PDA

View Full Version : Mission 3 - JBA HQ - Part 1 UNABLE TO KILL COLE YAEGHER

Ase1985
04-03-2007, 03:28 AM
I am having a problem with Splinter Cell: Double Agent. When I have completed my training course in the JBA HQ stage I am lead to a room, what happens is that the door is opened and there is an animation sequence whereby my instructor walks into the room where there is a man who is tied up, from here nothing happens. The animation continues and I am unable to do anything, it has not frozen and in fact it still tells me "Objective Updated: Kill Cole Yeagher" or "Don't Kill Cole Yeagher". And that is all, I am unable to do anything, no amount of button smashing brings about any response whatsoever. As I previously stated the game has not frozen, it simply doesn't go any further than that. I am simply left to stare at "Moss" on the left, a whimpering Cole Yaegher in the middle, and a man with his back to me on the right. The only thing I can do at this point is Quickload or use the Ctr+Alt+Del command to shut down the game.

I am also having a problem with save games. When I click "Continue" in the single player menu it says I do not have any valid saves. This is impossible as I am on Stage 3 and am able to "Load - Progress - etc."

I have re-installed, updated, registered, and defragmented my hard drive. All my drivers are fully updated and Splinter Cell is "Unblocked" in windows Firewall. I then started a new game and have come to the same problem at this point. My PC meets all RECOMMENDED requirements and the game runs beautifully. As I stated before the game does not, at any stage, freeze up or crash.

PLEASE HELP!!! THIS IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!!!

SYSTEM SPECS:
Acer Travelmate 8200
Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon x1600 up to 512MB HyperMemory
1GB DDR2 RAM

My version of Splinter Cell: Double Agent was manufactured in Europe

Ase1985
04-03-2007, 03:28 AM
I am having a problem with Splinter Cell: Double Agent. When I have completed my training course in the JBA HQ stage I am lead to a room, what happens is that the door is opened and there is an animation sequence whereby my instructor walks into the room where there is a man who is tied up, from here nothing happens. The animation continues and I am unable to do anything, it has not frozen and in fact it still tells me "Objective Updated: Kill Cole Yeagher" or "Don't Kill Cole Yeagher". And that is all, I am unable to do anything, no amount of button smashing brings about any response whatsoever. As I previously stated the game has not frozen, it simply doesn't go any further than that. I am simply left to stare at "Moss" on the left, a whimpering Cole Yaegher in the middle, and a man with his back to me on the right. The only thing I can do at this point is Quickload or use the Ctr+Alt+Del command to shut down the game.

I am also having a problem with save games. When I click "Continue" in the single player menu it says I do not have any valid saves. This is impossible as I am on Stage 3 and am able to "Load - Progress - etc."

I have re-installed, updated, registered, and defragmented my hard drive. All my drivers are fully updated and Splinter Cell is "Unblocked" in windows Firewall. I then started a new game and have come to the same problem at this point. My PC meets all RECOMMENDED requirements and the game runs beautifully. As I stated before the game does not, at any stage, freeze up or crash.

PLEASE HELP!!! THIS IS EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!!!!

SYSTEM SPECS:
Acer Travelmate 8200
Intel Core Duo 1.66 GHz
ATI Mobility Radeon x1600 up to 512MB HyperMemory
1GB DDR2 RAM

My version of Splinter Cell: Double Agent was manufactured in Europe

Wanted_David
04-03-2007, 11:18 AM
did you delete the game saves? cuz it might help too, but you'll have to start a new game...
anyway, you're computer meets with the requirements so SCDA should run well...
I've also experienced some problems in the part where i have to choose between "Jam signal", "Frame Enrica" or the other one which i don't remember. when i chose the last one (which would cause the ship to explode) everybody was clapping and saying stuff like "Good work, Fisher" and they would just clap and clap...nothing happened and the game wouldn't continue...the JBA guys were just clapping clapping clapping (sometimes i thought they were REALLY happy about my work http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif)

Paul_831
04-06-2007, 02:36 AM
Hello. I have the same problem like Ase1985. Please can anyone help us. I want to play the game!!!!