PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Error

Alundith
12-16-2006, 07:30 PM
I can load up the servers fine in Multiplayer but, when I see the list I can rarely connect to any. I select a server and click connect then it says, "Joining Game" for about 10 seconds then says, "The Multiplayer game is no longer available".

Alundith
12-16-2006, 07:30 PM
I can load up the servers fine in Multiplayer but, when I see the list I can rarely connect to any. I select a server and click connect then it says, "Joining Game" for about 10 seconds then says, "The Multiplayer game is no longer available".

HiGhLaNd3I2
12-16-2006, 10:44 PM
I just get a hanging joining game screen, only way out is alt ctrl del

Pyrostasis1980
12-16-2006, 11:37 PM
yep it hangs for me too... not worth even trying it atm, needs several patches to get all this ironed out.

Feels like Im playing early beta software, not a 50 dollar release.

Pooty81
12-17-2006, 09:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HiGhLaNd3I2:
I just get a hanging joining game screen, only way out is alt ctrl del </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you had just waited a little longer you would have been playing a game of multiplayer.

It was the same as in RvS for me. If the game "froze" or showed a "hiccup" at the joining game screen, I knew it was about to connect.

For Vegas, it seems like the computer has crashed/froze.. but if you wait about 20 seconds.. you'll be in game..

Ekizochikku
12-17-2006, 09:58 PM
Well yes its a $50 dollar game but this game just needs some work and they are fixing it. I think maybe they should have just done a public free multiplayer beta before they released it. Because you should be able to play if you meet requirements after paying $50 But whatever they set expectations with everyone that are not good. But they still have a chance to fix the bad.

TedSmith
12-17-2006, 10:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pooty81:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HiGhLaNd3I2:
I just get a hanging joining game screen, only way out is alt ctrl del </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you had just waited a little longer you would have been playing a game of multiplayer.

It was the same as in RvS for me. If the game "froze" or showed a "hiccup" at the joining game screen, I knew it was about to connect.

For Vegas, it seems like the computer has crashed/froze.. but if you wait about 20 seconds.. you'll be in game.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is not true at all. He can wait as long as he likes, it won't connect. I had the same issue.

Mine was resolved by updating my wireless router's firmware (Dlink, DI-524, for reference). It wasn't terribly out of date, but it resolved the problem.

Pooty81
12-18-2006, 04:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TedSmith:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pooty81:

For Vegas, it seems like the computer has crashed/froze.. but if you wait about 20 seconds.. you'll be in game.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is not true at all. He can wait as long as he likes, it won't connect. I had the same issue.

Mine was resolved by updating my wireless router's firmware (Dlink, DI-524, for reference). It wasn't terribly out of date, but it resolved the problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right. Today I did have the hang issue without connecting.. sheesh.. this is ridiculous.

A9_Carlos
01-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Was going to complain about this issue but like a good boy i used the search feature and found tonnes already made.

Glad to hear i'm not the only one with this issue (although I do of course wish none of us had it!)

I thought for a while it may be that my cd key has been stolen as last night i connected fine having not changed a damn thing in my setup from the night before when i was frozen out all evening.

It's VERY annoying that the game doesnt even have a simple timeout option...goes to show imo on the whole how poor this game is.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

www.alpha9s.com (http://www.alpha9s.com)

A9_Carlos
01-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Oh I didnt explain above - this is the Joining Game bug where it hangs at this screen and does not, no matter how long you leave it, join the game.

Alt tabbing out is the only cure - nice touch NOT.

Fully updated Router firmware, firewall ports all set, no anti virus running...just XP Pro w SP2 and Vegas on clean install.<div class="ev_tpc_signature">

www.alpha9s.com (http://www.alpha9s.com)

sykoskid
01-13-2007, 01:22 PM
will there be a offline multiplayer splitscreen for sharpshooter for those who play offline.