisoft about it. I genuinely will not be interested in playing it. If this is where the market is, then I can't fault them for the game but I do have a strong suspicion, based on these forums, that there is a large demand for games like the originals.
I kind of wish they were releasing this game under a different title. People would still buy it because, "Ubisoft". Ubisoft has always made the best shooters.

EEDAm
03-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Mosco,

How about having some respect for other people's views and not spouting off like such a fawning fanboi? If this game is TPV only, I will not be buying... end of...

Am