PDA

View Full Version : I am unable to host a game.

ministryofwrath
09-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Some of you mite remember in the past I ran coop servers all the time, almost every day, a lot of you were regulars of my server, but for a time now I have been unable to host a server, and I know a lot of you are going to tell me to "search" and I have, I've done everything I can to the best I know how... every time I host a game now, in the console it says "local host" as if I'm trying to make a LAN game, I'm unsure if it showed up before or not, it mite have something to do with it.

point being I would love to host games again, but I'm just running in to a brick wall here, anyone have any suggestions? thanks in advance, looking forward to taking out a few tangos with you soon.

ministryofwrath
09-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Some of you mite remember in the past I ran coop servers all the time, almost every day, a lot of you were regulars of my server, but for a time now I have been unable to host a server, and I know a lot of you are going to tell me to "search" and I have, I've done everything I can to the best I know how... every time I host a game now, in the console it says "local host" as if I'm trying to make a LAN game, I'm unsure if it showed up before or not, it mite have something to do with it.

point being I would love to host games again, but I'm just running in to a brick wall here, anyone have any suggestions? thanks in advance, looking forward to taking out a few tangos with you soon.

TH_Overkill
09-28-2007, 05:46 AM
There is a very good progie for fixing network issues, it's called Dial-a-fix-v0.60.0.24.

It's helped me fix loads of PC network problems, I think it will fix yours.

BTW: I've not tried this progie on Vista, only XP.

greaterhater
09-29-2007, 11:27 AM
I too am unable to Host a game. I tried hosting a LAN game last night to no avail.. I can run single player story mode with all settings set at highest, with no problems at all. But, when I tried creating a LAN game we were able to connect and see each player in the lobby and chat room, then, as soon as we launch the game with selected map and it seems that the map is loading the host PC crashes to desktop(WinXP Pro) and client players become "stuck" in place and can only pan camera around but with no movement, and the chat box overlaps onto screen. I have update patch v1.05 and this is no help. please someone, offer advice...thank you! we REALLY want to play coop story!